What album are you listening to? v.6

Started by bosk1, March 29, 2018, 08:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Walrus

Ages - Uncrown
melodic black metal

I actually pre-ordered this record months ago and it finally shipped/released today so while I wait for my CD to arrive I'm jamming the Spotify version and it's so good

Sacul

From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

The Walrus

Quote from: Sacul on August 24, 2020, 08:50:49 AM
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

:rollin

New sig quote.

Sacul

The Walrus

Went back to the first Ages record, The Malefic Miasma. Enjoying the hell out of this. I'm buds (more like acquaintances, but I like calling him my friend  :lol) with one of the guys in this band and I am just loving this music. I'm both glad and annoyed I waited until the second record dropped to listen to this, but now I'm getting a double dose of awesomeness. :2metal:

Late afternoon jam before work is over:

Lowdz

NoseofNicko

This has grown on me a lot. One of my favorite metal albums of the year now.

jjrock88

Skid Row- s/t

Ratt- Dancing Undercover

TAC

Lowdz

The Walrus

Tower of Power - T.O.P., Souled Out, Rhythm & Business... these 90s albums are a real letdown compared to their early stuff. Where I was discovering gem after gem, record after record, it all seems to fall apart once the 80s come around. These aren't bad but they just sound so much less energetic and inspired than the older stuff, they don't have the same energy. Seems like a lot of the songs sound all the same, too. It's well played but I was hoping for more compelling tunes. Not a huge loss though considering how good the 70s stuff is.

Lowdz

Thin Lizzy - Chinatown

AC⚡️DC - For Those About To Rock

Darren Householder - Symphonic Aggression

NoseofNicko

Big Hath

Train of Naught

Lowdz

ZKX-2099

The Walrus

Tower of Power - Step Up
Kyros - Celexa Dreams
Grimes - Miss Anthropocene

Zydar

NoseofNicko

Quote from: The Walrus on August 26, 2020, 09:42:20 AM

Have you given any of her other albums a listen? Visions and Art Angels are great.

The Walrus

Quote from: NoseofNicko on August 26, 2020, 12:07:15 PM
Quote from: The Walrus on August 26, 2020, 09:42:20 AM

Have you given any of her other albums a listen? Visions and Art Angels are great.

I have not (yet). Miss Anthropocene has several songs I really dig but I haven't been compelled to check out her older albums; I'll give those a listen soon enough.

Now it's Protest the Hero - Palimpsest

Last album of the day: Unleash the Archers - Abyss. Damn.  :hefdaddy

Big Hath

HOF

An album called Emergency Third Rail Power Trip by a band called The Rain Parade. Fascinatingly timeless sounding.

jjrock88

Lowdz

Van Halen - Women & Children First

Unleash The Archers - Abyss

Vicious Rumors - Soldiers of The night, Live You To Death 2, Celebration Decay

SwedishGoose

This one has been on repeat since I got it yesterday

NoseofNicko

cramx3

Unleash the Archers - Abyss
Demons & Wizards - III
Caligula's Horse - Rise Radiant

Bentower

Kreator - Coma of Souls
Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse
Whitesnake - Slip of the Tongue
Focus - Moving Waves
John Petrucci - Terminal Velocity
Pain of Salvation - Panther

Lowdz

John Petrucci - Terminal Velocity -  :metal I used to be a huge instrumental album fan back in the Shrapnel days but very little has grabbed me in recent times. This is awesome.

ReaperKK

Quote from: Lowdz on August 28, 2020, 04:55:26 AM
John Petrucci - Terminal Velocity -  :metal I used to be a huge instrumental album fan back in the Shrapnel days but very little has grabbed me in recent times. This is awesome.

About to spin this myself

Lowdz

Quote from: ReaperKK on August 28, 2020, 06:30:13 AM
Quote from: Lowdz on August 28, 2020, 04:55:26 AM

About to spin this myself

playing it for the third time today as i work  :metal

The Walrus