Author Topic: The Cannabis Thread v. Let's behave  (Read 24181 times)

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Re: The Cannabis Thread v. Let's behave
« Reply #105 on: April 06, 2022, 01:34:29 PM »
If you want to be safe about, just grow it yourself. That's the only safest way to know what your smoking isn't laced with stuff or using any chemicals.

It's akin to people growing their own foods to not want the pesticides that are on the produce at the grocery store.

But a bit of research is what you can also do when choosing a place to buy. Ask them where they get their supply, what goes into the soil during the growing process, they will tell you and you can even look up the supplier, if you so desire.

Most of the people I bought my stuff from would grow it themselves, or knew others that grew it. One knew when his product was shit and would discount it because it wasn't that great.

The other one went even further into the business aspect and started knowing people who knew how to grow, how to make cartridges, and they even made their own hash balls.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #106 on: April 06, 2022, 01:39:18 PM »
I eat way worse stuff than what my marijuana is grown in.  I'm personally not worried a single bit.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #107 on: April 06, 2022, 02:29:56 PM »
We're allowed to grow up to 3 or 4 plants (can't remember which) if we want, but it seems like too much of a hassle. My friend grows some in a fancy tent setup he got for $1500, but honestly the product isn't great. I'd rather just pay.
Practice, practice, practice. As somebody who calls himself SchecterShredder can surely appreciate, it takes time to hone your craft, which is really what we're talking about here. Once you get the hang of what you're doing you can definitely grow some excellent bud. And again hearkening back to your handle, if it's an art you can appreciate, the work you put into mastery can certainly be enjoyable.

That said, it really can be a pain in the ass. If you'd rather pay somebody else to do it I can't really blame you.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2022, 02:55:29 PM »
To me, it's not different than growing your own veggies.  It's possible and if you got the set up, could be relatively easy to keep it going.... but it's work and it's a passion.  And for the same reasons why I don't have a garden, it's not something I'm interested in.  Having said that, if it were legal in NJ to have some plants.  I'd totally throw some seeds in the yard and see what happens.  Worse case is nothing happens, best case I have some bud that I can use to cook with.  Speaking of which, I  still have 9 of my peanut butter cookies from a bit ago.  I may eat 3/4 of one tonight. I grabbed some more edibles from my dealer, great deal of 200MG chocolates for $15 but it's no where close to the bang for buck I got out of those homemade cookies. I really wish edibles were super cheap because it's such an enjoyable and relaxing evening when I down 100MG. 

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2022, 03:08:27 PM »
We're allowed to grow up to 3 or 4 plants (can't remember which) if we want, but it seems like too much of a hassle. My friend grows some in a fancy tent setup he got for $1500, but honestly the product isn't great. I'd rather just pay.
Practice, practice, practice. As somebody who calls himself SchecterShredder can surely appreciate, it takes time to hone your craft, which is really what we're talking about here. Once you get the hang of what you're doing you can definitely grow some excellent bud. And again hearkening back to your handle, if it's an art you can appreciate, the work you put into mastery can certainly be enjoyable.

That said, it really can be a pain in the ass. If you'd rather pay somebody else to do it I can't really blame you.
No doubt i could make it work with time, research and effort.  But then i wouldn't be able to shred so much   ;D

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2022, 06:36:50 AM »
I was thinking about getting one of these LED corner lights to liven up my sessions.

For a gift I got a bunch of Philips Hue lights that I have in my office where I listen to music. It's awesome to have some music playing with the lights changing to what's happening.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2022, 07:56:33 AM »
I find growing to be super easy. Between electricity and nutrients, I spend sub $200 a month for basically more weed and edibles than I know what to do with. I'm slowly converting my setup to DWC only, and I couldn't be more excited to be getting away from soil (one less expense). I could pay way more attention to my grows and really fill up my grow spaces, but my yields are fine where they're at. I have an awesome balance between time as an input and cannabis as an output.

