Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 123056 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #1085 on: May 07, 2022, 08:05:48 PM »
You got more cases of Covid in 10 minutes than my store has had in a year and a half. What kind of petri dish do you work in? :lol

It was at a bar/pub as a social gathering after hours.

You haven’t been following much about Omicron, have ya?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1086 on: May 07, 2022, 08:08:00 PM »
You got more cases of Covid in 10 minutes than my store has had in a year and a half. What kind of petri dish do you work in? :lol

Do they have a new album coming out?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1087 on: May 07, 2022, 08:10:09 PM »

That's a great strike rate.

Out of about 40 staff for me about 60-70% got it, which is hefty but has been just manageable.  Some had it bad some not.  They are either young party animals or parents with kids.  And I still had to fucking get it.  :lol
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1088 on: May 07, 2022, 08:11:47 PM »

I'll admit, I don't follow a damn thing.  If COVID wasn't a thing, I wouldn't have even gotten a test and went to work as normal.  I'm fucking ignorant.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1089 on: May 07, 2022, 08:55:56 PM »
I envy that. Ignorance is bliss!
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1090 on: May 07, 2022, 09:00:32 PM »
I see it on the news daily. Can't avoid it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1091 on: May 07, 2022, 09:15:08 PM »
I see it on the news daily. Can't avoid it.

It's daily news here also, (probably not as much as over there) but I just don't watch or read the news.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1092 on: May 07, 2022, 10:39:46 PM »
I watch to see the local weather. I do check tht CDC as a manager to predict what's happening. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1093 on: May 08, 2022, 05:42:26 AM »
I have a wife that follows this shit like a cougar stalking a wounded chicken. :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1094 on: May 08, 2022, 05:54:06 PM »
I have a wife that follows this shit like a cougar stalking a wounded chicken. :lol

That's probably why I'm so ignorant and casual about it.  I just don't read about it so the triggers and info simply isn't there for me to think about and worry about it all. 

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1095 on: May 09, 2022, 12:11:33 PM »
My manager can always be counted on to piss me off.  Completely clueless.  Nothing but an unengaged figurehead puppet with a title, just like all the managers above him.  :loser:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1096 on: May 09, 2022, 01:31:43 PM »

That's probably why I'm so ignorant and casual about it.  I just don't read about it so the triggers and info simply isn't there for me to think about and worry about it all.

It's amazing how easy it is to AVOID all the noise, though (you'll notice I don't call it "news"; the standard for actual news is about the same as the standard for clothing at a strip club; that is, the bare minimum pardon the pun).  I used to be a 24-7 news guy.  I'd have a TV in my office with one of the 24-hour news networks on in the background (usually CNN, though sometimes I would listen to Sandra Smith on Fox).   And it got to a point - during the Impeachment circus - where I had to say "time to get sober".  And I did.  I watch the local news for weather, and if it gets too political, I just walk away.   My local station is a Fox network, so there is that ridicilous Young Sheldon on after, so there's no incentive to stick around, and on the rare occasion when the wonderful Rachel Frank isn't doing the weather, I go to the local NBC affiliate to watch Ryan Hanrahan.  As soon as the national broadcast with Lester Holt comes on, BAM, TV is off, or I'm in the DVR.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1097 on: May 09, 2022, 07:22:28 PM »
Yep, it's out there constantly, but incredibly easy to avoid it pretty much completely.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1098 on: May 09, 2022, 07:23:00 PM »
My manager can always be counted on to piss me off.  Completely clueless.  Nothing but an unengaged figurehead puppet with a title, just like all the managers above him.  :loser:

You're definitely not alone with that sentiment.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #1099 on: May 09, 2022, 09:32:33 PM »
Yep, it's out there constantly, but incredibly easy to avoid it pretty much completely.

It can be difficult to avoid the shit if you're stuck in a room with co-workers who talk about it daily.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1100 on: May 10, 2022, 11:04:38 AM »

No doubt. It might as well be a virus like Covid.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1101 on: May 10, 2022, 04:21:03 PM »

No doubt. It might as well be a virus like Covid.

Great analogy.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1102 on: May 11, 2022, 09:05:51 AM »

Well, you are indestructible so there is no need to worry about it for you.

If Zeus can't take you out, how is a virus?  :biggrin:
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1103 on: May 11, 2022, 09:15:51 AM »

He's got a point.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1104 on: May 11, 2022, 04:23:40 PM »

:lol  Thanks mate, that's a nice compliment.  But hey, I did catch COVID.......it just wasn't bad at all, for me.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 04:30:36 PM by wolfking »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1105 on: May 11, 2022, 04:24:15 PM »

:lol  Thanks mate, that's a nice compliment.  But hey, it did catch COVID.......it just wasn't bad at all, for me.

