Author Topic: Marvel Cinematic Universe thread v3 (no recent spoilers)  (Read 75550 times)

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe thread v3 (no recent spoilers)
« Reply #875 on: July 16, 2022, 06:51:11 PM »
Cast and director of F4 will be announced at D23.

I’m always more interested in writers. The directing will mostly be typical marvel stuff. The actors will usually be great. But it’s really the writing that’s suffered. So a Steven Spielberg directed FF with Daniel Day Lewis as Reed Richards won’t excite me too much if it’s written by someone who wrote 2 episodes of Pen15 and that’s it.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 07:11:29 AM by Adami »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #876 on: July 23, 2022, 10:23:24 AM »
Possible leak from trademark filings for future film titles in the EU.. Maybe a preview of tonight's Hall H event...

https://www.themarysue.com/marvel-leaks-tease-rumored-avengers-secret-wars-thunderbolts-captain-america-4-title-multiverse-saga-and-more/

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #877 on: July 23, 2022, 11:16:11 AM »
Possible leak from trademark filings for future film titles in the EU.. Maybe a preview of tonight's Hall H event...

https://www.themarysue.com/marvel-leaks-tease-rumored-avengers-secret-wars-thunderbolts-captain-america-4-title-multiverse-saga-and-more/

Saw that trending on Twitter yesterday. I guess we will find out tonight. It would suck if they weren't planning on revealing some of those until D23 in September, because it almost feels expected that they'll at least mention these today at their panel. I have a feeling they won't reveal their entire Phase 5 slate until D23, so we may at least get titles for the last 2023 date (in November) and the four dates in 2024, which I presume are all part of Phase 4 (which makes it 15 films long). I'm pretty sure we will get a Wakanda Forever trailer, a teaser for GOTG Vol. 3, and maybe something about Quantumania and The Marvels. They'll probably give Blade a release date, but I've heard that anything Fantastic Four related will be revealed at D23.

-Marc.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 08:37:35 AM by The Letter M »
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #878 on: July 23, 2022, 12:54:38 PM »
Marvel themselves confirmed that F4 items are being revealed at D23, including cast and director.

We'll know everything in about 5 hours, my cousin is in Hall H, and will be giving me updates, so I'll know as soon as he does.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #879 on: July 23, 2022, 06:18:38 PM »
Captain America and Thunderbolts confirmed.

Also, Daredevil- Born Again with an 18 episode season.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #880 on: July 23, 2022, 06:23:42 PM »

Offline jammindude

« Reply #881 on: July 23, 2022, 06:51:20 PM »
 :metal :metal :metal
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #882 on: July 23, 2022, 06:58:03 PM »
In the next few hours, keep an eye out for footage from Secret Invasion, Ant Man 3 and GOTG 3. Not trailers, but SDCC exclusives.

Hoping my cousin shot some cause they're right up front.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #884 on: July 23, 2022, 07:06:56 PM »
November 8, 2025...Avengers- Secret Wars

Kang Dynasty announced as well, May 5, 2025

All part of phase 6...Phase 4,5,6 will be known as the Multiverse Saga

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #885 on: July 23, 2022, 07:09:11 PM »

Offline jammindude

« Reply #886 on: July 23, 2022, 07:14:24 PM »
That just tells me that those two avengers films will most likely be a similar set up to infinity war and endgame. In that they are basically two halves of a bigger story split up into two movies. And most likely a culmination of everything that they are building right now

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #887 on: July 23, 2022, 07:19:46 PM »
That just tells me that those two avengers films will most likely be a similar set up to infinity war and endgame. In that they are basically two halves of a bigger story split up into two movies. And most likely a culmination of everything that they are building right now

Yup, that's what the Feige confirmed. 8 more projects to drop at D23 to culminate the Multiverse Saga.

Wakanda Forever trailer should be dropping in moments.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #889 on: July 23, 2022, 07:50:14 PM »
Looks excellent but man that's gonna be a bittersweet watch  :'(

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #890 on: July 23, 2022, 08:32:47 PM »

Yep, I highly doubt anyone will make it through that dry eyed.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #891 on: July 23, 2022, 10:06:24 PM »

Yep, I highly doubt anyone will make it through that dry eyed.

You know the film will begin with a black screen and white text that honors Chadwick and every single person is going to start crying right then and there.