My bud won't win any competitions, but it does everything I need it to with no complaints. I spend maybe 15 minutes at most tending to my plants these days. With the DWC setup, I need to set aside 20ish minutes a week to do a water change, but that's no big deal. I have a TV in my grow room and just put on a show while I do it.

Though the state laws are kind of dumb in how they define a plant. You can only have 6 plants per adult in the house, and I take more clones than that every time I do that process. I exceed the legal limit in just clones, even though when I cut them I know only 25% of them will end up being grown through flower (I take a bunch of clones and decide after a few weeks which ones are going to be grown to completion).

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #112 on: April 07, 2022, 08:18:06 AM »
I eat way worse stuff than what my marijuana is grown in.  I'm personally not worried a single bit.

Right? Just by consuming alcohol, you're already consuming one of the most harmful things for your body.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #113 on: April 07, 2022, 08:28:02 AM »
Picked up some stuff called Black Jack and Skywalker.  :hat  :omg: :2metal:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #114 on: April 07, 2022, 08:36:37 AM »

The plant I have to the left is called "Skywalker OG" (The right one is "wedding cake"). I wonder if it's the same strain. She just started budding. This is my first go at both DWC and auto flowers. I'm never going back to soil and photos.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 10:09:29 AM by Chino »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #115 on: April 07, 2022, 09:09:30 AM »
I'm pretty sure I've had wedding cake before and heard of Skywalker.

The stuff I just got is called Sunday Driver.  Looks great, but I had an edible last night so sampling the flower will be after work today. 

I do love going to leafly.com and checking out the details of whatever strain I just got.  My dealer usually has a few options but often doesn't even know which are sativas/indicas/hybrids so I usually just grab what I think looks the best and look it up after the fact.  Sunday Driver is a hybrid for example. 

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #116 on: April 07, 2022, 09:42:54 AM »
Its so wild how the different strains have their different effects.

Where as a sativa rocks my world all day, an indica will bum me out sometimes or at the very least have more a somber, cloudy day kind of feel. I have liked hybrids though.

And I agree about leafy, its so interesting the breakdowns of the different strains.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #117 on: April 07, 2022, 09:45:27 AM »
On that subject, we do keep a naxalone kit in our house. They reverse OD's, and are freely given out in pharmacies here. Apparently they're restricted in most of the US, which is absolutely absurd given how rampant fentanyl deaths are.

On this topic, Jon Oliver did a piece last week, that like most, are worth 20 minutes of your time if interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pdPrQFjo2o
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2022, 09:49:36 AM »
The online source I order from lets me filter by strain and potency. The majority are hybrids, but there's lots of indica and sativas too. We prefer sativas in this house. Indica just makes me sleepy. I knowing the strain so I can track which ones we like most, although most of the time we're limited to a small selection since we buy from the 'budget bulk' category whenever possible (prices as low as $300 for 1/2 lb bag). We also order our edibles from there, and they're absolutely fantastic. I find the dispensary edibles to be really expensive, and the potency is so low you need to eat a whole package just to get any feeling at all ($25 for a 25mg pack of chocolates vs. ~$2 per 80mg chocolate from the black market).

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #119 on: April 07, 2022, 10:15:53 AM »
Damn, and I thought the price of ~ 13mg per $1 was a great deal from my dealer.  The costs of edibles at a dispensary are just outrageous for me.  I think after taxes it was around $40 for 100mg pack at the Las Vegas dispensary I went to last month.  Even at $20 for 100mg which I've seen before in Denver, it's still really outrageous for me. 

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2022, 10:26:19 AM »

The plant I have to the left is called "Skywalker OG" (The right one is "wedding cake"). I wonder if it's the same strain. She just started budding. This is my first go at both DWC and auto flowers. I'm never going back to soil and photos.

