Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 124415 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #455 on: February 07, 2020, 07:32:22 PM »
Went out for dinner and while we were having dinner the Power came back on. 

Ice storm here in N.H.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #456 on: February 07, 2020, 07:39:25 PM »
We lost power at 4:00. Went out for dinner. Still off  :censored
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #457 on: February 07, 2020, 08:03:45 PM »
Keep going out and eating more dinners. It has to work eventually, right?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #458 on: February 07, 2020, 08:04:52 PM »
We lost power at 4:00. Went out for dinner. Still off  :censored

Mother  :censored
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #459 on: February 15, 2020, 12:42:35 PM »
Got sucked into a conversation in a Facebook group where a guy was claiming that 8-9 year old kids are responsible when they get molested because they're old enough to know right from wrong. I wanted to jump through my phone and punch him in the  :censored face. Ignorant asshole. When I called him out on his assholery, he said "you'll understand when you're older"  :censored >:(

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #460 on: February 15, 2020, 09:20:34 PM »
Got sucked into a conversation in a Facebook group where a guy was claiming that 8-9 year old kids are responsible when they get molested because they're old enough to know right from wrong. I wanted to jump through my phone and punch him in the  :censored face. Ignorant asshole. When I called him out on his assholery, he said "you'll understand when you're older"  :censored >:(

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #461 on: February 16, 2020, 02:59:48 AM »

Lol wut?  I'd try and fucking report him or something if it were possible.  Cunt needs an absolute beatdown.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #462 on: February 16, 2020, 07:23:12 AM »

Lol wut?  I'd try and fucking report him or something if it were possible.  Cunt needs an absolute beatdown.
I reported the post. The admin got back to me and said "what he was saying is not helpful to the discussion" and sent me a couple links to things supporting my side. It's more than not helpful. It's ignorant shits like him that normalize the abuse that is causing lifelong issues for a huge chunk of our society.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 08:47:21 AM by lordxizor »

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #463 on: February 16, 2020, 01:46:19 PM »
I'm definitely not someone who will jump to thinking the worst of someone, but that's just extreme callousness to the Nth degree that comes off as extremely... suspicious. The very best scenario is that it's someone who wants to believe in a just world so bad he keeps making up reasons why even kids are fully responsible for everything bad that may happen with them. Reminds you of those dads who are like "I would be around for my kid more but I just don't vibe with their personality, you know, it just happens that you don't wanna hang out with someone". Sure, but not your own freakin' kid, you monstrous moron!

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #464 on: February 16, 2020, 06:55:16 PM »

Oh that’s good to know. I’ll go ahead and tell my nine year old self it was my fault my older cousin sexually abused me. For the longest time I thought it was because he was a cunning pervert who groomed me for a year. I’ll tell my other cousin and brother that also since they knew right from wrong as well and let him abuse them also.

What a freaking idiot.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #465 on: February 16, 2020, 07:00:19 PM »
Those kind of people and their beliefs are extremely scary to me.  How many think like that?

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #466 on: February 16, 2020, 07:02:29 PM »
Those kind of people and their beliefs are extremely scary to me.  How many think like that?

Plus the entirety of Saudi Arabia.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #467 on: February 16, 2020, 07:07:59 PM »
And that's scary. I understand a teenager that hits puberty to understand but not an 8 or 9 years olds. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #468 on: February 16, 2020, 07:25:52 PM »
Um, just me, but did I misunderstand the convo?   When I read it the first time, and he said "you'll understand when you're older", that sent a chill down my spine.  Was that a confession (or rather, a lame attempt at absolution)?   

What does you being older have to do with the cognitive abilities of an 8 year old? 

Online Adami

« Reply #469 on: February 16, 2020, 08:17:35 PM »

What does you being older have to do with the cognitive abilities of an 8 year old?

You’ll understand when you’re older.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #470 on: February 16, 2020, 08:45:23 PM »
 :lol

Yea, that's fucked up.  I'd stay so far away from facebook arguments, but seeing something like that could make me have to say me piece on that shit hole of a platform (that I do use...).

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #471 on: February 17, 2020, 05:48:32 AM »
Um, just me, but did I misunderstand the convo?   When I read it the first time, and he said "you'll understand when you're older", that sent a chill down my spine.  Was that a confession (or rather, a lame attempt at absolution)?   

I have no idea what that comment meant. I actually deleted the post he was responding to because I just needed it to end so I can't go back and reread it. He went on about if 8 year olds can be aware enough of their sexuality to be transgender, they can know that being molested in wrong. Honestly the guy gave me the creeps. I think there's a very good chance he molested young kids at some point in his life and is making excuses. Grown women don't speak up when being sexually assaulted out of fear, shame, coercion, manipulation, etc, and this guy expects kids to be able to? I'm still really pissed off about it.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 07:52:35 AM by lordxizor »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #472 on: February 17, 2020, 06:51:20 AM »
Any chance the guy was just trolling?

