Author Topic: The Cannabis Thread v. Let's behave  (Read 25128 times)

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
Re: The Cannabis Thread v. Let's behave
« Reply #210 on: July 27, 2022, 10:17:24 AM »
That's interesting.  Not sure if I'd like the full body high.  Can't even remember if I've tried edibles before.  I'm so used to smoking it, edibles probably wouldn't do the trick.  It does sound like you have to be careful with the tinctures though.  I never smoke to get totally baked.  Just enough to get a really good high.  :biggrin:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #211 on: July 27, 2022, 10:25:04 AM »
One thing I will I will throw out there about the full body high. Its not an on or off kind of thing, its like a dimmer switch depending on the dose.

So if you have a low dose, it feels like you are sitting in a gentle message chair, or a cozy hot tub. And if you want to increase the effect you take a little more.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #212 on: July 27, 2022, 11:11:16 AM »
That's interesting.  Not sure if I'd like the full body high.  Can't even remember if I've tried edibles before.  I'm so used to smoking it, edibles probably wouldn't do the trick.  It does sound like you have to be careful with the tinctures though.  I never smoke to get totally baked.  Just enough to get a really good high.  :biggrin:

You should try edibles.  I love them.  They are just too expensive for me due to my tolerance levels.  But I still have about 8 of my home made cookies.  One of those puts me in a really good place for about 3 hours.  Perfect for watching TV/movies, but unlike smoking, it's not good for me to be productive or play competitive games because I just can't react quick on edibles or have the desire to do anything serious. 

I bought a "space cake" at the coffeeshop in Amsterdam.  It's very similar to an edible brownie.  I plan on trying that out this weekend and if it's good, I'll grab another one for my flight home.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #213 on: July 27, 2022, 01:54:49 PM »
Yeah, sometimes I feel that way if I take too big of a hit.  I just veg out in front of the TV until it wears off a little.  Can't do much of anything else.  :chill :hat
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #214 on: July 27, 2022, 02:05:03 PM »
Yeah, sometimes I feel that way if I take too big of a hit.  I just veg out in front of the TV until it wears off a little.  Can't do much of anything else.  :chill :hat
The only time I get couch-locked is with edibles, but I also get pretty manic. It actually is like a light switch for me, but with some ADD 5 year old asshole flipping it on and off all the time. At best I'm glued to the couch but really want to be doing stuff. At worst I alternate between sitting around and frantically cleaning the house in 15 minute increments. Either way I don't find it enjoyable at all. I stick with smoking, and occasionally vaping.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #215 on: July 27, 2022, 08:32:43 PM »
I only use edibles since I have asthma, and I basically use it like a quasi psychedelic to reflect and meditate. Sadly, I can be a pretty nasty person at baseline and I HATE that about myself. Weed lets me feel like normal person and the person I want to be. It completely chills me out 100%, slowing down and shifting my thought process so that I can work through issues. Its great for short term stuff that's bothering me, but weed does have its limitations for that purpose. 

Of course, actual psychedelics work a million times better, but weed is currently what I have legal and consistent access to, so that's what I work with. Times are shifting though and I am looking forward to the day where I can legally do psychedelic therapy close to where I live.   

In the meantime, Weed is fun as shit and gets me by, so that is nice.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 08:42:57 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #216 on: July 28, 2022, 01:08:43 PM »
I only use edibles since I have asthma, and I basically use it like a quasi psychedelic to reflect and meditate. Sadly, I can be a pretty nasty person at baseline and I HATE that about myself. Weed lets me feel like normal person and the person I want to be. It completely chills me out 100%, slowing down and shifting my thought process so that I can work through issues. Its great for short term stuff that's bothering me, but weed does have its limitations for that purpose. 

Of course, actual psychedelics work a million times better, but weed is currently what I have legal and consistent access to, so that's what I work with. Times are shifting though and I am looking forward to the day where I can legally do psychedelic therapy close to where I live.   

In the meantime, Weed is fun as shit and gets me by, so that is nice.

If you live close enough to OR, we will be opening up a place for therapy by end of year.   The state is still working on the rules and regulations for it, but we intend to be ready.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #217 on: July 28, 2022, 01:35:05 PM »
If you live close enough to OR, we will be opening up a place for therapy by end of year.   The state is still working on the rules and regulations for it, but we intend to be ready.

