Author Topic: The Cannabis Thread v. Let's behave  (Read 24732 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Cannabis Thread v. Let's behave
« Reply #420 on: April 30, 2023, 02:50:55 PM »
 :lol

Usually they are 1G at a dispensary, but sometimes you can get them smaller. Anything larger is something out of a movie.

Personally, I use cones and don't measure but since I never fill them up, my js are likely closer to 1/3 to 1/2 a gram. I have one ready for the Spiritbox concert tonight  :hat I do love how in NY/NJ when you go to a concert you can step outside and light up, security stopped caring some time ago and even at the previous most strict venues, you can light up without fear.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #421 on: April 30, 2023, 03:22:31 PM »

Usually they are 1G at a dispensary, but sometimes you can get them smaller. Anything larger is something out of a movie.

Personally, I use cones and don't measure but since I never fill them up, my js are likely closer to 1/3 to 1/2 a gram. I have one ready for the Spiritbox concert tonight  :hat I do love how in NY/NJ when you go to a concert you can step outside and light up, security stopped caring some time ago and even at the previous most strict venues, you can light up without fear.

On the streets of Berkeley you only get fined if you're smoking tobacco  :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #422 on: April 30, 2023, 03:25:21 PM »

On the streets of Berkeley you only get fined if you're smoking tobacco  :lol

Oh I'm sure. I will say, since legalization, if you just walk the streets of NYC you will smell it. I'm just more happy that concert venues usually are hands off regarding it as long as you are outside.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #423 on: April 30, 2023, 08:12:57 PM »
Regarding concerts, the capsules are absurdly easy and discreet to bring into a concert and consume  ;D

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #424 on: May 01, 2023, 05:58:00 AM »
That trichome photo is incredible.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #425 on: May 01, 2023, 09:00:32 AM »
High as fuck right now jamming out to the dead  :metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INzyBz1Ts1s&ab_channel=GratefulDead

Grateful Dead - Help On The Way / Slipknot! / Franklin's Tower (Washington, DC 6/14/91)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #426 on: May 05, 2023, 12:36:45 PM »
This Minnesota lawmaker is rolling some fucking fatties...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1652045992030511108

This is probably pretty close to 2oz for 3 joints. And it took Tommy Chong to do it.  :lol

https://youtu.be/Dzod7gvp9HQ?t=107
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #427 on: May 11, 2023, 09:58:26 AM »
When your so high, the eggos taste like filet mignon   :metal

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #428 on: May 11, 2023, 09:59:14 AM »
The best is when you're so stoned you laugh about how stoned you are.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #429 on: May 11, 2023, 12:14:07 PM »
Damn, definitely miss the inherent stupidity of being stoned, it's like taking a break from thinking (kind of the point, right?) :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #430 on: May 11, 2023, 12:58:09 PM »
The best is when you're so stoned you laugh about how stoned you are.  :lol

It's not often I get the giggles these days, but when I do, it's fantastic.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #431 on: May 11, 2023, 01:13:41 PM »
I haven't gotten the giggles from cannabis in ages, but shrooms get those going for me like there's no tomorrow.   

V and I recently watched The Wizard of Oz on them and had to quit before they even started their way down the yellow brick road. We started hypothesizing how the munchkins appear to be so well funded and what their main exports were, and we just couldn't keep it together. We tried to bring it back to center for like a half hour before throwing in the towel.   

Then the room turned purple and collapsed in on itself.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #432 on: May 22, 2023, 03:56:36 PM »
Great day today.

My 73 year old aunt was having trouble with anxiety and today I helped her through the entire process of getting a medical marijuana card. She tried a 5mg sativa capsule and got a lot of relief from it, so that led her to ask me to help her get the card. 

So I am very happy.

