Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 129780 times)

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #875 on: August 11, 2021, 10:56:32 AM »
Or....better yet...Unfollow him on Twitter. And just pay attention to his music.

It's his Twitter and he can do what he wants with it and if he wants to defend himself and actually tell people off then great for him.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #876 on: August 11, 2021, 10:58:04 AM »
The douchebag that felt he had to defend Wolf is just as bad.  "Soft"?  What are we, 12?  Gonna fist fight at gym class?  The guy is VAN FRIGGIN' HALEN for god's sake.   He doesn't need to engage with these fools.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #877 on: August 11, 2021, 11:02:23 AM »
The douchebag that felt he had to defend Wolf is just as bad.  "Soft"?  What are we, 12?  Gonna fist fight at gym class?  The guy is VAN FRIGGIN' HALEN for god's sake.   He doesn't need to engage with these fools.

I should reply with "You should go full on and Jay and Silent Bob these haters."  :biggrin:
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #878 on: August 11, 2021, 11:44:05 AM »

That's what I'm thinking.  What's the point of engaging with nobodys? How does that help you?  Can you think of one time a famous person came out on top by ripping on their haters in a public forum?

Or....better yet...Unfollow him on Twitter. And just pay attention to his music.

It's his Twitter and he can do what he wants with it and if he wants to defend himself and actually tell people off then great for him.

I might just mute him, but I don't want to come off as "the guy who unfollows because he didnt get the response he thought he should have".  Of course he can do what he wants, but can you name one thing of benefit from going after your trolls?

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #879 on: August 11, 2021, 12:05:32 PM »

That's what I'm thinking.  What's the point of engaging with nobodys? How does that help you?  Can you think of one time a famous person came out on top by ripping on their haters in a public forum?

I might just mute him, but I don't want to come off as "the guy who unfollows because he didnt get the response he thought he should have".  Of course he can do what he wants, but can you name one thing of benefit from going after your trolls?

Eh. It just goes along with what I say about Twitter. If you're going to be on Twitter, you better have a strong back to take the lashes.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #880 on: August 11, 2021, 12:08:49 PM »
And do you think he is showing a "strong back"? 

What's funny, if I did unfollow or mute him, I wouldn't of seen that he just announced a show at the Whiskey A Go Go in Hollywood next week while I'm still here in LA so I just snagged a ticket.  I will tweet at him letting him know  :lol

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #881 on: August 11, 2021, 12:19:08 PM »

What's funny, if I did unfollow or mute him, I wouldn't of seen that he just announced a show at the Whiskey A Go Go in Hollywood next week while I'm still here in LA so I just snagged a ticket.  I will tweet at him letting him know  :lol

Same applies to him. And apparently not, but it is his Twitter account and if he feels he needs to defend it by replying to every tweet, then why shouldn't he. It's his reputation to lose. He is an adult and should know what these repercussions could be for doing what he's doing. He should understand his responsibility...like all us adults should.

This is why I personally find twitter hilarious. Hilarious at how people get so upset and angry over thoughts that are forced to be explained in 200 characters or less. And how vile and crude people tend to be on their. It's a ruthless bloodbath of words.

Now that is funny. Just hope he doesn't Jay and Silent Bob you at the show.  :rollin

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #882 on: August 11, 2021, 12:26:13 PM »
To add to the thread...

Yesterday I was in a pissy ass mood for some strange reason. And it made it worse as I had to be out for the day, so there was no way I was able to just stay home and stay away from people. So people had to deal with my emotional ass and I actually hate feeling like that.

But today I am not as riled up or vented up. Guess I needed a day to just vent it off like a volcano letting off steam.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #883 on: August 11, 2021, 12:29:38 PM »
My new house (closed June 30) is wired for a portable one, and I will probably purchase a portable one to connect to it.  Where I am, if I lose power it could be for days at a time, and I have a well pump and heat to accommodate.   My challenge is sizing it; the guy before had a 6500 and said it was "fine", but my math - and my father-in-law's math, who's a licensed electrician - isn't adding up.

If you're got well water, are you also on a septic tank/bed for your waste?  I've got municipal water, but on 'direct current' :lol for waste.  Along with the ecology around here (I have two sump pumps that run quite constantly all year long, and sometimes they are running hourly), I don't need either of those systems backing up.  I don't keep the whole house active on the generator, just the major things - fridge & freezers, septic, sump pumps, furnace, and some various outlets around the house.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #884 on: August 11, 2021, 12:35:42 PM »