Instead of reporting him to Facebook, how about letting the police know about the post?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Adami

« Reply #473 on: February 17, 2020, 07:26:31 AM »
Any chance the guy was just trolling?

Instead of reporting him to Facebook, how about letting the police know about the post?

There's nothing illegal about it.

It would be similar (legally) if he said an adult girl who gets raped "asked for it" by dressing up like a slut. If that were illegal, like half the population would have been arrested in the last 50 years.

It's a pretty disgusting opinion, but not one the police have any part in.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #474 on: February 17, 2020, 07:30:35 AM »
Well, no I know there's nothing illegal about it, but what if there's been some child sexual assaults in the guy's area? There must be some investigators in the guy's area that might be interested.

Online Adami

« Reply #475 on: February 17, 2020, 07:39:09 AM »
Well, no I know there's nothing illegal about it, but what if there's been some child sexual assaults in the guy's area? There must be some investigators in the guy's area that might be interested.

Honestly, they'd probably see this as not enough reason to spend the resources investigating. He just said that kids deserve it. If he said black people deserve to be racially profiled, I doubt they'd look into incidents of racial assaults near him.

Like I said, it's reprehensible (trying not to use the D word, as to not invoke the wrath of Stadler) but legally the dude's allowed to say that kind of stuff since it hinted at no future threat toward kids.

I'm a mandated reporter, so I have to be very weary of statements about kids from clients. If a client said that to me, I'd puke a little in my mouth, but I'd have no grounds to do anything about it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #476 on: February 17, 2020, 03:11:13 PM »
Could just be some fucker talking shit for the sake of it to stir up some shit too for their own sick amusement.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #477 on: February 17, 2020, 03:13:30 PM »
Could just be some fucker talking shit for the sake of it to stir up some shit too for their own sick amusement.

There's way too much of that.  I'll be honest, I love a good troll moment, but at the same time, child abuse is not a topic to troll on.  You've got to be pretty sick in the head to just be trolling in this area.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #478 on: February 17, 2020, 03:16:46 PM »

There's way too much of that.  I'll be honest, I love a good troll moment, but at the same time, child abuse is not a topic to troll on.  You've got to be pretty sick in the head to just be trolling in this area.

Just putting it out there.  I'm not on social media so I don't really knows what goes on.  But there are some sick bastards out there.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #479 on: February 17, 2020, 04:03:38 PM »

Just putting it out there.  I'm not on social media so I don't really knows what goes on.  But there are some sick bastards out there.

Oh yea for sure, as crazy as it seems, I can see some sicko doing this so you aren't wrong.... just that would take a certain type of speshul person to really go to that level.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #480 on: February 17, 2020, 05:26:26 PM »
Joey Logano.   P****.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #481 on: February 18, 2020, 05:59:52 PM »
WPMO: I just chipped a tooth. The same tooth I've chipped twice over the last 5 years. Because I can't stop biting my fingernails (nervous habit). I'm never going to learn to stop. I'm so mad at myself.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #482 on: February 18, 2020, 06:11:36 PM »
WPMO: I just chipped a tooth. The same tooth I've chipped twice over the last 5 years. Because I can't stop biting my fingernails (nervous habit). I'm never going to learn to stop. I'm so mad at myself.

Sucks dude.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #483 on: February 18, 2020, 06:12:36 PM »

I bet your fingernails are laughing their asses off at your tooth though.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #484 on: February 18, 2020, 06:18:35 PM »

I bet your fingernails are laughing their asses off at your tooth though.

:lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #485 on: February 18, 2020, 06:20:20 PM »
Shut up, Tim.  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #486 on: February 18, 2020, 06:25:32 PM »

Is it a front tooth?

Online Adami

« Reply #487 on: February 18, 2020, 06:27:43 PM »

Go get some behavioral modification therapy. It's not pleasant, but it's surprisingly easy to get over that stuff.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #488 on: February 18, 2020, 06:31:11 PM »

Is it a front tooth?

Yeah, upper tooth.

Go get some behavioral modification therapy. It's not pleasant, but it's surprisingly easy to get over that stuff.

Appreciate the tip. I'll probably stick to self-discipline though. Just how I am. One day I will learn.

Online Adami

« Reply #489 on: February 18, 2020, 06:34:19 PM »

Is it a front tooth?

Yeah, upper tooth.

Appreciate the tip. I'll probably stick to self-discipline though. Just how I am. One day I will learn.

fanticide.bandcamp.com