Author Topic: Marvel Cinematic Universe thread v3 (no recent spoilers)  (Read 70903 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe thread v3 (no recent spoilers)
« Reply #980 on: August 05, 2022, 09:29:55 AM »
I never read the comics for The Eternals.  I should get on that.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #981 on: August 05, 2022, 11:01:15 AM »
I honestly liked The Eternals.  I think I was just ready for new characters like Shang-Chi and The Eternals.

... Sadly the movie was just such a let down. The characters had ... almost no personality other than the Kingo. And the deviants were turned from a legit interesting species to one of the most boring and cliche marvel villains we’ve ever seen. It had good moments, and I’m hoping the rewatch hits different.

I cut out the parts of your post referring to the comics, because I never read the comics and can't/don't make any comparisons to them.  But otherwise, I agree with every word.  The above sums up a lot (but not all) of what I hated about the film. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #982 on: August 06, 2022, 10:27:14 AM »
So on second viewing, Eternals was.........not good.

There things I really liked, so I'll start with those.

1) The visuals were really incredible. Maybe not the dumb CGI dinosaur animals, but the rest of the movie was visually fantastic.
2) Kingo was a great character that got short changed. He had the funniest moments, obviously, but also a really interesting position at the end. He agreed with Ikarus but wouldn't fight any of his friends, so he left. While the execution of that was not very good, the idea was and I wish it got explored more deeply.
3) I liked Gilgamesh a lot more this time around. Had a lot of heart, but he was just not in the movie for very much. So while I enjoyed him, I wish we got more of him.
4) John Snow. Just did a good job with what little was given to him.

What I didn't like (not complete list, just off the top of my head)

1) A counterpoint to the John Snow thing.....when JOHN FREAKING SNOW has more charisma than most of your heroes, then something is terribly wrong. Kingo had a lot of character. Gilgamesh had some (but wasn't around long enough) and Sprite/Irish dude had a little, but the rest were just sad mopey people. Ikarus had no character at all and was just so boring to watch. Even Gemma Chan, who is a very lovely and charismatic actress, felt like she was dead inside the whole movie. Then you had freakin Angelina Jolie and Salma Hayak. Two A list actors and what do they bring to the roles? Not a god damn thing. Both could have been played by mannequins and I doubt it would've mattered much. It was just not pleasant watching almost any of the main characters except for Kingo and his valet, and sometimes Gilgamesh. Ugh. What a waste of talent.
2) Making Eternals robots was just dumb. It didn't add anything, and it made us care about them even less than I did before.
3) THE GOD DAMN DEVIANTS. Ugh. I won't say a lot here cause I've already said it, but how invested can we possibly be in villains that are mindless CGI animals until the last act and then have one guy who has no personality? I just didn't care. I couldn't care. The deviants are supposed to be horribly looking monsters that are very smart and civilized in their own way, not dinosaur animal things. I just hated everything about the Deviants so much.
4) The script. This encompasses a lot of other problems, such as the overall story, the pacing, the dialogue, the motivations, the...everything. It was just a very bad script. I could spend hours discussing all of the ways this script was terrible, but lord Cage was it bad. I hope to all that is Hef that the sequel has a MUCH better script. And it might! You never know.

But yea, overall? Not a great movie. Not even a good movie. Just a real slog with some good ideas thrown in. I hope whatever survives of this movie gets some redemption because we all deserve that.

Next up is Spider-Man: No Way Home. I'm actually nervous to rewatch this. I watched it one time, thus far, opening night at the TLC Chinese Theater in LA. The atmosphere was so immense and the hype was so huge that I worry a rewatch on my TV will be a let down. But I hope not!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #983 on: August 06, 2022, 12:26:42 PM »
My big problem with No Way Home was the premise itself.  No way Strange is that careless with something that could have such far reaching effects for such a dumb reason.  The premise of the film should have been something like:  Peter first comes to strange just to ask for general help, just as an older mentor, because he doesn't know where else to turn since Stark is gone.  While he is there, the situation escalates and there is rioting, etc., over Peter's situation combined with people just feeling frustrated with heroes because of the blip, etc., and people's fear and frustration starts boiling over into hatred and anger toward powered people in general.  As a result, Strange and Wong both agree that, for the general good, something has to be done, starting with maybe wiping memories of everyone about Peter's identity.  The spell NORMALLY shouldn't have any sort of multiversal effect, so there is little concern, other than the ethical concern of manipulating others' minds, but they determine that that is "the only way" (Strange's personal theme).  BUT, due to events in Loki/WandaVision (which can just be vaguely alluded to), the multiverse has been cracked, which causes the bleed over/incursion by the villains and variants.

That, to me, would make a LOT more sense, have much more connective tissue, and not have me thinking throughout the entire film, "This is really fun, but...none of this should even be happening right now because there is no way these people are this dumb to have let it happen in the first place."

That change along would take it from a really good but severely flawed movie to one that is on par with anything Marvel has done and is just about perfect.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Adami

« Reply #984 on: August 06, 2022, 02:46:44 PM »
I'll totally agree that the inciting event was pretty bad. I'm sure everyone but Stadler could come up with a much better way of achieving the same goal.

That said, it's a flaw I can mostly look past since the rest of the movie is (to my memory) so good, and I know COVID had a huge impact on the movie since Strange was supposed to come out first and everything. So I'll chalk it up to unexpected problems that had to quickly be resolved. Not an excuse, but at least it's understandable.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #985 on: August 06, 2022, 05:21:10 PM »
They do make Strangecas extremely cock like ge was as a surgeon so it's not out of the realm that he's cocky eith his powers.   Though, we know the comic versions.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online Adami

« Reply #986 on: August 06, 2022, 05:22:11 PM »
They do make Strangecas extremely cock like ge was as a surgeon so it's not out of the realm that he's cocky eith his powers.   Though, we know the comic versions.

You've outdone yourself with that one.

I do think "Strangecas extremely cock" is gonna be a gem.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jammindude

« Reply #987 on: August 06, 2022, 05:36:41 PM »

You've outdone yourself with that one.

I do think "Strangecas extremely cock" is gonna be a gem.

:rollin :rollin :rollin
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #988 on: August 06, 2022, 06:02:47 PM »
Holy shit. I'm not even drunk.  :lol

Strange is cocky as a doctor so it seems reasonable that he's cocky as a wizard.

Though the comics don't portray him like that.

Proof reading does help! :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #989 on: August 06, 2022, 06:05:03 PM »
I know demand you bow before calling me Strangecas extremely cock.  Seems reasonable to me.  :lol

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #990 on: August 06, 2022, 06:12:09 PM »
I know demand you bow before calling me Strangecas extremely cock.  Seems reasonable to me.  :lol

You know demand? How much demand is there? Hopefully supply can meet!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #991 on: August 06, 2022, 06:20:54 PM »
Or in the case of Stragecas extremely cock, I think "hopefully supply can meat" is more appropriate.  Or so I assume.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #992 on: August 06, 2022, 06:28:05 PM »

You know demand? How much demand is there? Hopefully supply can meet!

-Marc.

Now, know. You know that I now demand ..

Oh shit. Lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #993 on: August 06, 2022, 06:28:28 PM »
Or in the case of Stragecas extremely cock, I think "hopefully supply can meat" is more appropriate.  Or so I assume.

It's understood.

