Author Topic: The Cannabis Thread v. Let's behave  (Read 23309 times)

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
The Cannabis Thread v. Let's behave
« on: January 25, 2022, 12:08:57 PM »
I've debated starting this thread for a while now seeing as we've had an official beer thread for the better part of a decade. We've kind of had an unofficial cannabis chat as part of another thread in the PandR subforum for some time, and I think it's time to widen that discussion for others to join.

So use this thread to show off new pieces, discuss new strains you grew/purchased, ask questions, talk about new products, etc.. just don't do anything blatantly stupid like use the board as a means to arrange a transfer of goods.

As for any politics surrounding cannabis, there's already a thread here:
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=34612.0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll start.

This is my go-to piece and a recent harvest of White Widow. That bud is/was fresh off the drying hangers and hasn't had a chance to cure yet, so I won't know for another 18ish days how it came out. The mother plant all the clones came off was stellar, so I expect these jars to be the same (hopefully better as I improved my feeding schedule)

Anyone ever try one of these Dynavap things?

My buddy got one about a year ago and is still raving about it. I finally decided to pick one up and it came in the mail yesterday. I have to say, it's a pretty cool little device. It's a battery-less vaporizer - an evolution of the one-hitters I used to rip outside my college dorm building. I'm actually really impressed with it. I 3D printed an adapter to allow me to pull it through the pipe I posted above. It tastes sooo good.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 12:26:18 PM by Chino »

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: The Cannabis Thread v. Let's behave
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2022, 12:17:07 PM »
I am so happy you made this thread Chino. I was thinking about doing it myself for awhile now, but kudos for doing it.

I am very ready to celebrate this awesome plant.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2022, 12:25:56 PM »
How does that vape work if it's battery less?  I have a vape pen, not sure it uses the same cartiridges as that, but it's got a battery in it to charge.  Vape is great for discreet on the go use, but I never use it at home.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2022, 12:29:18 PM »
How does that vape work if it's battery less?  I have a vape pen, not sure it uses the same cartiridges as that, but it's got a battery in it to charge.  Vape is great for discreet on the go use, but I never use it at home.

You have dry bud in the tip which gets covered by a cap that you heat up with a lighter.

Here's a high-res illustration from the company's manual on how to use it.
https://external-preview.redd.it/Xa-bC8bp51g2sdveA5J5iklmNV-geEJZ422eXnEGTBw.jpg?auto=webp&s=061a07b8db6e54933c48a44029960785cd337c89

I am so happy you made this thread Chino. I was thinking about doing it myself for awhile now, but kudos for doing it.

I am very ready to celebrate this awesome plant.

Cheers  :hat

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2022, 01:20:51 PM »
Ahhh OK, that's like a legit vaporizer.  I've never used or seen one before, that's kind of cool.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2022, 01:41:48 PM »
There's a dispensary within walking distance of my house.  Don't think I have the patience to grow it myself.  Nice pics Chino!  :tup
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2022, 02:04:05 PM »
You kids these days and your fancy ass pot smoking...every stoner sounds like they got a PhD in weed without a care for those of us who paved the way for legality for you all. For every nugget of white widow or william's wonder, there was a stoner in the early 80s abusing his throat with stems and seeds that were laced in bricks of commercial Mexican brown weed. You got your fancy dispensaries within blocks of your house, yet there's zero appreciation for those of us who braved months or years in jail to progress that right. In the fall of 1987, on the steps of Sproul Plaza in Berkeley where the free speech movement was born, close to a thousand of us gathered to give the finger to the man and lit up in the first ever UC Berkeley marijuana smoke in (I was there, it was a blast).

So, each time you light up, give thanks to those who fought for your freedom to light up...

(just having fun, bud looks amazing Chino  :D )

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2022, 02:12:31 PM »
 :lol

but seriously, I respect the old school stoners who paved the way to making this legal and getting us to where we are today.

Don't think I have the patience to grow it myself.

Me niether.  If it were legal, maybe I'd throw some seeds out in the yard and see what happens, but to actually grow quality bud, I'm just not too interested.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2022, 02:18:04 PM »

but seriously, I respect the old school stoners who paved the way to making this legal and getting us to where we are today.

It's just not fair though, cause a lot of the weed really sucked back in the day.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2022, 02:23:25 PM »

It's just not fair though, cause a lot of the weed really sucked back in the day.

Well that's life though right?  A lot of shit used to suck compared to today.  But at least we are all here today to enjoy the advances in marijuana.  I'm not old enough to have smoked the stuff my parent's did, but I'm old enough to at least know the struggle of trying to secure some bud, any bud, and not knowing what exactly you got. 

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2022, 02:33:06 PM »

Well that's life though right?  A lot of shit used to suck compared to today.  But at least we are all here today to enjoy the advances in marijuana.  I'm not old enough to have smoked the stuff my parent's did, but I'm old enough to at least know the struggle of trying to secure some bud, any bud, and not knowing what exactly you got.

