Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 132155 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #980 on: March 09, 2022, 09:52:47 AM »
I need to get a new phone because mine will no longer charge. I just can't seem to get the cord to plug in and hit the right connections to charge. Perfectly functional otherwise. This is my third phone in a row that I have to replace for this reason. Each lasted about 2 years, so not horrible, but it's an annoying reason to have to replace a phone that is otherwise in great shape. Apparently I am hard on the port. I'm going to get one with wireless charging this time.

I've had this issue many times as well.

I found myself buying a new phone last Friday unexpectedly. The screen on my 2.5 year old device decided it was time to give up. The Verizon store in the mall had no phones in stock that weren't iPhones. The stand in Costco only had two phones in stock - the lowest rated Motorola Device, and the new Samsung Galaxy 22 Ultra. I went with the Galaxy. It's far beyond anything I'll ever need in a phone, and it was more expensive than the last three phones I had combined. I really didn't want something that high-end but inventory is hard to come by these days I guess. The salesman had no clue when they could expect any mid-range phones to be back in stock.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #981 on: March 09, 2022, 10:13:31 AM »
That happened to me and I cleaned mine out with a toothpick. Probably not the best thing to do, but it got the job done and my phone charges now.
I've cleaned it out, so it's not a lint related issue. My last phone I actually busted off the little pin in there trying to clean it out when it wouldn't charge, so I'm reluctant to do a whole lot at this point.

I need to get a new phone because mine will no longer charge. I just can't seem to get the cord to plug in and hit the right connections to charge. Perfectly functional otherwise. This is my third phone in a row that I have to replace for this reason. Each lasted about 2 years, so not horrible, but it's an annoying reason to have to replace a phone that is otherwise in great shape. Apparently I am hard on the port. I'm going to get one with wireless charging this time.

I've had this issue many times as well.

I found myself buying a new phone last Friday unexpectedly. The screen on my 2.5 year old device decided it was time to give up. The Verizon store in the mall had no phones in stock that weren't iPhones. The stand in Costco only had two phones in stock - the lowest rated Motorola Device, and the new Samsung Galaxy 22 Ultra. I went with the Galaxy. It's far beyond anything I'll ever need in a phone, and it was more expensive than the last three phones I had combined. I really didn't want something that high-end but inventory is hard to come by these days I guess. The salesman had no clue when they could expect any mid-range phones to be back in stock.
That's not good. I never spend more then $250 on a phone, simply because I don't need premium features. Hopefully I can find something soon.

Offline frogprog

« Reply #982 on: March 10, 2022, 05:38:01 AM »
Phone not charging happens to me all the time. I'm a carpenter and I constantly get little bits of saw dust and what-not in the charging port from my phone being in my pocket. My clean out kit includes a toothpick, a small plastic doo-dad fashioned from a plastic bread bag clip and some caned air (with a long straw-nozzle that is used for cleaning electronics). A careful,gentle cleaning usually works. I have thought about putting a small piece of tape over the usb-c charging port but I never remember to do that.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #983 on: March 10, 2022, 06:35:22 AM »
Phone not charging happens to me all the time. I'm a carpenter and I constantly get little bits of saw dust and what-not in the charging port from my phone being in my pocket. My clean out kit includes a toothpick, a small plastic doo-dad fashioned from a plastic bread bag clip and some caned air (with a long straw-nozzle that is used for cleaning electronics). A careful,gentle cleaning usually works. I have thought about putting a small piece of tape over the usb-c charging port but I never remember to do that.

Buy a box of bandaids.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #984 on: March 10, 2022, 06:59:50 AM »
The charger on my Galaxy doesn't work well - the port on the phone must have widened from having the charger in and using the phone at times with the cord being handled and moved.  I just rely on wireless charging, since I don't feel like taking it to be fixed.  the phone is a year and a half old, so I could get a new one later this year if I feel like it. 

It's more annoying when I want to transfer MP3's from my computer to the micro SD card.  I was thinking of finding an app that lets you send the files via wi-fi, rather than having to jam the cord into the port and then pushing down on the cord one-handed to make it connect to the computer. 

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #985 on: March 11, 2022, 04:14:16 AM »
What a shit day.  Sitting in the work carpark right now at 9pm with a flat car battery.  Was fighting with the misses on the phone and had the ignition on.  Wasn't meant to be arguing that long and battery dies. 

Waiting for roadside assistance which is going to take up to 90 minutes.  :tup :lol
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #986 on: March 11, 2022, 07:03:42 AM »
What a shit day.  Sitting in the work carpark right now at 9pm with a flat car battery.  Was fighting with the misses on the phone and had the ignition on.  Wasn't meant to be arguing that long and battery dies. 

Waiting for roadside assistance which is going to take up to 90 minutes.  :tup :lol

Arguing with your partner can be so draining.

