Author Topic: The Cannabis Thread v. Let's behave  (Read 24625 times)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: The Cannabis Thread v. Let's behave
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2022, 10:26:25 AM »
That will take the Zen garden to the level  :lol

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2022, 11:20:59 AM »
That is so cool

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2022, 01:55:18 PM »
That's bordering on the 'lol stoners' edge... Pretty cool though.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2022, 08:49:26 PM »
Over the years I've severly cut down on my drinking. I was never a huge home drinker, and only drank out on the right occasions. It got to the point where I would drink a handful of times during the year, usually at festivals and such. Well, about a year or so ago I started having access to edibles regularly and I have pretty much no desire to drink again. I have never enjoyed the "smoking" aspect of anything (other than a very occasional cigar), so smoking weed never appealed to me, but as I slowly had edibles more I certainly have enjoyed them. So now I generally am able to enjoy once a week.

At ProgStock this past fall I got to see a Pink Floyd tribute band while high, and as someone who has enjoyed prog-rock most of his life I feel as though that was an overdue checklist item!
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2022, 08:54:44 PM »
My Nick is growing up!  Lol  Love you man.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2022, 10:51:15 PM »
Over the years I've severly cut down on my drinking. I was never a huge home drinker, and only drank out on the right occasions. It got to the point where I would drink a handful of times during the year, usually at festivals and such. Well, about a year or so ago I started having access to edibles regularly and I have pretty much no desire to drink again. I have never enjoyed the "smoking" aspect of anything (other than a very occasional cigar), so smoking weed never appealed to me, but as I slowly had edibles more I certainly have enjoyed them. So now I generally am able to enjoy once a week.

At ProgStock this past fall I got to see a Pink Floyd tribute band while high, and as someone who has enjoyed prog-rock most of his life I feel as though that was an overdue checklist item!

The last time I got high was while watching Roger Waters perform Comfortably Numb during his Wall tour. Figured that's as good a session as any to count as my last.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2022, 05:09:55 AM »

Edibles are my jam too. Totally different high, and it sometimes gets quasi psychedelic it its level of introspection which I find very therapeutic.

And this goes for all weed consumption methods, but oh yeah the enhancement of music is unreal. Its like I'm hearing all my albums for the very first time. 

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2022, 06:49:32 AM »
Ready for the show later!

I had two on an empty stomach first thing this morning to get a baseline of their potency.  They're exactly where I wanted them.  Perfect level of mellow and chill while still having all my faculties. Though, that was only 90 minutes ago. It's entirely possible I'll be couch locked a half hour from now.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2022, 08:37:53 AM »
The "unexpected" couch lock is always an experience  :lol

I am so grateful to strait up have pills that say 5mg on them from the dispensary. Its almost always right on the money of what I am looking for.

But yeah, those cookies look bangin  :tup

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2022, 04:01:57 PM »
I’m a junior grower.
I don’t smoke it.
I don’t test what I grow.
I give it all away.

I just like the plant.
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2022, 06:11:36 PM »
Went to the dispensary in Las Vegas called Planet 13.  Apparently they are the worlds largest dispensary.  It was pretty big and cool place just slightly off the strip.  Quite expensive, but such a cool experience.  Soooo many options.  It was a bit overwhelming and there were like 100 different budtender stations. Got an 8th, a vape cartridge, and 5 pre-rolls.  Spent $180 which is the expensive part, but the quality is great and the experience was cool. 

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2022, 08:56:53 AM »
Budtender? Is that like a weed somalier, or do they have a totally different and higher (pun intended) position for that?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2022, 09:04:17 AM »
Budtender? Is that like a weed somalier, or do they have a totally different and higher (pun intended) position for that?

Kind of.  Basically if you go to a dispensary, you will work with a person there to get you what you want (the budtender).  It could just be you telling them what you want, but it's more fun when you ask questions and get detailed answers about the products.  For example, I like sativas because I like the more active high than the sit on your couch high from indicas.  I asked the budtender for some recommendations based on that and for low price.  The lady found me a cool strain, it was hybrid (Super Lemon OG), but more sativa dominant and she explained some things I didn't understand which was cool (I need to do more homework on these things) about why this strain would be good for me.  Must say, this strain has a great citrus taste to it and the high is really enjoyable.  I've got a couple grams with me back home now  :hat

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2022, 10:10:14 AM »
Cram nailed it.

They just are the ones you talk to about what you are looking for in effect. You talk about what you've tried, what you like and don't like. And they can make recommendations, and then sell you the stuff.

