Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 132149 times)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #490 on: February 18, 2020, 06:37:00 PM »
Like I said, one day, I will learn. Not comfortable with therapy. I just do things alone
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #491 on: February 18, 2020, 06:38:58 PM »
Like I said, one day, I will learn. Not comfortable with therapy. I just do things alone

Love you too.  :heart
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #492 on: February 18, 2020, 06:41:07 PM »
Damn, no good.

Yeah fuck therapy.  Just make a habit of keeping them super short all the time or something mate but I know that doesn't really work either for chronic finger biters.

My brother use to bite his nails and legit had like half a nail on each finger, they were so worn down yet he'd keep chewing.  Would have to dig so deep but just couldn't help himself.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #493 on: February 18, 2020, 06:43:03 PM »
That's how I am. If I'm stressed or anxious about something, which tends to be most of the time unfortunately, I just bite my nails.  I have to keep them short to play piano. But then if I bite them too much, they hurt like hell especially if I'm sanding stuff at work. I have lots of nervous habits but nailbiting has always been the worst. Should really use that fidget spinner of mine more often. That thing actually does help.

I'm sure therapy is useful. I'm just not comfortable with that stuff, that's all (and I don't particularly feel like dropping the money on it, but that's a matter of financial prioritizing more than anything). It's not a bad or large chip thankfully, but it's enough to feel a bit off. At least it'll wear down a bit over the next few months til my next appointment
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Adami

« Reply #494 on: February 18, 2020, 06:48:00 PM »
Just to be clear, there are lots of types of therapy.

You'd benefit from basic habit reversal training. You won't have to talk about your feelings or whatever. It's just behavioral training. Manly stuff.

Is going to the dentist cheaper?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #495 on: February 18, 2020, 06:53:01 PM »
I mean, I'm more a fan of simply catching myself in the act and telling myself to stop. That's how I've always tackled bad habits, I've done it in the past with a few OCD ticks, I've just been extremely lazy with nailbiting because it's such a common thing. But avoiding 'therapy' as it were (unless you count what I prefer doing as some form of therapy, idk) has nothing to do with masculinity... it's just a me thing, a personality thing. I'm stubborn and want to do it my way... some form of therapy might be faster, easier, more efficient, but it's not a rational thing, I'd just rather do it my way.

Dentist is stupid cheap with dental insurance

Offline Adami

« Reply #496 on: February 18, 2020, 07:08:43 PM »
I mean, I'm more a fan of simply catching myself in the act and telling myself to stop. That's how I've always tackled bad habits, I've done it in the past with a few OCD ticks, I've just been extremely lazy with nailbiting because it's such a common thing. But avoiding 'therapy' as it were (unless you count what I prefer doing as some form of therapy, idk) has nothing to do with masculinity... it's just a me thing, a personality thing. I'm stubborn and want to do it my way... some form of therapy might be faster, easier, more efficient, but it's not a rational thing, I'd just rather do it my way.

Hmmmm....tell me more about your mother.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #497 on: February 18, 2020, 07:18:04 PM »
My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet.

My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #498 on: February 18, 2020, 07:20:24 PM »
Gee thanks for that. Now the rest of us need therapy.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 07:28:55 PM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Adami

« Reply #499 on: February 18, 2020, 07:28:45 PM »
My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet.

My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.

I should warn you that I just tricked you into therapy....and you'll have to be billed....

....ONE BILLION DOLLARS
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #500 on: February 18, 2020, 07:36:31 PM »
 :rollin

I bet TAC never saw that movie.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #501 on: February 18, 2020, 07:49:17 PM »
Oh, is that a movie reference? :lol

No. No, I didn't see it, whatever it is. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Adami

« Reply #502 on: February 18, 2020, 07:51:18 PM »

Yeah baby!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #503 on: February 18, 2020, 07:55:57 PM »

Sigh. Here, let me help you. :) Look! Carrie Fisher! You know that name, right?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #504 on: February 18, 2020, 07:59:08 PM »
Carrie Fisher reminds me of Princess Leia from Star Wars.

Offline Adami

« Reply #505 on: February 18, 2020, 08:07:00 PM »

Who?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #506 on: February 19, 2020, 08:43:39 AM »

:rollin

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #507 on: February 19, 2020, 09:35:42 AM »
I just realized I didn't copy the entire quote and missed one of my favorite lines: "My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery." Darn.  :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #508 on: February 20, 2020, 07:12:33 AM »

Well, they are.  They just sit there, looking stupid, in a bowl, getting fat.  Fuckers.   I'm with you 100%.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #509 on: February 20, 2020, 07:13:27 AM »

That made me laugh out loud.  :)   "Whatever it is."

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #510 on: February 20, 2020, 07:13:49 AM »

You're on fire.  :)

Offline Harmony

« Reply #511 on: February 24, 2020, 02:38:55 PM »
I love my spouse and all but holy shit balls, Batman.  If I have to clean up after him more than I do my kids then I'm going to go all 'Snapped' any minute now.  I mean, I do prepare the meals.  It could be done.  :P

Do people become more slovenly as they age?  Am I now the Felix to his Oscar?
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #512 on: February 24, 2020, 04:00:39 PM »
The wife snaps at me when she's feeling the pressure of taking on a lot at home.  I was in a bit of depression and she snapped.   I told her I was sorry but I felt immobile at that moment.   She felt better and then I snapped out of it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #513 on: February 26, 2020, 08:51:07 AM »
Well, yesterday, but my 12-year-old step son came home from school yesterday and told us that some kid called him a "See You Next Tuesday" in the stairwell.  I haven't felt that mixed a set of emotions in a long time.  Part of me wanted to laugh, part of me got angry (my son is on the spectrum and so takes that stuff very seriously in his way; he was really upset and predictably, didn't want to go to school today), and part of me was heartbroken that at 12 we're at that level.  He's supposed to be building models and playing basketball and watching funny dog videos and...  his favorite books are still Dog-man and the like.  Sorry to hi-jack the thread...

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #514 on: February 26, 2020, 08:54:52 AM »
Well, yesterday, but my 12-year-old step son came home from school yesterday and told us that some kid called him a "See You Next Tuesday" in the stairwell.  I haven't felt that mixed a set of emotions in a long time.  Part of me wanted to laugh, part of me got angry (my son is on the spectrum and so takes that stuff very seriously in his way; he was really upset and predictably, didn't want to go to school today), and part of me was heartbroken that at 12 we're at that level.  He's supposed to be building models and playing basketball and watching funny dog videos and...  his favorite books are still Dog-man and the like.  Sorry to hi-jack the thread...

I would be pissed. I was bullied a lot as a kid and have absolutely zero tolerance for bullies especially for kids like your stepson. No kids myself, but I remember going out on more than one occasion to face 7-8 neighborhood kids who would gang up and pick on my little brother and sister way back in the day. That stuff got me livid. I hope your stepson doesn't have to deal with those assholes on a regular basis...

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #515 on: February 26, 2020, 09:29:03 AM »
I had to look that up. I had never heard that before.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #516 on: February 26, 2020, 10:55:32 AM »

Took me a sec to realize it was C U Next Tuesday.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #517 on: February 26, 2020, 11:33:14 AM »

Took me a sec to realize it was C U Next Tuesday.

I totally didn't pick that up  :lol

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #518 on: February 26, 2020, 11:51:42 AM »
 :rollin :rollin 

I thought Stads Jr. got challenged to a fight in the stairwell.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #519 on: February 26, 2020, 03:21:25 PM »
So my place of work got broken into last night.  Nothing stolen just kids by the looks ransacked the joint and went in looking to cause as much damage as possible.  Broken windows, folders and files everywhere, computers chucked around, plus equipment like coffee machines, plus stock in the line of confectionery and drinks literally thrown everywhere.  I've never seen anything quite like it.  Just pure destruction for no reason.

Got the alarm call at 11:30pm and went straight away.  Security saw 4 youths but they got away.  Even the K-9 unit were called in but couldn't get them.  I was there til 2am with security and police, and then back in there at 4am to try and at least section areas to operate (public facility).  Have to wait for forensics now before we can start cleaning and assessing the damage.  I don't even know where we would start in relation to cleaning.  Obviously didn't get back to sleep when I got home after 2am and went to bed that night at 10pm.  1.5 hours sleep and now I'll be there at least until 5pm today, maybe longer.

Today's diet: coffee.  Lots of coffee, plus some sugar free energy drinks to spice it up.

Fuck the youth of today.  Absolute scum bucket little cunts.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #520 on: February 26, 2020, 03:27:44 PM »
I'm sad that there are no King's X fans in the other thread Stadler posted that in.  :(
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #521 on: February 26, 2020, 03:29:43 PM »
Wow wtf Wolf, make that new guy clean it up

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #522 on: February 26, 2020, 03:40:35 PM »
Wow wtf Wolf, make that new guy clean it up

:rollin  You cheered me up a little bit Cram.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #523 on: February 26, 2020, 03:41:54 PM »
Wow, sounds utterly miserable Kade. You'll sleep pretty well next time you hit the sack for sure. Only thing I'll disagree with is that kids generations ago were doing the same stupid disrespectful destructive shit, definitely ain't isolated to these small pricks of today. Hope the little heels get the bad karma they're brewing up.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #524 on: February 26, 2020, 03:52:40 PM »
Wow, sounds utterly miserable Kade. You'll sleep pretty well next time you hit the sack for sure. Only thing I'll disagree with is that kids generations ago were doing the same stupid disrespectful destructive shit, definitely ain't isolated to these small pricks of today. Hope the little heels get the bad karma they're brewing up.

That's a fair point I guess.  I think there's more over here anyway than the older days but maybe that's just me getting older and seeing things differently.  I'm not going to get into the youth of today rant again.  I always got up to a bit of mischief but just the mindless destruction of jaw dropping.  Yeah, will sleep well but might even be hard to sleep worrying about the phone ringing again.  They normally don't come back *touchwood* but in the past have had a few repeat offenses.  Never to this magnitude though.