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #433 on: August 22, 2023, 05:58:59 AM »
Not cannabis, but close enough for the thread. You won't see a more wholesome video today than this delightful 1950s housewife tripping balls on LSD. I've never tried LSD and likely never will (too scared; I've been given to believe my generally negative character would take me to some dark places), but watching this charming woman have an awe-inspiring and life-altering experience put a big smile on my face. Tangerine trees and marmalade skies start about a minute 40 in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si-jQeWSDKc

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #434 on: August 22, 2023, 09:20:33 AM »
I find the life altering stuff to be really interesting when it comes to some of these psychedlics. 

I haven't had any personal experiences but recently was in place to consume acid or shrooms.  I declined.  I find the stuff interesting to hear about and learn about people's experiences, but I haven't found any personal reason to really engage besides maybe a microdose to "feel good" but even then, I still feel pretty damn good after smoking a J so

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #435 on: August 22, 2023, 10:40:48 AM »
LSD is completely different from just feeling good.  It's reality altering.  I've never "fully hallucinated" (seen things that were not there) but I've had several instances of "visual effects".  Mostly low-to-medium level effects, like walls and surfaces seeming to move and breathe, clouds wavering and slow-dancing in the sky, that kind of thing.  No purple dragons or anything.  Possibly the more important effect is that everything seems "amplified".  This I suppose to similar to the feel-good thing, but it goes beyond that.  Everything is brighter, more vibrant.  Sounds aren't louder, but seem more distinct.  You walk around and everything just seems really cool, really amazing (some theorize that this is because you've become a lot stupider, so in a relative way, everything is much cooler and amazing).  Tripping IMO should only ever be done either alone, or in the company of people you trust 100%.  It's really easy to fuck with someone on LSD, and it's also pretty easy to get a bad reaction, or so I've heard.  I suppose I've had the good fortune of doing it many times but always in good circumstances and with fun people who I knew well.  Also, this was like 40 years ago, and I doubt I would do it again.  But I suppose it would depend on the company and the situation.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #436 on: August 22, 2023, 11:24:19 AM »
Yeah, I may have simplified things due to my ignorance on these drugs.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #437 on: August 22, 2023, 12:50:47 PM »
I didn't mean to come down on you; I was just taking the opportunity to explain and educate a bit, having had a bit of personal experience.  I'd say it's a given that if you don't know about certain things, then you wouldn't know about the differences between them.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #438 on: August 22, 2023, 01:22:21 PM »
I didn't mean to come down on you; I was just taking the opportunity to explain and educate a bit, having had a bit of personal experience.  I'd say it's a given that if you don't know about certain things, then you wouldn't know about the differences between them.

I didn't take it that way at all, I meant to just be honest in that it could be a learning moment for me since I may not know what I'm talking about.  After my recent experience where I was with people doing all sorts of drugs, I kept asking them a lot of questions, but LSD was surprisingly not one of them involved.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #439 on: August 22, 2023, 02:08:50 PM »
It's been a long time since I've even heard of LSD being around.  Probably because it was always a rather niche drug (certainly far less common/popular than good old cannabis) and also because it seems to be something one might do when they're young and adventurous but not so much when they're old and boring.  But it also seems possible that it's just not as popular as it once was.  I do know that back in the 80's, the quality could vary quite a bit.  At the time that wasn't a huge deal because it's not something you want to do all the time anyway.  But with the advent of some of the more ridiculous drugs (crack, PCP, and anything that came after that I wouldn't even know the names of) maybe it just passed from favor.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #440 on: August 22, 2023, 03:46:36 PM »
Boy do I love it when someone else brings up psychedelics.   :lol

Tried my first psychedelic at a healing retreat at age 33. It was ayahuasca and it was the most profound, powerful experience of my entire life. Nothing even comes close.

My entire childhood was a nightmarish hell and I lived a life of despair, hopelessness, anger and hate. That night changed everything. I felt hope for the first time in my life. I felt love for the first time in my life and I felt God for the first time in my life. The only word to give it any justice is like a rebirth.

