Author Topic: Beverly Hills Cop - Axel F  (Read 447 times)

Offline T-ski

Beverly Hills Cop - Axel F
« on: December 15, 2023, 06:06:57 AM »
Eddie is back for another run, the whole crew appears to back, even Serge.

https://youtu.be/qBG3iyr5N70?si=XdGaOACnsQZeZlxU
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Re: Beverly Hills Cop - Axel F
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2023, 06:42:28 AM »
There's been so many failed attempts to continue this franchise over the years, I'm just surprised that something is actually happening.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2023, 07:58:40 AM »
Doesn't look bad.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2023, 08:41:05 AM »
I hope it's good but I just realized that John Ashton who plays Taggart was only 36 when the first movie came out.  :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2023, 09:59:56 AM »
It was Ronnie Cox that held the first one together, and he's gone now. The second one wasn't awful, but it was definitely a huge step down without him being front and center.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2023, 10:27:04 AM »
It was Ronnie Cox that held the first one together, and he's gone now. The second one wasn't awful, but it was definitely a huge step down without him being front and center.

Ronny Cox is one of those great character actors who low key was the glue that held a lot of the classics together. You look at his filmography and he's great in the Beverly Hills Cop movies but he's also great in Robocop and Total Recall.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2023, 11:11:13 AM »

Ronny Cox is one of those great character actors who low key was the glue that held a lot of the classics together. You look at his filmography and he's great in the Beverly Hills Cop movies but he's also great in Robocop and Total Recall.
Looks like he's still alive. I thought he died a few years back. Also looks like he's in this, but it'll undoubtedly just be a cameo.

Also, while we all think of Deliverance as a Burt Reynolds movie, it was every bit as much Ronny Cox making the movie work.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2023, 11:13:08 AM »

Looks like he's still alive. I thought he died a few years back. Also looks like he's in this, but it'll undoubtedly just be a cameo.

Also, while we all think of Deliverance as a Burt Reynolds movie, it was every bit as much Ronny Cox making the movie work.

Exactly. And who would even remember Star Trek TNG if not for Captain Jellico?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2023, 05:04:53 PM »
I hope it's good but I just realized that John Ashton who plays Taggart was only 36 when the first movie came out.  :lol

Holy crap I’m old. That reminds me, they depicted Fred Sanford as ancient on Sanford and Son but he was younger when filming that than I am now. City miles on that boy though.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2023, 08:37:09 PM »
I think it looks like a fun movie.  I still love the first two so much.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2023, 12:17:04 AM »
I grew up with these as a kid and I even liked 3 (blame it on being a kid) and I know I had it on VHS that I had recorded myself from the TV. However I re-watched all 3 with my girlfriend earlier this year and I hadn't seen 2 or 3 in a while, and while 2 is a perfectly solid sequel, 3 is definitely an interesting disaster. Learning about the behind the scenes of Eddie Murphy wanting to play it straight and not be funny anymore - that movie must have been frustrating to make. I feel like this movie will sort of live and die depending on Eddie Murphy as well, if he can bring back the fun this movie will be fun, but if he wants to play it "dark and serious" then it probably wont be.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2023, 08:55:20 AM »
I typically loathe Hollywood for rehashing old ideas, but this looks pretty decent.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion