Author Topic: ProgPower USA XX, Sept 4-7 2019 - Pretty Maids-Evergrey-Seventh Wonder-Dem&Wiz+  (Read 37590 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
And let's see if my ProgPower 2018 Day 3 video can stay up.  Since the copyright claim I got from Sons of Apollo took my entire original video down, the whole reason for re-editting and releasing as separate videos, I had to make some significant cuts to SOA's ProgPower set.  Essentially I snipped the set's balls off and it's really not very interesting to watch.  I tried to keep as much that wouldn't trigger some automated copy right claim, but we will see.  If I get another claim, I just cut them out completely which sucks.  They were not only amazing that night, I had plenty of video to prove it.  Oh well, no ant bites in this one though  :lol  My time release plan is working nicely, seeing The Who tonight so I'll have those videos up tomorrow and then Day 4 goes up Tuesday before ProgPower 20 begins.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
Considering that YouTube recently took down MP's own drum cam video for SOA, I'd be surprised if it stayed up. It is kind of funny. MP called out the record company over it. Not sure if he got it resolved or not.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Others are still up. My theory is if the audio is really spot on itll trigger it, the parts I kept are well, the parts where they arent playing their songs exactly, hard to explain but I just cut a lot besides solos, me yelling, and them talking. We shall see, otherwise I cut them out completely. This video is easily the worst of the 4, but bloodbound and manimal were pretty good so I want to keep them up even if it means cutting this more. Sucks  first time I've really had an issue with youtube and copy rights.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Bloodbound and Manimal were SO fun. Never really heard of them in all my years of listening to power metal, and they were a hugely pleasant surprise for me last year. I should've picked up some CDs.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
My friend gave me bloodbounds live album a few years ago and it's really solid power metal, buy they are pretty standard so never got into them more, but their live show was very similar to that live album and I loved it. Also Manimal never heard of and really enjoyed. Got an awesome picture with them too  :metal

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
I found one band. Labyrinth are amazing. They kicked ass
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Lethean

Labyrinth and Redemption were the highlights of day 3 for me.  The absolute highlight was Ray Alder's surprise appearance with Redemption.  Probably the best surprise in the history of the festival for me.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
I enjoyed Labyrinth's acoustic set even more than the main set. But that's no surprise since they did Piece of Time and Purple Rain... and Lady Lost In Time :hefdaddy

Almost everything is packed, just waiting for my buddy to show up this evening and then the road trip begins. My exhaust literally fell off my car last week but I got it repaired. Hoping it doesn't explode before I get to St. Louis.   :lol

Chad, I'll be sure to keep your bed warm until you arrive.  :hat
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
 :rollin

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
 :lol

Labyrinth and Redemption were the highlights of day 3 for me.  The absolute highlight was Ray Alder's surprise appearance with Redemption.  Probably the best surprise in the history of the festival for me.

I think I was more surprised and excited for Chris Poland's appearance, since someone had spoiled me about Ray Alder being backstage.  Also, I really liked Labyrinth, but didn't get to see too much of their set since I was on the SOA signing line.

Offline Lethean

I think I was more surprised and excited for Chris Poland's appearance, since someone had spoiled me about Ray Alder being backstage. 
That sucks!  Who would do that?  I talked to Ray later that night and he said he wasn't allowed to leave his hotel room to avoid being seen. :)

Also, I really liked Labyrinth, but didn't get to see too much of their set since I was on the SOA signing line.
Really?  I hope you didn't crush any of the poor people who were standing in line to get an autograph...

Offline Ben_Jamin

:lol

I think I was more surprised and excited for Chris Poland's appearance, since someone had spoiled me about Ray Alder being backstage.  Also, I really liked Labyrinth, but didn't get to see too much of their set since I was on the SOA signing line.

I still remember MP's sudden change of mood and face when you mentioned DTF.  :lol
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
 :lol and I won't forget Derek not even looking at me

also, I know exactly who spoiled Ray for me, this person was also pretty vocal about not liking Tom in Redemption at all.  It wasn't a huge deal to me honestly, but it did take some of the surprise away.

Offline Lethean

Did you meet them backstage? Or at the signing table? Just curious about the DTF incident. :)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Signing table, and no incident.  MP's response was great and it was my first time meeting him, but I always heard he was really nice in person and I can only confirm that.  He just asked for me to defend him more here since he feels he gets ripped on here.  JSS/BF/BS were all nice and solid to meet as well, DS was the only one who just wasn't interested, had nothing to say back, and didn't even move his head up to look at who's ticket he was signing.  Kind of just confirmed the negative things I've heard about meeting him. 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Holy freaking crap, dude. The odyssey with my car just doesn't end. Think I'm seriously legit no-really-this-time 100% making it now. WHAT A DAY  :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Safe travels and see you soon  :yarr

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
I'm all packed, checked into my flight (moved my seat slightly further back to get the whole row to myself  :yarr), set my alarm for 6am, and uploaded ProgPower 2018 Day 4 which of course featured Ducky, and in going back to make a youtube icon for the video, I clipped this screenshot from the video:

SO FUCKING EPIC R.I.P.  :yarr :metal

Offline Lethean

Signing table, and no incident.  MP's response was great and it was my first time meeting him, but I always heard he was really nice in person and I can only confirm that.  He just asked for me to defend him more here since he feels he gets ripped on here.  JSS/BF/BS were all nice and solid to meet as well, DS was the only one who just wasn't interested, had nothing to say back, and didn't even move his head up to look at who's ticket he was signing.  Kind of just confirmed the negative things I've heard about meeting him.

MP was always nice to me whenever I met him.  I think he usually is - I've heard some negative fan encounters, but most people have said that he was nice or at least polite.
 I've never met DS and don't really have a desire to.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Dawn of the First Day.  :corn

Offline Ben_Jamin

I'll be following along through the FB page.  :corn 

Guys have fun. Hopefully everyone finally got the deodorant hint.  :millahhhh

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
First band down, pretty solid.  Being so close to the venue, I may be able to get youtube videos up really quick except the internet here is super slow for uploads.  Another hour before While Heaven Wept is up  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Cram, watching Theocracy-Absolution Day now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-fJ6ysgBjs

Thank you so much!  I hope you liked them.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Theocracy was awesome.  The played the three songs that I was really hoping for them to do (Master Storyteller, Ghost Ship an they closed with I Am)

:drool:

Matt Smith is my new favorite vocal crush.  Damn he was fucking spectacular.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Awesome Chad. Welcome aboard!! :metal

Please tell me K-lox wasn't out combing his hair during their set.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Literally, 10 minutes after the set, he was.  :lmao:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Cram, your channel is so awesome, that chick should pay you $27.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
 :rollin

good times tonight, theocracy stole the show

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni

That line had me roaring with laughter

I ran into Chris Petersen from Cellador aaaand he was in a very strange dark place and all he wanted was cocaine and titty bars

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
That last Cellador album was great!

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker

That line had me roaring with laughter

I ran into Chris Petersen from Cellador aaaand he was in a very strange dark place and all he wanted was cocaine and titty bars

No shortage of either 8n Atlanta

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Dude... you have no idea how much I'm praying for IQ to be in the roster announcement tomorrow!

Offline Ben_Jamin

Dude... you have no idea how much I'm praying for IQ to be in the roster announcement tomorrow!

If they're announced. It's an official buy for me.