Never tried LSD as I feel like I did the work I needed to do, but I may try it in an effort to help guide others, but overall

I now would like to devote my life to helping people heal with them. So yeah, that's my 2 cents

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #441 on: August 24, 2023, 08:03:08 PM »
I have terrible anxiety. Maybe it's starting to be "had". I gave CBD oil a try about a year ago and that stuff worked on me very well. My mind is feeling like it's not so rampant with anxiety these days.

I also eventually tried edibles from an online store. Besides one scary feeling because I stupidly took it on an empty stomach, I've been enjoying some nice nights off 6mg and some CBD oil. I truly believe my lower anxiety is coming from taking this stuff. And the sleep is just so good.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #442 on: August 25, 2023, 03:40:01 AM »
I brought some edibles with me to Germany, plan on having one tonight after work. 

There's a dispensary (I'm fairly sure it's not a legal operation) right near Penn Station in NYC that has great prices.  For $45 I got a pack of 1000MG (10x 100) gummies.  I bought it on my way to the Kamelot show last week and snuck it under my belt to bring in, had one at the show too.

I could really use a nice edible evening and sleep tonight.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #443 on: August 25, 2023, 05:56:46 AM »
I have terrible anxiety. Maybe it's starting to be "had". I gave CBD oil a try about a year ago and that stuff worked on me very well. My mind is feeling like it's not so rampant with anxiety these days.

I also eventually tried edibles from an online store. Besides one scary feeling because I stupidly took it on an empty stomach, I've been enjoying some nice nights off 6mg and some CBD oil. I truly believe my lower anxiety is coming from taking this stuff. And the sleep is just so good.

I have had anxiety for years and currently take my main pill celexa and the lowest dose of Ativan as a backup as needed.  I was thinking of trying CBD oil, but not sure how to choose the right one.  Any resources you have is appreciated.  You can message me if too much info for this thread.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline Awaken

« Reply #444 on: August 25, 2023, 06:29:25 AM »

I wouldn't describe my anxiety as terrible, but it was certainly enough to keep me up at night.  The majority of the time I have experienced it would be evenings/night time.  I started taking 5mg THC/25mg CBD tablets around 7pm once every few nights and I've never slept better.  The residual effects were the most surprising, taking one on a Monday would be enough to keep me sleeping well each night until maybe Thursday/Friday evening.  The biggest drawback, for me, is the uncontrollable urge to eat.  If someone could come up with a strain where there was no hunger response - that would be gold for me. 

My daughter also struggles with a few diagnosed mental health issues and tried (with the blessing of her therapist and med manager) to utilize cannabis too.  It helped with her anxiety, but crushed her depression to the point where she cannot use it at all anymore.  There is a growing pool of evidence that this (medicine/plant/whatever you want to call it) is absolutely NOT for everyone.  So whatever you decide, go easy and be honest with yourself about the results you're getting.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #445 on: August 25, 2023, 06:50:42 AM »
I am like walking anxiety and edibles and CBD really save the day.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #446 on: August 25, 2023, 06:52:06 AM »
There's a dispensary (I'm fairly sure it's not a legal operation) right near Penn Station in NYC that has great prices.  For $45 I got a pack of 1000MG (10x 100) gummies.  I bought it on my way to the Kamelot show last week and snuck it under my belt to bring in, had one at the show too.

Holy shit!  I pay around $30 for 10 x 10.  Maybe $25 if there's a sale.  10 x 100 would last me for months.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #447 on: August 25, 2023, 07:25:36 AM »

Holy shit!  I pay around $30 for 10 x 10.  Maybe $25 if there's a sale.  10 x 100 would last me for months.

Yeah, that place has some incredible edible prices.  Their flower is solid too.  I go there every time I go to a concert in NYC now.  Like I said though, pretty sure it's an illegal operation.  They don't have the seal of a NYC dispensary out front.  They also accept credit cards.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #448 on: August 25, 2023, 08:24:25 AM »
It's only illegal if they catch you.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #449 on: August 25, 2023, 08:32:39 AM »
It's only illegal if they catch you.

