Author Topic: 2022 NFL Thread (Chiefs win Super Bowl 57)  (Read 102739 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: 2022 NFL Thread
« Reply #595 on: September 07, 2022, 10:42:53 AM »
I have Amazon Prime. But I'm gonna watch it on my computer?? Fuck that. I don't really watch the game intently, but I like to have it on while I DTF and stuff. I want to look up at my TV and watch when I want.

That blows!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Skeever

« Reply #596 on: September 07, 2022, 11:03:35 AM »
I have Amazon Prime. But I'm gonna watch it on my computer?? Fuck that. I don't really watch the game intently, but I like to have it on while I DTF and stuff. I want to look up at my TV and watch when I want.

That blows!

There is an app for smart TVs and other devices like consoles and Blu-ray players that may have the capability for streaming apps

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #597 on: September 07, 2022, 11:10:59 AM »

That blows!

There is an app for smart TVs and other devices like consoles and Blu-ray players that may have the capability for streaming apps

Yeah, I have a TV where I could do that, but on a Thursday night in the fall, I'd likely be watching the Bruins, or playoff baseball, maybe an early season Celtics game, but if I want to check on the football game, I now have change my TV input, and well, it now becomes a giant pain in the ass.

Not that they care, as they have their money, but my TV had Thursday Night Football on every week last season, and this year...it won't be on once. I'm just one viewer so I know I don't matter, obviously.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #598 on: September 07, 2022, 11:23:17 AM »
God you are old, man.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #599 on: September 07, 2022, 11:24:06 AM »
Tim, what's your cable company?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #600 on: September 07, 2022, 11:25:53 AM »
Tim, what's your cable company?

Xfinity I think.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #601 on: September 07, 2022, 11:27:25 AM »
God you are old, man.

That doesn't make me old though. It's going to require too many extra steps to check in or watch the game. I probably have to sign in to my TV. Fuck all that.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #602 on: September 07, 2022, 11:36:22 AM »
Yeah, I have a TV where I could do that, but on a Thursday night in the fall, I'd likely be watching the Bruins, or playoff baseball, maybe an early season Celtics game, but if I want to check on the football game, I now have change my TV input, and well, it now becomes a giant pain in the ass.

Not that they care, as they have their money, but my TV had Thursday Night Football on every week last season, and this year...it won't be on once. I'm just one viewer so I know I don't matter, obviously.
Maybe you're making more of this than it needs to be.  I have cable, but usually watch it through an app on our TV rather than the actual cable input.  If I wanted to still do that while watching Prime for Thursday Night Football, and wanted to check something else out, I would have to close Prime and then open the cable app.

But on Thursdays, I will watch cable through the cable input like most cable watchers do, and have the Prime app on through THAT input.  Then whenever I want to toggle back and forth, I would just need to hit my TV's input button.  Cable or Prime.  No pain in the ass.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #603 on: September 07, 2022, 12:27:28 PM »
Toggling my TV's input makes it a pain in the ass for me. I don't care about football enough to do this.

Like I said, they are losing a viewer here. I hope they're able to replace it online. But neither of my kids, who are online all the time care about football either, so it's not like it's transitioning to a younger demographic in my house anyway.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #604 on: September 07, 2022, 12:37:33 PM »
If you upgrade to the X-1 series with the DVR, you don't have to toggle.  There's an app section.  It's real easy.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #605 on: September 07, 2022, 06:21:09 PM »
I am with Tim on this.  Spreading the games out over so many channels and streaming services is simply going to result in many fans not watching.  I don't have Prime, and I am not getting it just to watch one football game a week.  And I know, the NFL has so much money, so who cares, but it blows.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #606 on: September 07, 2022, 06:23:59 PM »
I don't like it either but he has Amazon Prime. He just hates technology. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #607 on: September 07, 2022, 06:30:25 PM »
But I get what he means about being able to flip back and forth quickly between that and something else, if you have to get Prime up and running every time you want to switch over.

I came to the realization a while back that the reason I rarely watch concert videos anymore is due to the advances in technology. Back in the day, I could leave one in the VCR, and if I were watching a ball game or something and wanted a break for a bit, I could just hit play and watch a few songs and then go right back to the game.  Now, you have to click over to the app, start it up, go through the menu and then finally get to a song.  It makes the flipping around process suck, so I just don't do it. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #608 on: September 07, 2022, 06:39:00 PM »
It isn't that hard. Shit, Tim probably had to deal with rabbit ears sooooooo....

Offline Skeever

« Reply #609 on: September 08, 2022, 06:37:54 AM »
I am with Tim on this.  Spreading the games out over so many channels and streaming services is simply going to result in many fans not watching.  I don't have Prime, and I am not getting it just to watch one football game a week.  And I know, the NFL has so much money, so who cares, but it blows.

NFL need to get their act together, ditch DirectTV and just offer a season ticket package independently like every other league have. I think they are getting close, but not there yet. I've got hopes that next year is the year, as I believe their contract with DirectTV is up in 2023, and they've already launched their own "NFL+" app which is slowly encroaching on Sunday Ticket (though, only Preseason, thus far).

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #610 on: September 08, 2022, 07:25:57 AM »
Toggling my TV's input makes it a pain in the ass for me. I don't care about football enough to do this.
Whatever. No skin off my nose. If you don't care enough about football to hit a button, that's your business.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #611 on: September 08, 2022, 09:27:49 AM »

NFL need to get their act together, ditch DirectTV and just offer a season ticket package independently like every other league have. I think they are getting close, but not there yet. I've got hopes that next year is the year, as I believe their contract with DirectTV is up in 2023, and they've already launched their own "NFL+" app which is slowly encroaching on Sunday Ticket (though, only Preseason, thus far).
Agreed. Better still, renew with DTV but non-exclusively. Let them compete with a wired carrier. Looks like it's currently up to $293/yr, and that's getting real close to the point I'd rather go through the hassle of stealing it rather than paying for the convenience. At the same time, it's also possible that all of these lucrative broadcasting rights deals include a no-compete clause. It's entirely possible that the NFL's unwillingness to offer such a package has to do with the other services rather than DTV.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline pg1067

« Reply #612 on: September 08, 2022, 09:48:54 AM »

I more or less agree.  We have two TVs.  The living room TV is old and not "smart."  There's a Fire stick, but it didn't work the last time I tried it.  The bedroom TV is "smart," but the process of switching from the cable box to the home screen and then scroll down to the Amazon app and then click around to find the game is more effort than it's worth.  If it's a game I really want to watch (e.g., if it's the Broncos), then I'll probably go there and leave it there.  I guess the good part is that, in an average season, I MIGHT watch 1-2 TNF games, so it really won't matter much.  As long as the Sunday and Monday games stay where they are.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #613 on: September 08, 2022, 12:12:30 PM »
I already have Prime Video anyway, but the app is on my PS5 console (much faster streaming than my smart tv).  All I have to do is switch back and forth.  Piece O' cake. :tup
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #614 on: September 08, 2022, 01:12:03 PM »
What on earth is a PS5 console?

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #615 on: September 08, 2022, 01:13:41 PM »

Listen, Triceratops, it's PlayStation 5. Which I, being a fellow Jurassic era guy, do not have.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - NOW AVAILABLE!

Order at www.roadstomadness.com/book.html!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #616 on: September 08, 2022, 01:16:34 PM »

Listen, Triceratops, it's PlayStation 5. Which I, being a fellow Jurassic era guy, do not have.

Ah gotcha.  ;D

I never made it past Intellivision. My stepson played Nintendo when he was a kid. I also know of Atari and Colecovision.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #617 on: September 08, 2022, 01:20:13 PM »

Ah gotcha.  ;D

I never made it past Intellivision. My stepson played Nintendo when he was a kid. I also know of Atari and Colecovision.

God, we're so old.  :lol
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - NOW AVAILABLE!

Order at www.roadstomadness.com/book.html!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #618 on: September 08, 2022, 01:28:34 PM »

Ah gotcha.  ;D

Owned all of them as well as the Atari 5200, 7800, 1200xl computer. Sega, Genesis, Dreamcast. Nintendo Nes, SNes,  64, Gamecube & Wii.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #619 on: September 08, 2022, 03:11:26 PM »

Almost shit myself LMFAO!!  :lol :rollin :lol

Tim, for a split second I wasn't sure if you were joking or not.  I think you need a PS5 for xmas.  It's a lot more than just a gaming device :biggrin:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline pg1067

« Reply #620 on: September 08, 2022, 03:18:22 PM »

Ah gotcha.  ;D

My sister's husband's family (with whom we became friends) had an Atari 2600, and a friend of mine from my neighborhood had n Intellivision.  I though the Intellivision sucked.  I got a Colecovision...I think as a combo birthday/Christmas gift in 1982.  I thought it was really cool.  There was a hardware add-on that let you play Atari 2600 games, and I think I ended up playing more of those than Colecovision games.

Sometime in the late '80s or early '90s I got an NES, and then I think my now-wife got me the Super NES in '93 or '94.  I then got a PS3 for father's day in 2007, and that's as far as I went with video game consoles, although my kids have had a GameCube, a Wii and a PS4 (along with a couple of GameBoys).
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #621 on: September 08, 2022, 03:36:43 PM »

Ah gotcha.  ;D

My sister's husband's family (with whom we became friends) had an Atari 2600, and a friend of mine from my neighborhood had n Intellivision.  I though the Intellivision sucked.  I got a Colecovision...I think as a combo birthday/Christmas gift in 1982.  I thought it was really cool.  There was a hardware add-on that let you play Atari 2600 games, and I think I ended up playing more of those than Colecovision games.
Dude, in my world only the rich kids had Intelivisions, and the rest of us were jealous.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #622 on: September 08, 2022, 03:38:23 PM »
Huh?  I thought my parents bought Intellivision because it was cheaper than Atari. I know that all the kids we knew had Atari, and we were the only ones that had Intellivision.

Here's an ad from 1982..

« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 03:44:39 PM by TAC »

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #623 on: September 08, 2022, 03:54:57 PM »
That ad is right before the bottom fell out of the market. Introductory price for the Intellivision was about $275. By the time it came out the price of the 2600 had dropped quite a bit from its introductory price of $189 two years earlier. That two year delay was probably a bigger consideration. Parents who'd shelled out $150 for the 2600 weren't going to run out and buy a $250 console 2 years later. Except maybe this woman:lol
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #624 on: September 08, 2022, 04:02:26 PM »
That ad is right before the bottom fell out of the market. Introductory price for the Intellivision was about $275. By the time it came out the price of the 2600 had dropped quite a bit from its introductory price of $189 two years earlier. That two year delay was probably a bigger consideration. Parents who'd shelled out $150 for the 2600 weren't going to run out and buy a $250 console 2 years later. Except maybe this woman:lol

Bart, I have no idea how you're up on any of this. It's amazing actually.

I remember having Intellivision, but I grew out of it pretty quickly. Video games was never really my thing. If you told me that my parents shelled out more for Intellivision than my neighbor's parents shelled out for Atari, then that would blow my mind. My only guess would be that the salesman convinced my mother that Intellivision was FAR superior. We never went without, but we never had top of the line anything.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #625 on: September 08, 2022, 04:09:40 PM »
I had an Intellivision.  The sports games (mainly football) were the most realistic looking at the time.  It also had a sold separately voice model for added realism for some of the games.  However, those controllers and the little disc for a directional pad were god awful.  Later on, it was NES and SNES which eventually led to PlayStation.  The only PS console I didn't get was the PS3.  Most of those games can be streamed on PlayStation Now anyway.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #626 on: September 08, 2022, 04:12:43 PM »
I remember the disc wearing out. I think we bought something to put on them, a little joystick or something like that.

I remember the graphics being pretty terrible though.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #627 on: September 08, 2022, 05:05:29 PM »
Bart, I have no idea how you're up on any of this. It's amazing actually.
I just googled their retail price on release. :dunno:

I remember the graphics being pretty terrible though.
Compared to the 2600? It was far superior in terms of graphics.

E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2022 NFL Thread (Bills/Rams tonight + Nintendo talk!!)
« Reply #628 on: September 08, 2022, 05:12:00 PM »
Quite a conversation on the day of the first regular season game.  :lol :biggrin:

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
Re: 2022 NFL Thread (Bills/Rams tonight + Nintendo talk!!)
« Reply #629 on: September 08, 2022, 05:19:18 PM »
did I see that Ozzy is playing at halftime?  Ive read hes doing well after the surgery but.....
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"