Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 134261 times)

Offline Spiritus

Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #910 on: August 12, 2021, 01:44:15 PM »
The douchebag that felt he had to defend Wolf is just as bad.  "Soft"?  What are we, 12?  Gonna fist fight at gym class?  The guy is VAN FRIGGIN' HALEN for god's sake.   He doesn't need to engage with these fools.
Fist fight at gym class? You fist fight behind the gym after class, duh. At least the 14 year olds do.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #911 on: August 13, 2021, 08:13:09 AM »
Getting an e-mail a few weeks ago saying that, due to all our work during the pandemic, the whole staff of the university I work at will get a one time 4% bonus. Then our department head reminded us how happy we should be to be getting a 4% bonus. Then I find out I'm not getting one because it only applies to people who were working here from 3/2020 onward, and I started in August. No mention of that in the e-mail. No mention from anyone at any point. Awesome.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Snow Dog

« Reply #912 on: August 13, 2021, 08:30:10 AM »
Getting an e-mail a few weeks ago saying that, due to all our work during the pandemic, the whole staff of the university I work at will get a one time 4% bonus. Then our department head reminded us how happy we should be to be getting a 4% bonus. Then I find out I'm not getting one because it only applies to people who were working here from 3/2020 onward, and I started in August. No mention of that in the e-mail. No mention from anyone at any point. Awesome.

That’s fucked. They can’t/won’t prorate it for you, either?

Online Adami

« Reply #913 on: August 13, 2021, 09:02:49 AM »

That’s fucked. They can’t/won’t prorate it for you, either?

Doesn't sound like it. Seems my boss's boss didn't realize it was tied to a certain date and never told us. At best, HIS boss will be pissed at this and find the money. More likely they'll say "woops, our bad" and I'm just not getting anything.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #914 on: August 13, 2021, 06:22:20 PM »
 :-[ Had a really bad day today. Not even sure why. Just one of those "bleak" days where you can't seem to cheer up.

Online Adami

« Reply #915 on: August 13, 2021, 06:41:36 PM »
:-[ Had a really bad day today. Not even sure why. Just one of those "bleak" days where you can't seem to cheer up.

So a Welsh day?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #916 on: August 19, 2021, 04:06:04 PM »
Woke up pissed off because I have mediation between to staff members today.  Not looking forward to it.  Why the fuck can't people be adults and just get along.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #917 on: August 19, 2021, 04:29:19 PM »
Woke up pissed off because I have mediation between to staff members today.  Not looking forward to it.  Why the fuck can't people be adults and just get along.

Need an update on this later!

I was so disappointed to find out that when I grew up and got a job, that most adults are just old fucking children.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #918 on: August 19, 2021, 04:35:04 PM »

Dealing with people is the worst.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #919 on: August 19, 2021, 04:58:44 PM »

I was so disappointed to find out that when I grew up and got a job, that most adults are just old fucking children.

:lol

Alright mate, I'll let you know how it goes.

2 females, one 10 years older than me and the other is 21, I think.  What could possibly go wrong........

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #920 on: August 19, 2021, 04:59:18 PM »

Dealing with people is the worst.

And that's an understatement.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #921 on: August 20, 2021, 06:16:22 AM »

Alright mate, I'll let you know how it goes.

2 females, one 10 years older than me and the other is 21, I think.  What could possibly go wrong........

I'd buy tickets to that event.   :)

:corn

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #922 on: August 20, 2021, 04:13:35 PM »
So, it went somewhat okay, but it was definitely a challenge.  The young girl actually is 19 and the other staff member is a fellow Supervisor yet I still outrank her in the pecking order (I hate using those terms, but it's the way it is) and as I said 10 years older than me.

Started basically saying that the purpose was that there is some issues going on causing tension and disruption in the workplace.  They both agreed to my outcome to try and clear the air and move on and erase the slate.

Basically, the young staff member said the other talks to them like shit and yells at her.  The kicker is, this Supervisor has had other complaints against her for the way she speaks, and I've told her in the past if she keeps it up she'll be screwed when HR get involved.  She says she isn't aware and while at times these young kids are just soft I admit, there's still ways to talk to people and ways not to.

I brought up faults on both parts and tried to play it even and not focus solely on just one of them, and asking the staff member if she has done anything she thinks that may have affected these confrontations.  She said no, she never does anything wrong.  'Christ, here we go,' I thought.  I told her in actual fact her productivity and attitude has slipped compared to what it use to be and that she also sometimes can have a tone herself and while people shouldn't talk to people like shit, if she's given a direction from a Supervisor she needs to respect it and do it.  Don't think she liked that but to her credit agreed. 

Then the Supervisor asked what she can do to communicate with her better.  The answer was just not speak down to her, which is fair.  Then the Supervisors tone changed while she was saying 'if you make a mistake I should be able to tell you etc etc.' and her tone changed.  I pulled her up and said 'right there, while obviously you're not aware or mean it, your tone right now is coming across slightly condescending and aggressive,' which it was.  There was almost some tears, from both mind you.  I said, just change your approach and you won't have these issues.

