Author Topic: Loki (on Disney+) Official Thread - S2 Finale Out Now! Spoilers Within!  (Read 25492 times)

Offline jammindude

There are stills all over Facebook promoting the show that show her behind the counter in an employee’s outfit.

I don’t really consider that a spoiler because if it’s part of the public promotional material of the show, it should be fair game.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online HOF

This show is probably the most enjoyable thing for me that Marvel has done (along with maybe Agents of Shield). I couldn’t remember a ton from the first season, but it doesn’t really matter. Just the banter between Loki and the dude from all the Wes Anderson movies makes it fun.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
There are stills all over Facebook promoting the show that show her behind the counter in an employee’s outfit.

I don’t really consider that a spoiler because if it’s part of the public promotional material of the show, it should be fair game.

I don't consider it spoiler either, I just don't watch promos and stuff if I can help it.  Some ad comes on, and I mentally tune it out as a hundred images flash by lasting 0.5 seconds each, pausing once in a while for a 2-second sound bite of something clever or funny or blowing up.  At the end, it says what the promo is for and sometimes when it will be available, and that's all I care about.  So if someone tells me that there's a still or a clip of Sylvie behind the counter at a McDonald's, that's news to me unless that particular image happened to stick with me.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
I thought episode 1 was great.  Hard to comment too much because we aren't really sure yet where things are going, what things are significant, and why, since MCU shows typically have a lot of twists and turns.  But it answered a lot of questions left dangling at the end of S.1. (although not all of them).  O.B. is a great character.  I'm pretty sure he won't disappear.  That would be weird after we got so much time and development with him in this initial episode.  But I'm interested to see whether he will play a key role or just be a minor character.  It sure looks like we're headed to a confrontation with Kang (whether it is some version of He Who Remains or a different variant, or more than one).  But we'll see.  It seems that there will be something related to the Victor Timely variant, but (1) that could end up being just a minor plot point in the grand scheme of things, (2) Victor Timely could be the same variant as He Who Remains, just younger, or (3) something else I haven't imagined. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline The Letter M

I thought episode 1 was great.  Hard to comment too much because we aren't really sure yet where things are going, what things are significant, and why, since MCU shows typically have a lot of twists and turns.  But it answered a lot of questions left dangling at the end of S.1. (although not all of them).  O.B. is a great character.  I'm pretty sure he won't disappear.  That would be weird after we got so much time and development with him in this initial episode.  But I'm interested to see whether he will play a key role or just be a minor character.  It sure looks like we're headed to a confrontation with Kang (whether it is some version of He Who Remains or a different variant, or more than one).  But we'll see.  It seems that there will be something related to the Victor Timely variant, but (1) that could end up being just a minor plot point in the grand scheme of things, (2) Victor Timely could be the same variant as He Who Remains, just younger, or (3) something else I haven't imagined.

It's hard to say at this point because, while comics fans can look and point to various comic storylines and plots from the past, the MCU has changed how it views Kang and his alter egos. As far as I'm aware, in the comics, Kang's other identities as Rama-Tut, Scarlet Centurion, and Immortus, are just the main Kang but at different points in his lifetime. In the MCU, it seems like they're treating them as variants of Kang, in addition to He Who Remains. So it'll be interesting to see how they take all of that and adapt it in this season of Loki. Whatever they end up doing, I just hope it makes sense.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: Loki (on Disney+) Official Thread - S2, New Eps Thursdays! Spoilers Within!
« Reply #250 on: October 11, 2023, 12:09:53 PM »
Yeah, all of that.  I didn't realize what you said about Rama-Tut, et al., being the same Kang, but just at different points in time, rather than being variants.  Is that "main Kang" the one known as "Kang Prime?"
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #251 on: October 11, 2023, 12:12:40 PM »
I have a weird feeling that Victor Timely won't be the "villain" of the show.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #252 on: October 11, 2023, 12:51:59 PM »
Yeah, all of that.  I didn't realize what you said about Rama-Tut, et al., being the same Kang, but just at different points in time, rather than being variants.  Is that "main Kang" the one known as "Kang Prime?"

In the comics? Yeah, but in the MCU, it seems like things have been different. They might still be Kang at different points in time, just from variant branch realities or separate timelines altogether. I doubt we'll ever know for sure, but if we do, we'll either find out here in Loki S2 or Avengers: Kang Dynasty (whenever that actually comes out).

I have a weird feeling that Victor Timely won't be the "villain" of the show.

That's a good call, and quite possible.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online HOF

« Reply #253 on: October 11, 2023, 08:13:11 PM »
Who is Kang? As in Kang and Kodos?

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #254 on: October 12, 2023, 06:19:33 AM »
Some guy who lost a boxing match, and decided to conquer the universe out of anger.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #255 on: October 12, 2023, 08:13:47 PM »
I had heard this second episode wasn't as thrilling or exciting as the first, and while that might be true over-all, I thought there was a lot to enjoy here, especially Loki's moments interrogating their captive.