True.. Except now my ass is sober, haven't touched it in 12 years. If I took a hit of today's weed, it'd fucking kill me :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2022, 02:43:23 PM »

True.. Except now my ass is sober, haven't touched it in 12 years. If I took a hit of today's weed, it'd fucking kill me :lol

12 years?!  I've been 28 years.  Pink Floyd and my bachelor party in 1994. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2022, 02:44:13 PM »
Almost 22 years here, when I became a parent.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2022, 02:46:56 PM »
I haven't smoked weed in a bit but I eat a delta 8 edible almost nightly. It's been really nice to just wind down, get some great sleep and just take the edge off.

A little side story. I used to smoke all the time when I lived in Florida but when I moved to Charlotte 5 years ago I had no way of getting weed, I couldn't find a connection. Eventually I learned that you can just buy delta-8 bud and edibles. I ordered some and was skeptical so one night I took two 30mg gummies and took my dog out on our nightly walk. I thought these edibles were going to be a dud and I won't feel anything like when taking CBD.

Our walks are normally half an hour, towards the end of the walk I completely forgot how long we've been walking or how much I've looped around our neighborhood (we do 2 big loops). I then came home and sat down and was so high I couldn't move for hours. The thought of navigating the stairs to go to bed both frightened and confused me.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 02:55:56 PM by ReaperKK »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2022, 02:48:42 PM »
What I wouldn't have given to just go to the Weed Store when I was younger. No more driving into the projects saying 10 Hail Marys.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2022, 02:55:22 PM »
What I wouldn't have given to just go to the Weed Store when I was younger. No more driving into the projects saying 10 Hail Marys.

Seriously.  That dark light out door, the door slightly cracked open.  The mumbling, the money exchanged and getting to your car as your heart is racing. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2022, 02:56:36 PM »
I always hated buying weed in college because you buy it and they are like "lets roll a joint". No, I don't want to split the weed I just bought to smoke it with you.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2022, 02:58:28 PM »

We were just joking about this over the weekend, when my Dad took one hit like 5 years ago at my house.  That was his first time in like 30 years and that one hit had him completely out for the rest of the night  :lol so funny because he joked in front of all my friends that he could hang with us right before taking that one hit.

I always hated buying weed in college because you buy it and they are like "lets roll a joint". No, I don't want to split the weed I just bought to smoke it with you.

Hmm, I think every time I got offered to smoke after a purchase from my dealer it was always from his/her stash so I always would partake. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2022, 03:01:55 PM »
I would be just like your Dad Marc.  Now alcohol I'm all in but damn, one hit and I'd be ready for a nap.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2022, 03:05:09 PM »

Funny you say Pink Floyd...the last time I smoked was during this song, at this show...around the 30th row...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khhc0E9EVis&ab_channel=SonicDharma

Had no idea it'd be my last. I didn't smoke much in those days, was way too deep in my drinking, and it was 6 months later that I ditched everything.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2022, 08:35:21 PM »
So my love affair with weed started actually at age 32. Never touched it before, despite having opportunities.

I saw my state had medical marijuana and bam it was off to the races. Never liked drinking that much or smoking cigarettes, but MAN do I LOVE weed. We go together like peanut butter and jelly.

I rock sativa edibles strait from the dispensary. My dose usually goes between 5mg, 10mg, 15mg or 20mg depending on where my heads at. And usually I use only like twice a week. I never crave it and God its so good. Food tastes amazing, music sounds incredible (better then it ever did), my whole mindset slows down and gets SUPER introspective. Its like substance enhanced self therapy.

It feels so fucking good to be able to work on my issues and stuff that is bothering me and it works so well. I truly love it.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2022, 08:37:15 PM »
So my love affair with weed started actually at age 32. Never touched it before, despite having opportunities.

Haven't touched it since I was 32. :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2022, 09:02:21 PM »
I've often wondered if this would help with my anxiety, though relaxation has never been a problem. I never smoked weed. My vice came in a bottle.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2022, 09:17:54 PM »

I saw my state had medical marijuana and bam it was off to the races. Never liked drinking that much or smoking cigarettes, but MAN do I LOVE weed. We go together like peanut butter and jelly.

I rock sativa edibles strait from the dispensary. My dose usually goes between 5mg, 10mg, 15mg or 20mg depending on where my heads at. And usually I use only like twice a week. I never crave it and God its so good. Food tastes amazing, music sounds incredible (better then it ever did), my whole mindset slows down and gets SUPER introspective. Its like substance enhanced self therapy.

It feels so fucking good to be able to work on my issues and stuff that is bothering me and it works so well. I truly love it.

Nice...but tell me...have you ever looked at the back of a twenty dollar bill...on weed?

I've often wondered if this would help with my anxiety, though relaxation has never been a problem. I never smoked weed. My vice came in a bottle.