The Supervisor did apologize genuinely for making the staff member feel the way she does and there was still some hesitance.  I asked the staff member, 'she's apologizing and it sounds genuine, do you not agree or accept it?'  She did.

Basically, the Supervisor is a bitch and the staff member is a princess really.  The staff member has always been a funny one anyway but damn she's stubborn.  I've had conversations with both individually before the meeting to say my side and things they both do and don't do but Jesus, that was quite a challenge.  Afterwards both individually were okay and happy to move forward.  I just hope both do their part.

I think I handled it pretty well.  I didn't think too much about it beforehand and didn't take notes beforehand or anything, just dealt with it as it comes.  The worst thing I've found is playing possibly scenarios in your head of how it may go is the worst thing you can do.  Just going in there and doing it with what's in front of me went well.  I said what I needed to say.  I praised both of them but didn't bitch out on telling them what they both needed to hear also.  Time will tell.  Definitely earned my crappy pay yesterday.  I kind of actually somewhat enjoyed it....I think, which is weird.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #923 on: August 20, 2021, 04:43:15 PM »
  Definitely earned my crappy pay yesterday.
:rollin

I kind of actually somewhat enjoyed it....I think, which is weird.

I completely understand that.

I'll hit this later tonight...
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #924 on: August 20, 2021, 04:48:26 PM »
I've definitely dealt with this before. I have an old school supervisor who wears his emotions on his face. I finally got him to understand that he asks calmly a couple times and when he doesn't get the response he wants I'm the hammer that scares the employee. 

I make my point calmly, with purpose and with explanations on what we expect our of our employees.   Facts kill their arguments unless they just don't care.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #925 on: August 20, 2021, 05:07:16 PM »
The motherfucking HAMMER!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #926 on: August 20, 2021, 05:08:22 PM »
  Definitely earned my crappy pay yesterday.
:rollin

I kind of actually somewhat enjoyed it....I think, which is weird.

I completely understand that.

I'll hit this later tonight...

It's taken me years to be able to get to the point where I can tell staff what they are doing wrong and tell them their faults.  It's difficult, but I don't know what I was so worried about.  I've been able to do it for a few years now but keep getting better at it, and felt really comfortable yesterday.  Maybe that's the word, not enjoyed it but just more comfortable with it.

The other thing I said to the young staff member when she said she's done nothing wrong in any of these situations.  I told her as you get older you realize you need to look within yourself, recognize areas you can improve and realize you're not perfect and you can always work on yourself and improve.  That took her by surprise.

I've definitely dealt with this before. I have an old school supervisor who wears his emotions on his face. I finally got him to understand that he asks calmly a couple times and when he doesn't get the response he wants I'm the hammer that scares the employee. 

I make my point calmly, with purpose and with explanations on what we expect our of our employees.   Facts kill their arguments unless they just don't care.

Yeah, this one definitely has a resting bitch face, but no filter on what she says.  High expectations for the business which is great and that comes across in her aggressiveness, but as you say Joe, you need to ask calmly and civilly to get some results, if you don't then escalate it.

I'm pretty lucky that I've only had mediation a few times in my career.  I've had staff issues, but I'm good enough at talking to each one on their own and having it not get to this point.

Yesterday though, that word you used calm, was what I was the whole time.  And yeah, they can't argue with the facts in front of them, especially delivered in such a way. 

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #927 on: August 20, 2021, 05:08:49 PM »
The motherfucking HAMMER!

I'll purchase a Hammerfall shirt and wear it in my next one I think.   :metal

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #928 on: August 20, 2021, 05:29:26 PM »
My employees know I'm very easy going until they are selfish.   My production manager tells them you don't want to see Joe mad.

That's because it's such a rarity.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #929 on: August 20, 2021, 05:40:11 PM »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #930 on: August 20, 2021, 06:14:52 PM »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #931 on: August 20, 2021, 07:09:24 PM »
Fuck yeah! :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #932 on: August 20, 2021, 09:35:37 PM »
I have never been anything but the lowest person on the "pecking order" in any job I have ever had. And while that has its drawbacks, it means I have never had the displeasure of supervising/managing anyone.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #933 on: August 20, 2021, 10:54:01 PM »
I have never been anything but the lowest person on the "pecking order" in any job I have ever had. And while that has its drawbacks, it means I have never had the displeasure of supervising/managing anyone.

You are better off truthfully.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #934 on: August 21, 2021, 04:58:21 AM »
So, it went somewhat okay, but it was definitely a challenge.  The young girl actually is 19 and the other staff member is a fellow Supervisor yet I still outrank her in the pecking order (I hate using those terms, but it's the way it is) and as I said 10 years older than me.

Started basically saying that the purpose was that there is some issues going on causing tension and disruption in the workplace.  They both agreed to my outcome to try and clear the air and move on and erase the slate.

Basically, the young staff member said the other talks to them like shit and yells at her.  The kicker is, this Supervisor has had other complaints against her for the way she speaks, and I've told her in the past if she keeps it up she'll be screwed when HR get involved.  She says she isn't aware and while at times these young kids are just soft I admit, there's still ways to talk to people and ways not to.

