Author Topic: 2022 NFL Thread (Chiefs win Super Bowl 57)  (Read 100512 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: 2022 NFL Thread (Coaching Stupidity at an all-time high)
« Reply #770 on: September 17, 2022, 04:03:26 PM »
I just thought it was amazing how in an instant he'd have the play broken down, who did what right or wrong.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #771 on: September 17, 2022, 04:26:20 PM »
Insightful, yes, but he is a bit too forceful with a narrative at times (see: not shutting up about Seattle throwing at the 1). 

Pete Carroll would probably agree.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #772 on: September 17, 2022, 04:39:52 PM »
I really don't want to litigate it again :lol, but throwing in that situation was fine.  Wilson just shouldn't have thrown it out in front of the WR like that. That works if you want to have your WR catch it in stride and run after the catch, but when you need 1 yard and the space is that tight, you throw it low and inside so the WR either catches it or no one does.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #773 on: September 18, 2022, 11:16:48 AM »
So the Browns are just gonna feed the ball to Chubb and the Jets are gonna let him run all over them? Cool. >:(
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #774 on: September 18, 2022, 02:12:05 PM »
HOLY SHIT THEY FUCKING WON!!!
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #775 on: September 18, 2022, 02:26:47 PM »
What a comeback by the Dolphins.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #776 on: September 18, 2022, 02:31:18 PM »

Oh yeah them, too.

-MirrorMask

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #777 on: September 18, 2022, 02:32:55 PM »
Chubb goes down at the 1, the game is over and the Browns win (Jets were out of timeouts with under two left).

Instead, he scores, they miss the XP so the lead stays at 13 and the Jets then score twice in the last two minutes to win. That is nuts.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #778 on: September 18, 2022, 02:41:24 PM »
Trey Lance carted off field in an air cast.

Man, keeping Garapalo looks really good right now.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #779 on: September 18, 2022, 03:06:15 PM »
Chubb goes down at the 1, the game is over and the Browns win (Jets were out of timeouts with under two left).

Instead, he scores, they miss the XP so the lead stays at 13 and the Jets then score twice in the last two minutes to win. That is nuts.

I’m sure his fantasy owners are happy though. :yeahright

Seriously, he’s a great running back, but make the smart play, even if it isn’t the flashy one. As soon as he got in the endzone, my first thought was “we have a chance”.

-MirrorMask

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #780 on: September 18, 2022, 04:35:09 PM »
The Saints gave him FIVE turnovers?!?!  :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #781 on: September 18, 2022, 04:56:32 PM »
Just as I predicted.  :hat
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #782 on: September 18, 2022, 04:59:06 PM »
Trey Lance carted off field in an air cast.

Man, keeping Garapalo looks really good right now.

Indeed.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #783 on: September 18, 2022, 05:28:14 PM »
The Raiders are exhibiting a truly astounding level of stupid to finish out this game against the Cards. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline pg1067

« Reply #784 on: September 18, 2022, 05:40:38 PM »
The Raiders are exhibiting a truly astounding level of stupid to finish out this game against the Cards.

Commitment to ExcrementTM
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #785 on: September 18, 2022, 05:45:48 PM »

Commitment to ExcrementTM

A buddy of mine is a hardcore Denver fan, and that's what he used to call his fantasy teams.  :lol

Nothing more entertaining than watching the Raider Nation meltdown on Facebook as their team collapses

Offline pg1067

« Reply #786 on: September 18, 2022, 05:50:36 PM »
Watching the Cards/Raiders game and wondering about the following hypothetical situation:

Let's say the team that wins the coin toss and receives the opening kickoff in OT keeps the ball for the entirety of OT* and either scores a touchdown or kicks a field goal as time expires.  Keep in mind that the OT period is now 10 minutes, not 15 as it always used to be.  Given the new rule that each team must possess the ball in OT, does the receiving team win, or does the score not count and the game end in a tie?

* - Yes, it's possible.  There have been numerous times in NFL history where one team has possessed the ball for more than 10 minutes.

Nothing more entertaining than watching the Raider Nation meltdown on Facebook as their team collapses

"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #787 on: September 18, 2022, 06:08:38 PM »
Love seeing the Raiders gag it away like that.  :metal :metal

Despite my abandonment of the Broncos as a fan, my dislike for the Raiders remains strong.  :hat :hat

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #788 on: September 19, 2022, 07:12:36 AM »

Joe Flacco is the GOAT.  ;)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #789 on: September 19, 2022, 07:15:48 AM »
Just as I predicted.  :hat

You made two REALLY good calls this weekend that I never saw coming.  I had a couple of picks I kind of wish I had more balls to make - the Colts game was one - but I can't say I ever would have picked either New England in Pittsburgh, or Miami against Baltimore. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #790 on: September 19, 2022, 07:23:26 AM »

Despite my abandonment of the Broncos as a fan, my dislike for the Raiders remains strong.  :hat :hat

It's an odd feeling watching McDaniels on the sideline.  All the genius in the world, and football comes down to basic blocking and tackling.  Renfrow puts the ball on the ground TWICE in the OT (I think he fumbled the earlier fumble that the Raiders recovered).  All the X's and O's in the world don't matter if you turn the ball over, or if you don't make the plays.

It galls me to see Kyler Murray pout his way to a victory though.  Week Two; let's see where the Cardinals are on Week 17.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #791 on: September 19, 2022, 07:26:23 AM »
The Saints gave him FIVE turnovers?!?!  :lol

Still have to make the plays; that throw to Perriman was text book.  There are 30 year olds that couldn't make that throw.

Offline emtee

« Reply #792 on: September 19, 2022, 07:43:01 AM »
Lions win. Amazing.

I know Brady doesn't like to lose but his temper was quite a sight to see. Maybe something heavy duty going on at home, hence the time off.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #793 on: September 19, 2022, 07:52:56 AM »
Lions win. Amazing.

I know Brady doesn't like to lose but his temper was quite a sight to see. Maybe something heavy duty going on at home, hence the time off.

Temper is a fine line in a sport; you can't lose your cool to the point it hurts your team, you can't get angry to the point you're pouting on the sideline, but a little fire is always a welcome sight for me in the teams I watch.  The Steelers do that so well, usually.

And at the end of the day, as I understand it, Brady's temper led to Lattimore not being on the field any more.  Just another reason he's the GOAT (I'm being precocious, here).  Sure, the Bucs lost Evans, too, but they have more weapons than just Evans.  I think Lattimore is their best DB.

EDIT:  I found this article on the incident.  HAHA, even I find this language funny: "Brady’s frustration was clear when he was caught on camera forcefully throwing a tablet to the turf with a healthy turn of his torso and full follow-through of his prolific right arm.". Haha, that's some flowery language; do I sense a man-crush happening here?  :)

Offline pg1067

« Reply #794 on: September 19, 2022, 09:58:16 AM »

Joe Flacco is the GOAT.  ;)

LOL...I didn't realize he was still in the league!

Go Broncos!  On a pace to score 17 touchdowns this season!  Woo hoo!

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #795 on: September 19, 2022, 11:16:54 AM »
Don't give a damn about the Niners, and I don't know if Lance was every going to be any good, but it's a shame he's done. There's a lot of potential there that might never develop. The odds of him living up to expectation just took a big hit.
E.F. Benson

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #796 on: September 19, 2022, 11:18:40 AM »
Just catching up on the highlights from this weekend and no surprised Charlotte loses again, I bet they get at least 10 losses under their belt this year.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #797 on: September 19, 2022, 12:34:22 PM »
Brady's temper is a little concerning to me.

The time off for something personal, the off-the-field erratic behavior, screaming at players and throwing tablets. Even how completely blitzed Brady got at the SB boat parade had me thinking twice.

I get that the NFL is a violent, intense, emotional sport. At the same time, the behavior DOES seem to be an outlier, and Brady sells an image of himself that he's this enlightened health nut who has overcome nature with his holistic health program. It just makes me wonder if I'm missing something, and if this might not be an example of a human being who seems perfect on the outside while a lot of red flags are being dismissed behind the scenes.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #798 on: September 19, 2022, 12:55:00 PM »

The time off for something personal, the off-the-field erratic behavior, screaming at players and throwing tablets. Even how completely blitzed Brady got at the SB boat parade had me thinking twice.

I get that the NFL is a violent, intense, emotional sport. At the same time, the behavior DOES seem to be an outlier, and Brady sells an image of himself that he's this enlightened health nut who has overcome nature with his holistic health program. It just makes me wonder if I'm missing something, and if this might not be an example of a human being who seems perfect on the outside while a lot of red flags are being dismissed behind the scenes.

Brady is still a human being with emotions that all human beings experience. And these can seep into the work place.

And that's my issue with idolizing anyone to the point where people seem to forget they're still humans, and not gods just because they're considered the GOAT. The idea of presenting an image for the public does not help ones mentality either, also the media bombarding one with headlines and stories about your personal life doesn't do much to help.

Apparently, his wife didn't want him to play anymore and now those issues are starting to be revealing as he begins to react this way during his job. These are things that can unfortunately lead to a fall from grace.

But that's his decision and he must now face the consequences of the path he has chosen.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #799 on: September 19, 2022, 12:57:26 PM »

You've never see him lose it on N.E. sidelines before?  1st that comes to mind was a shouting match with Josh McDaniels.

Edit: I just remembered his fight with Bill O'Brien as well.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #800 on: September 19, 2022, 01:35:54 PM »
I would expect that tempers are going to continue to flare.  Brady isn't doing this just to while away his fall/winter.  Knowing him he came back specifically to achieve a milestone (well, two: oldest ever to start a game, and to win another Super Bowl).  The more things stand in the way of that second goal, the more you might see those tempers flare, since I can imagine that might have been part of the "negotiation" with Giselle.

Pure speculation, though.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #801 on: September 19, 2022, 06:16:00 PM »

It's an odd feeling watching McDaniels on the sideline.  All the genius in the world, and football comes down to basic blocking and tackling.  Renfrow puts the ball on the ground TWICE in the OT (I think he fumbled the earlier fumble that the Raiders recovered).  All the X's and O's in the world don't matter if you turn the ball over, or if you don't make the plays.

It galls me to see Kyler Murray pout his way to a victory though.  Week Two; let's see where the Cardinals are on Week 17.

Eh, McDaniels and the word genius should never be used in the same sentence.  He has done nada without TB12 to show he is anything close to a genius.  Just like he failed in Denver quickly, I suspect the Raiders will learn fast that he is just another OC when he doesn't have Brady.

Online faizoff

« Reply #802 on: September 19, 2022, 07:41:40 PM »
This Bills team is crazy good so far, I know it's just two games but if they maintain this momentum they will go deep.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #803 on: September 19, 2022, 09:02:47 PM »
Don't give a damn about the Niners, and I don't know if Lance was every going to be any good, but it's a shame he's done. There's a lot of potential there that might never develop. The odds of him living up to expectation just took a big hit.

Mixed feelings. With Jimmy, they are a better team this year than without him. They are a shoe-in for the playoffs this year now, whereas with Lance, hard to say how far he could have taken them this year. But as you pointed out, this year was going to be crucial for Lance's long term development, so this is a problem for him and potentially the team for the long haul.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #804 on: September 19, 2022, 09:07:08 PM »
Vikings with their typical post Super Bowl (beating the Packers) hangover.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?