My thoughts on the panel:
Getting the entire Phase 5 slate was a mind-blower, especially confirming titles like New World Order and Thunderbolts, especially after their trademarks were leaked a day or two ago. Phase 5 looks to include a WIDE variety of stuff, even more so than Phase 4. I like the new subtitle for Agatha's show, and saying that Daredevil: Born Again is getting an 18-episode FIRST season implies we will get (at least) a 2nd season. Charlie Cox is going to be EVERYWHERE soon, between She-Hulk and the MCU-adjacent Spider-Man: Freshman Year animated series.

So yeah, Phase 5 was a bombshell, but then dropping the release date for Fantastic Four, and saying it's the start of Phase 6, which culminates in two Avengers films in 2025, releasing only 5 months apart, was the cherry on top. Holy crap I did NOT see that coming, even if the titles were similarly leaked with those trade.arks. I hope they're good, because the last time I remember two films releasing that close in a franchise, we got The Matrix 2 and 3 and that was a bit ehhhh... I bet The Kang Dynasty ends on such a HUGE cliffhanger that they didn't want to make us wait a whole year like they did with Endgame, but that made Endgame the biggest film of all time, so who knows...

The new She-Hulk trailer gives me a bit more confidence in the show, even if the CGI is still a bit wonky, but I loved seeing Wong again. He's really gotten around this Phase!

The Wakanda Forever trailer... man, I've watched it at least a dozen times now and it moves me every single time. It's going to wreck me emotionally. I'm excited to see Namor and see what he can do. Visually the film looks amazing already, the cinematography is breathtaking, and I have no doubt this will end up being one of the biggest films of 2022. It'll end Phase 4 with a bang, which has limped and hopped with varying degrees of success (at least in theaters).

I really hope the GOTG Vol 3, Quantumania, and Secret Invasion footage drops at some point. From what I've heard, Adam Warlock and Kang both looked amazing.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #892 on: July 23, 2022, 11:22:09 PM »
Ok.  :dunno:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #893 on: July 24, 2022, 08:02:44 AM »
Still can't find any of the footage other than that snippet from gotg. The mouse must be busy scrubbing the leaks.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #894 on: July 24, 2022, 01:22:39 PM »
While certainly a different direction from Phase 1-3, the announcement of Avengers titles has me a bit more excited about what's to come. They better start digging into the Multiverse a bit more though. We shall see.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #895 on: July 24, 2022, 01:37:37 PM »
While certainly a different direction from Phase 1-3, the announcement of Avengers titles has me a bit more excited about what's to come. They better start digging into the Multiverse a bit more though. We shall see.

From here on out, some stories might not even be set in the main MCU-616 that we have come to know and love. It'd be a great way to introduce other universes that might collide and culminate in The Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars.

-Marc

Online soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #896 on: July 24, 2022, 01:55:01 PM »
Antman to die in Quantumania.  It's the first film of phase 5 and the introduction of Kang.  If they want to make Kang the next big bad they need to make a statement, can't have Antman beat him in his first outing!!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #897 on: July 24, 2022, 02:20:22 PM »

From here on out, some stories might not even be set in the main MCU-616 that we have come to know and love. It'd be a great way to introduce other universes that might collide and culminate in The Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars.

-Marc
That would almost for sure be the straw that makes me and others give up following the MCU.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #898 on: July 24, 2022, 02:29:30 PM »

-Marc

I'd say it's a given. Antman is already supposed to take place in the quantum realm. Loki 2 will be a hot mess of multiverse awesomeness for sure. I'd bet good money the Marvels is heading there as well. I mean, they're calling it the Multiverse Saga, so they just gotta share that love with other universes, right? And who knows what will be brought in by the animated shows like What If?

I'd say short term I'm most excited, aside from Wakanda Forever, is the growth of the D+ shows, which seem to be heading for a huge culmination in the Daredevil show. We got a hint of him in She Hulk, he's supposed to appear in Echo as well. Seems they'll have two MCU's growing side by side, the big MCU movie verse, and the little D+ universe, and they'll tie into each other here and they're. I'd guess Thunderbolts is where they'll really collide, setting phase 6 up.

So fucking excited for all of this, as usual, we're just puppets in Feige's capable hands. I never lost faith in it.