Online Adami

« Reply #994 on: August 06, 2022, 06:30:35 PM »
I feel like that between No Way Home and Multiverse of Madness, the MCU has kind of lost the plot on Dr. Strange. They don't seem to really know what to do with him or who he is. He seems to mostly just react to stuff and mess things up. I've personally lost track of what he's trying to do as a character and what he's all about.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #995 on: August 06, 2022, 06:49:14 PM »
Yeah… his actions make him seem almost as much as a bumbling oaf as Thor. But Strwnge still thinks he’s the smartest man in the room at all times.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #996 on: August 07, 2022, 12:43:00 AM »
A lot of MCU output since A Long Way From Home feels a bit arbitrary and "Why not? That'll do." to me. Except Wanda, Loki and Hawkeye, possibly.

Looking forward to GOTG3 and interested in She Hulk but hopes aren't very high.

It doesn't feel like a problem with the actors.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 01:02:49 AM by DoctorAction »
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #997 on: August 07, 2022, 02:14:44 AM »
So on second viewing, Eternals was.........not good.

There things I really liked, so I'll start with those.

1) The visuals were really incredible. Maybe not the dumb CGI dinosaur animals, but the rest of the movie was visually fantastic.
2) Kingo was a great character that got short changed. He had the funniest moments, obviously, but also a really interesting position at the end. He agreed with Ikarus but wouldn't fight any of his friends, so he left. While the execution of that was not very good, the idea was and I wish it got explored more deeply.
3) I liked Gilgamesh a lot more this time around. Had a lot of heart, but he was just not in the movie for very much. So while I enjoyed him, I wish we got more of him.
4) John Snow. Just did a good job with what little was given to him.

What I didn't like (not complete list, just off the top of my head)

1) A counterpoint to the John Snow thing.....when JOHN FREAKING SNOW has more charisma than most of your heroes, then something is terribly wrong. Kingo had a lot of character. Gilgamesh had some (but wasn't around long enough) and Sprite/Irish dude had a little, but the rest were just sad mopey people. Ikarus had no character at all and was just so boring to watch. Even Gemma Chan, who is a very lovely and charismatic actress, felt like she was dead inside the whole movie. Then you had freakin Angelina Jolie and Salma Hayak. Two A list actors and what do they bring to the roles? Not a god damn thing. Both could have been played by mannequins and I doubt it would've mattered much. It was just not pleasant watching almost any of the main characters except for Kingo and his valet, and sometimes Gilgamesh. Ugh. What a waste of talent.
2) Making Eternals robots was just dumb. It didn't add anything, and it made us care about them even less than I did before.
3) THE GOD DAMN DEVIANTS. Ugh. I won't say a lot here cause I've already said it, but how invested can we possibly be in villains that are mindless CGI animals until the last act and then have one guy who has no personality? I just didn't care. I couldn't care. The deviants are supposed to be horribly looking monsters that are very smart and civilized in their own way, not dinosaur animal things. I just hated everything about the Deviants so much.
4) The script. This encompasses a lot of other problems, such as the overall story, the pacing, the dialogue, the motivations, the...everything. It was just a very bad script. I could spend hours discussing all of the ways this script was terrible, but lord Cage was it bad. I hope to all that is Hef that the sequel has a MUCH better script. And it might! You never know.

But yea, overall? Not a great movie. Not even a good movie. Just a real slog with some good ideas thrown in. I hope whatever survives of this movie gets some redemption because we all deserve that.

Next up is Spider-Man: No Way Home. I'm actually nervous to rewatch this. I watched it one time, thus far, opening night at the TLC Chinese Theater in LA. The atmosphere was so immense and the hype was so huge that I worry a rewatch on my TV will be a let down. But I hope not!

Pretty much sums it up.  I'd just add as someone whose never read the comics I didn't really understand some of these characters powers - Gemma Chan's character for example - something to do with water...

I honestly think Marvel should completely ditch The Eternals now, certainly from the MCU anyway.

Online Adami

« Reply #998 on: August 08, 2022, 04:27:49 PM »
@Soupbrah, Gemma Chan's power was changing matter (though she didn't think she could do it to living matter until the end). So she can touch a couch and turn it into water, or sand, or flowers, or whatever she wants.