For the record, Marc, I'm with you and I almost replied to that CMC (who must be on the payroll!) but didn't.  He' VAN FUCKING HALEN, for God's sake, act like it.  To me, it's soft showing a reaction to each person that pokes a stick at you.  Man up and walk away.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #885 on: August 11, 2021, 12:47:26 PM »
What pissed me off, not today, but last night was getting into a twitter argument with Wolfie Van Halen.  The guy seems to love calling out all the people who make nasty comments about him on social media.  It's kind of weird if you ask me.  I asked why he does it and he got super defensive.  You can read through it here https://twitter.com/Cramx3/status/1425217643418554372 kind of makes me not like him, at all, as a person.  Which sucks because I thought he was pretty good live and I want to see him overcome the hate he gets for being the son of Eddie.  I don't think he deserves the hate, but at the same time, I don't think responding to hate with hate is a good look either.  I guess I should have kept my mouth shut, but man his attitude is such a turn off from liking him.  Almost makes me want to be a hater towards him, but I'm not that kind of guy so I'll just not engage him at all ever again. (although I have a ticket to see him in September at a festival)
Sounds like he's no less of a shithead than the dickholes he is responding to.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #886 on: August 11, 2021, 12:50:00 PM »
I'm lost. What did the guy say that was so bad?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #887 on: August 11, 2021, 12:51:35 PM »

For the record, Marc, I'm with you and I almost replied to that CMC (who must be on the payroll!) but didn't.  He' VAN FUCKING HALEN, for God's sake, act like it.  To me, it's soft showing a reaction to each person that pokes a stick at you.  Man up and walk away.

It's honestly not worth it.  I could have kept going, but I don't need his followers all going after me either nor do I want the guy to think I'm an asshole for suggesting maybe he not bother with the trolls and if I keep going, then I'll come off as a troll.  The whiskey a go go (never been, honestly looking forward to seeing a show there now since its historic) is a pretty small venue from my understanding.  I wonder if I should yell something at him  :lol "Ignore the trolls Wolfie from cram!!"

Yup.  But in concert, when talking to the crowd, he didn't come off this way AT ALL.  His voice was so soft and genuinely felt like he was a nice guy just trying to set his own path. 

I'm lost. What did the guy say that was so bad?

It's not that he said something specific that was bad.  More like his attitude IMO.  You can read the tweets in the link if curious since it's all public.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #888 on: August 11, 2021, 12:58:26 PM »
I read the link you posted and I guess I missed it.

Was this the tweet that was directed at you?
"Also quit quoting my own lyrics at me like that. It’s dumb. The song isn’t about not telling people to fuck off on the internet, so you’re not as clever as you think you’re being."

That's the only one of the three replies he has there that had some bite to it.

This feels harsh.

And I'm not directing this at Cram, so Marc, don't take this personally, but I have to ask....why would anyone follow WVH's Twitter in the first place?? Do we just follow EVERYBODY when we sign up??
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #889 on: August 11, 2021, 01:00:53 PM »
I only follow those who pledge allegiance to Power Windows, Promised Land and Night Ranger.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #890 on: August 11, 2021, 01:02:46 PM »

"Also quit quoting my own lyrics at me like that. It’s dumb. The song isn’t about not telling people to fuck off on the internet, so you’re not as clever as you think you’re being."

This feels harsh.

And I'm not directing this at Cram, so Marc, don't take this personally, but I have to ask....why would anyone follow WVH's Twitter in the first place?? Do we just follow EVERYBODY when we sign up??

No. You begin with no tweets as you are not following anyone. To see tweets on your feed, you have to follow people, and what you see on your feed depends on who you follow.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #891 on: August 11, 2021, 01:12:05 PM »

No. You begin with no tweets as you are not following anyone. To see tweets on your feed, you have to follow people, and what you see on your feed depends on who you follow.

No, I understand that.

But who gives a fuck what WVH has to tweet anyway?
Unless you like him, and he's tweeting free tickets, then I guess I could see it.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #892 on: August 11, 2021, 01:12:52 PM »
I only follow those who pledge allegiance to Power Windows, Promised Land and Night Ranger.
So you're the guy that follows Kingshmegland?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #893 on: August 11, 2021, 01:15:39 PM »

This feels harsh.

I'm not surprised you don't understand  :lol I ask him why he reponds to trolls and he gets super defensive about it. The quote you shared just kind of made me think he doesn't understand that lyrics are interpreted differently (although I never thought they were about twitter so I don't really get what he's saying other than being defensive) but that quote didn't bother me so much as to just his general attitude.

As for following him, I bought his album and was going to see him live.  I think that's a solid reason to follow someone.  Also, if I didn't, I'd have no idea about the show he just announced today. I follow most musicians who I like on twitter.  A lot of them interact back, it's one of my favorite things about twitter over facebook.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #894 on: August 11, 2021, 01:18:03 PM »
Oh and he's still going on about it (not directly at me)  :lol https://twitter.com/WolfVanHalen/status/1425535527378358276

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #895 on: August 11, 2021, 01:22:52 PM »
I'm not surprised you don't understand  :lol I ask him why he reponds to trolls and he gets super defensive about it. The quote you shared just kind of made me think he doesn't understand that lyrics are interpreted differently (although I never thought they were about twitter so I don't really get what he's saying other than being defensive) but that quote didn't bother me so much as to just his general attitude.

As for following him, I bought his album and was going to see him live.  I think that's a solid reason to follow someone.  Also, if I didn't, I'd have no idea about the show he just announced today. I follow most musicians who I like on twitter.  A lot of them interact back, it's one of my favorite things about twitter over facebook.

Thanks for not getting defensive with my oldmanitis.

It's pathetic though. I just see a long list of people kissing his ass.

I mean it's cool they interact, that's the whole point of it I guess.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #896 on: August 11, 2021, 01:36:53 PM »

Bruce Springsteen version?
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #897 on: August 11, 2021, 02:09:50 PM »
So you're the guy that follows Kingshmegland?

Who doesn't?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #898 on: August 11, 2021, 02:13:00 PM »
I follow king.

Not on social media though…
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #899 on: August 11, 2021, 02:29:16 PM »
WTF is a NFT??

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #900 on: August 11, 2021, 02:51:14 PM »
WTF is a NFT??
In short, another way to pull money out of nothing. Like Bitcoin or the stock market.

More specifically, a way to denote that something is the original. You make a crappy 8-bit Paint drawing of a frog urinating on Earnest Borgnine, tokenize it (which is the T in NFT) using a unique hash, and then let it go viral. A year later you sell the token (the F is for Fungible) and some nitwit buys it up so he owns the original.

The part that's of interest to you is that we'll start to see songs tokenized. It can be done to anything digital. People can buy the very first incarnation of a song, or an album, or an album cover or whatever else the artist thinks to tokenize. Sure, twenty million people own a copy of it on iTunes, but one person will get to say he owns the original. Frankly, it's completely ridiculous, but, uh, yeah capitalism, I guess.

At least that's how I understand it. I'm sure some of the younger folk here will elaborate better than I can.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #901 on: August 11, 2021, 02:53:36 PM »
I understood it as you can buy ...something...but not actually own it?

Who would spend money on something like that? Seems like the stupidest thing ever.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #902 on: August 11, 2021, 02:57:30 PM »
I understood it as you can buy ...something...but not actually own it?

Who would spend money on something like that? Seems like the stupidest thing ever.
No, if you buy it, you own it.

I think.  These NFTs are kind of stupid.  I agree with EB, for sure.  Ridiculous.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #903 on: August 11, 2021, 03:17:24 PM »
I follow king.

Not on social media though…

You will be greatly rewarded.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #904 on: August 11, 2021, 03:23:21 PM »
In an effort to confuse Tim even more ... https://www.investopedia.com/non-fungible-tokens-nft-5115211

Or perhaps to only slightly confuse him more... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-fungible_token

Think of it this way... it's a way to validate the authenticity of something that is digital (ie, not physical).  Think of something there is only one of - the shoes that Hank Aaron wore hitting his 715th home run.  People could try and sell fakes or recreations.  There is only one, and they would come with a certificate of authenticity no doubt.  For non-physical items, how is someone to know if they are getting the *original* (eg, Dream Theater's original digital recording of The Astonishing sessions - although, who would pay for that?  :biggrin:).  NFT's are a way of certifying/authenticating digital assets.

Offline Adami

« Reply #905 on: August 11, 2021, 03:28:22 PM »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #906 on: August 11, 2021, 03:33:12 PM »
I feel like EB on this one.  I think it's a gimmick.  Not to say art doesn't have value though and the comparison to owning original art is kind of apt, but it just doesn't feel the same since it's all digital.  Actually showing an original Van Gogh for example would be pretty impressive.  Showing an original digital meme vs what we've all seen already on the internet, is kind of bogus to me.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #907 on: August 11, 2021, 03:35:00 PM »

Offline Adami

« Reply #908 on: August 11, 2021, 03:40:48 PM »
I feel like EB on this one.  I think it's a gimmick.  Not to say art doesn't have value though and the comparison to owning original art is kind of apt, but it just doesn't feel the same since it's all digital.  Actually showing an original Van Gogh for example would be pretty impressive.  Showing an original digital meme vs what we've all seen already on the internet, is kind of bogus to me.

Also, as far as I know, there's nothing to say people can't own copies. So you might own the original digital cat making a silly face GIF, but anyone can simply copy it...........being identical in almost every way.........as much as they want. So I'm a bit lost on the purpose of it, but such is life.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #909 on: August 12, 2021, 10:35:49 AM »
Timed releases based on geographic location. More specifically, people in Australia already getting to hear the new DT track just cause their clock says a different time than mine!