(I'll show myself out....)

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #987 on: March 11, 2022, 08:24:05 AM »
 :lol

I hate when people don't read the description when I list things on the FB Marketplace.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #988 on: March 11, 2022, 09:06:51 AM »
Don't get me started; I've had that running conversation with my brother and my stepson (we've all sold a fair amount on Marketplace).   My son had a car that was partially parted out, and he wanted to sell the rest as a unit, and said so.  "Interested in selling those door panels?"   Ugh.

The only thing worse is the people that send you an offer for like half of what you're asking and say "I have cash!"  Well, duh, I'm certainly not taking your personal check, you moron.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #989 on: March 14, 2022, 08:19:51 PM »
I feel like I was beaten with a bat and then lit on fire on the right side mid back and chest. I heard of shingles before but now experiencing it. And i just started getting a rash. Absolutely BRUTAL!

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #990 on: March 14, 2022, 08:26:09 PM »
My MiL is battling shingles now. Says it is like a woman in high heels is dancing on her stomach.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Glasser

« Reply #991 on: March 14, 2022, 09:16:30 PM »
My MiL is battling shingles now. Says it is like a woman in high heels is dancing on her stomach.

Im sorry to hear that. She's right. This is brutal. Getting old sucks, vertigo and now this.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #992 on: March 14, 2022, 09:26:37 PM »
My dad has chronic arthritis, had both knees replaced twice, both hips once, had spinal fusion surgery (like Joe Montana), battled non-Hodgkins lymphoma twice, had half his colon removed, and has had four foot surgeries…. And he says shingles is the worst pain he’s ever endured.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #993 on: March 14, 2022, 10:33:34 PM »
My dad has chronic arthritis, had both knees replaced twice, both hips once, had spinal fusion surgery (like Joe Montana), battled non-Hodgkins lymphoma twice, had half his colon removed, and has had four foot surgeries…. And he says shingles is the worst pain he’s ever endured.

Just.... WOW! I'm sorry he went through all that. But yeah, I had no idea it would be like this. I went to the ER in agony! They gave me Valtrex the herpes med. Is it even worth taking? I worry side effects outweigh the benefits.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #994 on: March 15, 2022, 04:28:32 AM »
I had an old boss that told me it's the worse pain he ever felt... that seemed to stick with me. Mrs.jingle and I just turned 50 last year, so we made sure to get the vax tout de suite.  She's just getting her second dose this week, I'll get mine sometime next month.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #995 on: March 15, 2022, 01:38:16 PM »
I keep meaning to get the Shingles vax. Will have to do that soon. Hope you recover quickly Glasser, that sounds nasty.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #996 on: March 15, 2022, 02:22:37 PM »
I keep meaning to get the Shingles vax. Will have to do that soon. Hope you recover quickly Glasser, that sounds nasty.

My Dr. told me to get the shingles shot last Dec. I got my booster today because I know of family that had shingles on their face. Not pretty!

Don't slack on getting the shot, it's quick and easy.......

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #997 on: March 15, 2022, 02:28:34 PM »
Looks like I know what I'm doing in just under 5 years.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Glasser

« Reply #998 on: March 15, 2022, 03:18:38 PM »
This pain is absolutely unreal. It came out of nowhere. I never thought I would get it. I'll be 52 in May but when I hit 50 I started falling apart, Knee surgeries, vertigo, now shingles. I'm trying not to focus on the pain and I don't like taking Advil or Tylenol because it causes other things but I may have to fold because its getting worse.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #999 on: March 15, 2022, 06:37:14 PM »
Anyone who had chicken pox is susceptible to Shingles.

I had shingles when I was young at around 7. I had it on my chest by my heart area and in back in the same general area. I have scars from the blisters popping, and when they pop that's what really hurt. I had to sleep with my chest open and on my back because it hurt when things rubbed against it.

My aunties had it as well, and I would sympathize with them.

I would say, shingles is one pain tolerance I felt young and it could play into how I view pain tolerance as well.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline PetFish

« Reply #1000 on: March 15, 2022, 07:35:48 PM »
I have to wait until I'm 50, so 2 years, but why can't I get it early?

I've asked my Doc and he says I have to wait.  I just Googled it and apparently I *can* get it before 50 but he's not being cooperative.  Weird.