Also want to make a prediction that Major's Kang will be one of the best villains ever, dude is such a tremendous actor, if he brings half of what he did to Lovecraft Country to this role, he might even top D'nofrio
« Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 02:51:21 PM by lonestar »

Offline jammindude

« Reply #899 on: July 24, 2022, 03:53:55 PM »
Ya, the two Avengers titles and the deeper multiverse story have me completely thrilled.

I totally get that, on the whole, phase 4 has been a bit of a letdown. But like some have pointed out, I’m looking “big picture” at 1) how they set up the first big baddie and all the flaws they had along the way back then, and 2) how they seem to be trying to go for an even bigger 2-peat by dialing it back a bit at the start.

This is all going somewhere very big.

I mean, think about the people who bailed after 2-3 episodes of WandaVision and missed out on the amazing payoff. This is the same concept on a multi-movie scale instead of a multi-episode scale. This is like a fantastic prog-rock epic, and we’re just getting to the end of the INTRO.

I think it’s going to be amazing. And what’s more, I think the drop off in quality may have even been an intentional “long game” play. It’s hard to “ramp up” from an 8. But much easier to ramp up from a 4 or a 2. (None of them have been that bad…I’m just illustrating a point)

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #900 on: July 24, 2022, 04:55:34 PM »
It seems a trailer for Ant Man was leaked. Haven't seen it, won't post a link (being a leak and all) but it is on YouTube.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #901 on: July 24, 2022, 05:17:13 PM »
It seems a trailer for Ant Man was leaked. Haven't seen it, won't post a link (being a leak and all) but it is on YouTube.

Finally... Unfortunately the one I saw was from the worst possible angle. Hopefully a clearer one shows up, supposedly Modok is in there somewhere

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #902 on: July 24, 2022, 05:53:05 PM »
Yeah, hopefully it's a Spiderman situation where the official trailer is released in a few weeks. But given the movie doesn't come out until next year, I wouldn't be surprised if it's released in Sept or Oct

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #903 on: July 24, 2022, 06:05:44 PM »
I'd guess the first official one will be at D23

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #904 on: July 25, 2022, 01:17:56 PM »
That is a ton of new stuff coming over the next few years. I'm excited to see where it goes, but t also looks a little overwhelming. I honestly think I'd be fine if the MCU took a year off after the next two Avengers films.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #905 on: July 25, 2022, 01:49:01 PM »
That is a ton of new stuff coming over the next few years. I'm excited to see where it goes, but t also looks a little overwhelming. I honestly think I'd be fine if the MCU took a year off after the next two Avengers films.
To be fair, I think that they are still trying to catch up to their original scheduled that was pushed back because of Covid. But you are right, it is a ton of stuff, 8 per year basically.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #906 on: July 25, 2022, 01:53:29 PM »
I've heard this sentiment before, but I don't understand it.

If the quality stays at the same general level, then it doesn't matter how much content they release.  Give me more.

Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #907 on: July 25, 2022, 03:19:40 PM »
I don't think people remember that we had 4 origin movies before the first Avengers movie. And it was only then we saw a glimpse of Thanos, and it wasn't until several more years where he would be a main villain. I'm not a patient person, but it doesn't bother me that they are starting all over again with new characters and a new villain. We saw a version of Kang, but we'll see the real conqueror in Ant Man 3. We also have Blade, which will certainly have Dracula and introduce a whole new world for Marvel. We haven't seen anything yet.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #908 on: July 25, 2022, 04:31:49 PM »

If the quality stays at the same general level, then it doesn't matter how much content they release.  Give me more.

The quality hasn't stayed at the same level though. There has been a noticeable drop in quality in phase 4. We also went from a couple movies a year to 6+ movies and shows. I enjoy MCU movies and shows a lot, but it's getting to be a lot. And unfortunately  you can't just skip a show or movie here or there. You kind of have to watch all of it to get the full effect.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #909 on: July 25, 2022, 06:16:21 PM »

The quality hasn't stayed at the same level though. There has been a noticeable drop in quality in phase 4. We also went from a couple movies a year to 6+ movies and shows. I enjoy MCU movies and shows a lot, but it's getting to be a lot. And unfortunately  you can't just skip a show or movie here or there. You kind of have to watch all of it to get the full effect.

Yeah, exactly.  I agree with Hef in principle.  More is more!  But it's the "if the quality says at the same general level" part that is the sticking point.  So far, it hasn't been close.  That is the issue.