Author Topic: The Cannabis Thread v. Let's behave  (Read 24647 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: The Cannabis Thread v. Let's behave
« Reply #280 on: January 23, 2023, 04:28:24 PM »
Nice, debating about having an edible tonight.

Yeah....I think I'm going to do a virgin edible...aka a cookie. :biggrin:

You're going to eat a virgin's cookie?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #281 on: January 24, 2023, 09:46:11 AM »
Nice, debating about having an edible tonight.

Yeah....I think I'm going to do a virgin edible...aka a cookie. :biggrin:

You're going to eat a virgin's cookie?

:rollin  No edible for me last night, although I probably would have slept much better if I did

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #282 on: February 01, 2023, 08:37:41 PM »
you know, just when I thought I had my head around all the ways I can use weed I go an find a new one.

My job burns me up. Its high stress and management plays favorites. Last night I took a considerable edible and by morning the "high" had worn off, but there was a tremendous "after glow" all day long.

I felt so chill and a little giggly all day, but was still able to work fine. And I am usually a high anxiety grump, so yay for weed  :tup
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 08:52:03 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #283 on: February 02, 2023, 08:14:05 AM »
I don't think I ever experienced anything like that.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #284 on: February 02, 2023, 09:06:08 AM »
Oh wow really? Interesting.

It only works with edibles though. Any type of inhalation, I get nothing. It comes and goes in like a half an hour or so.

But, If I take an edible strong enough that I can't walk then I feel lovely for 24 hours roughly. I personally might notice it more since at baseline I'm hyper anxious and easily frustrated.

For lack of a better word, the weed afterglow lets me feel "normal" and I love it oh so much. I would say it feels like being on CBD, but a little more cheerful.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #285 on: February 02, 2023, 09:17:12 AM »
I haven't eaten an edible that disabled me in a long time. Likely because my tolerance is so high. I'm actually going to try 1.5 of my cookies tonight. Shouldn't be too much but I've noticed 1 of my new batch of cookies just gets me to a good feeling but not the giggly feeling which I enjoy.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #286 on: February 02, 2023, 09:28:34 AM »
After taking a break from Mary Jane, all I'm gonna say is wow, oh wow have my dream become wildly vivid.

I heard about this before.  It would also explain why I hardly have dreams as marijuana I believe suppresses dreams.

It most certainly does not. I smoke before I go to bed and I have dreams, sometimes vivid as well.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #287 on: February 05, 2023, 03:06:41 PM »
You guys may have seen this before, but it still makes me laugh to this day

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hrZLc9lqQM0

Cop and his wife eat too many brownies, call 911 and think they are dead. i have been there and boy is it not fun  :lol

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #288 on: February 10, 2023, 09:58:01 AM »
Anybody try dabbing weed?

I am totally happy with the feeling I get from edibles, but I'm just curious what other people's thoughts were on dabbing?

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #289 on: February 11, 2023, 08:07:40 AM »
I have but not in a long time. It was a rollercoaster, I got crazy high and then mellowed out fairly quick.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #290 on: February 11, 2023, 08:36:25 AM »
I've heard that from a couple different people. Sounds intense.

I honestly like my high as prolonged and stretched out as I can get, but that's a cool option for sure.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #291 on: February 11, 2023, 09:06:41 AM »
Yea I'm the same way, it's why I prefer edibles. I know what I'm getting and roughly how long it'll last. It took a while though finding edibles that were fairly consistent.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #292 on: February 11, 2023, 09:14:11 AM »
What's  dabbing? I'm too lazy to Google it.

I've completely abandoned smoking now. I've been interested in switching to edibles exclusively for a few years, and for a variety of reasons. Came down with a respiratory illness back in November,  and couldn't smoke if i wanted. It was the prefect time to make the switch,  and i haven't looked back. I much prefer the high,  and, as a cardio exercise enthusiast (to put it mildly), i can already notice a difference in how my lungs feel during hard efforts.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #293 on: February 11, 2023, 11:07:41 AM »
What's  dabbing? I'm too lazy to Google it.

For dabbing, there is a super concentrated weed resin (that is like tree sap or wax)

You blow torch the glass container part and once its super hot, you put the resin in and it melts and then its kinda, sorta of like a regular bong although its really its own thing honestly.

I've never done it so I can't speak from personal experience, but the overall point is that you get MEGA high. Some people love it, but I'm happy with the high I get as it is.

I've completely abandoned smoking now. I've been interested in switching to edibles exclusively for a few years, and for a variety of reasons. Came down with a respiratory illness back in November,  and couldn't smoke if i wanted. It was the prefect time to make the switch,  and i haven't looked back. I much prefer the high,  and, as a cardio exercise enthusiast (to put it mildly), i can already notice a difference in how my lungs feel during hard efforts.

I'm right there with. I have asthma, so inhalation of any type is uncomfortable for me. But I absolutely LOVE edibles. Exactly the type of high that I like and its nice and long lasting.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #294 on: February 11, 2023, 12:07:58 PM »
So it's basically weed meth,right?

