Author Topic: The Cannabis Thread v. Let's behave  (Read 29061 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Cannabis Thread v. Let's behave
« Reply #385 on: March 23, 2023, 09:23:07 AM »
Yeah, for consistency, I usually eat edibles on an empty stomach before I eat dinner. 

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #386 on: March 23, 2023, 11:15:03 AM »
I really wish I could crack the tincture code. That seems like the best of all worlds. It doesn't hurt the lungs, it's fast acting, easy to transport and sneak in places, and it's low in calories. I've tried a couple times now and have yet to make a "good" batch. I've made some effective batches, but the shit is so hard to stomach/ingest, it's not worth it. I use grain alcohol to make it, and no matter what I do, every batch feels like I'm dousing under my tongue and around my mouth with gasoline and lighting it on fire.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #387 on: March 23, 2023, 12:01:58 PM »
That sounds unpleasant.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #388 on: March 23, 2023, 12:07:30 PM »
Ive only tried the tincture once and recall it not being pleasant as well.  I'd imagine being so high in alcohol, there may not be a great way for high dosage.  I also don't like that I basically need to eat a full snack for an edible.  I'd rather something small and low calorie myself.  It's actually the main reason why I loved the THC tablets I got in LA one time.  They were 20mg pills basically.  So no calories or eating, just a couple gulps of water to wash them down.  But that doesn't fix the time issue, it'll still take an hour or so to kick in. I've yet to see them in NJ.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #389 on: March 23, 2023, 03:56:07 PM »
I only have some tincture because you get more mg per dollar, but i’ve never liked the taste. I mix it with a small cup of milk or yogurt.

I definitely prefer the capsules i get from the dispensery. They hit hard and are consistant with effect.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #390 on: March 23, 2023, 06:31:24 PM »
I've thought about buying empty capsules and just injecting my tincture into them.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #391 on: April 04, 2023, 04:57:10 AM »
Tried a new Sativa strain last night for the first time. Stracciatella I think it's called, but man it's real smooth.

Sat there nice and baked, watching John Wick 1 and had a blast. It was so rad.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #392 on: April 11, 2023, 04:24:24 AM »
All I want to say is thank god for weed.

This may have been the hardest weeks of my adult life with 4 major life changes happening all with-in the last 7 days. I was literally on the floor crying and shaking until a full dose edible helped me process all that pain and find some peace.

I am so grateful to have this medicine.

Offline Awaken

« Reply #393 on: April 11, 2023, 07:31:39 AM »
Ive only tried the tincture once and recall it not being pleasant as well.  I'd imagine being so high in alcohol, there may not be a great way for high dosage.  I also don't like that I basically need to eat a full snack for an edible.  I'd rather something small and low calorie myself.  It's actually the main reason why I loved the THC tablets I got in LA one time.  They were 20mg pills basically.  So no calories or eating, just a couple gulps of water to wash them down.  But that doesn't fix the time issue, it'll still take an hour or so to kick in. I've yet to see them in NJ.

These have also become my go-to for edible form.  Mass has dispensaries that sell a 5mg thc/25 mg cbd pill that has been a sweet spot for me.  They also have various other forms including thc only, the state law requires each dose to be no more than 5mg though.  Seems like a sane starting point, I know out west there isn't much of a cap and people have made some 'mistakes' w 100mg versions.  That would be quite a ride for someone not knowing what they were getting into.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #394 on: April 11, 2023, 07:48:31 AM »

These have also become my go-to for edible form.  Mass has dispensaries that sell a 5mg thc/25 mg cbd pill that has been a sweet spot for me.  They also have various other forms including thc only, the state law requires each dose to be no more than 5mg though.  Seems like a sane starting point, I know out west there isn't much of a cap and people have made some 'mistakes' w 100mg versions.  That would be quite a ride for someone not knowing what they were getting into.

Yeah, I can't imagine someone without tolerance taking a 100mg edible  :lol but at the same time, a 5mg cap seems ridiculously low even if it's a great starting point.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #395 on: April 11, 2023, 09:22:48 AM »
You guys amaze me with your tolerance levels.  I cut 5mg gummies in half and do 2.5mg for an after-work buzz.  I think of it like having one beer or one drink after work.  I'll do 5mg on the weekend, once in the morning and then 5mg more in the afternoon, then I'm good through the evening.  I don't know what affects tolerance, but I started in junior high so it's not like I'm new at this.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #396 on: April 11, 2023, 09:29:12 AM »
You guys amaze me with your tolerance levels.  I cut 5mg gummies in half and do 2.5mg for an after-work buzz.  I think of it like having one beer or one drink after work.  I'll do 5mg on the weekend, once in the morning and then 5mg more in the afternoon, then I'm good through the evening.  I don't know what affects tolerance, but I started in junior high so it's not like I'm new at this.