Thanks. I am really looking forward to that program to begin, and hope that it sets a precident for the rest of the country. I will definitely be visiting to check it out.

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #218 on: July 29, 2022, 01:22:13 PM »
I visited a cannabis store for the first time last week to buy some edibles to help with sleep issues. I took a 2mg edible, and while it made me drowsy I barely slept all night. That was likely due to the heat, so I will see how they affect me under normal sleeping conditions.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #219 on: July 29, 2022, 01:55:21 PM »
I visited a cannabis store for the first time last week to buy some edibles to help with sleep issues. I took a 2mg edible, and while it made me drowsy I barely slept all night. That was likely due to the heat, so I will see how they affect me under normal sleeping conditions.

2mg... Is that a typo? I take 50-100mg in a single go, and anything less than 50 doesn't even move the needle lol

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #220 on: July 29, 2022, 04:23:46 PM »
The only time I get couch-locked is with edibles, but I also get pretty manic. It actually is like a light switch for me, but with some ADD 5 year old asshole flipping it on and off all the time. At best I'm glued to the couch but really want to be doing stuff. At worst I alternate between sitting around and frantically cleaning the house in 15 minute increments. Either way I don't find it enjoyable at all. I stick with smoking, and occasionally vaping.

That sounds like a personality thing (A type?).  When I'm high, house chores are the last thing I wanna do. :lol  It's either video games, TV, music or anything else remotely entertaining.

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #221 on: July 30, 2022, 12:06:10 AM »

2mg... Is that a typo? I take 50-100mg in a single go, and anything less than 50 doesn't even move the needle lol

I know nothing about cannabis, but each edible contains 2mg of THC. The clerk recommended I go with that rather than the 5mg as it might be too much for my first sampling. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #222 on: July 30, 2022, 02:13:50 AM »

I know nothing about cannabis, but each edible contains 2mg of THC. The clerk recommended I go with that rather than the 5mg as it might be too much for my first sampling.

I think it's safe to start low like that, but 2mg might be too low if you didnt feel much.

That sounds like a personality thing (A type?).  When I'm high, house chores are the last thing I wanna do. :lol  It's either video games, TV, music or anything else remotely entertaining.

I do chores or even work high, but not with the edible high, that's veg time.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #224 on: August 04, 2022, 12:59:26 PM »
https://www.marijuanamoment.net/advocates-demand-biden-take-marijuana-action-after-brittney-griner-sentenced-to-nine-years-in-russian-prison-for-vapes/

9 years for weed. Damn

If the US is going to rescue her for a marijuana offense, it would make a lot of sense to look at our local prisoners and laws as well. 

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #225 on: August 04, 2022, 01:27:11 PM »

I think it's safe to start low like that, but 2mg might be too low if you didnt feel much.
I'm not sure the goal was to feel anything, but perhaps get a good night's sleep. They may have shot low specifically to get the sleepiness without the stonedness.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #226 on: August 04, 2022, 01:34:19 PM »

I'm not sure the goal was to feel anything, but perhaps get a good night's sleep. They may have shot low specifically to get the sleepiness without the stonedness.

Maybe, but it sounds like it didn't help with the sleep either so it still seems too low.  On a similar note, I ate my space cake before boarding my flight home from Amsterdam.  It did not get me high, but it made me very sleepy and I got some of the best in flight sleep I've had in awhile.  I feel like that dosing (which isn't advertised and the bud tenders there can't even tell you the mg dosage) was probably the perfect amount for me to do what Zoom is trying to do. 

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #227 on: August 04, 2022, 01:37:32 PM »
https://www.marijuanamoment.net/advocates-demand-biden-take-marijuana-action-after-brittney-griner-sentenced-to-nine-years-in-russian-prison-for-vapes/

9 years for weed. Damn
Let us not forget that this is not a criminal matter, but rather a diplomatic one. The charge and the penalty are really inconsequential. It's like Bart and the Aussies.

Also, it wasn't weed. It was hash oil and down here that's a felony even if you won't get busted for weed. More than a gram of concentrates bumps you into felony 3 territory, and if you don't plead down you're looking at 2-20.
E.F. Benson

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #228 on: August 04, 2022, 01:56:30 PM »
I read that she only had .7 in her cartridge and they still hit her with an intent to distribute charge.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #229 on: August 04, 2022, 03:15:03 PM »
I read that she only had .7 in her cartridge and they still hit her with an intent to distribute charge.
That's fucked up. That also happens here, though. And like I said, this isn't a criminal thing, even though she is caught up in it. It's a diplomatic thing.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #230 on: August 04, 2022, 04:12:54 PM »
That's fucked up. That also happens here, though. And like I said, this isn't a criminal thing, even though she is caught up in it. It's a diplomatic thing.