I'm not worried, but I just don't get how they can open up an entire store front.  It's apparently an issue in NYC with a lot of these shops popping up unlicensed. It's part of the problem with the government getting too in the way of legalization IMO.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #450 on: August 25, 2023, 09:54:17 AM »
If it's legal in the state of NY (I don't know), then they're licensed, certified, whatever you call it.  And if they can't provide proof that they're legit, they can be shut down.

If it's not legal in NY, then I can't see how they're even operating right now, out in the open like that.

Either way, I guess it comes down to having enough manpower to enforce it.  Illegal shops, whether or not it's legal in your state, will continue to do business until someone catches them and shuts them down.  That's why I fell back on the old "It's only illegal if they catch you."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #451 on: August 25, 2023, 10:00:38 AM »
It's legal in NY, but many shops are not.

https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news/illegal-cannabis-shops-that-continue-sales-will-be-shut-down-hochul-says/

It's kind of a big issue in NYC right now, and I say kind of, because honestly, who cares besides the government?  The store I'm talking about has been great and wayyy better than any legal dispensary not just from a price and product standpoint, but even from customer service.  I HATE the NJ dispensaries because they don't have proper budtenders.  You have a question? Good luck.  The shop Im talking about legit talks to you and has advice one on one which is how it should be IMO (my experiences in CO, CA, WS, OR were all like that, not in NJ though), I like that instead of being forced to use a kiosk for over priced low quality bud.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #452 on: August 25, 2023, 10:26:32 AM »
I think it's awesome.  Yeah, it's illegal, I don't care.  I've been doing illegal shit as long as I can remember, and even though it's legal where I live, if some shop opened up near me with prices and service like that, I'd go there instead.  Doing illegal business out in the open like that is bold as hell and should be rewarded.  This is of course limited to IMO "no harm, no foul" businesses.  If some dudes open a shop in my neighborhood selling crack, they wouldn't last a day, and it wouldn't necessarily be the cops shutting them down.  But cannabis?  Fair game IMO.

To me, it's not unlike bars and restaurants serving alcohol without a license, or an expired one.  No one cares except for The Man whose job it is to go around and check liquor licenses.  And there's not nearly enough of them, which doesn't really bother anyone.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #453 on: August 25, 2023, 10:35:51 AM »
I brought some edibles with me to Germany, plan on having one tonight after work. 

I've been watching To Catch a Smuggler lately, and people get popped in customs with bringing weed in. They're all "it's legal in California" and the customs agents are all "yeah, you're on federal land here" and arrest them for narcotics trafficking.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #454 on: August 25, 2023, 10:58:30 AM »

I've been watching To Catch a Smuggler lately, and people get popped in customs with bringing weed in. They're all "it's legal in California" and the customs agents are all "yeah, you're on federal land here" and arrest them for narcotics trafficking.

I've flown into these airports before.  There's like no security going through customs.  Not a question asked entering the country and no dogs or searching or anything to be worried about really. It's also decriminalized here (not that it makes it OK, but less of a real issue). I'd be worried if I wanted to bring a lot because then you can get nabbed for distribution.  While I understand the risk, it's so minimal.  I brought 5 joints with me as well.  I also brought my vape pen but I somehow lost it (I believe it must be on the plane somewhere  :rollin) So mad about that. I've got 11 nights here so basically half a joint a night when I get back to the hotel.  It's been a godsend to have that because my stress levels were insane this week, my stomach was a wreck as usual for far travels, and my sleep schedule is destroyed.  Having that toke at night really helps immensely getting over all this. 

If I'm being honest.  I've travelled with weed for the last 8 years or so.  I'm not worred at all about it for personal use as long as I'm not going somewhere that's hardcore against it like Singapore earlier this year.  But I think I could totally do it in Singapore based on my experience.  No ones really looking for personal use marijuana. Just don't be stupid.Not sure I want to risk it if I go back to singapore though, the penalties are extreme.