I'd imagine my big belly affects tolerance.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #397 on: April 11, 2023, 12:10:36 PM »
I'm like in the middle.

5mg isn't enough and 100mg I wouldn't take if you paid me. 20mg is just right and that's someone that uses around 2-3 times a week.

Offline Awaken

« Reply #398 on: April 12, 2023, 07:47:51 AM »

Yeah, I can't imagine someone without tolerance taking a 100mg edible  :lol but at the same time, a 5mg cap seems ridiculously low even if it's a great starting point.

Oh it's definitely low, I like to partake but also need to keep most senses in-tact when I do get to endulge.  5mg is more a nice change of mindset/scenery, while 20mg (for me) is more lower earth orbit.  Anything beyond that, I'd need to be very confident that no one needs me for anything for a few hours  :rollin

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #399 on: April 12, 2023, 08:03:59 AM »
I just pick the dose based on what I'm doing

CBD for work

THC is as follows:

5mg I can almost safely work/drive but I don't chance it

10-15mg I can just muster the strength to be sociable and converse, but it can be an effort.   

20mg to 25mg is Phoenix time. Leave me alone to dance with my mind, and kiss the sky 

30mg it starts to get painful/unproductive so I keep it at no more than 25mg in one shot, but with an option to keep taking a little more every hour or so to keep the party rolling  :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #400 on: April 12, 2023, 08:30:31 AM »
I can still pretty much function normally at 100mg, but I'll have absolutely no desire to.  I usually won't do an edible unless I know I'm in the house for the night and can go to bed once the high has passed.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #401 on: April 12, 2023, 09:24:28 AM »
I can still pretty much function normally at 100mg

:hefdaddy

That's incredible. The most I ever did was around 50mg ish (I lost track that night) and I was having strong thoughts of needing to go to the ER. But then I remembered it was Weed and just dealt with it and took a snooze  :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #402 on: April 12, 2023, 09:42:18 AM »
I'm not proud of my tolerance, it makes it an expensive habit.  But definitely struggled doing anything the first bunch of time doing high dosage.  I had one of my cookies the other night, it was great. (only two more left but I have a new baggie saved to use for cooking soon)  Sometimes I'll game, but my response time is so low when I'm that high that it's a struggle, but I'm still completely aware and capable. I actually made my best ever tiktok (1.3M views) while gaming on a edible  :lol

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #403 on: April 12, 2023, 09:43:27 AM »
When I first got into edibles, cannabis was still illegal in IL so I got them from a guy in the band who was connected.  10mg gummies.  He asked me if I'd ever done edibles before, and I hadn't so he got this very serious, big-brother voice and said "Okay, you take one.  ONE!  You wait an hour.  You might start feeling it in five or ten minutes, maybe more like 15 to 30, but in any event you wait at least an hour the first time because you don't know how it will affect you.  If, after an hour, you feel like you could do another, that's up to you."

I went home and since it was a Saturday afternoon, I took one.  Half an hour later, I was trying to find something to watch on TV, and I realized I had been trying to find something to watch on TV for a while.  The remote has all these buttons, you see, and it can be confusing.  Same remote I've had for years, but still...  And hey, what's this button?  I've never noticed that one before...  And fuck, there's all these fucking channels.  How can anyone decide?  I don't remember much about the next three or four hours other than that it was amazing but also disconcerting, and I have never felt the need to to do more than 10mg.  Five and I'm pretty stoned, 2.5 is a nice buzz.  10 is only for when no one else is home and I have the TV and stereo to myself.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #404 on: April 12, 2023, 10:28:05 AM »
I actually made my best ever tiktok (1.3M views) while gaming on a edible  :lol

That's awesome

I've had some of my most profound, life changing thoughts on edibles  :tup

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #405 on: April 12, 2023, 10:30:01 AM »
I actually made my best ever tiktok (1.3M views) while gaming on a edible  :lol

That's awesome

I've had some of my most profound, life changing thoughts on edibles  :tup

I don't know what it is, but my friend and I called it "magical moments" and it only seemed to happen when we were high, that certain things would happen that you'd never notice or never realize or maybe just never actually happen when you aren't in that state of mind  :lol

Offline Awaken

« Reply #406 on: April 12, 2023, 10:47:38 AM »
When I first got into edibles, cannabis was still illegal in IL so I got them from a guy in the band who was connected.  10mg gummies.  He asked me if I'd ever done edibles before, and I hadn't so he got this very serious, big-brother voice and said "Okay, you take one.  ONE!  You wait an hour.  You might start feeling it in five or ten minutes, maybe more like 15 to 30, but in any event you wait at least an hour the first time because you don't know how it will affect you.  If, after an hour, you feel like you could do another, that's up to you."

