Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 123362 times)

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #630 on: March 24, 2020, 05:37:10 AM »
@ Gary,

My first impulse was to make a crass and vulgar joke. Then I held back. I buried the black, hairy (slightly shiny with blue highlights), vaporous, creature who boast a creepy smile that lives in my head. I don't do that eagerly or often. I kinda like him...well, a lot, really. Anyway, I saw the potential of hurting your feelings and misinterpreting my intention. So instead, I locked him away. I love you that much, buddy.

My oldest got a text from a couple of his girl friends tonight saying there’s a guy on Snapchat pretending to be him sending dick pics to all the girls in his school.  >:(

Since they know he doesn’t have any social media apps/profiles they knew it wasn’t him.....they reported the account and told the person to knock it off. I am livid. So livid I created an account....found the account and sent a sternly worded message. I also reported the account.

I’m thankful he has friends that let him know and that reported the account.

These are the bits that impressed me the most. What wonderful young women. I think if I were in your shoes, I would commend them to their parents. Bullying can only properly be countered in this way.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #631 on: March 24, 2020, 05:44:00 AM »
@ Wolf... wasn't expecting too much from my brother, tbh.  Though, his 'blast from the past' comments was fully intended sarcastically and in a douchebag way. 

That was actually pretty clear, if you ask me.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #632 on: March 24, 2020, 07:06:23 AM »
@ Gary,

My first impulse was to make a crass and vulgar joke. Then I held back. I buried the black, hairy (slightly shiny with blue highlights), vaporous, creature who boast a creepy smile that lives in my head. I don't do that eagerly or often. I kinda like him...well, a lot, really. Anyway, I saw the potential of hurting your feelings and misinterpreting my intention. So instead, I locked him away. I love you that much, buddy.

My oldest got a text from a couple of his girl friends tonight saying there’s a guy on Snapchat pretending to be him sending dick pics to all the girls in his school.  >:(

Since they know he doesn’t have any social media apps/profiles they knew it wasn’t him.....they reported the account and told the person to knock it off. I am livid. So livid I created an account....found the account and sent a sternly worded message. I also reported the account.

I’m thankful he has friends that let him know and that reported the account.

These are the bits that impressed me the most. What wonderful young women. I think if I were in your shoes, I would commend them to their parents. Bullying can only properly be countered in this way.

I appreciate the restraint Gregg......however I probably would have realized your intent would have been joking around but again, I appreciate it.

We did text the girls themselves and thanked them but now that you mention it we really should let their parents know. Their actions are a testament to how they’ve been raised so I agree with you their parents should know what a kind gesture they made to our kiddo.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #633 on: March 24, 2020, 07:48:45 AM »
Gary, I sent you a PM, but for the group, the hardest thing for me as a parent was watching the world, as it inevitably does, start to stomp on the innocence of my kids. It's life, but that doesn't make it any easier to watch.  Thankful that your son has people on the ground (in the school) that care for him.  I hoped for that with one of my kids and it didn't necessarily work out that way, which made it that much worse. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #634 on: March 24, 2020, 09:39:17 AM »
Gary, I sent you a PM, but for the group, the hardest thing for me as a parent was watching the world, as it inevitably does, start to stomp on the innocence of my kids. It's life, but that doesn't make it any easier to watch.  Thankful that your son has people on the ground (in the school) that care for him.  I hoped for that with one of my kids and it didn't necessarily work out that way, which made it that much worse.

Thanks for the PM Bill....sent you a reply. I totally agree that watching the world or 'life' take a run at your kid(s) is tough to stomach at times. Yesterday was one of them.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #635 on: March 25, 2020, 08:37:56 PM »
Damn. Well handled, Gary. That would have had me spitting fire. Some people really suck.  :censored

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #636 on: March 28, 2020, 05:29:39 PM »
Not sure if my TV is fucked, but there's a fucking horizontal line right across the middle of the screen.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline PetFish

« Reply #637 on: March 28, 2020, 08:05:42 PM »
People who film things* vertically (portrait).  Not just today, this is an everyday piss-off.

Go ahead and film your face in portrait, but if you're filming other stuff that people might actually want to see or you might want to enjoy on an actual screen then film in landscape.  Do you want to watch Star Wars vertically and have the camera whip-panning back and forth for 2 hours?

*Landscapes, sports, fires, arguments, etc. 

