Author Topic: The Cannabis Thread v. Let's behave  (Read 30441 times)

Offline frogprog

Re: The Cannabis Thread v. Let's behave
« Reply #245 on: October 13, 2022, 06:33:45 AM »
 :smiley:

Offline Awaken

« Reply #246 on: October 15, 2022, 06:36:49 AM »

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #247 on: October 15, 2022, 07:02:51 AM »
Typically I just listen to music or meditate when high, but the other day I watched an episode of Rick and Morty. Holy shit, woah that was a ride  :lol

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #249 on: November 09, 2022, 07:37:18 AM »
So if I am getting my numbers right it looks like

Maryland and Missouri voted to legalize

and North and south dekota as well as arkansas voted to not to legalize

**Also, on a separate note, still waiting for them to make a final call on the vote count in Colorado on legalizing psilocybin as well as the setting up of psychedelic therapy clinics as Oregon is doing.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 07:42:29 AM by Phoenix87x »

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #250 on: November 09, 2022, 11:01:09 AM »
So if I am getting my numbers right it looks like

Maryland and Missouri voted to legalize

and North and south dekota as well as arkansas voted to not to legalize

**Also, on a separate note, still waiting for them to make a final call on the vote count in Colorado on legalizing psilocybin as well as the setting up of psychedelic therapy clinics as Oregon is doing.

We've just had this happen up here in Alberta, Canada. Doesn't sound like they're going to allow psilocybin to be sold in dispensaries like cannabis, but allowing it for therapy purposes is a step in the right direction

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #251 on: November 10, 2022, 04:59:43 AM »

We've just had this happen up here in Alberta, Canada. Doesn't sound like they're going to allow psilocybin to be sold in dispensaries like cannabis, but allowing it for therapy purposes is a step in the right direction

Oh I totally agree. The healing potential is incredible

And it passed in Colorado

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/colorado-voters-approve-psychedelics-legalization-ballot-initiative/

"Possession, use, cultivation and sharing of psilocybin, ibogaine, mescaline (not derived from peyote), DMT and psilocyn will be legalized for adults 21 and older, without an explicit possession limit"

I would say that's pretty huge. First state in the country to legalize for personal use (outside of a formal clinic).
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 05:27:33 AM by Phoenix87x »

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #252 on: November 10, 2022, 07:10:31 AM »
Missouri passed recreational Marijuana use as well.....decriminalization etc etc.

My company just sent out an email saying they're re-writing the policy now but it'll still be treated as any other substance that alters impairment and affects safety. (I work for a large construction contractor)
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #253 on: November 10, 2022, 07:30:47 AM »
Missouri passed recreational Marijuana use as well.....decriminalization etc etc.

My company just sent out an email saying they're re-writing the policy now but it'll still be treated as any other substance that alters impairment and affects safety. (I work for a large construction contractor)

Same with my employer back in 2017, but they already had the revamped drug and alcohol policy ready to go on day 1. Day after it was legalized there were posters and communications everywhere in our buildings reminding folks that it's no different than before (i.e. you can't be on drugs or alcohol at work). Almost sad that you  need to remind people not to be intoxicated at work.

Interesting that our safety numbers continued a downward trend post-legalization signaling that legalization likely didn't have an impact on safety at our org. Oddly, the pandemic caused a noticeable increase in recordable safety incidents.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #254 on: November 10, 2022, 07:53:43 AM »
My company never put a formal policy in place outside of a general "don't be intoxicated at work" (which I totally agree with)

I've never seen a random drug test happen but if they did do one, I am guessing if you have a card then it will fly that you can use off hours. But no medical card is termination as my state is only medical.

Its just annoying that it stays in your system days afterward, despite being totally sober and on point. And someone can lose an entire career for something they did at home days prior.

I would never be "high" at work, but I would argue that the calmness of an afterglow makes me a better employee and overall human being, but oh well.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 08:03:00 AM by Phoenix87x »

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #255 on: November 10, 2022, 08:14:21 AM »
My company never put a formal policy in place outside of a general "don't be intoxicated at work" (which I totally agree with)

I've never seen a random drug test happen but if they did do one, I am guessing if you have a card then it will fly that you can use off hours. But no medical card is termination as my state is only medical.