I have questions if she even was carrying the vape cart to begin with.  I just don't really trust the Russians, but totally agree that it's not really about the crime but about negotiating and politics in this case.  This may be political territory, but I'm just very iffy about this situation.  I don't think anyone should be jailed for marijuana and even in another country and if this was 100% true that she committed the crime, 9 years is certainly over board.  BUT I'm really not sure we should be giving up the arms dealer for her.  It just doesn't make much sense to me.  But I see this as an instance of the Russians out smarting America because it seems likely they will get what they want.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #231 on: August 06, 2022, 07:34:18 AM »

I have questions if she even was carrying the vape cart to begin with.  I just don't really trust the Russians, but totally agree that it's not really about the crime but about negotiating and politics in this case.  This may be political territory, but I'm just very iffy about this situation.  I don't think anyone should be jailed for marijuana and even in another country and if this was 100% true that she committed the crime, 9 years is certainly over board.  BUT I'm really not sure we should be giving up the arms dealer for her.  It just doesn't make much sense to me.  But I see this as an instance of the Russians out smarting America because it seems likely they will get what they want.

Sad but true. 

And they don't even realize it, but the identity politics lovers in this country who are yelling that she'd be home already if she weren't black, gay, or a woman are making it worse. Russia sees that and just makes them up the price in the exchange.  Even though she messed up by bringing that stuff to Russia, what is happening to Griner sucks and is very unfortunate, but you can already tell the way this is going to play out will be extraordinarily embarrassing for the U.S.

Moral of the story right now: if you are an American, don't go to Russia.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #232 on: August 08, 2022, 03:47:39 PM »
Getting caught oversees with most drugs is unadvisable.  In just about any country.  They can do whatever they want to you.

Anyway, on a more local note.  Just got my 1st 8th of dirt weed from the dispensary.  WTF?  Blueberry Cookies is usually pretty good.  This batch is like smoking parsley.  ???

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #233 on: August 31, 2022, 06:11:45 AM »
Here is a strain that's a hybrid of Gorilla Glue and Gelato. It's 85 days from seed and is by far going to be the largest yield from a single plant I've managed yet. I've been militant this time around - Keeping a weekly journal and sticking to water change and feeding schedules. My basement absolutely WREAKS!

I have another plant next to this one that's just Gelato. It's also huge, but not a monster like this.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #234 on: August 31, 2022, 06:40:03 AM »
As someone who hasn't partake since Dec 7,2010, that is one gorgeous fucking plant dude.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #235 on: August 31, 2022, 06:41:49 AM »
As someone who hasn't partake since Dec 7,2010, that is one gorgeous fucking plant dude.

2001 for me, but I agree. WOW!!!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #236 on: August 31, 2022, 07:04:24 AM »
Chino, when your weed company eventually goes public I definitely want to buy the first shares   :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #237 on: August 31, 2022, 08:06:35 AM »
Damn, that's a beauty

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #238 on: August 31, 2022, 08:39:40 AM »
Chino's inbox is full.
E.F. Benson

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #239 on: August 31, 2022, 08:43:45 AM »
No longer!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #240 on: August 31, 2022, 08:54:15 AM »
Chino's inbox is full.

Everyone placing orders?  :lol

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #241 on: August 31, 2022, 09:22:53 AM »
 :lol

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #242 on: October 07, 2022, 12:13:47 PM »
I chopped down two plants this week. This was hands down my most successful run to date.

That's just one of the two plants (the smaller of the two). The other plant came down 5 days later and has a bit more drying to do before I give it a final trim and jar it. That's 7.1oz of Gelato. Once the second plant (Gorilla Glue-Gelato) is jarred, I expect to clear a full pound. I wouldn't be surprised to see upwards of 18oz as a final total. We'll see though  :hat 

I have an ungodly amount of trim to process as well. I'm thinking I might finally try my hand at making hard candies.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #243 on: October 07, 2022, 12:31:00 PM »
That's awesome.  I'd be set for a very long time with that one tree.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #244 on: October 13, 2022, 03:10:40 AM »
1lb 1.8oz total!