Anywho, last night was No Way Home. As I said before, I was nervous watching it at home alone a second time would not live up to the hype. I was wrong!

Sure, I didn't get up and cheer or anything, and the few BIG scenes without an audience applause felt a bit odd, but that was about it. I'm not going to give a full review of the movie, since we've all seen it (I assume) and have discussed it already.

But I really love this movie. The inciting incident didn't bug me as much this time around, even if it is dumb, but the resolution bugged me a bit more. Just felt like there could have been a much better way around this. Like maybe right after the whole deal go tell Dr. Strange everything? I dunno. That said, his decision to not tell MJ and Ned his identity was well done.

But yea, the movie is just great. Sure there's a few things I'd change (other than the above mentioned) but I also know COVID had a big impact. I would've liked to see Flint in his human form and not just a scene from SpiderMan 3 reused at the end, and the same for Lizard. But such is life. The movie is just so well done. The pacing is great, the plot (if you can buy into it) is well done, the character work is fantastic, and the characters all have important arcs and growth. That's the thing I really missed from MoM and Thor4. The characters all started and ended the movie in a different place, while in those movies it doesn't feel like they did, other than circumstance changing.

Tonight is MoM. Not terribly pumped, but hopefully now that I know how it will go, I will expect what it is and maybe that will help me enjoy it more? I dunno. We'll see.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #999 on: August 09, 2022, 07:44:16 AM »
@Soupbrah, Gemma Chan's power was changing matter (though she didn't think she could do it to living matter until the end). So she can touch a couch and turn it into water, or sand, or flowers, or whatever she wants.

Anywho, last night was No Way Home. As I said before, I was nervous watching it at home alone a second time would not live up to the hype. I was wrong!

Sure, I didn't get up and cheer or anything, and the few BIG scenes without an audience applause felt a bit odd, but that was about it. I'm not going to give a full review of the movie, since we've all seen it (I assume) and have discussed it already.

But I really love this movie. The inciting incident didn't bug me as much this time around, even if it is dumb, but the resolution bugged me a bit more. Just felt like there could have been a much better way around this. Like maybe right after the whole deal go tell Dr. Strange everything? I dunno. That said, his decision to not tell MJ and Ned his identity was well done.

But yea, the movie is just great. Sure there's a few things I'd change (other than the above mentioned) but I also know COVID had a big impact. I would've liked to see Flint in his human form and not just a scene from SpiderMan 3 reused at the end, and the same for Lizard. But such is life. The movie is just so well done. The pacing is great, the plot (if you can buy into it) is well done, the character work is fantastic, and the characters all have important arcs and growth. That's the thing I really missed from MoM and Thor4. The characters all started and ended the movie in a different place, while in those movies it doesn't feel like they did, other than circumstance changing.

Tonight is MoM. Not terribly pumped, but hopefully now that I know how it will go, I will expect what it is and maybe that will help me enjoy it more? I dunno. We'll see.

What caught me by surprise during my second watch was how great the movie is from the point they go to Happy's apartment with all 5 villains, until Aunt May dies. Also, how emotional it is when all 3 Spiderman meet. Overall great movie.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online Adami

« Reply #1000 on: August 09, 2022, 08:23:56 AM »
So last night was my rewatch of Multiverse of Madness.

Yea...it's...not good. And I think it's the most frustrating MCU movie for me. I actually might consider this the most unintentionally dumb MCU movie ever (though I can stand to be corrected). Other MCU movies have been worse, or more boring, or whatever, and some (like Love and Thunder) are much much dumber, but intentionally so.

But this movie? It has so many amazing ideas and moments sprinkled throughout. So let's start with those, off the top of my head.