We've got some more mysteries to solve and problems to fix and it's shaping up to be a chase through time next episode!

-Marc.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #256 on: October 13, 2023, 08:05:12 AM »
I could go for some pie.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #257 on: October 13, 2023, 08:16:16 AM »
I liked the second episode. Reminded me of a procedural show, like Law and Order or something.

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #258 on: October 13, 2023, 09:54:48 AM »
I could go for some pie.
Same. Though that key lime pie filling in the show looked more like jello than what I typically expect a key lime pie to be.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #259 on: October 13, 2023, 10:09:29 AM »
And man do they eat pie slowly.  That would've lasted about 44 seconds in front of me.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #260 on: October 13, 2023, 11:36:38 AM »
I could go for some pie.
Same. Though that key lime pie filling in the show looked more like jello than what I typically expect a key lime pie to be.
Yeah, it was REALLY green.

Would still eat
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #261 on: October 13, 2023, 01:01:35 PM »
Yeah, it was REALLY green.

Would still eat

That's what she ... uh, on second thought, never mind.

Online HOF

« Reply #262 on: October 13, 2023, 08:08:30 PM »
About 5 minutes in I asked my wife to make sure we hadn’t skipped an episode. Seems like there were some plot elements skipped over between this and the first episode. I’m 98% sure the Brad guy was not in any prior episodes, right? Does Loki want to prune the other branches or not? I thought that he did in order to prevent the world being destroyed, but then he stopped them from pruning them all.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #263 on: October 13, 2023, 09:03:39 PM »
About 5 minutes in I asked my wife to make sure we hadn’t skipped an episode. Seems like there were some plot elements skipped over between this and the first episode. I’m 98% sure the Brad guy was not in any prior episodes, right? Does Loki want to prune the other branches or not? I thought that he did in order to prevent the world being destroyed, but then he stopped them from pruning them all.

Yeah…..it’s not the most ‘flow’ centric show. It’s a show to watch for now that’s good enough but it’s far from top tier content.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #264 on: October 13, 2023, 09:33:49 PM »
Brad is X-5. Definitely in both episodes. Sidekick to the lady that blew up all the timelines.

beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online HOF

« Reply #265 on: October 13, 2023, 10:02:29 PM »
Brad is X-5. Definitely in both episodes. Sidekick to the lady that blew up all the timelines.

Huh. Would never have recognized that as the same guy. Seeing them side by side they don’t really look alike. The haircut is different, facial hair is different. Clothes are different. Total Clark Kent/Superman thing going.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #266 on: October 13, 2023, 10:13:12 PM »

Huh. Would never have recognized that as the same guy. Seeing them side by side they don’t really look alike. The haircut is different, facial hair is different. Clothes are different. Total Clark Kent/Superman thing going.

Mobius refers to him as both X-5 and Brad during the episode as well. His hair length seems to imply that after abandoning his post, he spent quite some time in the Sacred Timeline as Brad and becoming (or assuming the life of) a movie star. It's very Cypher, a la The Matrix.

-Marc.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #267 on: October 13, 2023, 10:24:02 PM »
It definitely took me a few minutes to figure out they were the same guy. But I figured it out about halfway through the episode.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online HOF

« Reply #268 on: October 13, 2023, 10:33:57 PM »

Mobius refers to him as both X-5 and Brad during the episode as well. His hair length seems to imply that after abandoning his post, he spent quite some time in the Sacred Timeline as Brad and becoming (or assuming the life of) a movie star. It's very Cypher, a la The Matrix.

-Marc.

But… did they ever refer to him as X-5 in a previous episode? He was always just a generic background character. Certainly not a name I would have remembered.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #269 on: October 14, 2023, 12:37:29 AM »
Yes, he was constantly referred to as X5 in the first episode.  And he frequently stood in that stupid pose with his hands hanging on his collar displaying the "X" and "5" on his gloves so you couldn't forget, just like in that picture.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #270 on: October 14, 2023, 06:34:12 AM »
Yes, he was constantly referred to as X5 in the first episode.  And he frequently stood in that stupid pose with his hands hanging on his collar displaying the "X" and "5" on his gloves so you couldn't forget, just like in that picture.

