Author Topic: Loki (on Disney+) Official Thread - S2 Finale Out Now! Spoilers Within!  (Read 25449 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Loki (on Disney+) Official Thread - S2 Finale Out Now! Spoilers Within!
« Reply #420 on: December 19, 2023, 04:34:03 AM »
Just move away from Kang completely.  He's not been a compelling villain and getting punched out by Ant-Man hardly screams end level boss threat.
Also they've not as of yet really done much showing any attempt to rebuilt a new avengers team, which they probably need to start focusing on.

Yeah, Thanos dispatches Hulk in a fist-fight with relative ease; Kang can't out-box an Ice-Cream Scooper.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #421 on: December 19, 2023, 06:21:47 AM »
Ya know... I'm glad Marvel waited until after he was convicted to drop him. I think that's the way it should be unless there's iron clad video evidence of a crime. I couldn't care less about Kang as a character. Or Majors portrayal of him. So far I haven't been super impressed, but the there are many variants and they'll just get more powerful. I'm sure they'll just recast and move on with the plan.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 06:32:48 AM by lordxizor »

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #422 on: December 19, 2023, 10:58:52 AM »
Although I didn't initially care about them bringing Kang into the MCU, I've really REALLY enjoyed what Marvel has done with the character thus far AND Majors' portrayal.  But love it, hate it, or somewhere in between, the bottom line is that this is yet another hit to Marvel as they continue to struggle after phase 3.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #423 on: December 19, 2023, 11:12:32 AM »
The Multiverse Saga for me has definitely been hit or miss but the Kang storyline, so far, has been a big hit. I understand that people felt let down by him being beat by Ant-Man but the whole purpose of the villain is that there are literally thousands of meaner versions of him lurking out there. Cut one head, and from it 10 more will spring. I feel that's the point they were trying to make (although it did feel like a letdown that there were no true consequences of such encounter with any of the characters). Scott should've died, and have a variant of him take over his roles as the "main universe" Ant-Man or something. They literally can do anything with their multiverse storytelling devices.

I really hope they don't ditch his storyline because they're invested so much into it (it's been years of teasing The Kang Dynasty and the big multiversal war). It's a shame about Majors, though, because I feel he's a pretty amazing actor and really brought the variants to life.

There are some pretty amazing actors that could take over, and I wouldn't mind! Any ideas?
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #424 on: December 19, 2023, 11:29:28 AM »

There are some pretty amazing actors that could take over, and I wouldn't mind! Any ideas?

Terrance Howard.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #425 on: December 19, 2023, 11:38:48 AM »

Terrance Howard.
I don't know why he was replaced for IM2, but I wouldn't mind him coming back.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #426 on: December 19, 2023, 11:42:41 AM »
There's been a lot of multiversal stuff thus far. But to my immediate memory, only Spider-Man and Loki (though I guess technically Thor briefly) have had variants played by other actors.

A very strange thing to do, given all of the potential. But it also means that literally any actor or actress can play whatever Kang we see next. It makes no difference.

But yes, Terrance Howard.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #427 on: December 19, 2023, 11:45:17 AM »
Regé-Jean Page.

John David Washington seems popular ATM, but I'm not sure he's got the charisma for the role based on what I've seen him in.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #428 on: December 19, 2023, 12:11:42 PM »
There's been a lot of multiversal stuff thus far. But to my immediate memory, only Spider-Man and Loki (though I guess technically Thor briefly) have had variants played by other actors.

A very strange thing to do, given all of the potential. But it also means that literally any actor or actress can play whatever Kang we see next. It makes no difference.

This is a great point. The having all Kangs be played by the same actor was a pretty cool milestone for Majors because he could showcase a pretty wide spectrum of acting abilities and of course, made sense because before his legal problems he was possibly one of Hollywood's fastest rising stars. Talk about rising & falling.

Now, unlike the Infinity Saga where we were mostly bound to one world and one timeline they can literally pull off any actor and without any explanation tell the world he's a new Kang. I do hope for a recast because there's a lot of potential in there (and I need me some Rama-Tut facing Moon Knight).
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline jammindude

« Reply #429 on: December 19, 2023, 12:25:12 PM »

Terrance Howard.
I don't know why he was replaced for IM2, but I wouldn't mind him coming back.

He and RDJ butted heads on IM1.

He’s a very talented actor, but I get the impression that he doesn’t really care for “the big machine” of it all.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #430 on: December 19, 2023, 12:36:17 PM »
I read that he and RDJ didn't get along, and also that he was a pain in the ass in general, seeming to think himself "above" doing comic book movies due to his previous work.  Maybe something about salary as well; it's been a while.  But the MCU showrunners decided that it wasn't worth it to deal with him, and personally I like Don Cheadle better anyway.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #431 on: December 19, 2023, 12:43:06 PM »
That makes sense, and yeah Don Cheadle has been great in everything he has been in.

I mentioned it when Guardians 3 came out, but Chukwudi Iwuji would be a great replacement. I think Yahya Abdul-Mateen would be good in the role as well.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #432 on: December 20, 2023, 03:43:24 AM »
John Boyega would be the perfect fit.
But he already said no, so, I guess is only wait and see who they bring for the role.