Author Topic: The Cannabis Thread v. Let's behave  (Read 24638 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: The Cannabis Thread v. Let's behave
« Reply #175 on: June 15, 2022, 08:07:45 AM »
Sick. CT's first recreational shops were due to open this month. I'm doubtful we'll see them this year.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #176 on: June 15, 2022, 08:35:38 AM »
4 years post-legalization in Canada and we have (at least in Edmonton, Alberta) as many pot shops as liquor stores. There's 5 in my neighborhood alone, and more pop up every year. I can't imagine the market can handle this level of saturation.

Just checked the ol' google maps, and there's a direct 1 to 1 ratio of liquor stores to cannabis stores in my neighborhood. Often in the same retail strip  :rollin

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #177 on: June 15, 2022, 08:37:24 AM »
That sucks, and my understanding from reading an article is that NJ's prices are going up (well, everything is, but not directly related to inflation, but demand). I want to check it out, but I feel like I am unlikely to buy much at all.  I've been smoking a bit more than usual lately, since NJ/NY is legal although not in public, concert venues don't seem to care if you light up in the smoking section so I've been rolling J's like crazy for these concerts.  It's turning into an expensive habit, but man, I smoked a J before Symphony X's set last weekend and it just elevated the show for me. 

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #178 on: June 15, 2022, 08:40:42 AM »
Cram, when going through concert security, did they say anything about the weed? Did you bring in it in concealed?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #179 on: June 15, 2022, 08:49:25 AM »
Cram, when going through concert security, did they say anything about the weed? Did you bring in it in concealed?

I just put it in my pocket and dont tell them.  Its not metal.  They see my lighter and vape pen, that's usually allowed.  Some venues in NYC however do not allow either a vape or lighter in.  (barclays center, hammerstein ballroom). 

Sometimes if I go with my gf, she puts the Js in her pocket book thingy.  Funny, in Vegas they thoroughly searched her bag and found the Js, they said it was OK  :lol and even though that was an indoor concert, we lit up indoors as it was a 311 show and everyone else was too.  Place was a cloud of smoke. Don't believe me, here's a clip of Who's Got the Herb  :metal https://twitter.com/Cramx3/status/1502794059286339584

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #180 on: June 15, 2022, 10:20:33 AM »
That's good to know. Any concert I go to in future, I'm definitely bringing stuff.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #181 on: June 21, 2022, 05:57:15 PM »
My Grandfather has a lot of health issues. Insomnia, anxiety, pain and so forth.

Today was the first day in 80 years that he said he wanted to give weed a shot. I hooked him up with a Bottle of 5mg Hybrid edibles as well as a bottle of CBD if he wanted to use that as well.

I gave him the whole run down of Low and slow and how to safely enjoy. So I am eagerly awaiting his opinion. I just want him to feel better.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #182 on: June 22, 2022, 06:27:34 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that about your grandfather but I'm hoping he can get a little bit of relief. Let us know what he thinks!

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #183 on: June 22, 2022, 07:39:04 AM »
My Grandfather has a lot of health issues. Insomnia, anxiety, pain and so forth.

Today was the first day in 80 years that he said he wanted to give weed a shot. I hooked him up with a Bottle of 5mg Hybrid edibles as well as a bottle of CBD if he wanted to use that as well.

I gave him the whole run down of Low and slow and how to safely enjoy. So I am eagerly awaiting his opinion. I just want him to feel better.

Lots of older people in my circle have started using as well. Mostly at night and for bed. Vape pens are very popular among my friends' parents. The hybrid edibles are a good place to start. I hope he only starts with one!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #184 on: June 22, 2022, 08:15:16 AM »
Funny enough, my gf's parents are pretty anti-marijuana but her mom has recently expressed interest in a sleep aid type of edible that I've seen before (low grade thc/cbd mixture with melatonin).  Which speaking of, I had a strong edible last night and I had the best sleep I've had in weeks after the effects wore off.  I feel so much more alive today.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #185 on: July 13, 2022, 08:20:54 AM »
Made my first trip to a recreational dispensary in NJ this morning.