EDIT:  Now I see that it's only FDA-approved for 50 or older.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #1001 on: March 18, 2022, 04:47:21 PM »
Met with our tax guy today.   :censored
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline SuperTaco

• why do I still exist
  • doomed to fail
« Reply #1002 on: March 20, 2022, 07:17:31 AM »
Let my mood snowball into blatant rule breaking on a gta rp server I've been trying to stay on the good side of. I don't know if it'll ever be the same. Probably not.
So fking tired of being an oversensitive naive moronic fkin bitch. I CANT STOP IT. I CANT CHANGE. IM STUCK. This world eats me alive. My purpose is simply to be what others shouldn't be. A shriveled fking beacon of sad energy. I have lost. I am lost.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1003 on: March 20, 2022, 01:02:20 PM »
Not today specifically, but I have started to run routes at work in larger vehicles, and I have noticed how little people seem to care about their own safety when around them. From pedestrians walking behind me while I back up, to, and I shit you now, a woman a few days ago letting her young children on scooters ride circles around my van, in the street as I was double parked and very obviously trying to pull out and drive away.

And don't get me started on other drivers. I thought people were stupid when I am in the smaller vans, but like... come the fuck on... I am in a vehicle that weighs between 15,000 and 20,000 lbs, and you're going to cut me off?

I hate people :lol

At least I know that if anything happened, most of the time I am on camera, my safety score with the company is pretty high, and if I so end up in an accident, I am bigger and will win.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1004 on: March 21, 2022, 11:18:47 AM »
Tourists.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1005 on: March 21, 2022, 11:20:41 AM »
Tourists.

Ugh. The worst kind are birth righters. Drive me crazy. Or did, at least, when I lived in Jerusalem.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1006 on: March 21, 2022, 11:31:24 AM »
Tourists.

Ugh. The worst kind are birth righters. Drive me crazy. Or did, at least, when I lived in Jerusalem.

Haha, I was referring more to the people that fly a) dressed like they are about to binge-watch Yellowstone on their couch; b) can't quite grasp the concept of "ONE carry-on and ONE personal item", and c) haven't yet experienced the privilege of having your connecting flight leave without you  because you couldn't make it to the gate.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1007 on: March 21, 2022, 11:42:22 AM »
And those sprints to make the connecting flights are the worst.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1008 on: March 21, 2022, 07:24:41 PM »
The charger on my Galaxy doesn't work well - the port on the phone must have widened from having the charger in and using the phone at times with the cord being handled and moved.  I just rely on wireless charging, since I don't feel like taking it to be fixed.  the phone is a year and a half old, so I could get a new one later this year if I feel like it. 

It's more annoying when I want to transfer MP3's from my computer to the micro SD card.  I was thinking of finding an app that lets you send the files via wi-fi, rather than having to jam the cord into the port and then pushing down on the cord one-handed to make it connect to the computer.

Not sure if you found something, but I use an app called Solid Explorer. I used my Google Rewards credits to buy the full version. It has the ability to spin up an ftp server that I access via Windows file explorer by just typing in the IP address and port that the app gives me.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.solidexplorer2&hl=en_US&gl=US
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #1009 on: March 22, 2022, 08:54:10 AM »

Not sure if you found something, but I use an app called Solid Explorer. I used my Google Rewards credits to buy the full version. It has the ability to spin up an ftp server that I access via Windows file explorer by just typing in the IP address and port that the app gives me.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.solidexplorer2&hl=en_US&gl=US

Thank you!  I haven't found anything yet.  I may give this a try.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #1010 on: March 22, 2022, 08:16:23 PM »
Last month My wife applied for an internal Supervisor job she has more or less been doing the last year-and-a-half (training/supervising the staff in her small dept of 4, which not long after COVID, her Supervisor quit for another job outside of her company).

The management interviewed 2 external candidates on Monday.

They have yet to interview her nor the 2 other internal candidates at her company.

It was announced today they are near finalizing who they will hire for this position.

If they do not hire her or at least another 1 of the internal candidates, she will quit her job.

Not even a fucking interview? lol  :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1011 on: March 23, 2022, 07:09:16 AM »
That's fucked.  Most places try to find a reason to promote from within first - except in circumstances where fresh ideas and perspectives are of paramount importance.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1012 on: March 23, 2022, 07:15:01 AM »
That is fucked.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline romdrums

« Reply #1013 on: March 23, 2022, 07:51:37 AM »
I'm mad at myself for scheduling a doctor's appointment that I had to fast for at 1 pm this afternoon.  I'm so hangry right now!! >:( >:( >:( >:(
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1014 on: March 23, 2022, 08:26:19 AM »
Last month My wife applied for an internal Supervisor job she has more or less been doing the last year-and-a-half (training/supervising the staff in her small dept of 4, which not long after COVID, her Supervisor quit for another job outside of her company).

The management interviewed 2 external candidates on Monday.

They have yet to interview her nor the 2 other internal candidates at her company.

It was announced today they are near finalizing who they will hire for this position.

If they do not hire her or at least another 1 of the internal candidates, she will quit her job.

Not even a fucking interview? lol  :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn

My guess is they're bringing in an outsider for 25%+ less than what an internal candidate would have expected.