Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 122988 times)

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
What pissed you off today?
« on: May 23, 2019, 08:38:36 PM »
A thread to vent. Sometimes that's all you need to feel better. Let it out, my child.
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 10:15:23 AM »
Found a shopping cart out of the corral. Starting this thread off right.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 10:22:58 AM »
Nothing. I don't really get pissed off much.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 10:35:25 AM »
Nothing yet, but I will keep you posted.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 11:38:19 AM »
So...is this basically the next level thread beyond the "Things I Find Mildly Irritating" thread?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2019, 07:26:07 PM »
Found a shopping cart out of the corral. Starting this thread off right.

Meanwhile, in Russia, there's a pregnant old lady standing on a bus.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2019, 07:25:02 AM »
:rollin
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2019, 11:07:13 PM »
Car in front of my stopped at a green light for a pedestrian-activated crosswalk.

If it's just a regular crosswalk, sure, but when it has a pedestrian-activated light and YOU have the GREEN then you DO NOT STOP.  Myself and everyone behind you sees the green light and treats it as such and then you go and stop unexpectedly and dangerously.

Flashing green crosswalk light = go.
Solid green crosswalk light = go.
Yellow-to-red crosswalk light = slow down and stop cuz the pedestrian just activated it.

It feels like this has actually happened to me more times in the last year than in my whole life.  If I'm wrong I'd like to know but as far as I know you DO NOT STOP AT A GREEN LIGHT EVER.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2019, 03:32:08 AM »

If I'm wrong I'd like to know but as far as I know you DO NOT STOP AT A GREEN LIGHT EVER.

What if there's a pedestrian already in the crosswalk? :)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2019, 10:31:28 AM »

If I'm wrong I'd like to know but as far as I know you DO NOT STOP AT A GREEN LIGHT EVER.

Survival of the fittest. Car is fitter than pedestrian.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2019, 12:16:51 PM »

Even your car?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2019, 12:42:42 PM »

Even your car?

:lol

Jesus Chad.  Jay, you walked into that. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2019, 12:58:26 PM »
I'm missing my back bumper, not my front... so yes, still fitter than a pedestrian!
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2019, 02:28:08 PM »
I'm missing my back bumper, not my front... so yes, still fitter than a pedestrian!

Did you back up into someone?
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2019, 04:31:55 PM »
Car in front of my stopped at a green light for a pedestrian-activated crosswalk.

If it's just a regular crosswalk, sure, but when it has a pedestrian-activated light and YOU have the GREEN then you DO NOT STOP.  Myself and everyone behind you sees the green light and treats it as such and then you go and stop unexpectedly and dangerously.

Flashing green crosswalk light = go.
Solid green crosswalk light = go.
Yellow-to-red crosswalk light = slow down and stop cuz the pedestrian just activated it.

It feels like this has actually happened to me more times in the last year than in my whole life.  If I'm wrong I'd like to know but as far as I know you DO NOT STOP AT A GREEN LIGHT EVER.

Ah, so if a pedestrian is illegaly crossing against the light, and you have the green, you are going to just run them over and keep going, because you do not stop a green light ever? :P

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2019, 11:34:22 PM »

Did you back up into someone?

An F150 as I was backing out of my driveway. Dude was speeding and took a corner too fast for me to notice him... Dude spoke no English, and had to run to his cousin's a few houses down from me ( who owned the truck) to get his insurance paperwork. Doesn't matter though. I was automatically at fault.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline PetFish

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2019, 12:11:54 AM »
Ugh, ok, LITERALLY SPEAKING, you stop at a green light if there's someone in the crosswalk, but you don't just stop at a green light just cuz someone is waiting to cross, everyone behind you sees the green and that means we're going through and then you decide to stop.  NO!

TL;DR - Still pissed off about these moron drivers who stop at green lights.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2019, 05:58:15 AM »
Pissed me off yesterday:

My buddy and I co-hosted a BBQ for memorial day. Based on responses, we had planned on somewhere between 16 and 20 people showing up. 8 people actually showed.

It really pissed me off because he and I take that kind of thing seriously. We want to please our guests. I was up until midnight the night before (I worked all day Saturday and Sunday at my kitchen job) and was up at 5 Monday morning to finish prepping. Loaded up my smokers and was at my buddy's house for 6:30 and got everything rolling. I spent close to $200 on food, only about half of which got eaten because so many people who said they were coming didn't show or bother to let us know they weren't coming. 

I mean, I guess it's kind of cool that I now have, among other stuff, 8lbs of pork belly burnt ends sitting in my fridge, but I don't feel like eating that for the next week in an effort to not have to throw it away.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2019, 07:31:27 AM »
Now that's why I like not having people over. Speaking of which...

Invited my friends over this weekend. One of them wants to move in with me which I initially thought was cool, but his stuff has been sitting in a spare room of mine for almost 3 months now. I made a rule to not smoke cigarettes inside, you can step outside and smoke, I don't want that shit clinging to my furniture for days, it's nice weather. Got all uppity over it, eventually just started lighting one up at the kitchen table and brushed me off when I told him to take it outside. WTF? Respect other people's homes. Also asked them to pick up their cigarette butts; went outside the next day and there were literally over 40 cigarette butts sitting around the tree beside the back porch. (He crashed on the couch; I woke up early and went to the gym, when I came back and he left there were cigarette butts in my drinking glass on the coffee table. Motherf...)

Can't even trust your best friends to be respectful when you ask 'em.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 07:36:47 AM by Kattelox »
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Ruba

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2019, 08:04:18 AM »
Chino: man that sucks. Did any of those no-show people give a particular reason why they didn't come or was it complete radio silence? The way I see it, if you're invited somewhere and you can't make it/don't want to go, the least you could do is to contact the host and tell them (even a white little lie). Nothing too hard or time-consuming. Indeed, it's not like you snapped your fingers and the table was full of hamburgers, you'd expect at least a little bit of respect from potential guests. But look at it this way; at least now you know who not to invite for the next BBQ.

Katt: that sucks, too. I guess you can't always know what kind of roommate a person will be, no matter how fun it is to hang out with them. I know I wouldn't want to move in with my best friend in a million years though. :lol You're being completely reasonable and if he acts all five-year old about it, maybe he's not some one you want to share your house with.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2019, 08:44:01 AM »
Chino: man that sucks. Did any of those no-show people give a particular reason why they didn't come or was it complete radio silence? The way I see it, if you're invited somewhere and you can't make it/don't want to go, the least you could do is to contact the host and tell them (even a white little lie). Nothing too hard or time-consuming. Indeed, it's not like you snapped your fingers and the table was full of hamburgers, you'd expect at least a little bit of respect from potential guests. But look at it this way; at least now you know who not to invite for the next BBQ.

One person I invited that didn't show texted me first thing in the morning saying they weren't going to be able to make it. The rest were on my buddy's wife's end. She had invited a bunch of her girlfriends and their husbands, and I guess they just never came. Assholes.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2019, 08:49:32 AM »
I'm pissed off that Kev made it seem like I was defending the Boston Bruins.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2019, 08:50:17 AM »
Pissed me off yesterday:

My buddy and I co-hosted a BBQ for memorial day. Based on responses, we had planned on somewhere between 16 and 20 people showing up. 8 people actually showed.

It really pissed me off because he and I take that kind of thing seriously. We want to please our guests. I was up until midnight the night before (I worked all day Saturday and Sunday at my kitchen job) and was up at 5 Monday morning to finish prepping. Loaded up my smokers and was at my buddy's house for 6:30 and got everything rolling. I spent close to $200 on food, only about half of which got eaten because so many people who said they were coming didn't show or bother to let us know they weren't coming. 

I mean, I guess it's kind of cool that I now have, among other stuff, 8lbs of pork belly burnt ends sitting in my fridge, but I don't feel like eating that for the next week in an effort to not have to throw it away.

That really sucks.....sorry to hear that. Were these people that are normally reliable?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2019, 08:50:34 AM »

:lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2019, 08:56:06 AM »

:lol :lol

Welcome to the dark side from which you can never return. :P

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2019, 09:28:19 AM »
Pissed me off yesterday:

That really sucks.....sorry to hear that. Were these people that are normally reliable?

I'm not sure on their reliability. Most were friends of friend's wife.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2019, 10:32:29 AM »

That's a tough one....you were basically counting on your buddies wife to come through for ya.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2019, 10:48:47 AM »

That's a tough one....you were basically counting on your buddies wife to come through for ya.

I didn't care who I was feeding, I just wanted an semi-accurate head count  :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2019, 11:12:13 AM »
Still trying to figure out why this thread exists separate from the "mildly irritating" thread.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2019, 11:37:34 AM »
I consider "mildly irritating" to be similar to "first world problems". For example, my refrigerator only displaying in Celsius is mildly irritating, but it doesn't piss me off.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2019, 12:04:51 PM »
I consider "mildly irritating" to be similar to "first world problems". For example, my refrigerator only displaying in Celsius is mildly irritating, but it doesn't piss me off.

Converting Americans .... one appliance at a time.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2019, 01:25:50 PM »
I got one, but cant go into details. Basically a series of events caused by people who are not me who are supposed to manage things and have their their finger on the pulse of things screwing the pooch and causing a chain reaction of events that let to someone getting into our gym at work and possibly taking photos of kids in a pool.

And the person who witnessed this did not inform my guy, the uniformed security officer standing outside, whom they walked passed when leaving, but waited 2 hours and had their significant other call with vague details, and then give different details, which caused it to take 2 days to even find the event on camera.

So people... people pissed me off today.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline PetFish

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2019, 10:30:03 PM »

Invited my friends over this weekend. One of them wants to move in with me which I initially thought was cool, but his stuff has been sitting in a spare room of mine for almost 3 months now. I made a rule to not smoke cigarettes inside, you can step outside and smoke, I don't want that shit clinging to my furniture for days, it's nice weather. Got all uppity over it, eventually just started lighting one up at the kitchen table and brushed me off when I told him to take it outside. WTF? Respect other people's homes. Also asked them to pick up their cigarette butts; went outside the next day and there were literally over 40 cigarette butts sitting around the tree beside the back porch. (He crashed on the couch; I woke up early and went to the gym, when I came back and he left there were cigarette butts in my drinking glass on the coffee table. Motherf...)

Gross.  What is it about smoking that makes people act like total turds anyway?  This turd is being exceptionally turdy and you need to tell him to fuck off:

1)  Smoking outside but leaving butts everywhere.
2)  Smoking inside.
3)  Leaving butts in your drink.  This is passive aggression at its finest and clearly shows he thinks less of you than you do of him and he needs to fuck off.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2019, 10:41:12 PM »
Pissed me off yesterday:

Lame, OOC though, did this head count come from a facebook event?  I've found from hosting my old (since I didn't do it last year) yearly BBQ that about 1/3 of the facebook attendees wouldn't show. 

WTF, how disrespectful can you be?  Cigarette smoke is pretty nasty and really sticks to the walls and clothing.  And then leaving a butt in your glass?  I'd be livid and throw his shit to the curb  :lol if he isn't paying rent, I can't see how he has any say in smoking in your place.

Offline TheCountOfMinnesota

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2019, 10:48:24 PM »

Dude, here's the all-time example of 'first world problems' for you: my wife and her friend were complaining at happy hour about how much they hate it when their diamond engagement rings bump into things, like table edges. I called them out on it, and made some joke about their rings 'accidentally bumping' into their cleaning lady's face. They realized how ridiculous they sounded.
PBR me ASAP