So I had been doing some research lately on the few recreational dispensaries that are open now in NJ.  There's around 12 if I recall (weedmaps is not up to date on this btw).  The ones closest to where I live (about 20-30 minutes away) all had bad reviews of very long waits (90 minutes was normal for one location!) and also limited options with high prices.  I found that the Rise shops in northern NJ had significantly better reviews and their menus, while limited, felt more like dispensaries I had been to out west.  So I went to the Bloomfield Rise before work today.  It was completely empty which was perfect.  In and out quickly.  The prices are definitely high, but seemed comparable to my last dispensary experience in Las Vegas and a past experience in a Boston dispensary.  I bought two different 8ths of strains.  One was 45, the other 55.  So after 90 total, it came out to $108 with taxes.  That's what gets you.  $90 for a high quality quarter isn't terrible pricing alone.  Well, I guess quality will be determined tonight, but I have to assume this is grade A bud based on what I saw when ordering. 

But overall, considering how new this all is here, the experience wasn't as bad as I expected.  If the weed is good, I expect I'll be back.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #186 on: July 13, 2022, 10:23:57 AM »
There is a "weedmaps" app.  I love that (no sarcasm).

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #187 on: July 13, 2022, 10:25:04 AM »
Yeah, and it seems to be updated by stoners. I've found it to be inaccurate and unreliable.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #188 on: July 13, 2022, 10:45:37 AM »
Yeah, and it seems to be updated by stoners. I've found it to be inaccurate and unreliable.  :lol

Would you expect anything different?  Does it include local dealers?  "This guy Sam with some killer bud.  0.7 miles." 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #189 on: July 13, 2022, 10:49:50 AM »

I used it many times in LA to great results (finding underground shops with significantly cheaper product) but in NJ it's not too helpful at the moment.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #190 on: July 13, 2022, 01:45:56 PM »

Would you expect anything different?  Does it include local dealers?  "This guy Sam with some killer bud.  0.7 miles."
Nah, they're all advertising on Craigslist nowadays.  :lol

I used it many times in LA to great results (finding underground shops with significantly cheaper product) but in NJ it's not too helpful at the moment.

I looked into it when I was up there for TA and found it to be mostly worthless. However, NE is certainly a dynamic scene right now when comapred to established states like CA and WA.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Harmony

« Reply #191 on: July 13, 2022, 02:41:50 PM »
I was always partial to Leafly for cannabis info and dispensary locations.  Sometimes I just like to look through photos and laugh at the strain names.   :lol
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #192 on: July 13, 2022, 02:47:18 PM »
I was always partial to Leafly for cannabis info and dispensary locations.  Sometimes I just like to look through photos and laugh at the strain names.   :lol

:lol here's the two strains I picked up today:

Frosted Melon Gelato
Runtz Muffin

and I have to admit, the gelato got me a bit by the name (granted, I sorted by hybrids (because they only had one pure sativa that had no reviews and very low THC), THC %, and reviews so it was within my parameters)

Offline Harmony

« Reply #193 on: July 13, 2022, 02:51:12 PM »

Frosted Melon Gelato
Runtz Muffin

and I have to admit, the gelato got me a bit by the name (granted, I sorted by hybrids (because they only had one pure sativa that had no reviews and very low THC), THC %, and reviews so it was within my parameters)

LoL - I read these names and think, "Who the fuck came up with THAT?!?" and then I remember we are talking about stoners so... :lol
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #194 on: July 13, 2022, 03:27:53 PM »

Frosted Melon Gelato
Runtz Muffin

I had some Runtz Muffin not too long ago. Good, but nothing to write home about.
E.F. Benson

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #196 on: July 15, 2022, 02:54:58 PM »
Tried some good stuff today.

So my dispensary had these new water soluble "Nano" formulation edible capsules so I wanted to check them out. One thing that is really nice, is rather than an hour onset, I was at peak feeling around 30mins, and the whole thing was done in a hour. Not bad.

Then for the first time in like 2 years I got a sativa vape pen (moby dick strain). Did a 5 second deep drag and boom, I was on the moon. I forgot how wildly fast inhalation was. Oh man, what a rush. Unfortunately, as I remembered, the inhalation doesn't agree with my throat or lungs, so I'll stick to edibles. But it was an awesome day none the less.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #197 on: July 21, 2022, 05:04:49 PM »
My mom has started taking tinctures before bed to help her sleep. They're doing her wonders. However, one bottle ran her like $80. I told her I'd hook her up.

