Author Topic: Things I find a tad exasperating v.3  (Read 115708 times)

Online TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
Re: Things I find a tad exasperating v.3
« Reply #3150 on: April 25, 2024, 11:57:23 AM »
Yeah, contrary to what FOX news would have you believe (Thinking of moving? Your blue state may soon charge you an exit tax), it applies to people or businesses making 30 million or more per year. Anybody here worried about that? I'm not in favour of it, but only for one reason. If it were linked to how much of your revenue actually came from California I'd be just fine with it. If you operate there but most of your revenue came from elsewhere it's a different matter.

As for gas costs, I'd ask people the same question. Would you rather spend an extra dollar per gallon, or go back to the days of having yellow air?

Great post. In Denver, we have this conversation every Winter/Spring when we get all the snow. A lot of the trucks only plow specific streets and areas based on sunlight and the idea is to "let the sun melt the rest" which is something the city put into practice a few decades ago to avoid Denver being that exact picture again. But people will undoubtably complain every time it snows saying "The city barely plows". It's funny to see as someone who doesn't own a car. Cars in this country are so ingrained into everything in such a stupid way, it's so nice being able to live car-free, I consider myself very fortunate
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3151 on: April 25, 2024, 12:28:52 PM »
Already missing the molar next to it from thirty plus years ago, plus the wisdom tooth. That'd leave me more than a little deficient on that side.

Gotcha. I've been pulling them as I go, but one or two more and I'll have to get some sort of plate.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3152 on: April 25, 2024, 01:12:32 PM »
Gotcha. I've been pulling them as I go, but one or two more and I'll have to get some sort of plate.
Other side of my mouth I'd probably go that route. I'm just annoyed as all fuck that I even have to consider it a viable option.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #3153 on: April 25, 2024, 02:50:17 PM »
Hope you find a good solution to the tooth. But if you do get it pulled, please update the avatar.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3154 on: April 26, 2024, 07:17:55 AM »
Already missing the molar next to it from thirty plus years ago, plus the wisdom tooth. That'd leave me more than a little deficient on that side.

As someone who has spent close to $30k in dental work since 2018 (that's after insurance) my recommendation is to not lose the tooth if possible. Jaw bone disintegration is a real bitch and will effect you later in life. I would say if you're interested in traveling for dental work I've had a few friends go to Columbia and had great results at the 5h of the price.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3155 on: April 26, 2024, 08:03:29 AM »
As someone who has spent close to $30k in dental work since 2018 (that's after insurance) my recommendation is to not lose the tooth if possible. Jaw bone disintegration is a real bitch and will effect you later in life. I would say if you're interested in traveling for dental work I've had a few friends go to Columbia and had great results at the 5h of the price.
Why Colombia and not Mexico?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3156 on: April 26, 2024, 09:03:21 PM »
From what I've been told it's price and seemingly nicer looking offices from when they were doing their research. My co-worker just came back where he got veneers and they look fantastic all for less than 10k.

My mom did a bunch of dental work overseas also but that was in Lithuania.