Yes, Skywalker OG.  What does the OG stand for?  Haven't had wedding cake, but did try some stuff called strawberry short cake a while back.  Been trying a lot of different stuff lately.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #121 on: April 07, 2022, 11:45:14 AM »

Yes, Skywalker OG.  What does the OG stand for?  Haven't had wedding cake, but did try some stuff called strawberry short cake a while back.  Been trying a lot of different stuff lately.
Probably original gangster, as you'd expect. OG Kush has been around since the 90s, and has been crossbred with pert near everything. My hunch is that OG Skywalker has a significant OG Kush lineage. I don't know as it'd qualify as a primordial strain, but it's definitely one of the granddaddies.

Not familiar with Skywalker, but I've got some Wedding Cake at home. It's alright, but not as good as the rumours had led me to believe. However, I'm a poor test subject for these sorts of things.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #122 on: April 07, 2022, 12:10:52 PM »
On that subject, we do keep a naxalone kit in our house. They reverse OD's, and are freely given out in pharmacies here. Apparently they're restricted in most of the US, which is absolutely absurd given how rampant fentanyl deaths are.

On this topic, Jon Oliver did a piece last week, that like most, are worth 20 minutes of your time if interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pdPrQFjo2o

That episode is exactly where I found out about the US restriction lol.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2022, 02:55:13 PM »
NJ's recreational sales may start VERY soon, possibly even on Monday https://newjersey.news12.com/new-jersey-s-marijuana-businesses-wait-on-word-for-when-sales-can-begin?fbclid=IwAR2qGpVjJesAtKji4bPOzHXXNnRkggw5nVC6egghhP2kjtHjRixVLVs_8v0

Kind of sucks that it's only going to be 7 stores in the whole state. Going to be long lines for awhile and since it's only the medical dispensaries that can sell for now, I bet it'll be VERY expensive too. Good thing I'm stocked up for a few months to let things die down before I even attempt to legally make a purchase.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2022, 03:25:57 PM »
They tax the shit out of recreational purchases.  I was also talking to a guy at the dispensary near me and he said ever since recreational sales became legal, the quality has taken a drop off.  Makes sense.  Higher demand, less quality.  That's usually how things work until the supply can catch up.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2022, 07:37:25 PM »
I bought me a shake box and put a mason jar's worth of trimming through it. This was the result. I have two more jars left  :hat

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2022, 08:23:59 PM »
Wow Chino  :tup

In other news, my grandfather lives in NJ and suffers from:

1. Depression
2. Physical pain and aches
3. Insomnia
4. anxiety
5. lack of appetite

He has never used before, but has seen how well it has helped me. I offered to help him get a card, I offered to even strait up give him stuff and all of which was unsuccessful. He said today that now that he can just walk into a store and buy it, he might finally try it. I'm like please do.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #127 on: April 16, 2022, 07:25:31 AM »
I've heard that same story so many times. I'm glad people are finding their ways to the benefits like that. I'm seeing it in my parents' age bracket/circle often. Lots have taken to the vape pens for a night cap.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #128 on: April 16, 2022, 10:57:50 AM »
I've noticed here that there were a lot of people about 55+ that were buying and trying for their first time. One person said they always wanted to, but didn't know where to ask and didn't want to just ask some random person in the streets.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2022, 06:32:21 PM »
NJ's recreational sales may start VERY soon, possibly even on Monday https://newjersey.news12.com/new-jersey-s-marijuana-businesses-wait-on-word-for-when-sales-can-begin?fbclid=IwAR2qGpVjJesAtKji4bPOzHXXNnRkggw5nVC6egghhP2kjtHjRixVLVs_8v0

Kind of sucks that it's only going to be 7 stores in the whole state. Going to be long lines for awhile and since it's only the medical dispensaries that can sell for now, I bet it'll be VERY expensive too. Good thing I'm stocked up for a few months to let things die down before I even attempt to legally make a purchase.
Part of me is annoyed that they were a week too late for me. At the same time, after learning how liquor sales work up here, I'm amazed it's even happening at all and it damn sure won't be affordable. From what I can tell NJ is pretty likely to seriously fuck this whole thing up.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2022, 07:59:09 AM »

Part of me is annoyed that they were a week too late for me. At the same time, after learning how liquor sales work up here, I'm amazed it's even happening at all and it damn sure won't be affordable. From what I can tell NJ is pretty likely to seriously fuck this whole thing up.

