Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 123906 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #385 on: January 19, 2020, 03:30:48 PM »
Wolfqueen:"Can we just go now?"
Kade: "Not yet, I have to know if they put their trolley away."
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #386 on: January 19, 2020, 03:43:36 PM »
There was so many assholes today at the grocery store  that it's too much to type up.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #387 on: January 19, 2020, 03:49:52 PM »
There was so many assholes today at the grocery store  that it's too much to type up.

THANK YOU!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #388 on: January 19, 2020, 03:51:43 PM »

Tell me about it!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #389 on: January 19, 2020, 04:04:04 PM »

Tell me about it!

He already said it's too much to type up!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #390 on: January 19, 2020, 04:04:49 PM »

Tell me about it!

He already said it's too much to type up!

No do tell! haha.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #391 on: January 19, 2020, 04:08:46 PM »
Wait. Is this about shopping carts?!  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #392 on: January 19, 2020, 04:13:30 PM »
Lol. No. It first started with turning into a lane where the was a parking spot 3 in.  This dude walking when right down the middle of the isle and gave me a dirty look.

I wanted to fucking roll over him and drag that mother fucker into my parking spot.

How's that for a start?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #393 on: January 19, 2020, 04:24:20 PM »
Lol. No. It first started with turning into a lane where the was a parking spot 3 in.  This dude walking when right down the middle of the isle and gave me a dirty look.

Let me guess...did he have air buds in?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #394 on: January 19, 2020, 04:28:57 PM »
Nope.  Just an asshole who thinks pedestrians own all of the pavement.  If I'm in his position,  I walk a slight rounder route to allow the car to turn.  He cut off 3 cars without turning his head only to give me the dirty look.

That asshole deserves a beating.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #395 on: January 19, 2020, 04:54:11 PM »

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #396 on: January 19, 2020, 04:59:43 PM »
 :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #397 on: January 19, 2020, 06:31:45 PM »

I wanted to fucking roll over him and drag that mother fucker into my parking spot.

How's that for a start?

Yes motherfucker!!  That's what I'm talking about.  :metal

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #398 on: January 19, 2020, 06:45:19 PM »
Nope.  Just an asshole who thinks pedestrians own all of the pavement.  If I'm in his position,  I walk a slight rounder route to allow the car to turn.  He cut off 3 cars without turning his head only to give me the dirty look.

That asshole deserves a beating.

I'd be happy to hold his arms for you.  I f-ing hate that (except when it's raining; then I get it).

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #399 on: January 19, 2020, 06:50:09 PM »
I seriously would hit the brakes for him if he stopped and looked at me to get approval.  I let anybody go when they pause.

This asshole expected me to stop.  A car is a dangerous weapon.   As a human you have to expect human error but not in this day and age.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #400 on: January 19, 2020, 07:07:55 PM »
I seriously would hit the brakes for him if he stopped and looked at me to get approval.  I let anybody go when they pause.

This asshole expected me to stop.  A car is a dangerous weapon.   As a human you have to expect human error but not in this day and age.

Indeed to all of this.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #401 on: January 19, 2020, 09:50:45 PM »
The two football games.  I expected better out of the Titans and the Pack (even though I called both games in my Pick'em game).

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #402 on: January 20, 2020, 06:06:08 AM »

And a Tapout shirt?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #403 on: January 20, 2020, 06:40:25 AM »
Too cold to see the Tee  lol.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #404 on: January 20, 2020, 05:19:41 PM »
I'm surprised he even looked at you. Most of them just slowly walk in front of cars, taking their sweet-ass time.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #405 on: January 20, 2020, 07:18:19 PM »
He gave me the death stare like I was at fault. 

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #406 on: January 28, 2020, 03:36:50 PM »
Had a new guy start at work a week ago.  Was his first day flying solo yesterday.  It's the same role I do.  Over teh last four years, I've effectively been doing both roles across multiple places to cover.  We've had people come and go because they can't handle the workload and/or teh money and hours are not worth it, and it's true they aren't.  Met this new guy twice and had a weird feeling.  The amount of people I've seen come and go, my gut is pretty good.  he is effectively looking after a couple of places I've been at for over 10 years.  I've been moved to the largest venue over the years but as I said running all of them for a long time.

