News:

BREAKING NEWS:  Dream Theater reunites with drummer Mike Portnoy (10/25/23)

Main Menu

Metro's Gourmet Roulette - AND THE WINNER IS...

Started by Metro, October 22, 2023, 06:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

ProfessorPeart

beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face

That has to be wrong.  :lol

EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Quote from: ProfessorPeart on November 14, 2023, 11:17:53 AMbeul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Quote from: Indiscipline on November 14, 2023, 02:26:25 PMPardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history.

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

wolfking

Quote from: ProfessorPeart on November 14, 2023, 11:17:53 AM

Lube in the Face sounds like a much more exciting song though.  :lol

HOF

To  be honest, I thought that too but was not gonna guess it!

twosuitsluke

Quote from: ariich on November 07, 2023, 12:38:53 PMJust popping in to say Luke, you were right.

ariich

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

King Postwhore

I can hear that lightbulb popping, cracking when "blue" finally popped in your head.  :lol
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Metro

:lol :lol

Repost for new page

tyolace - ercienilse
John Coltrane - Naima
Imogen Heap - 1-2
David Corsby - Buddha on a Hill
llaianek riot - Lube in the Face
slui taeblro sinetpta - ededquátno o edtoyén
Rodrigo y Gabriela - Hanuman
A.A. Williams - I'm Fine
Bruce Dickinson - Arc of Space
Silent Skies - The Trooper
Duke Ellington & John Coltrane - In a Sentimental Mood
Elvis Presley - doog imet iserclah otg the buesl
Greet Death - I Hate Everything
Green Carnation - Sweet Leaf
Sara Bareilles - Little Voice
Prefab Sprout - bynon
BAND-MAID - drrowfa

King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

I suppose it's better than Lube in the Cafe  :lol
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Quote from: HOF on April 02, 2024, 07:30:16 AMDerek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not KingThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

ProfessorPeart

Quote from: King Postwhore on November 14, 2023, 11:59:45 AM
I can hear that lightbulb popping cracking when :blue" finally popped in your head.  :lol

I stared at that for several minutes and all I got was Lube. As soon as I hit post, the bulb exploded. No joke, I immediately had the answer as I hit Post.  :lol

And now the band just came to me:

Alkaline Trio - Lube In The Face
Quote from: ProfessorPeart on November 14, 2023, 11:17:53 AMbeul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Quote from: Indiscipline on November 14, 2023, 02:26:25 PMPardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history.

wolfking

Quote from: ProfessorPeart on November 14, 2023, 12:27:30 PM
Quote from: King Postwhore on November 14, 2023, 11:59:45 AM
I can hear that lightbulb popping cracking when :blue" finally popped in your head.  :lol

I stared at that for several minutes and all I got was Lube. As soon as I hit post, the bulb exploded. No joke, I immediately had the answer as I hit Post.  :lol

And now the band just came to me:

Alkaline Trio - Lube In The Face

Well, on behalf of all of us, thank you Prof for the add on edit instead of editing the original post.  :lol

TAC

ProfessorPeart

Man, now I see in a post about lube I talk about my bulb exploding.

I need to get in contact with Michael Starr and Satchel. Got a song idea.

Indiscipline

Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

My humble respects, please carry on extra smoothly

King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

Quote from: Indiscipline on November 14, 2023, 02:26:25 PM
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

My humble respects, please carry on extra smoothly
:lol
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Quote from: HOF on April 02, 2024, 07:30:16 AMDerek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not KingThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

wolfking

Quote from: ProfessorPeart on November 14, 2023, 01:39:56 PM
Man, now I see in a post about lube I talk about my bulb exploding.

I need to get in contact with Michael Starr and Satchel. Got a song idea.

The lube should help with that exploding bulb mate.

Metro

ProfessorPeart

I may not win the roulette, but I'll take this little victory.  :lol

twosuitsluke

Quote from: Metro on November 14, 2023, 02:41:14 PM
Looks like this roulette is running smoothly.

I can't see any of these comments causing any friction.
Quote from: ariich on November 07, 2023, 12:38:53 PMJust popping in to say Luke, you were right.

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

ProfessorPeart

King Postwhore

TAC

LithoJazzoSphere

Everyone clearly had far too much wine last round. 

Buddyhunter1

TAC

LithoJazzoSphere

Indiscipline's presence turned this into a truly Dionysian feast. 

Evermind

:rollin
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Metro

Here's who submitted what Wine Pairing, and all the entries this round are now in the playlist.

RJ's submissions aren't on streaming, so here's both of his on Youtube
Gacharic Spin - Lonely Mart
BAND-MAID - Forward

lonestar: BAND-MAID - Forward

HOF: Prefab Sprout - Bonny

ariich: A.A. Williams - I'm Fine

Stadler: Elvis Presley - Good Time Charlie's Got the Blues

ProfessorPeart: Rodrigo y Gabriela - Hanuman

TAC: Acolyte - Resilience

Buddyhunter1: Greet Death - I Hate Everything

Puppies: Imogen Heap - 2-1

Lizzo: Duke Ellington & John Coltrane - In a Sentimental Mood

jingle.boy: Silent Skies - The Trooper

Evermind: Green Carnation - Sweet Leaf

King Postwhore: David Crosby - Buddha on a Hill

Sacul: Luis Alberto Spinetta - Quedándote o Yéndote

wolfking: Bruce Dickinson - Arc of Space

faizoff: Sara Bareilles - Little Voice

romdrums: John Coltrane - Naima

twosuitluke: Alkaline Trio - Blue Lube in the Face

LithoJazzoSphere

Huh, is this Acolyte's roulette debut?  I've had them on my consideration list to send a few times, but never quite found room.  And it'd have been one of the longer tracks, so I guess I'll have to revisit that one. 

wolfking

jingle.boy

I'll just throw this question out there in case anyone else is in the same boat... any flexibility on the 5 minute limit on the Wine Pairing for the entree round?  I feel like I'm working on a nice beef wellington, and am forced to pair it with a Yellowtail Shiraz.  I could use a few extra minutes to get a really nice pairing - like, maybe we're allowed to send 45 minutes in total, while the main entree still has to be the bigger song, and minimum of 15 minutes?
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

romdrums