It's definitely worth looking into, maybe even trying some microdosing of it just to take the edges off.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2022, 09:57:30 PM »

Nice...but tell me...have you ever looked at the back of a twenty dollar bill...on weed?

Oh, I am definitely an "Enhancement smoker"  :lol

I am like the poster child for anxiety and it works great for me. Usually lower doses work best. And strait non-THC CBD is excellent for when I'm at work.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2022, 03:31:26 AM »
Last time I smoked weed was in 2009. First time was 2005 on my 19th birthday. Fun times were had, but I hate the smell so much now that I don't know how I was ever able to smoke it in the first place.

I'm not anti-marijuana, but I sure wish it had a different smell. Between the factories and it just emitting off people, it gets really annoying.

I do have an amusing and pleasant memory with smoking weed though. Being high and listening to Slayer produced quite the visual experience. I saw myself mowing people down like a lawn mower in sync with the drums.

Just wanted to share.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2022, 06:58:30 AM »
I do have an amusing and pleasant memory with smoking weed though. Being high and listening to Slayer produced quite the visual experience. I saw myself mowing people down like a lawn mower in sync with the drums.

Dave Lombardo is a great drummer to listen to while baked.

Offline Awaken

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2022, 01:41:54 PM »

This is exactly what brought me back to cannabis.  When I gave up drinking over three years ago, there were significant other obstacles to overcome.  Anxiety and depression were both big ones - combined with therapy, I'm in a far better place now in no small part due to cannabis.  I rarely use recreationally, more as a tool not unlike prozac or any other med my Dr would prescribe.  Since I started, I have not missed a workout, advanced my career, and most importantly refocused my efforts on being a better person (father, partner, son, brother, and friend).  Alcohol, for me, eroded all of that and left a lot to repair.

Plus it pairs beautifully with bbq. 

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2022, 01:50:49 PM »

Damn straight!

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2022, 01:55:14 PM »
I ordered on the dispensary's website for the first time and couldn't believe how easy it was.  Just like shopping online except no credit card.  Shop for what you want, add it to your cart, select a pick up time (1/2 hr increments) and show up with cash and driver license.  I was in and out of there in less than 2 mins.  :hat
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Awaken

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2022, 02:14:24 PM »

Damn straight!

Beautiful scene right here!

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2022, 02:15:10 PM »

What kind of perc is that? Faberge egg? Don't recall seeing anything like that.

Also, your ash-catcher is bigger than your bong. That's not normally how it works.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2022, 02:25:24 PM »

I have no idea what that perc's official style is called, but it does its job well.

The ash catcher might be a bit overkill, but it gets a lot of use and the extra water doesn't hurt. That angle of the pic is also a bit funky. It looks a little bigger in the pic than it actually is.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2022, 11:59:12 AM »
I'll let rip with my paraphernalia. At least the bits I find interesting for some reason or another.

Daily driver:

Erlenmeyer for the win. I wasn't totally sure what I wanted when I bought this, but it turns out this is precisely what I wanted. It's perfect across the board, from the height to the shape to the thickness. I might be inclined to go with a more robust perc, but I can't find one where everything else is the same. And in any case, it's a monumental improvement over what it replaced.

This was my bong for probably 15 years. A birthday present, as I recall. The nasty bit of white silicon is because I replaced the hole in the back with a pull-carb. I normally took the time to make it look good, but it needed to be redone every few years, and the last time I didn't really bother. It only gets used once every year or two, specifically when it snows down here. One of it's unique qualities is that it's .125" anodized aluminum, so it conducts and stores heat amazingly well. It'll develop a solid layer of hard frost right up to the water line, or to the top when filled with snow. You might as well be smoking out of a pipe made entirely of ice.

Way back in my formative teenage years I lived on a suburban cul de sac. The neighbor across the street was the inspiration for Ned Flanders, right down to the mustache. He was the sort of guy that let everybody on the block have the key-code to his garage door, in case they needed to use his lawnmower, or borrow a gallon of gas, or something. As a rambunctious and hard-partying 18 year old he sure didn't like me, though. One year he gave everybody on the block tins of Christmas cookies. No doubt directed towards my mom, in this case. For some reason it amused me to use Ned's Christmas cookie tin for my stash box. Thirty five years later here we are.  :lol

Some time during that 35 years I went on a first date with some gal, and we went to see Tommy and Shelby Chong do standup somewhere. He was selling glass after the show, which as we all know was his downfall, and signing whatever people brought or bought. I handed him the lid to a tin of Christmas cookies. He looked at it confusedly, looked at me confusedly, then back at the lid, chuckled, and then drew a wonderfully ornate autograph on it. When everybody else was handing him album covers and DVDs, I think he appreciated something unique. And for that I've got my Tommy Chong autographed rolling tray.

Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2022, 12:09:36 PM »
I love that last story.  That's classic.