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #295 on: February 12, 2023, 07:27:15 AM »

Story time, the first time I dabbed was when I went to EDC In Las Vegas. We booked a huge room and one of the bedrooms was shared with my buddies cousin and her boyfriend who I've never met before. I came into the room after getting something to eat and I saw the pipe there and I swore it was some sort of meth pipe (never being around meth before). He told me it was for dabbing weed and I tried it. I will say it was really clean, no coughing or anything irritating.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #296 on: February 12, 2023, 08:19:02 AM »

Story time, the first time I dabbed was when I went to EDC In Las Vegas. We booked a huge room and one of the bedrooms was shared with my buddies cousin and her boyfriend who I've never met before. I came into the room after getting something to eat and I saw the pipe there and I swore it was some sort of meth pipe (never being around meth before). He told me it was for dabbing weed and I tried it. I will say it was really clean, no coughing or anything irritating.

Same with meth, Very clean and smooth... Or so I've heard  ::)

Offline Harmony

« Reply #297 on: February 21, 2023, 07:34:02 PM »
Sorry if this has been discussed before but has anyone here ever experienced a green out?

I had my first (and hopefully my last) one last weekend.  And I may not be using the right definition.  I did dry January and this last weekend was my first dip back in the alcohol pool and then a friend brought out some weed and next thing I knew, I was on the ground.  Raising my head up at all made me want to puke.  I broke out in a sweat and wondered if I was having a painless heart attack.

After it wore off (I literally slept on the floor for 3 hours) and I woke up the next day, I felt better but it has really put me off doing any more cannabis with alcohol.  A combo I've loved well for many years.  *sigh*
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #298 on: February 21, 2023, 07:40:27 PM »
I've greened 3 times on super concentrated edibles. Once it didn't even happen until 3hrs into the high. I'm far more conservative with my doses now, to say the least.

The booze is  likely a big part of the problem.  I've never gotten sick from just smoking. I don't think i could ingest enough that way vs. accidentally eating 250mg of black market gummies.

The last time it happened was wild. Ate my dose around 8pm. Went to bed around 1030. Woke up at midnight, and ran to the bathroom to throw up the entire contents of my stomach.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #299 on: February 21, 2023, 08:57:38 PM »
I've never mixed weed with alcohol, so that may be the culprit. But honestly I don't mesh well with alcohol on a good day anyway.

With weed, I've never felt sick or nauseous luckily, but I have definitely taken too high of an edible dose though.

and it feels like a jack hammer is on my head or like I just fell out of a plane without a parachute just being jostled around by the wind. Its extremely uncomfortable, but at this point I've got a dose that I like and as long as I stay in the ballpark, it usually goes ok.

But that sounds like an awful experience though.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #300 on: February 22, 2023, 08:27:52 AM »
I didn't even know the term green out, but now that I know what it is, I've had that happen when I was young and tried to smoke with the experienced kids in high school and smoked too much.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #301 on: February 22, 2023, 08:51:04 AM »
Sorry if this has been discussed before but has anyone here ever experienced a green out?

I had my first (and hopefully my last) one last weekend.  And I may not be using the right definition.  I did dry January and this last weekend was my first dip back in the alcohol pool and then a friend brought out some weed and next thing I knew, I was on the ground.  Raising my head up at all made me want to puke.  I broke out in a sweat and wondered if I was having a painless heart attack.

After it wore off (I literally slept on the floor for 3 hours) and I woke up the next day, I felt better but it has really put me off doing any more cannabis with alcohol.  A combo I've loved well for many years.  *sigh*
You've got to smoke before you drink. If you're already drunk and then you smoke you'll get the spins and it's all downhill from there. I had it happen a couple of times before I turned pro. Once I made the connection it never happened again. If you're really giving it the what for, a little blow will sometimes bring it all together, but at that point you're juggling three competing interests and the potential for misadventure is crazy-extreme.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #302 on: February 22, 2023, 08:54:50 AM »

You've got to smoke before you drink. If you're already drunk and then you smoke you'll get the spins and it's all downhill from there. I had it happen a couple of times before I turned pro. Once I made the connection it never happened again. If you're really giving it the what for, a little blow will sometimes bring it all together, but at that point you're juggling three competing interests and the potential for misadventure is crazy-extreme.

I would say, from my experience, you don't need to smoke before you drink, but smoke before you are drunk.  Personally, I find the best time to smoke while drinking is after I've had 2 drinks.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #303 on: February 22, 2023, 09:01:53 AM »

I would say, from my experience, you don't need to smoke before you drink, but smoke before you are drunk. Personally, I find the best time to smoke while drinking is after I've had 2 drinks.
Yeah, the bolded is certainly the crux of it. I just try not to prescribe anything drug or alcohol related too rigidly. There's a random element to drinking that makes defining a set limit tricky.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #304 on: February 22, 2023, 09:03:16 AM »
Yeah true and two drinks for me might make someone drunk where as I'm just getting a buzz.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #305 on: February 22, 2023, 09:03:57 AM »

I agree with this. I think for me when I smoke or eat edibles I'll usually drink way, way less when high. I'm usually too lost in my own thoughts to keep boozing :lol

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #306 on: February 22, 2023, 09:49:58 AM »
Never smoke while drunk... It never worked out well for me.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #307 on: February 22, 2023, 04:23:08 PM »
Yeah, I'm sure over indulgence of alcohol and probably a way higher THC strain then I'm used to was the deadly combo.

But I've combined the 2 successfully for almost 40 years and never had a problem.  Back in the way back days when I dabbled with smoking cigarettes, it was only while I was using alcohol that I really felt like smoking.  That sort of carried over to smoking weed when I gave up tobacco for good.  So I honestly never thought twice about it.  And I'm not even smoking, I'm using a PAX to vape.  But there is something about taking a drag or a hit when you are drinking that feels good to me.  Or at least it did until last weekend.   :-\

I guess getting older and trying to be healthier is impacting me in ways I hadn't considered before.  It might be time to scale back on indulgences of the grape and green kind.
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #308 on: February 22, 2023, 07:40:35 PM »
For me it was always instant spins. Granted I usually had a tremendous amount of alcohol in me.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #309 on: February 23, 2023, 09:20:48 AM »
Yeah, I'm sure over indulgence of alcohol and probably a way higher THC strain then I'm used to was the deadly combo.

But I've combined the 2 successfully for almost 40 years and never had a problem.  Back in the way back days when I dabbled with smoking cigarettes, it was only while I was using alcohol that I really felt like smoking.  That sort of carried over to smoking weed when I gave up tobacco for good.  So I honestly never thought twice about it.  And I'm not even smoking, I'm using a PAX to vape.  But there is something about taking a drag or a hit when you are drinking that feels good to me.  Or at least it did until last weekend.   :-\

I guess getting older and trying to be healthier is impacting me in ways I hadn't considered before.  It might be time to scale back on indulgences of the grape and green kind.

I totally understand the feeling of the desire to have a smoke while drinking (I don't smoke tobacco, but I love to have some marijuana while having some drinks).  You do mention 40 years of experience, and they've always said the weed in the past was not strong compared to what's out there today.  I do wonder if you ended up smoking one of these really potent strains they have these days.  I would say even vape doesn't compare at all to a high quality strain where one hit gets you really really high for significant time.  For me, vape gives you a head high and fades away very quickly and I've found the PAX to be pretty light.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #310 on: February 23, 2023, 10:25:51 AM »
I totally understand the feeling of the desire to have a smoke while drinking (I don't smoke tobacco, but I love to have some marijuana while having some drinks).
I occasionally still crave a Marlboro when drinking. Not enough to do anything about it, that's why I no longer smoke cigs, but it really was a nice combination.

they've always said the weed in the past was not strong compared to what's out there today.
I kind of agree and kind of disagree with this. On average, pot today is a helluva lost stronger. Back in the day we mostly had cheap Mexican ditch weed. That's actually getting harder to come by now, while most people are smoking high-grade dispensary stuff. At the same time you'd occasionally, seemingly at random, get some killer bud back in the day that was as good as what we all smoke regularly now. Including good skunk, which no longer really seems to be a thing, except in name only. One of the best buds we still have now in the modern era is the exact same Maui Waui we had back in the 70s. As far as I know the potency hasn't changed over the years. It was just always great.
E.F. Benson

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #311 on: February 23, 2023, 10:34:18 AM »
I totally understand the feeling of the desire to have a smoke while drinking (I don't smoke tobacco, but I love to have some marijuana while having some drinks).
I occasionally still crave a Marlboro when drinking. Not enough to do anything about it, that's why I no longer smoke cigs, but it really was a nice combination.

Sometimes I pop into these General-Side threads and am reminded of things either I still do that are bad or things I used to do that I still struggle to not go back to.

There is nothing like coffee+cigs or alcohol+cigs. Part of the reason I try to avoid drinking too much these days is because the temptation to smoke cigs gets too strong. Vaping + alcohol isn't the same man.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #312 on: February 23, 2023, 01:37:18 PM »
Fuck I miss cigs. I think I'm well past the two month mark. I still want one one all the time. Most notably when I'm boozing. Traffic makes me want one, as do the minutes leading up to and following my 1:1 meetings with my PM.   

As for weed and alcohol, if I'm really drunk and smoke, I'll puke 9/10 times. If I'm under eight beers and smoke, I'll be fine. If I smoke first and then try to drink, it's just not enjoyable and I don't get anywhere.   

Five beers and a good bong hit or two is where it's at.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #313 on: February 23, 2023, 03:31:57 PM »
Fuck I miss cigs. I think I'm well past the two month mark. I still want one one all the time. Most notably when I'm boozing. Traffic makes me want one, as do the minutes leading up to and following my 1:1 meetings with my PM.   

I'm over 8 years and I still crave them.  :lol

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #314 on: February 23, 2023, 06:05:24 PM »
I am so glad i didn’t like smoking cigs when i tried them. Grew up in a house full of smokers as well so that definitely deterred things.

And outside of messing around getting drunk as a teenager, i’ve never really cared for alcohol.

Weed on the other hand for me is like a fish in water. Its one of the only things in this world that lets me feel like a normal person.