Exactly! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1106 on: May 11, 2022, 04:31:02 PM »
Oh..... :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1107 on: May 12, 2022, 06:30:58 AM »
Wolfking doesn't catch COVID; COVID catches Wolfking. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1108 on: May 12, 2022, 06:33:23 AM »
Lightning doesn't strike Wolfking, Wolfking strikes lightning!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1109 on: May 12, 2022, 09:07:06 AM »
Nice on both!  :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1110 on: May 12, 2022, 03:44:16 PM »
 :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1111 on: May 13, 2022, 09:03:52 AM »
I've cross-pollinated this as well.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1112 on: May 17, 2022, 09:41:39 AM »
Not today but 2 days ago. Coworker, who was already unreliable we hell, spent the entire morning before we left on our routes bitching about the company, and about Amazon... Complaining about the same shit we all there deal with, as well as unfairly shit talking out dispatch team...

And then apparently he loaded his van, got to his first stop, and then quit. Causing our 2 extras on for the day to have to split his route, which meant those of us with really shitty routes (whom the extras usually help when needed) got boned. He then proceeded to post to Reddit about it. Like dude... Grow the fuck up. It's a job. It's not glamorous, but it could be a lot worse. If things were as shitty as he made it out to be, no one, including myself, would work for the company.  Dude has already abandoned his route (basically loading up, leaving, and then coming up with a reason why he has to call off and go back home) several times in the last month or so... So it's not surprising. But dude also has 2 kids at home, one of them a newborn... And you're just going to up and quit a job that will basically guarantee you hours and OT if you want it?

What makes it worse is the fact that with one of our guys off on military related leave, and another injured, we've gone from just barely fully staffed (I've been working 50+ hour weeks to help cover shit... 5 x 10+ shifts), to understaffed. I'm picking up a 6th shift this week to help cover, but I also have a serious of days spread out between 3 work weeks that I need off, and even though the owner told me yesterday morning that he'll do his best to make sure I have them, I have a feeling it won't happen. Especially since we're also losing 2 of our most senior dispatchers within the next month.

I hate people.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline PetFish

« Reply #1113 on: May 17, 2022, 12:27:59 PM »
While cleaning my retro gaming man cave I "dropped" my 27" CRT a few inches and it made a weird "wind-chimey-bell" sound and now it's got rainbow colors on the top left and bottom right corners.

Nothing is fuzzy or distorted so it still works and plays fine, it's just the colors in these two spots.

Dammit.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1114 on: May 25, 2022, 09:42:17 PM »
Dog people..... FUCK YOU!

Leave your fucking dog at home.

They don't belong in a grocery store in a carriage where people put their food.

A service dog should have an orange vest with a registered service license number on it. Since when is it ok to bring your fucking dogs everywhere?

We were out to eat tonight, and granted it was outdoor dining (I'm in Texas) but some dude walks right by us and his fucking dog rubs up against my elbow.
You fucking fuck.

Dogs are not children you fucking pussies. Leave them the fuck at home.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1115 on: May 26, 2022, 10:33:06 AM »

A service dog should have an orange vest with a registered service license number on it. Since when is it ok to bring your fucking dogs everywhere?

We were out to eat tonight, and granted it was outdoor dining (I'm in Texas) but some dude walks right by us and his fucking dog rubs up against my elbow.
You fucking fuck.

Can't argue with you on that. I'm not much of an animal person, I can barely take care of myself let alone put them on my health insurance like some do. Did the dog at least pick up your tab?  :lol

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1116 on: May 26, 2022, 10:46:13 AM »
Talking about dogs, a few years ago I was standing at a street corner waiting for my SO. As she is approaching I noticed her point at my feet with a shocked face, I looked down and a tiny little freaking dog was peeing on my shoes!

Anyways I second the keep your dogs at home. Specially if you are going to a restaurant.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1117 on: May 26, 2022, 03:45:42 PM »
I'd rather deal with a dog then a whiny ass kid. Leave both at home and don't bring them to restaurants.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1118 on: May 26, 2022, 04:09:38 PM »
I'd rather deal with a dog then a whiny ass kid. Leave both at home and don't bring them to restaurants.

I gather kids aren’t in the cards with you and Mrs Reaper anytime soon? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1119 on: May 26, 2022, 06:29:20 PM »

You fucking fuck.

I was at the hardware store the other day, and saw 3 different people, 2 were couples and one lady on her own with fucking dogs sitting in the trolley, all with a little bed and a pillow and shit.  3 different combos of dogs and people in the one visit, no kidding, I couldn't fucking believe it.  I was there for like 20 minutes.