Its just annoying that it stays in your system days afterward, despite being totally sober and on point. And someone can lose an entire career for something they did at home days prior.

I would never be "high" at work, but I would argue that the calmness of an afterglow makes me a better employee and overall human being, but oh well.

Last time I was job hunting, I had to take a break in order to pass a piss test. I bought a dozen home test kits. It took just shy of TWO MONTHS for the tests to show negative.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #256 on: November 10, 2022, 08:31:26 AM »

Last time I was job hunting, I had to take a break in order to pass a piss test. I bought a dozen home test kits. It took just shy of TWO MONTHS for the tests to show negative.

I did this before, I recall it taking a few weeks.  But I'm fatter and smoke more now so I wouldn't be surprised if it's much longer for me now.  One thing I did to speed up the process was drink a shit ton of water and work out.

Luckily, no one cares or had cared at my current job and even when we've gone through a couple acquisitions now it hasn't been even talked about making people take a drug test.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #257 on: November 10, 2022, 08:43:51 AM »

I did this before, I recall it taking a few weeks. But I'm fatter and smoke more now so I wouldn't be surprised if it's much longer for me now. One thing I did to speed up the process was drink a shit ton of water and work out.

Luckily, no one cares or had cared at my current job and even when we've gone through a couple acquisitions now it hasn't been even talked about making people take a drug test.

You calling me fat?

:heart

I remember getting up early and just drinking an ungodly amount of water in an attempt to dilute my piss as much as possible.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #258 on: November 10, 2022, 08:48:09 AM »
 :lol nope, and I'm definitely fatter than you unless you put on 30 since the DT concert

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #259 on: November 10, 2022, 09:15:46 AM »
That's probably more weed than I've smoked in my entire life  :lol

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #260 on: November 10, 2022, 09:38:37 AM »

Holy shit, really?

Wow, that is crazy.

I use once a week. One couch lock edible dose and just that takes 5 days at least to clear.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #261 on: November 10, 2022, 10:06:03 AM »
I was able to clear my daily usage for a drug test in 10 days earlier this year. I was panicking so much.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #262 on: December 05, 2022, 09:50:46 AM »
So last weekend we made some more peanut butter cannabis cookies.  Using our knowledge from last time, but this time using fresh bud (not kief).  So A recipe I saw said to do equal amounts of butter and cannabis.  However, once I started measuring the cannibis, I thought, let's be safe and do a part butter, half part cannabis.  So I had purchased a full ounce to use for this project, but ended up using about half of it to fill up half of cup of the cannabis grinded.  The smell was amazing in my house for this  :lol baked the marijuana to decarb is for about 40 minutes at 250F, get it nice and brown.  Two sticks of butter and one cup of water in a small pot.  Once that was melted, dump the grinded baked plant into the pot and stir and simmer (never to boil) for about 3 hours.  Drained the butter through a paper towel to get all the plant matter out and into the fridge.  The nice green butter was then easy to seperate from the remaining watter.  Came out to a full cup as expected of butter.  And used that in a peanut butter cookie recipe.  Less than an hour later I consumed a full cookie and an hour or so after that, I was on another planet  :lol So it came out to 27 cookies and 1 cookie is too strong.  I ate half last night and was able to get a high, but not a strong one.  I think 3/4 cookie is my ideal serving.  I'm very happy with the results as I have a nice supply of edibles for now and it came out SOOOO much cheaper than edibles at a store.  I'd say one of my cookies is the equivalent of spending $30 at the dispensary on edibles. I also used low grade marijuana, basically the cheapest my dealer had so I didn't pay that much and still have half the bag of bud to make another batch.  :metal

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #263 on: December 05, 2022, 10:40:45 AM »
Nice work! I've never been successful making my own edibles,  but thankfully the site i use has nuclear powered chocolates i really enjoy.  Now that we get our bud for dirt cheap (i.e $400 per lb), i may try my hand at cookies again without fear of wasting good bud on a bad batch of butter.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #264 on: December 05, 2022, 10:46:03 AM »
Nice work! I've never been successful making my own edibles,  but thankfully the site i use has nuclear powered chocolates i really enjoy.  Now that we get our bud for dirt cheap (i.e $400 per lb), i may try my hand at cookies again without fear of wasting good bud on a bad batch of butter.