I just tried a couple drops of it, and I think I'm ripped. It's only been like 10 minutes and I've never done tincture before, so idk.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #198 on: July 21, 2022, 09:08:16 PM »
Interesting.  I've seen them for sale on the site where i source my bud and edibles, but wasn't sure about them. What's the verdict hours later?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #199 on: July 22, 2022, 05:51:32 AM »
I took a good amount before bed and slept through my alarm this morning.. which is something I haven't done since college. So that's something  :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #200 on: July 22, 2022, 07:54:58 AM »
Damn, that must be potent.  I tried a tincture once before, but I think I'd need to try it again to really form an opinion since that was so long ago.  I do recall it hits you a lot quicker than an edible.

Offline Awaken

« Reply #201 on: July 26, 2022, 01:52:04 PM »
My mom has started taking tinctures before bed to help her sleep. They're doing her wonders. However, one bottle ran her like $80. I told her I'd hook her up.

I just tried a couple drops of it, and I think I'm ripped. It's only been like 10 minutes and I've never done tincture before, so idk.

Tinctures are so expensive, I've never bothered to try them because of the cost.  5mg edibles are just so perfect (to me) for a bit of a change in mindset, but not so overboard that I forget where I am.  I may pick up a bottle next time I'm in Springfield just to try it out.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #202 on: July 26, 2022, 02:14:55 PM »
So why are they so expensive?  Because it takes less time to kick in than regular edibles?  Sorry, I'm a flower guy (instant gratification).  Don't know much about oils or other edibles.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #203 on: July 26, 2022, 02:36:04 PM »
So why are they so expensive?  Because it takes less time to kick in than regular edibles?  Sorry, I'm a flower guy (instant gratification).  Don't know much about oils or other edibles.

Lots of people want the benefits of cannabis without having to inhale something. Edibles are pretty common on the black market, but tinctures are harder to come by. Between the low supply of tincture and the laborious process of making it at scale, it commands a premium. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #204 on: July 26, 2022, 04:06:36 PM »
Must say, I bought and smoked the worst joint ever tonight in Amsterdam.  What a waste of 8 euros  :lol It was so poorly rolled and only felt half full.  The weed only got me a mild high without much flavor.  I've been to this coffeeshop many times and never had such a poor joint.  But compared to the legal shops in the US, these coffee shops don't feel like such an interesting thing anymore.  The one near my hotel doesn't offer inside smoking anymore either.  Maybe covid related, but I think the public smoking area inside the coffeeshops was always the best part because that's something you still can't do (for the most part) in the US.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #205 on: July 27, 2022, 08:47:30 AM »

Lots of people want the benefits of cannabis without having to inhale something. Edibles are pretty common on the black market, but tinctures are harder to come by. Between the low supply of tincture and the laborious process of making it at scale, it commands a premium.

Ok, but what's the difference between edibles and tinctures?
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #206 on: July 27, 2022, 08:58:32 AM »

Edibles go through your gut and take some time to kick in (hour+ in a lot of cases). Your body has to metabolize it. They can also be hard to eat for medical patients that can't keep food down, and sometimes people watching their health don't want a cookie or brownie a few times a day. Tinctures get dropped under your tongue and kick in in minutes.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #207 on: July 27, 2022, 09:41:14 AM »

Edibles go through your gut and take some time to kick in (hour+ in a lot of cases). Your body has to metabolize it. They can also be hard to eat for medical patients that can't keep food down, and sometimes people watching their health don't want a cookie or brownie a few times a day. Tinctures get dropped under your tongue and kick in in minutes.
Same sort of full-body high you get from edibles? I'd imagine that it is, which is what I never liked about them.
E.F. Benson

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #208 on: July 27, 2022, 10:02:00 AM »

Same sort of full-body high you get from edibles? I'd imagine that it is, which is what I never liked about them.

I can't really say. The batch I made was over-decarbed. You normally do that part of the process for 40-60 minutes, but I went for about 90-95. I was hoping to create a lot of CBN as I was trying to make a sleep aid. They put me into a legit coma. I get high for a little bit, and then I'm out cold for a while.

For what it's worth, the stoned feeling I did experience didn't feel full-body like edible, but I was still glued to my chair. I had no really desire to be up and about. Again though, that could be due to how I made the final product. 

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #209 on: July 27, 2022, 10:16:34 AM »
Going under the tongue goes strait into the blood stream so it doesn't have as much of a chance for the liver to convert it into the stronger more psychoactive form where as an edible has no choice but to go through the liver before entering the bloodstream.

I've never been able to the get the sublingual technique down, so I just swallow the tincture liquid and in that case if works just like any other edible and if you take enough you will get the full body high.