1) America Chavez is just super likeable. While there isn't really much to her character, her powers are inventive and unique, and the actress portraying her is doing a fantastic job and is oozing charisma. I'd love to see her and Ms. Marvel team up.
2) The entire intro until he goes to see Wanda is actually well done and a lot of fun. It has some good character set up (which was sadly ignored until the end) and really gave us the only look into where Dr. Strange is as a character. Plus the action was well done (even if the monsters themselves were meh) and the humor was on point.
3) The 10 second multiverse scene really should've been most of the movie, but it was a great 10 seconds.
4) Aspects of the Illuminati were cool. Loved seeing Captain Carter, the return of Black Bolt (not his demise, that's on the next list), obviously neat seeing Charles, and I loved the idea of how they handled Captain Marvel.
5) Elizabeth Olson is just so god damn good. While I did not like what they did with her character, she still brought her A game and sold a bad character insanely well.
6) Other really cool moments like the cloak of demons, the music fight, etc. all great
7) WONG!

Now....there's probably more, but that's all I can really come up with that isn't a tiny aspect. However, the movie is just a huge mess.

1) The script is bad. It's just bad,. Not 100% of it, by any stretch, but enough that I consider it (as I said above) the unintentionally dumbest MCU movie to date.
2) Wanda's turn from 1-11 all happened off screen. Can I buy that Wanda was corrupted by the Dark Hold and turned her into a villain? Sure. In abstract. But from a story telling perspective, it's poorly done. The last time we see Wanda, she sacrificed her happy life and children because she was healing from her trauma and better able to accept reality, as harsh as it was for her. Then blah blah happens off screen and she's willing to murder ANYONE in the most brutal fashion, and torture people, to get her kids back. Not buying it. Maybe if they had shown that development over the course of a few movies/shows? But not like this.
3) There's a scene where she takes control of America and can control her portals...............JUST DO THAT! If you so desperately want to go to a universe where you have kids (and I guess plan on killing that Wanda, or better yet, finding one where they lost their mom) then just briefly take control of America, open up that portal, and move on through. But no, she has to go full Hitler mode.
4) Dr. Strange just has no real arc or growth other than the bookend. Starts off with "are you happy?" and then ignores it the whole movie, and then ends with "...maybe?" I dunno. It wasn't super clear. He was mostly just present for the movie, not doing a ton.
5) The humor during the Illuminati scene was just poorly done. No way is Strange THAT jokey in that moment.
6) No way the Illuminati is THAT dumb and arrogant. "Oh we can handle your little witch" Oh? Can you? Not even to mention how they all died. But the dumbest? Tie between Mordo and Reed. Reed's stupidity has been discussed, but Mordo? He's gonna sit there and wait till the dead people return to cast their vote? REALLY?!? He's going to put his (newly found) hatred of Strange above all? ALSO THE DUDE CAN"T GET OUT OF THAT LITTLE PIT?!?
7) Yea, the Illuminati stuff was just me rolling my eyes for for 5-10 minutes straight. I've just never seen such a colossal train wreck in the MCU to my memory. All that potential. Wasted.

Eh, I mean that list can go on and on. America's tragedy is a bee sting? There's a god damn exposition company to show us the necessary memories for free while talking about how they charge? The chick who stabbed the dark hold couldn't stab a vulnerable and incapacitated Wanda instead? The Dark hold is a copy and though no one can possibly go there, Wong just kind of goes there no problem? Eh, it's annoying me just thinking about it.

I loved the directing, the acting, etc. But the god damn writing. I retract my statement that editing would've helped. They needed 2-3 re-writes by better writers. The movie just lacked focus or had any idea what it wanted to be and felt like it was in a hurry to end itself.

Ugh.

Well since Thor 4 isn't on streaming/DVD yet, that concludes my phase 4 movie rewatch for now. Half good (Spider-Man and Shang Chi), a quarter bad/boring (Eternals) and a quarter dumb as all hell (MoM).