They already fucked this up by starting sales on the 21st and not on 4/20  :rollin 

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2022, 09:14:58 AM »

They already fucked this up by starting sales on the 21st and not on 4/20  :rollin

I know right,  :lol

Anyway, yesterday I got nice and effed up on sativa edibles. It got a little quasi psychedelic, and I love when it goes in that direction. Listened to The Beatles and David bowie and it was rad. I was in heaven eating haagen daz vanilla bean ice cream covered in rainbow sprinkles.

Random thought, and I don't know if anyone else feels this way. But when I get high, it makes me feel like how childhood felt like. Like I'm a little kid again and its a nice warm spring day. There's no pain, no sadness, no fear. Just joy and optimism. Simple things that seem jaded in adult life, I look at again with a child like wonder and awe. I truly love it.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2022, 09:20:35 AM »
I don't think I ever thought I felt like a child again, but I do agree about the feelings of joy and optimism.  Also seeing things in a different light. 

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #133 on: April 19, 2022, 10:05:47 AM »
Just saying hi from my flower tent!

Happy for you and Jersey, Cram!

Offline Awaken

« Reply #134 on: April 20, 2022, 03:09:00 AM »
Just saying hi from my flower tent!

Happy for you and Jersey, Cram!

Looking like they're off to a great start!  I'm going to give this a shot a bit later in life.  Things are just too busy right now to entertain dedicating the time and space required.  But I've always wanted to take this up as a hobby.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #135 on: April 20, 2022, 07:25:51 AM »
Damn Chino, that looks like a professional grow operation  :tup

Also, Happy 420 everyone  :metal

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #136 on: April 20, 2022, 07:36:28 AM »
Happy 420 stoners.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #137 on: April 20, 2022, 07:49:15 AM »
Those plants do look awesome!

Happy 4/20

In Call of Duty they just released a Snoop Dogg bundle, you can play as Snoop Dogg in the game, smoke a blunt with an emote, and if you use the weapon bluerints, the guns shoot a marijuana plant art onto whatever you hit :lol it might be the first time I actually buy one of these bundles in game. 

Offline Skeever

« Reply #138 on: May 11, 2022, 03:03:33 PM »

Right? Just by consuming alcohol, you're already consuming one of the most harmful things for your body.

I'm not a huge drinker by any stretch, but this has come up a few times especially given the legalized status currently active in my state.
Currently, I usually drink a drink or two a week - generally, a pretty stiff one, on a saturday night, while watching a movie or some anime and just decompressing from the week. So, it seems like a no-brainer - why not switch to the less harmful thing?

For me, it  just comes down to booze being the devil I know. I've never tried THC. I have a young child at home. I can let loose, a little bit, but I can't be a complete n00b with a new substance, at least not now. So, maybe, one day I will try it. But I suspect there will be kind of an initiation period of not knowing how to use it, using it awkwardly, and not knowing my limits, and I'm just not in the place of life right now where I can entertain that. I don't think there's anything wrong with partaking responsibly when you have kids, but I suspect most who do learned how to be responsible long before kids came along.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #139 on: May 11, 2022, 03:14:00 PM »
That's a reasonable approach.  Nothing wrong with that. In fact, admirable to not want to buy stoned in front of your children  :lol But maybe there will be a time and place where you can test the waters. 

My gf never smoked marijuana... until she met me.  She's been at times in that awkward state of not knowing what to do (even if I help her) and not knowing if she's feeling anything (likely due to not inhaling) but she's done it enough now to have a good idea on how to hit a bowl and how to know when you start feeling it and what that feeling is like.  It didn't take long, but definitely helps having someone guide you and be with you just in case you get uncomfortable.

I did end up giving her a small bite of one of my cookies and she did say she did not have a good time from that, I can't believe that one small bite was too much for her, but then again my cookies will put you on another planet it seems.