I've always found them to be pretty friendly and helpful.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2022, 01:10:06 PM »
I forgot what the place is called, but it was in Colorado Springs. The place had descriptions for the effects of each of the strains. That was really helpful and I said to my friend, "Every dispensary should do this." It's informative and it helps people make quicker decisions while they wait.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2022, 01:21:42 PM »
I forgot what the place is called, but it was in Colorado Springs. The place had descriptions for the effects of each of the strains. That was really helpful and I said to my friend, "Every dispensary should do this." It's informative and it helps people make quicker decisions while they wait.
I figure they all did.

That said, it's also widely variable by the individual. I can tell you that indica dominant strains tend to wire me out somethin fierce, which is certainly not the norm. Also, while some strains do make me a bit sleepy, I've never found any grass conducive to sleep. It might help me fall asleep, but it won't be very restful. While most of the people I know do appreciate the info on the labels, they've never been particularly helpful to me, except to find patterns as to why they're wrong.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2022, 01:50:09 PM »
Its kind of wild how complicated it can get with the different terpene profiles.

I usually find it easier to just pick a strain and experiment until I find what I like.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2022, 06:50:52 PM »
Jesus fuck you kids are spoiled these days....I had a solid old man rant loaded up...but I'll show some discretion.  :lol

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2022, 06:08:05 PM »
https://www.marijuanamoment.net/federal-marijuana-legalization-bill-officially-scheduled-for-house-floor-vote-next-week/

So even though it already passed in the house before, they didn’t think it would pass the senate, so they retooled it and will try again.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #89 on: March 24, 2022, 06:33:08 PM »
https://www.marijuanamoment.net/federal-marijuana-legalization-bill-officially-scheduled-for-house-floor-vote-next-week/

So even though it already passed in the house before, they didn’t think it would pass the senate, so they retooled it and will try again.
I wouldn't hold my breath with the senate, though it should be close. Anything that might let "less desirables" out of the slammer, or removes a road block to immigration is going to be unpopular to republicans. It'll be up to some of the so-called libertarians on the right to push it over.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #90 on: March 25, 2022, 01:11:10 PM »
Now this bill just takes it off the list of schedule 1 drugs, right?

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2022, 02:38:17 PM »
Federal legalization passed in the house today. Hopefully, it will now go to the senate

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2022, 02:43:30 PM »
Recreational is now legal and went in effect today. Might hit up a store later, but I still have enough to last for another month, which should give the dispensaries time to wind down on the hype.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2022, 08:14:45 PM »
I was thinking about getting one of these LED corner lights to liven up my sessions.

Offline Awaken

« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2022, 09:06:55 AM »

I believe it would allow Federally insured banks (including credit cards) to do business directly w dispensaries, as well.  This will also open the flood gates for investors who have been playing international cannabis markets. 

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2022, 12:02:54 PM »

I believe it would allow Federally insured banks (including credit cards) to do business directly w dispensaries, as well.  This will also open the flood gates for investors who have been playing international cannabis markets.

Interesting...we'll see how it plays out, though here in CA, they have so many regulations on the market that nobody can get a foothold, at least a profitable one. The old, underground market is so well established, and tax free to boot, I'm not sure how the legit market will ever pull ahead.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2022, 12:37:36 PM »
I was thinking about getting one of these LED corner lights to liven up my sessions.

I have one.  It's pretty cool!  :tup
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2022, 09:52:08 AM »

Interesting...we'll see how it plays out, though here in CA, they have so many regulations on the market that nobody can get a foothold, at least a profitable one. The old, underground market is so well established, and tax free to boot, I'm not sure how the legit market will ever pull ahead.
This is an ongoing issue here in Canada, and we're now in our 4th year of full legalization. The cost per gram from a legal source (based on best available bulk price) is still around $9, and much higher for small quantities or pre-rolls. The black market price we pay is about $2.50 per gram (full disclosure: we buy 1/2lbs at a time, so the bulk price is pretty damn low). For us to switch to a legal source the price doesn't have to be on the same page, but it should at least be in the same book!

Lots of folks will buy from the dispensaries solely because it's legal, so they're quite profitable. However, I don't think they'll ever be able to eliminate the black market. I can order online, pay a ridiculously low price, and have it delivered to my house in the mail. I see almost no reason to go to a physical store to buy my weed.

Offline Awaken

« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2022, 10:19:12 AM »

This is an ongoing issue here in Canada, and we're now in our 4th year of full legalization. The cost per gram from a legal source (based on best available bulk price) is still around $9, and much higher for small quantities or pre-rolls. The black market price we pay is about $2.50 per gram (full disclosure: we buy 1/2lbs at a time, so the bulk price is pretty damn low). For us to switch to a legal source the price doesn't have to be on the same page, but it should at least be in the same book!

Lots of folks will buy from the dispensaries solely because it's legal, so they're quite profitable. However, I don't think they'll ever be able to eliminate the black market. I can order online, pay a ridiculously low price, and have it delivered to my house in the mail. I see almost no reason to go to a physical store to buy my weed.

There are similar issues here w legalization.  As soon as you go down that path, there is substantial overhead that has to be passed on to the consumer which results in higher prices.  I've read that CA's biggest issue was that the laws are kind of tailored to keep 'mom and pop' type operations out of the legal process, it's just too expensive for them to keep up.  So they continue via black market and hope for the best.  Here in CT, I can see that same scenario playing out (albeit a much smaller scale, we're not really known for our strains over here).  The rumor was the cost to apply for a license to even get into the legal end was $750,000.  That's a LOT of capital just to be in the game, and doesn't even get you where you'd need to be to invest in hardware, software, logistics related to the business. 

Personally, I prefer having a legal path - it helps to ensure I know exactly what I'm getting.  There have been too many stories of fentanyl finding it's way into products - I'd rather not risk it.  Similar to liquor, some will always go the black market route - others just stop in the packy and know what they're getting is controlled.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #99 on: April 06, 2022, 10:32:46 AM »
I'm not really concerned about fentanyl getting into my supply. I think that would be more of an issue when buying from street level dealers vying for business, and needing the 'best' product to remain competitive. The operation we buy from is clearly a well organized criminal operation with investments in their infrastructure (packaging, website, app), and the selection is superior to every dispensary I've visited. I can't see why they'd want to risk killing their customers. Also, it seems like you're most likely to encounter opioids here when using coke or heroin (neither of which we use).  The narrative in the news makes it sound as if most of the folks are already taking opioids or similar intentionally, and it's just being laced with fentanyl (apparently the market for valium is booming. Who knew?). Our province tracks the opioid deaths, but they don't ever provide details about how they happen.

On that subject, we do keep a naxalone kit in our house. They reverse OD's, and are freely given out in pharmacies here. Apparently they're restricted in most of the US, which is absolutely absurd given how rampant fentanyl deaths are.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2022, 11:44:28 AM »
I'm not really concerned about fentanyl getting into my supply.

Yeah, this is kind of unheard of to mix fentanyl into marijuana.  Or really to put anything dangerous into marijuana is very rare and basically a non issue.

As for the black market talk, I will most likely continue using my dealer once shops open up here in NJ. It'll likely save me a good amount of money, but I would probably still sample things in the store because from experience they usually have some cool strains that are worth trying out.  I paid ~ $60 for an 8th when in Vegas last month which is much more than what I'd pay under ground, but that strain (Super Lemon OG) was SOOOO good that I wouldn't mind having small amounts of super high end stuff.  My dealer gets really great stuff for low prices, but it's usually not THAT good compared to what you can get from a high end dispensary. 

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2022, 12:29:02 PM »

Yeah, this is kind of unheard of to mix fentanyl into marijuana.  Or really to put anything dangerous into marijuana is very rare and basically a non issue.
In truth, I'd be more concerned about the non-fentanyl chemicals that often go into legal bud. When that much money is involved shortcuts naturally come up. I know for a fact that what I smoke is 100% organic, and I appreciate that.
E.F. Benson

Offline Awaken

« Reply #102 on: April 06, 2022, 01:24:54 PM »

It’s less ‘mixing’ and more apparent cross contamination from individuals who handle both products before sale.  I never would have guessed it was an issue either until I started seeing news reports locally.  Who knows for sure, I still err on the side of caution now that what I perceive to be a safer option exists.  Also love edibles and being able to monitor/control the dosing can’t be understated.  YRMV. 

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2022, 01:29:48 PM »
We're allowed to grow up to 3 or 4 plants (can't remember which) if we want, but it seems like too much of a hassle. My friend grows some in a fancy tent setup he got for $1500, but honestly the product isn't great. I'd rather just pay.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2022, 01:32:45 PM »
I guess I can see what you mean by cross contaminating now, but I never really thought of it like that since my dealers in the past were not (as far as I could tell) associated with opiate dealing.