Right away, I get the feeling he's trying to shut me out.  We really need to work together in the role to achieve the outcome but hasn't asked a single question on any procedures and policies or how things work.  Comes across like he knows it all already.  A got a staff member working where he's based to send his avaialbility as I'm doing rosters and he sends an email 'so and so sent their timesheet, where are the others as I need to approve for my facilities.'  Hold on pal, calm the fuck down.  Right away I was annoyed, as A. it wasn't a timesheet, and B. his facilities, fuck off mate, they aren't yours pal.  When I put over 10 years of literally blood sweat and tears into a place, you don't walk in and call them your own.  I also said I'd go and see him at a certain time to run him through everything and have a meeting to have a chat and start nutting out things, but when I went there, he had left and gone somewhere else.

He then went ahead and did timesheets and didn't CC me in the email.   He sent me a stupid spreadsheet which we never do to show the hours for my primary venue that had approved that were on some of the timesheets.  When I told him we CC each other he got the shits and wrote 'well I already sent you the spreadsheet but here they are.'  WTF?  Also in the email to payroll he writes that 'attached are timesheets for my staff.'  Again, not your staff mate.  I wrote him a specific breakdown of the procedure as I wasn't sure if the guy he replaced ran him through it before he left.

He then sends an email saying 'Hey, so and so says you are the man.  What's the procedure with fixing etc. etc. in the system?  I was so fucking mad yesterday.  I don't know if he has power issues as trying to claim people and venues as his own really fucks me off.  If he's trying to step on my toes, he's met his match.  I know all that probably didn't make a lot of sense, but damn I'm annoyed.

I'm the easiest guy to work with, and don't expect him to know everything as we can take our time and start working through things, but the blatant disregard, I get the strong feeling he's either intimidated or just so far up his own ass he thinks he's better than everyone.  It's not a control thing for me, but the lack of gratitude, respect and common courtesy is something I can't cop.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 03:41:55 PM by wolfking »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #407 on: January 28, 2020, 03:51:56 PM »
So I'm trying get this straight...

You oversee multiple venues. How many?

Is this guy's job to co-manage them with you, or does he report to you? Who does he report to? Why was he hired? Was it to relieve you of your over-workload? Was he hired to oversee some of them?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #408 on: January 28, 2020, 04:08:10 PM »
So I'm trying get this straight...

You oversee multiple venues. How many?

Is this guy's job to co-manage them with you, or does he report to you? Who does he report to? Why was he hired? Was it to relieve you of your over-workload? Was he hired to oversee some of them?

4 in total.  Yes, his role is to co manage with me.  We've had 2 supervisors in the past, 1 at the 1 largest venue then 1 for 3 very small ones close to each other.  I don't want to get too specific here.  Over the past 4 years, we've had multiple people in that role that come and go, but only stay a few months so about 3 of those years I've looked after all 4 myself.  A lot of work.  The role was filled because I started putting extra hours and overtime in.  It looked bad for the bosses but I got to a point where I was sick of doing 20-25 hours a week for free. 

So at the moment, he is based at the 3 smaller ones and I'm at the big 1 that makes all the money.  I'm his work training buddy and the one that has to show him everything, so in a sense while he doesn't directly report to me, in the short term, he kind of does.  He was hired because the mechanical side of the job he nailed the questions.  The mechanical side, he should know more than me, but being more operation focused and working more with people management and customers, I'm not sure he's the right fit yet.

The aim is we have the same title, but not for specific venues, we just are based there if that makes sense.  There's no 'me' or 'my', it's ours and we supposed to be a team.  But I deserve respect to be acknowledged and listened to in the short term when he knows nothing of the role instead of going of half cocked.  I'm trying to put myself in his shoes for a different perspective but it's hard.  My immediate boss I work closely with was on an RDO yesterday so they will be getting a look at these emails and the events of yesterday.