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #638 on: March 29, 2020, 04:48:48 AM »
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #639 on: March 29, 2020, 05:01:22 AM »
Amen brotha!  It drives me nuts when Lisa takes a picture that way.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #640 on: March 29, 2020, 05:07:55 AM »
Not sure if my TV is fucked, but there's a fucking horizontal line right across the middle of the screen.

Smash the fuck out of it and teach it a lesson.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #641 on: March 29, 2020, 05:21:10 AM »
Time to get rid of the CRT.  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #642 on: March 29, 2020, 05:40:15 AM »

Probably should upgrade the VCR while he's at it.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #643 on: March 29, 2020, 06:14:46 AM »

Probably should upgrade the VCR while he's at it.

Or his Beta machine.   :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #644 on: March 29, 2020, 06:53:05 AM »
Haha...Haha

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #645 on: March 29, 2020, 07:25:42 AM »
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #646 on: March 29, 2020, 07:28:15 AM »
Tiger King?? Is that a show?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #647 on: March 29, 2020, 07:44:34 AM »
Tim, do you use carrier pigeons instead of texting?  I sure feels like it.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #648 on: March 29, 2020, 08:06:40 AM »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #649 on: May 25, 2020, 12:32:48 PM »
Finding out the restaurant where I proposed to mrs.jingle is not going to re-open post COVID shutdown.   :sadpanda:  We haven't been there in a few years, but now we won't ever be there again.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #650 on: May 25, 2020, 12:41:04 PM »
Finding out the restaurant where I proposed to mrs.jingle is not going to re-open post COVID shutdown.   :sadpanda:  We haven't been there in a few years, but now we won't ever be there again.

McDonald's is shutting down?? :P

(that sucks, for real)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #651 on: May 25, 2020, 02:00:05 PM »

:lol

"Mr Manager, can you put this ring in my girl's Happy Meal?"

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #652 on: May 25, 2020, 08:18:45 PM »

(that sucks, for real)

I had a protein shake in my mouth when I read this, it very nearly went all over the screen.  Fucking lol.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #653 on: May 25, 2020, 08:20:07 PM »
I found the wedding cake decoration.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #654 on: May 25, 2020, 08:23:13 PM »

Seriously though, that does suck.  Scary reality is that we are going to see so much of this happening more and more.  Can see so many nostalgic places for everyone just not returning.  Dark times.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #655 on: May 26, 2020, 07:29:08 AM »
I notice he's not denying it, though.   :)

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #656 on: May 26, 2020, 10:24:30 AM »
The wit coming from your clowns was too juvenile to justify a response.   ;)  :P

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #657 on: May 26, 2020, 10:38:27 AM »
Whose clowns? Stadler's?
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #658 on: May 26, 2020, 10:47:02 AM »

but seriously, that's sad and sucks.  I'm going to be really bummed if my local concert venues go out of business from all this.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #659 on: May 26, 2020, 10:57:51 AM »
^^^ I was having that convo with my friend Jim (you met him) the other day.  We saw Vivian Campbell and Last In Line in a little club in Agawam that was trying to make a go of putting on national acts, and he was struggling THEN; this isn't going to help him. 

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #660 on: May 26, 2020, 10:41:39 PM »
The wit coming from your clowns was too juvenile to justify a response.   ;)  :P

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #661 on: June 10, 2020, 03:18:26 PM »
Been pissed off this week as we are getting back to work and where I work is operating again from Saturday.  Have to work Saturday and people are back in the office so I can't browse DTF most of the day like I had been.    >:(

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #662 on: June 10, 2020, 03:21:40 PM »
Been pissed off this week as we are getting back to work and where I work is operating again from Saturday.  Have to work Saturday and people are back in the office so I can't browse DTF most of the day like I had been.    >:(

Funny, was thinking that my most active days on DTF are when I am in the office  :lol I work alone so I think it's more about having more distractions at home but when I'm work, it's mostly just sitting on my laptop and online.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #663 on: June 25, 2020, 05:06:44 PM »
Prior authorizations with meds.

I wish so bad that the doctor could just filter out non formulary meds by insurer when he goes to prescribe, rather than:

1. prescribe random brand of med that you need
2. pharmacy rejects that brand because its not formulary for your insurance
3. Prior auth request is sent back to doctor
4. Doctor gets around to filling it out eventually
5. Prior auth goes back to insurance 
6. Insurance decides whether or not to accept it

And when all is said and done, hopefully your still alive to even take the med  :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #664 on: June 25, 2020, 05:08:09 PM »
My wife tells me those horror stories all the time.