They should have made his real life in the Sacred Timeline to be an NFL Quarterback.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #271 on: October 14, 2023, 09:38:42 AM »
:lol

Online HOF

« Reply #272 on: October 14, 2023, 09:42:34 AM »

Huh. Mostly X-5 isn’t really a name so I guess it never connected that he was anyone of significance. Heck I have a hard time remembering Mobius, who I keep wanting to call Morpheus.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #273 on: October 14, 2023, 01:22:15 PM »
They did say it a bunch of times, but to be fair, you are right and I'm not sure I would have remembered it either if not for also hearing it repeated a bunch more times in some "things you might have missed in this episode!" videos on YouTube.  And that subplot with him pursuing a life in the past, although it makes sense when you think about the things that are dropped in episode 1, did seem a bit out of nowhere while watching episode 2 in real time.  It kind of felt like one of those situations where maybe there was something else in the original script that would have made it flow better that maybe got cut in final edits without them realizing it made the story a bit choppy and hard to follow.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #274 on: October 14, 2023, 01:39:04 PM »
The shift from X-5 being a supporting guy to the main focus of the episode, hitting the ground running at that, threw myself and Mrs. Orbert off, too.  So you're not alone there.  They were suddenly chasing down this Brad Wolfe guy, and Mobius kept calling him X-5, which sounded familiar, but honestly they've been throwing around a lot of names and ideas very quickly and don't always give the viewer half a second to put things together before jumping on to the next thing.  Renslayer got named-dropped again and I went "Okay, she was..." and then something else happened.  Casey and OB and Dox and Sylvie and B-15 and X-5 and Brad Wolfe and Miss Minutes is working with Renslayer and the TVA has somehow gone from the folks officially and thoughtlessly pruning timelines (and people) to the folks who now go "Those are people!"  Meanwhile Sylvie is at the McDonald's in the 80's and wants to stay there, even though that timeline is going to be pruned.  Sylvie just says the TVA is a bunch of shit and goes back there anyway (to die?)  And the Temporal Loom (?) is overloaded, or was, because of all the splits and variants, but it's okay now (?) because those other "bad" TVA agents pruned a bunch of them, before the "good" TVA agents blew them up (?)

By the end of the episode, I just turned to Mrs. Orbert and said "I officially have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore."

Online HOF

« Reply #275 on: October 14, 2023, 10:32:30 PM »
The shift from X-5 being a supporting guy to the main focus of the episode, hitting the ground running at that, threw myself and Mrs. Orbert off, too.  So you're not alone there.  They were suddenly chasing down this Brad Wolfe guy, and Mobius kept calling him X-5, which sounded familiar, but honestly they've been throwing around a lot of names and ideas very quickly and don't always give the viewer half a second to put things together before jumping on to the next thing.  Renslayer got named-dropped again and I went "Okay, she was..." and then something else happened.  Casey and OB and Dox and Sylvie and B-15 and X-5 and Brad Wolfe and Miss Minutes is working with Renslayer and the TVA has somehow gone from the folks officially and thoughtlessly pruning timelines (and people) to the folks who now go "Those are people!"  Meanwhile Sylvie is at the McDonald's in the 80's and wants to stay there, even though that timeline is going to be pruned.  Sylvie just says the TVA is a bunch of shit and goes back there anyway (to die?)  And the Temporal Loom (?) is overloaded, or was, because of all the splits and variants, but it's okay now (?) because those other "bad" TVA agents pruned a bunch of them, before the "good" TVA agents blew them up (?)

By the end of the episode, I just turned to Mrs. Orbert and said "I officially have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore."

Ha! This sums it up better than I could.

Offline The Realm

« Reply #276 on: October 15, 2023, 05:58:38 PM »
Yes, the second episode was really confusing and definitely felt like I had missed a whole episode. The start was so jarring. It really wasn't made clear why X-5 was so important. They went back in time to find Sylvie, Loki said she wasn't there but him and Mobius then continued on in that timeline to find and chase Brad until they caught him like that was the purpose in the first place. Just really strange story telling. They could have just had a line of dialogue that said something like 'we are looking for Sylvie, we don't know where she is but X-5 was hunting her and he has gone rogue and is now hiding in his real timeline and may know where she is. So let's go and ask him etc..."

As for everything else going on, your guess is as good as mine. I have even watched recaps on youtube and still don't get it. I enjoy the show though and the first episode was really great.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #277 on: October 15, 2023, 09:20:25 PM »
The show is still quite entertaining.  The dialogue is often very clever, and overall it's a lot of fun.  I just have to accept the fact that I'm not really sure WTF is going a lot of the time.  Still a lot of fun to watch, though.

Offline The Realm

« Reply #278 on: October 16, 2023, 06:44:30 AM »
The show is still quite entertaining.  The dialogue is often very clever, and overall it's a lot of fun.  I just have to accept the fact that I'm not really sure WTF is going a lot of the time.  Still a lot of fun to watch, though.

Yep agree. I’m still in on the show. Lots of great stuff but I think ultimately the time travel alternate realities variants time lines etc story angles are just too complicated for the everyday fan (like me). I kind of feel if Marvel continues down this road it is just going to continue to lose viewers.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #279 on: October 16, 2023, 06:56:05 AM »

Yep agree. I’m still in on the show. Lots of great stuff but I think ultimately the time travel alternate realities variants time lines etc story angles are just too complicated for the everyday fan (like me). I kind of feel if Marvel continues down this road it is just going to continue to lose viewers.

Well, at least until the end of phase 6, there is a lot more of this. Personally, I love the concept and I am enjoying it very much, even if the execution is not always great.