I just don't understand power hungry people.  They obviously have a lot of self esteem issues and want to power to make themselves feel better about themselves.  That's my take anyway.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #409 on: January 28, 2020, 06:07:58 PM »
That would grind my gears as well.

Speaking of which, I will throw this into the pile: people who take a day off work and do not turn on their "out of office" email.  Seems like common sense to me, but I guess not.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #410 on: January 28, 2020, 07:15:55 PM »
Speaking of which, I will throw this into the pile: people who take a day off work and do not turn on their "out of office" email.  Seems like common sense to me, but I guess not.

That pisses you off? Geez.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #411 on: January 28, 2020, 07:53:50 PM »

That pisses you off? Geez.

I don't see that a lot where I work but have come in contact with people not turning them on.  Can be a bit annoying if you need that person for something and you waste time waiting for them and they are not there.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #412 on: January 28, 2020, 07:57:16 PM »
I figure you're waiting for the response either way. It's something I've never thought of, honestly.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #413 on: January 28, 2020, 08:08:12 PM »
Or in the case of today where something I had set up for yesterday didn't get taken care of because the lady I deal with was out of the office and she had no one else CC'd on our communication this time (and she doesn't always reply when I send the email saying it is all set up, so I thought nothing of it when she never replied yesterday).  Which means now I have to jump through a bunch of hoops re-scheduling something.  Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, and this was probably more suited for the "what annoys you" thread, but this one was closer to the top. :P

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #414 on: January 28, 2020, 08:11:29 PM »
Or in the case of today where something I had set up for yesterday didn't get taken care of because the lady I deal with was out of the office and she had no one else CC'd on our communication this time (and she doesn't always reply when I send the email saying it is all set up, so I thought nothing of it when she never replied yesterday).  Which means now I have to jump through a bunch of hoops re-scheduling something.  Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, and this was probably more suited for the "what annoys you" thread, but this one was closer to the top. :P

In that case, it could be borderline legit for this thread haha.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #415 on: January 28, 2020, 08:14:03 PM »
With my situation, haven't had any contact with this guy yet today.  I'm kind of in the mindset of 'fuck him,' he doesn't want my help then he can crash and burn, but the problem is, things like rosters, dealing with stakeholders and bookings and other things are all done by me.  He needs to be intergrated into all this and I don't fucking want to.  He wants full control without my help and now I don't want to give him any.  It's a mindfuck and a tricky situation.

My direct boss not very happy with his interaction so far however.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #416 on: January 28, 2020, 08:19:16 PM »
Kade, just playing devils advocate, but do you think he's just trying to be self reliant?

Obviously not cool if there's things he MUST communicate with you for, but have those things been clearly communicated to him?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #417 on: January 28, 2020, 08:34:22 PM »
Kade, just playing devils advocate, but do you think he's just trying to be self reliant?

Obviously not cool if there's things he MUST communicate with you for, but have those things been clearly communicated to him?

That's what I keep telling myself.  I'm trying to run all these different perspectives though my head.  Time will tell I guess.  As far as I know, yes it's been communicated to him.  I'm just going to take things day by day at the moment.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #418 on: January 28, 2020, 08:37:25 PM »
I feel like his success will/should allow you to step back a little. I know you've talked about how hard and how much you work. Maybe the guy's a Class A dick. Stay positive.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #419 on: January 28, 2020, 09:21:08 PM »
That would grind my gears as well.

Don't mean this to be argumentative, but to present an alternative way of thinking about it... I haven't put an "out of office" notice for more than a handful of days over the past ten years; actually the only two I can think of are my wedding and when I was in the hospital. I have a phone on which I can check email. If there needs to be a response I can manage/coordinate it.   If there is a bigger need for the moment I can delegate/handoff/reschedule.   My job is essentially "consulting", and either it's a ten minute issue or multi-day.  If I am out for more than a couple days, it backs up too much or goes to other people in my group, and I don't feel comfortable with that.  Not that they are not very capable, or that I am so great, but because it's not fair to them.