Author Topic: 2022 NFL Thread (Chiefs win Super Bowl 57)  (Read 102944 times)

Offline pg1067

Re: 2022 NFL Thread
« Reply #630 on: September 08, 2022, 06:03:51 PM »
Bart, I have no idea how you're up on any of this. It's amazing actually.
I just googled their retail price on release. :dunno:

I remember the graphics being pretty terrible though.
Compared to the 2600? It was far superior in terms of graphics.

I remember that George Plimpton ad.  To the 14/15 year old me, he came across as a pompous, insufferable ass - especially after I had played Intellivision with that horrible disc controller (which they tried to pimp up by pointing out that it had 8 points of contact, instead of the 2600's 4 points).

did I see that Ozzy is playing at halftime?  Ive read hes doing well after the surgery but.....

"Playing" = (I assume) waddling about on stage while lip-syncing.  I may have to tune in for that just for unintended entertainment value.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2022 NFL Thread (Bills/Rams tonight + Nintendo talk!!)
« Reply #631 on: September 08, 2022, 07:53:56 PM »
Good first half.  This could easily be the Super Bowl.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #632 on: September 08, 2022, 08:33:32 PM »
Josh Allen is a special player. He has everything you could possibly want in a quarterback, including the will to win that a team can rally around. It’s hard to root against him and the Bills, even as a fan of a division rival.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #633 on: September 08, 2022, 08:38:40 PM »
I remember how bad he looked early on. Once it clicked for him, he looks unstoppable now. He's fantastic.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #634 on: September 08, 2022, 08:39:40 PM »
The Pats are in trouble. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #635 on: September 08, 2022, 08:41:48 PM »
Holy shit what a throw!! :omg: :omg:
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #636 on: September 08, 2022, 08:41:48 PM »
Duh. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline faizoff

« Reply #637 on: September 08, 2022, 08:43:28 PM »
Amazing game to begin the season.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #638 on: September 08, 2022, 08:58:01 PM »
They have 4 turnovers, yet the Bills are still beating the Rams 31-10 (no extra credit for the road thing since Rams home games in LA are never really home games :lol).  It is always best to not overreact to week 1, but the Bills look fantastic.  Their D looks much improved.  I know it was number 1 last year, but they feasted on a lot of average to below average QBs.  Shutting this Rams offense down like this is a statement.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #639 on: September 08, 2022, 10:33:17 PM »
This was my pick for the super bowl (and outcome). Which is funny because I've thought all along that LAR isn't a repeat kind of team. I've actually got them backing into the playoffs with a WC, and turning it on from there.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #640 on: September 09, 2022, 06:21:29 AM »
This was my pick for the super bowl (and outcome). Which is funny because I've thought all along that LAR isn't a repeat kind of team. I've actually got them backing into the playoffs with a WC, and turning it on from there.

Same here.  IIRC, my pick was Buffalo over GB in the SB, with Rams getting in as a wild card team and then winning two road games before losing at GB in the NFCCG. 

What's scary for the league is that a) Buffalo's number 1 D got even better, and b) Josh Allen looks better at pre-snap reads.  He made a few mistakes (that 2nd INT was totally his fault as he threw behind the receiver), but the Rams D is legit, so those will happen. Most defenses they will face won't be as good as LA's, and they still put up 31 despite 4 TOs.  If I am a Bills fan, Allen's health is my biggest concern.  He looks to run and initiate contact, and I get that he's a big guy, but all it takes is one wrong hit to his shoulder or something, and their season tanks.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: 2022 NFL Thread
« Reply #641 on: September 09, 2022, 07:08:25 AM »
What on earth is a PS5 console?

Listen, Triceratops, it's PlayStation 5. Which I, being a fellow Jurassic era guy, do not have.

Ah gotcha.  ;D

I never made it past Intellivision. My stepson played Nintendo when he was a kid. I also know of Atari and Colecovision.

Owned all of them as well as the Atari 5200, 7800, 1200xl computer. Sega, Genesis, Dreamcast. Nintendo Nes, SNes,  64, Gamecube & Wii.

I use my PLayStation as a Blu-ray player.

The 5200 and the 7800 were holy grails for me.  I had the 2600 and the Nintendo.  I never got the advanced Atari consoles.  I thought about going back and trying to find one, but never did.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #642 on: September 09, 2022, 08:20:36 AM »

Same here.  IIRC, my pick was Buffalo over GB in the SB, with Rams getting in as a wild card team and then winning two road games before losing at GB in the NFCCG. 

What's scary for the league is that a) Buffalo's number 1 D got even better, and b) Josh Allen looks better at pre-snap reads.  He made a few mistakes (that 2nd INT was totally his fault as he threw behind the receiver), but the Rams D is legit, so those will happen. Most defenses they will face won't be as good as LA's, and they still put up 31 despite 4 TOs.  If I am a Bills fan, Allen's health is my biggest concern.  He looks to run and initiate contact, and I get that he's a big guy, but all it takes is one wrong hit to his shoulder or something, and their season tanks.
Yup, even after the game was well in control (technically Buf controlled the game from the opening kickoff, even when they kept turning the ball over). In the 4th quarter of a game they were in complete control of he was still looking to initiate contact, and that idiot Collinsworth kept talking about it as a strength of Sean McDermott.

Another possibility, perhaps not this year, but soon, is that because he's so freakishly good Allen inherits Mahomes' messiah complex. Dude had an air of smugness about him, and I can see him becoming a bit too confident in himself.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline pg1067

« Reply #643 on: September 09, 2022, 10:29:26 AM »
First of all, I thought this game was supposed to be on Amazon Prime.  I got home and went to watch (since the Dodgers were off yesterday), but it was nowhere to be found.  By complete happenstance, I saw that it was, in fact, on Peacock, so I was able to tune it in.

Unfortunately, I didn't get home in time to see Ozzy.  How bad was he?

I also didn't see any of the game because my kid needed my help assembling the military grade gaming desk that he ordered.  By the time we got it built, the game was over.   :lol
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #644 on: September 09, 2022, 10:33:55 AM »
First of all, I thought this game was supposed to be on Amazon Prime.  I got home and went to watch (since the Dodgers were off yesterday), but it was nowhere to be found.  By complete happenstance, I saw that it was, in fact, on Peacock, so I was able to tune it in.

Unfortunately, I didn't get home in time to see Ozzy.  How bad was he?

I also didn't see any of the game because my kid needed my help assembling the military grade gaming desk that he ordered.  By the time we got it built, the game was over.   :lol

Yeah, I was watching another group of geriatrics so I missed Oz. What's the what there?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #645 on: September 09, 2022, 10:47:38 AM »
They said NBC showed 10 seconds of him only.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #646 on: September 09, 2022, 11:00:28 AM »
Yeah, he sounded real good for ten seconds, and then they went back to silly people talking about pointless shit. Overall, the presentation of the game last night was a miserable failure. I know I'm a grumpy old man and all, but listening to those people drone on and on about what we just saw is nauseating. When I'm watching from home I'm going to start listening to the SAP in Spanish. I don't speak it, but that's why it'll work.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #647 on: September 09, 2022, 11:15:26 AM »
Teams need to play for 60 minutes a game.  Rams didn't get the memo. :loser:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #648 on: September 11, 2022, 10:43:46 AM »
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!     :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #649 on: September 11, 2022, 11:11:44 AM »
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!     :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

Yes, but also no. Life as a Jets fan is confusing and often difficult.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #650 on: September 11, 2022, 11:14:27 AM »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #651 on: September 11, 2022, 11:27:42 AM »

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #652 on: September 11, 2022, 12:10:37 PM »
This Jets O-line is gonna be a problem yet again this season.

-MirrorMask

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #653 on: September 11, 2022, 12:12:43 PM »
TJ Watt and that Steelers D has Burrow and his team looking like the Bungals.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #654 on: September 11, 2022, 12:31:41 PM »
Fucking Pats WTF??  This is going to be a long season.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #655 on: September 11, 2022, 12:39:43 PM »
No surprise though.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #656 on: September 11, 2022, 12:45:14 PM »
Perhaps, but not really based on anything we've seen today. The Pats D gave up one ugly play but have otherwise played decently. The offense has looked much better than expected, honestly, and were it not for a shitty call on the first drive the game's very different. That non-call was a 10 point swing. The only thing that's particularly concerning are the injuries to Duggar and Phillips.
E.F. Benson

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #657 on: September 11, 2022, 12:57:07 PM »
The Jets need to seriously consider putting Mike White in. The team actually looks pretty good but Flacco’s lack of mobility combined with the reshuffled O-line is killing them.

EDIT: Also the Bills must be licking their chops watching the other three AFC East teams play right now.

-MirrorMask

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #658 on: September 11, 2022, 12:58:55 PM »
Perhaps, but not really based on anything we've seen today. The Pats D gave up one ugly play but have otherwise played decently. The offense has looked much better than expected, honestly, and were it not for a shitty call on the first drive the game's very different. That non-call was a 10 point swing. The only thing that's particularly concerning are the injuries to Duggar and Phillips.

I agree Bart. But this is against Miami, and it's frustrating that today is gonna be not good enough.
Duggar was having a good game too.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #659 on: September 11, 2022, 01:01:32 PM »
I think he was hit in the rocks.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #660 on: September 11, 2022, 01:02:33 PM »
Patriots fans when they realize what life is like after TB12:

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #661 on: September 11, 2022, 01:10:18 PM »
I think he was hit in the rocks.
First thing I thought, but he wasn't racked. He wasn't in enough pain, and the trainers were feeling around for a bruise to the abdomen.

I agree Bart. But this is against Miami, and it's frustrating that today is gonna be not good enough.
Duggar was having a good game too.
Miami's an improved division rival. They're always going to be competitive. And at the moment McCorkle is 17/21-149 1-1 and the one pick was on the refs, not him. That could easily be 2-0. Like I said, they're not playing as bad as the score suggests, at all.
E.F. Benson

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #662 on: September 11, 2022, 01:14:34 PM »
New season, same shitty Panthers.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #663 on: September 11, 2022, 01:28:12 PM »
@ Bart, I'm glad you're encouraged by today's game, but I did expect this game to be competitive. They are simply not making the plays that need to be made.

I'm quite discouraged by it, honestly.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #664 on: September 11, 2022, 01:42:39 PM »
Patriots fans when they realize what life is like after TB12:

Nah.  It's been doom and gloom all preseason because of the coaching staff.