I brought up faults on both parts and tried to play it even and not focus solely on just one of them, and asking the staff member if she has done anything she thinks that may have affected these confrontations.  She said no, she never does anything wrong.  'Christ, here we go,' I thought.  I told her in actual fact her productivity and attitude has slipped compared to what it use to be and that she also sometimes can have a tone herself and while people shouldn't talk to people like shit, if she's given a direction from a Supervisor she needs to respect it and do it.  Don't think she liked that but to her credit agreed. 

Then the Supervisor asked what she can do to communicate with her better.  The answer was just not speak down to her, which is fair.  Then the Supervisors tone changed while she was saying 'if you make a mistake I should be able to tell you etc etc.' and her tone changed.  I pulled her up and said 'right there, while obviously you're not aware or mean it, your tone right now is coming across slightly condescending and aggressive,' which it was.  There was almost some tears, from both mind you.  I said, just change your approach and you won't have these issues.

The Supervisor did apologize genuinely for making the staff member feel the way she does and there was still some hesitance.  I asked the staff member, 'she's apologizing and it sounds genuine, do you not agree or accept it?'  She did.

Basically, the Supervisor is a bitch and the staff member is a princess really. The staff member has always been a funny one anyway but damn she's stubborn.  I've had conversations with both individually before the meeting to say my side and things they both do and don't do but Jesus, that was quite a challenge.  Afterwards both individually were okay and happy to move forward.  I just hope both do their part.

I think I handled it pretty well.  I didn't think too much about it beforehand and didn't take notes beforehand or anything, just dealt with it as it comes.  The worst thing I've found is playing possibly scenarios in your head of how it may go is the worst thing you can do.  Just going in there and doing it with what's in front of me went well.  I said what I needed to say.  I praised both of them but didn't bitch out on telling them what they both needed to hear also.  Time will tell.  Definitely earned my crappy pay yesterday.  I kind of actually somewhat enjoyed it....I think, which is weird.

I was thinking a wolfking mediation might go something like "  You're a fucking bitch and you're a fucking princess. .......capich?"   End of mediation.    Very impressed :)
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #935 on: August 21, 2021, 05:53:07 AM »
Kind of wasn't far off.  Although, if they can't get along that's how the next one will go for sure.  :lol

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #936 on: September 18, 2021, 02:10:27 PM »
Left my car parked on the streets overnight, went to get it this morning to find side mirror broken, driver side doors scratched and dented, the front tired damaged and front bumper damaged  :censored >:(
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #937 on: September 18, 2021, 03:21:01 PM »

NOTHING ! :octavarium:  :corn :metal :hat :coolio

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #938 on: September 18, 2021, 03:45:43 PM »
Left my car parked on the streets overnight, went to get it this morning to find side mirror broken, driver side doors scratched and dented, the front tired damaged and front bumper damaged  :censored >:(

Fucking asshole.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #939 on: September 19, 2021, 04:09:40 AM »

Mother fuckers!

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #940 on: September 19, 2021, 07:44:31 AM »

Oh fuck that would have me livid. I remember when I bought my car a few years ago, first ever brand new car, parked it at the back of the grocery store and someone hit my car and left.

Are there cameras on your street?

Offline PetFish

« Reply #941 on: September 19, 2021, 11:26:28 PM »

Welcome to the club.

Had my new 2016 CX-5 on the street and had the same thing happen to me.  It's so stupid that we have to pay a deductible even for something that is 100% not our fault.  Thanks for that.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #942 on: September 20, 2021, 05:46:13 AM »
I had near identical damage on my Mini Cooper, though it was my fault - First day in a new parking garage, and there was a column perfectly hidden behind my A-pillar. I turned directly into it and it scraped along the side of my car like the iceberg did the Titanic.

Anyway, when it came time to repair, I bought everything myself on eBay. The door, the side mirror, the front quarter panel, etc.. all came of totaled cars and were already painted from the factory to match. I went to my mechanic with all the parts already in the car and just had to pay him for the labor. I ended up saving a buttload.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 08:21:18 AM by Chino »

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #943 on: September 20, 2021, 08:16:16 AM »

Oh fuck that would have me livid. I remember when I bought my car a few years ago, first ever brand new car, parked it at the back of the grocery store and someone hit my car and left.

Are there cameras on your street?

No, no cameras in that area. I've also had an appointment to install a dash cam, which would've help but that's going to have to wait now.

Chino, That's actually a pretty smart thing to do!  :tup I might take that approach, depending how it goes with the insurance. They still have to inspect the damage  :yeahright
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #944 on: September 30, 2021, 12:55:31 PM »
Having a hearing today from unemployment on an ex employee who lied his ass off saying I lied about him being picked on. This kid was a mental case and was acting out right on the work floor.  He no called no showed for 2 weeks and we no called/no showed him. Then he says he wasn't paid what he was owed.  He was wrong. He was paid for his last day of work and the PTO hours accrued.

No he tells this hearing that in January 2020, I tld him to stay home because of covid.  Our company didn't talk about it until March of 2020 and implemented everything for safety until April.  He actually had another company there too that fired him because of tardiness.  Man I just shook my head silently.