I went home and since it was a Saturday afternoon, I took one.  Half an hour later, I was trying to find something to watch on TV, and I realized I had been trying to find something to watch on TV for a while.  The remote has all these buttons, you see, and it can be confusing.  Same remote I've had for years, but still...  And hey, what's this button?  I've never noticed that one before...  And fuck, there's all these fucking channels.  How can anyone decide?  I don't remember much about the next three or four hours other than that it was amazing but also disconcerting, and I have never felt the need to to do more than 10mg.  Five and I'm pretty stoned, 2.5 is a nice buzz.  10 is only for when no one else is home and I have the TV and stereo to myself.

:lol

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #407 on: April 13, 2023, 07:01:41 AM »
I'm like in the middle.

5mg isn't enough and 100mg I wouldn't take if you paid me. 20mg is just right and that's someone that uses around 2-3 times a week.

30 for me is the sweet spot. It's usually what I take on the weekends.

I can still pretty much function normally at 100mg, but I'll have absolutely no desire to.  I usually won't do an edible unless I know I'm in the house for the night and can go to bed once the high has passed.

Man I have some 100s laying around I take every once in a while and with those i frequently forget how to walk and the stairs in my house intimidate me :lol

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #408 on: April 16, 2023, 09:23:46 AM »
Forgive me for sounding dumb as shit, but I seriously just figured out that old movies that I used to love, but have seen too many times become brand new again when High as shit.  :lol

LOVE IT

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #409 on: April 27, 2023, 04:34:47 PM »
Made another batch of my peanut butter cookies last night.

I used a half ounce of high quality bud and 3/4 cup butter.  I think last time I did half ounce with 1 cup butter so this butter was a bit more potent.

The results is 35 cookies.  I ate one and was in a very good place.  While the cookies don't look as good as the first two batches we tried, this one may be the most potent.  And yet, the cookies taste nothing like marijuana (although the house smelled during the process) and actually are delicious.  Very happy with the result this time. Going to take a couple with me to Aruba next week for vacation.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #410 on: April 28, 2023, 03:26:10 PM »
That’s awesome cram

For the amount that i love edibles, i really should start baking  :lol

Is it all that hard?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 08:31:49 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #411 on: April 29, 2023, 07:22:52 AM »
I remember trying baking a few times and my place REEKED of weed. I very much fucked it up.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #412 on: April 29, 2023, 09:03:08 AM »
I remember trying baking a few times and my place REEKED of weed. I very much fucked it up.

Yeah, that's what's gonna happen at my place  :lol

But with the price of flower being so much more affordable than pre filled capsules, I wouldn't mind getting into baking my own edibles.

I finally found out how to get Sativa edibles to really work as mental health medicine for myself, so I would like to have as much around as possible going forward.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #413 on: April 29, 2023, 01:08:12 PM »

Yeah, it'll stink up the kitchen and more for sure.

That’s awesome cram

For the amount that i love edibles, i really should start baking  :lol

Is it all that hard?

It's not hard but it is a fairly long process.  I was very cautious for my first many tries because if I fucked up, I knew I would have wasted a good amount of quality bud.  But I follow his process and have only had success making the butter this way.  https://www.leafly.com/learn/consume/edibles/how-to-make-cannabutter  The only issue really is dosing.  I used half a cup of grinded marijuana to 3/4 cup of butter for this latest batch.  Previously I used a half cup weed to 1 cup of butter. 

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #414 on: April 29, 2023, 02:43:42 PM »
Sweet

Thanks cram

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #415 on: April 29, 2023, 02:53:39 PM »
My brother in law's son took the cover photo of the May 2023 issue.

We were over there this afternoon and my BiL had it in a frame.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #416 on: April 29, 2023, 03:33:30 PM »
Very cool.. Does high times still do the centerfold? I had those all over my walls in college

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #417 on: April 30, 2023, 11:15:34 AM »
This Minnesota lawmaker is rolling some fucking fatties...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1652045992030511108

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #418 on: April 30, 2023, 11:37:11 AM »
"Just two ounces is equivalent to three joints" - WTF?

On the other hand, back in old days, I might have said "Challenge accepted!"

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #419 on: April 30, 2023, 01:59:46 PM »
"Just two ounces is equivalent to three joints" - WTF?

On the other hand, back in old days, I might have said "Challenge accepted!"

18 grams per, that's a straight up godfather blunt.