That was always my problem, I didn't want to experiment and waste precious bud. But now I feel pretty confident I can make a consistent butter after measuring things out and using a process that I know works.  I will definitely be cooking with that half bag I have left over at some point.  I think, if I can cut down my smoking part, I will be much better off and the biggest obstacle for that has historically been the price of edibles. Also, the edible high is soooo much fun for me.  A night on the couch watching tv with my girl on edibles is basically the funnest thing I can do without leaving my house. I laughed for so long and so hard on Saturday night.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #265 on: December 05, 2022, 11:03:20 AM »
Victoria just got me this for my birthday. I've made two batches in it so far. It's the shit!

https://magicalbutter.com/products/magicalbutter

Also, when you guys are making edibles, do you clarify your butter first? I've started doing that and it definitely makes a difference.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #266 on: December 05, 2022, 11:36:14 AM »
Victoria just got me this for my birthday. I've made two batches in it so far. It's the shit!

Also, when you guys are making edibles, do you clarify your butter first? I've started doing that and it definitely makes a difference.

My dealer has one of these and actually was trying to find it to lend it to me when I was last there, but couldn't find it.  It sounds cool and must make the process simpler, but I'm not sure I can justify it at that price just yet.  Maybe if I start doing this more and more, but the process is simple enough to do myself at this point....  I dont know what clarifying butter means.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #267 on: December 05, 2022, 12:22:06 PM »

My dealer has one of these and actually was trying to find it to lend it to me when I was last there, but couldn't find it.  It sounds cool and must make the process simpler, but I'm not sure I can justify it at that price just yet.  Maybe if I start doing this more and more, but the process is simple enough to do myself at this point....  I dont know what clarifying butter means.

You remove the milk solids from the butter as THC can't bind to it. When all is said and done, you have way more concentrated/potent butter.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #268 on: December 05, 2022, 12:27:53 PM »
Don't recall seeing that in my butter, but if it was liquid like, it got dumped after the butter solidified separating itself from the water.  I just checked a picture I had too, it don't really see anything that looks like that.  Or maybe it got filtered out with the leaf particles before it solidified?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #269 on: December 05, 2022, 12:32:27 PM »
It's a separate process you do. You leave the butter on the stove on a low heat for a while and it all separates out. You scrape the solids away after letting it cool. Once the milk fat is removed, then you add your cannabis.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #270 on: December 05, 2022, 12:43:27 PM »
ahh yeah, definitely didnt do that nor notice it at that point in time. Looking at another picture I took, I can see it now in the melted butter before I put the plant in.  My cookies slap though, they don't need to be any more potent.  I think the fact that if I eat one and I'm on another planet is more than enough potency considering my tolerance. Wondering if it's even worth the effort.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #271 on: December 05, 2022, 04:10:32 PM »
Late to the thread but it’s legal in Illinois and usually I just do gummies. But I’ve been thinking at some point to be making some sort of baked good.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #272 on: December 05, 2022, 06:32:02 PM »
If you're too lazy for that process you can just buy ghee, it's butter with the solids already removed and is available in any store

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #273 on: December 07, 2022, 12:08:27 PM »
I've seen that before in the store and didn't know what it was, I could buy that next time.

Also, I just got an ad for the magic butter machine  :lol

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #274 on: January 09, 2023, 02:22:47 AM »
After taking a break from Mary Jane, all I'm gonna say is wow, oh wow have my dream become wildly vivid.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #275 on: January 09, 2023, 08:13:22 AM »
After taking a break from Mary Jane, all I'm gonna say is wow, oh wow have my dream become wildly vivid.

I heard about this before.  It would also explain why I hardly have dreams as marijuana I believe suppresses dreams.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #276 on: January 09, 2023, 08:19:35 AM »
Dreams prevent me from sleeping, so I love that aspect of cannabis. It does wonders for my sleep paralysis as well!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #277 on: January 23, 2023, 12:35:02 PM »
Had decent edible today and watched My neighbor totoro and part of Ghost in the shell. It was magical

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #278 on: January 23, 2023, 12:38:05 PM »
Nice, debating about having an edible tonight.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #279 on: January 23, 2023, 04:27:34 PM »
Nice, debating about having an edible tonight.

Yeah....I think I'm going to do a virgin edible...aka a cookie. :biggrin: