Author Topic: Loki (on Disney+) Official Thread - S2 Finale Out Now! Spoilers Within!  (Read 26069 times)

Offline HOF

Re: Loki (on Disney+) Official Thread - S2, New Eps Thursdays! Spoilers Within!
« Reply #350 on: November 04, 2023, 04:06:51 PM »
This episode kind of felt like it should have been the start of season 3 (and last week’s should have been the end of the season). Feels like there is going to be a sudden conclusion/fix to the mess they are in and it might feel unsatisfactory. But I guess we’ll see what happens.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #351 on: November 04, 2023, 08:32:28 PM »
This season has had a very odd rhythm overall.  The tone changes each episode, and we spend a lot of time with certain characters, then leave them for a while and focus on others, and between that and the rather frenetic nature of what they're doing in the first place, it's been hard to feel like there's any cohesiveness, any singular direction, to what's going on.  "Disjointed" may be a bit too strong, but it's something like that.  I haven't looked, but across the five episodes so far, I wouldn't be surprised if there have been at least two or three different directors.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #352 on: November 05, 2023, 07:36:54 AM »
From another site:

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #353 on: November 05, 2023, 08:53:47 AM »
Everything Is Connected. 👀🍿

The book by OB, "The Son Of Yoren" is based on Loki and Sylvie from the first season, specifically from the episode "Lamentis."

That's why when OB meets the god of mischief, he tells him that one of his characters has visited him. OB's science fiction is the foundation of the TVA and the story of the sacred timeline.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #354 on: November 05, 2023, 09:29:28 AM »
From another site:

That's awesome!!!

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #355 on: November 09, 2023, 06:34:10 PM »
Guys go to LOKI Facebook page.
Then go to Messages
And follow the screens to start a convo.
When it tells you: FOR ALL TIME
Reply: ALWAYS

Enjoy.

Offline The Letter M

Re: Loki (on Disney+) Official Thread - S2 Finale Out Now! Spoilers Within!
« Reply #356 on: November 09, 2023, 08:01:15 PM »
Wow... what a finale. I'm not sure if it's my favorite MCU D+ show finale, but it's up tthere. No post-credits stuff but the version of the main theme at the end is pretty killer.

I like that they left some things open in case there's a season three, or they all come back in a future project. There's a sense of bittersweet victory here that feels oddly fitting for Loki, both the character and the show.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #357 on: November 09, 2023, 08:45:22 PM »
I'm a little confused as to what Loki was supposed to have done there at the end.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #358 on: November 09, 2023, 08:58:33 PM »
As someone who enjoyed and follow along the plot pretty well, I'm not sure I get the finally. First time I feel the writing was a bit weird.

I really liked the first half of the episode, but not so much the ending.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline faizoff

« Reply #359 on: November 09, 2023, 09:29:16 PM »
Yeah not sure what Loki did there at the end by zapping the timelines with his green juice. He preserves the TVA by destroying the time loom? or injecting the timelines with his powers? and sits at some throne? Definitely going to need a rewatch with no distraction, didn't really follow a lot of threads.

"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline faizoff

« Reply #360 on: November 09, 2023, 09:38:39 PM »
No post-credits stuff but the version of the main theme at the end is pretty killer.

Yeah the music at the end was fantastic. Loved that version.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #361 on: November 09, 2023, 10:26:33 PM »
My take from it is that Loki is now essentially the king of time and he replaced the loom with himself. He is the conduit for all of the timelines. Sounds like the TVA's job now is to monitor all the variants of Kang and make sure they don't get out of line.

My issue was with these 'insiders' that said Marvel is screwed with Majors based on how the season ended. I really saw nothing there that screws Marvel having to rely on Majors.

And yes, fantastic finale. It felt both sad and happy. Bittersweet, I suppose.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #362 on: November 10, 2023, 06:46:06 AM »
I was zoning out and missed a bit, but yeah, fantastic finish. Gonna have to watch it again, but loved the soft, dramatic closing.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #363 on: November 10, 2023, 11:15:17 AM »
The last two episodes were fantastic.  I feel as a whole the season could have used one or two more episodes early on to help with the storytelling, but generally this was one of the better MCU shows.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #364 on: November 10, 2023, 12:08:10 PM »
Other than feeling a little confused about what Loki is doing at the end, season 2 was great and solidified Loki as my favorite MCU show.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #365 on: November 10, 2023, 12:48:47 PM »
Something really minor that bothered me from the finale was that when Loki went back to the Citadel, before Sylvie killed HWR, the lighting was different that the finale from season 1. Just me nitpicking  :mehlin
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #366 on: November 10, 2023, 01:36:18 PM »
So that was... something.  Definitely more entertaining than the Season 1 finale, and a very entertaining episode overall.  But as with most of this season, I feel like I've followed a lot of what's going on, possibly most, but certainly not all.  Loki was saying he figured out what kind of god he wants to be, so he's now Loki, More-or-Less Benevolent God of Time.  I guess.  That was my take, anyway.

Confusing, but still a lot of fun.

Offline HOF

« Reply #367 on: November 10, 2023, 09:30:07 PM »
This episode felt like they were scrambling to come up with a solution to something. I guess this was Loki’s send off though? He has to spend the rest of eternity holding time in place or something.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #368 on: November 11, 2023, 05:54:26 PM »
Apparently Loki becomes God of Stories in the comics. So is tat what he's supposed to be now?

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #369 on: November 11, 2023, 08:43:54 PM »
Maybe?  The MCU version of God of Stories?

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #370 on: November 11, 2023, 11:58:32 PM »
This episode felt like they were scrambling to come up with a solution to something. I guess this was Loki’s send off though? He has to spend the rest of eternity holding time in place or something.

Not just this episode…..the whole season. It was all disjointed and Willy nilly. I have a hunch they had the end game/end frame in mind and where they wanted to get to….which, was neat and beautiful and a good send off for Loki.

But the story and writing behind getting there was substandard for a MCU product like Loki. Whole season was choppy and confusing and it all failed to build anything for the final payoff.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #371 on: November 12, 2023, 12:09:26 AM »
You clearly were not watching the same show I was watching.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #372 on: November 12, 2023, 06:24:43 AM »
I thought this show/season was amazing. I love a good groundhog day scenario and I think they handled that well. I really appreciate how much of a person Loki has become. They've really given the character so much depth. Wilson and Hiddleston have amazing chemistry.

Edit - Yes, Loki is now god of stories in the form of the Norse mythology tree Yggdrasil

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #373 on: November 12, 2023, 07:13:05 AM »
You clearly were not watching the same show I was watching.

No, I did. And out of respect to you and the others who enjoyed it I’m not gonna detail ‘why’ I thought the season was just ‘meh’.

I truly am glad you guys liked it.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline The Realm

« Reply #374 on: November 12, 2023, 03:47:29 PM »
I had some issues with parts of this second season which are documented in the thread above somewhere but I really enjoyed this final episode and the series overall. With how poor Marvel is travelling lately this was a big win for them. The really interesting thing now is what happens with the Kang character going forward.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #375 on: November 12, 2023, 04:17:07 PM »
I had some issues with parts of this second season which are documented in the thread above somewhere but I really enjoyed this final episode and the series overall. With how poor Marvel is travelling lately this was a big win for them. The really interesting thing now is what happens with the Kang character going forward.

With infinite possibilities, they can write their way around anything. I still hope that they'll go forward with Kang as planned and just re-cast him if Majors seems to be to much a drag on the Disney name.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #376 on: November 12, 2023, 04:18:34 PM »

Unlike the Star Wars reboot :angel: I’m convinced that the Kang storyline has been well planned out. Fiege has said a long time ago that this path has been laid out ahead of time for a long time now, and he’s done enough good things with the MCU that he has my 100% trust that he’s going to make it pay off. It’s just that COVID and the writers strike threw a huge monkey wrench into the works.  But I’m convinced that the new “endgame” has not changed. That other stuff just meant we’ve had to shuffle around the journey a bit.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline jammindude

« Reply #377 on: November 12, 2023, 04:21:31 PM »

With infinite possibilities, they can write their way around anything. I still hope that they'll go forward with Kang as planned and just re-cast him if Majors seems to be to much a drag on the Disney name.

To reiterate what we hinted at in this forum a few weeks ago, I think the Majors thing is a complete non issue. I actually keep my eyes on entertainment news and try to keep up on what people are talking about, and this forum is the only place I see Majors domestic issues even mentioned. Almost everyone else has completely forgotten it even happened.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #378 on: November 12, 2023, 04:34:16 PM »

To reiterate what we hinted at in this forum a few weeks ago, I think the Majors thing is a complete non issue. I actually keep my eyes on entertainment news and try to keep up on what people are talking about, and this forum is the only place I see Majors domestic issues even mentioned. Almost everyone else has completely forgotten it even happened.

I still see it mentioned elsewhere, but not much. I'm sure the Mouse and Majors had a very stern "Come to Jesus" chat no matter how they go forward.

Product is going to be very thin this coming year, it looks like all we're getting is Deadpool, Echo, Agatha, and maybe Ironheart, which tells me 2025 is going to be a bloodbath of content.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #379 on: November 12, 2023, 05:30:36 PM »
That's probably not a bad thing.  I've been suffering some MCU saturation and burnout lately.  I bailed on the Ms. Marvel TV show, never did end up watching Quantumania because of all the mixed reviews, Secret Invasion was pretty disappointing, and at this point I have no plans to see The Marvels.  MCU set the bar pretty high with that original run all the way to Infinity Wars and End Game, and we kinda knew that things would be different after that.  The "wow factor" had to come about from different places.  WandaVision was pretty cool.  The Spider-Man movies have been fun.  But it's been less consistent, less consistently entertaining, so something of a pause in the MCU onslaught is not necessarily a bad thing.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #380 on: November 12, 2023, 06:30:16 PM »
Wow…it took me 4 tries to reformat that post and I STILL screwed it up.  :facepalm:

Offline The Realm

« Reply #381 on: November 12, 2023, 09:36:17 PM »

I'm pretty sure Majors has some serious charges against him and it is apparently getting worse all the time (evidence against him). He will be going to court and may possibly face jail time from what I have heard. I think just because we don't hear about it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. But I also agree that Kang could be recast or the character could be replaced, lots of rumours of Dr. Doom replacing Kang are floating around. I think the planned out story beats probably remain in place.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #382 on: November 13, 2023, 01:54:19 PM »
I loved the season, the last episode, especially those few last minutes, were incredible. Some of the biggest scale stuff we've seen in the MCU so far, I think it can be easy to forget when it's "just" a TV-show. So that's exciting.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #383 on: November 14, 2023, 11:11:41 AM »
I don't get this article:

Loki’s Finale Didn’t Feature Kang, After All: EP Clears Up Those ‘Marvel Is F—ked’ Rumors

Rebecca Iannucci
Mon, November 13, 2023 at 9:00 AM PST

In the end, reports of Jonathan Majors’ presence as Kang the Conqueror in Loki’s sophomore finale were greatly exaggerated.

Earlier this month, our sister site Variety reported on how Marvel Studios was navigating — among other recent woes — the ongoing legal trouble for Majors, who is set to stand trial on Nov. 29 for assault, attempted assault, harassment and aggravated harassment after an alleged domestic dispute. At the time, an insider who had seen Loki’s Season 2 finale said “Marvel is truly f—ked” moving forward, given how the episode apparently kept Majors’ Kang in the spotlight and set the stage for 2026’s film Avengers: The Kang Dynasty (currently slated to star Majors).

But aside from a fleeting reference to Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (where Kang previously popped up), the buzzed-about Marvel villain made no appearance in Loki‘s season ender (read our full recap), and there was no mid-credits or post-credits scene that might indicate a larger Kang story to come.

“That report was crazy. I’ll just say that,” Loki executive producer Kevin Wright tells TVLine with a laugh. “That just shows you, I don’t know what people are talking about.”

Wright also insists, with a firm “no,” that there was no footage intentionally left on the cutting room floor as a result of Majors’ current brouhaha. Rather, “the story that is on screen is the one that we set out to make,” he says, adding that he and Loki’s other creatives had no plans to set up a bigger MCU arc.

“Our VFX is awesome, it’s so good in this episode. You can’t do that if you’re not locking that stuff in months in advance,” Wright explains. “That final sequence was eight months in the making — just in post-production, not talking about shooting. We never really had any consideration for the larger Marvel universe, and that is why these two seasons were good. We built our own corner of the sandbox, we told our own story. People got excited about that and went, ‘Oh, Kang!’ and started building on top of that. But to us, we were the keepers of nearly 12 hours of that storytelling, and we wanted that to come to a close.”

As for the lack of end credits scenes — which have become a staple of Marvel’s shows and films, often teasing at least one future MCU project — Wright says they “would have just taken away” from Loki’s finale.

“We didn’t write any [post-credits scenes], and we certainly didn’t shoot any,” he continues. “A lot of people want these things to feel like contained stories. I know some people like the bigger interconnectedness. I think that’s also sometimes becoming a hindrance to some of our stories. For us, it was story closed, that was it.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/loki-finale-didn-t-feature-170045732.html

I think this author is an idiot.

1.  "Kang" was barely in this?  Um, no, unless you are just being pedantic about "Kang" vs. "He Who Remains."  In some contexts, that might make sense if it is important to distinguish between variants.  In this context however, that point is completely moot.  The point is about whether Majors will continue to star as any Kang variant.  "Kang" was absolutely all over this episode.  A significant chunk of the episode focused on Loki interacting with him in the throne room, him being the one pulling the strings for everything that happened in both seasons, and him being the ultimate motivation for Loki's tragic, heroic choice at the finale. 

2.  There's no interconnectedness and setting up for the future of the MCU?  What?  This directly feeds into The Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars.  Although there is plenty to speculate about in terms of how they will ultimately be linked, I don't see how anyone can say with a straight face that there's no connection. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #384 on: November 17, 2023, 12:40:51 PM »
I think I'm closer to Gary on this one.

I like where Loki ended up, but did not love how we got there. Honestly, a lot of the finale could have just been an extra episode to season 1 and it wouldn't have made a difference. We didn't learn much more about Sylvie this season. We didn't learn anything about B-52 or whatever. We didn't learn much about Renslayer that wasn't heavily implied last season. We learned nothing about Victor Timely. We learned little about Mobius other than what his prime timeline guy was like. We also learned nothing about OB. I loved all of the actors, Ke Huy Quan was fantastic but ultimately just a means of exposition. Loki's arc from Thor 1 to this (not counting his other arc) is great, but this season just felt like stuff happening and I really didn't connect with it. I didn't hate it, I just kind of felt nothing. Glad others enjoyed it though.
fanticide.bandcamp.com