I have high hopes for Wakanda Forever though. So much so that I'm making sure my fiancée go see it a few days before our wedding, despite all the work we need to do.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1001 on: August 09, 2022, 08:30:58 AM »
Are you planning on seeing it out here? I'd love to watch your disappointment in real time... :lol

Online Adami

« Reply #1002 on: August 09, 2022, 08:32:08 AM »
Are you planning on seeing it out here? I'd love to watch your disappointment in real time... :lol

I'll be staying in San Jose, so probably out there? Why would I be disappointed? I mean, it's possible, but I really hope not. The trailer looked great, and everyone involved seems to be bringing their A game to honor Chadwick.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1003 on: August 09, 2022, 08:35:18 AM »

I'll be staying in San Jose, so probably out there? Why would I be disappointed? I mean, it's possible, but I really hope not. The trailer looked great, and everyone involved seems to be bringing their A game to honor Chadwick.

I'm just messing with you, I honestly have very high hopes for this one, and agree that nothing will be left on the table... We might be able to manage to see it together, my commute can take me through SJ. We can talk as it gets closer.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1004 on: August 09, 2022, 08:39:08 AM »
I have high hopes for Wakanda Forever though. So much so that I'm making sure my fiancée go see it a few days before our wedding, despite all the work we need to do.

While I did not like the first BP, I also have high hopes for this one.

Also, congrats!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1005 on: August 09, 2022, 09:57:45 AM »
I basically agree with most of what Adami wrote for Strange2.  Not sure yet what to think about BP2.  I thought the first one was "just good."  But notwithstanding that and the precipitous drop in quality in phase 4, the trailer has me pretty hyped about the next one. 

Online Adami

« Reply #1006 on: August 09, 2022, 10:29:13 AM »
:D

I'm just messing with you, I honestly have very high hopes for this one, and agree that nothing will be left on the table... We might be able to manage to see it together, my commute can take me through SJ. We can talk as it gets closer.

That would be cool! We’ll figure it out.   :D
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1007 on: August 09, 2022, 11:13:42 AM »
SJ isn't close, but is a lot more manageable than other places you have been.  I would love to meet up and go with you guys if you like, and if I can make it work.

Online Adami

« Reply #1008 on: August 09, 2022, 11:16:14 AM »
That would be awesome!

I should warn, since I will have a lot going on, I’m going to have to get the tickets to completely revolve around my schedule since I won’t have a ton of flexibility. So if you’re both or either one able to join, tickets are on me.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1009 on: August 09, 2022, 11:21:52 AM »
That would be awesome!

I should warn, since I will have a lot going on, I’m going to have to get the tickets to completely revolve around my schedule since I won’t have a ton of flexibility. So if you’re both or either one able to join, tickets are on me.

Completely understood about the schedule.  Do what you need to do and I will do what I can to make it work, if at all possible. 

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1010 on: August 09, 2022, 11:41:55 AM »
Works for me, I can do any show after 5pm Thurs or Fri.

Online Dream Team

« Reply #1011 on: August 09, 2022, 04:16:56 PM »
Re: Adami’s great write up on MoM. Spot on. I can’t stand plot holes you can drive a truck through and they’re just more common now. 95% of the time, it’s the writing that fails these flicks as you certainly can’t fault the visuals or acting (especially Lizzie of course who is freakin sensational). Feige needs to start holding the writers to a higher standard or slow down on the number of projects he’s trying to churn out every year.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1012 on: August 11, 2022, 06:54:20 AM »
Did anyone check out I Am Groot?

5 episodes, all around 3 minutes or so. I wonder how it will tie into the multiverse.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1013 on: September 10, 2022, 01:16:07 PM »
https://youtu.be/bLEFqhS5WmI

First look at the special Werewolf By Night, coming October 7th!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online Adami

« Reply #1014 on: September 10, 2022, 01:17:25 PM »
https://youtu.be/bLEFqhS5WmI

First look at the special Werewolf By Night, coming October 7th!

-Marc.

Yea. Can't say I dug that. Though I'm not a horror person and have no connection to classic horror aesthetics at all.
fanticide.bandcamp.com