Author Topic: ProgPower USA XX, Sept 4-7 2019 - Pretty Maids-Evergrey-Seventh Wonder-Dem&Wiz+  (Read 37591 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
I think I know who is headlining next year, day 1 is Power Quest in the loft plus more tba but tonight was sick with Mayan, Galneryus, and Evergery

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Dude... you have no idea how much I'm praying for IQ to be in the roster announcement tomorrow!

I'm just not seeing it...I think IQ may be too proggy for PPUSA. I mean, they've been doing PPUSA for 20 years now, and IQ has been there the whole time. You think they'd have had them already, along with other traditional proggers like Fish and Marillion.

Don't get me wrong man, I'd be there for sure, I just don't see it happening.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
I think I know who is headlining next year, day 1 is Power Quest in the loft plus more tba but tonight was sick with Mayan, Galneryus, and Evergery

Yeay..... haven't seen Mayan but really looking forward to next weekends Electric Castle and Other Stories with Marcela Bovio on backing vocals and on vocals for one Stream of Passion song.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
MaYaN was fantastic.  Amazing job at giving all 5 vocalists the opportunity to shine.

Galneryus had tons of energy, presence and SPEEEEEEED.  Very entertaining, and lots of people lost their shit over them - Katt included.

Evergrey... beastly.  Tom sounded so good.  Excellent set and performances across the board were on point.

Gonna be a good day today.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline goo-goo

Is PPUSA going to stick with the 4 days? Or is it going to be reduced to 3? There was a lot of frustration this year with visa issues and slow ticket sales for Days 1 and 2.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
GALNERYUS > whatever you like
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Is PPUSA going to stick with the 4 days? Or is it going to be reduced to 3? There was a lot of frustration this year with visa issues and slow ticket sales for Days 1 and 2.

Still 2 days, with Day one in the loft (as Cram referenced).

Dude... you have no idea how much I'm praying for IQ to be in the roster announcement tomorrow!

I'm just not seeing it...I think IQ may be too proggy for PPUSA. I mean, they've been doing PPUSA for 20 years now, and IQ has been there the whole time. You think they'd have had them already, along with other traditional proggers like Fish and Marillion.

True... but with Road of Bones being on the heavier/darker side, a new album this year, and (as you suggest) possibly an already available visa, maybe this is the year.

Never deprive anyone of hope!
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline goo-goo

Would love to see Vola and Arch Echo for next year's lineup.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Please tell me K-lox wasn't out combing his hair during their set.

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Literally, 10 minutes after the set, he was.  :lmao:

That line had me roaring with laughter

I ran into Chris Petersen from Cellador aaaand he was in a very strange dark place and all he wanted was cocaine and titty bars

In the ATL, at least when I was living there, "cocaine and titty bars" wasn't "a dark place", it was "Tuesday night".   Then again, I was working construction back then.   :)

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Then again, I was working construction back then.   :)

Layin' pipe ... all night long?

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Please tell me K-lox wasn't out combing his hair during their set.

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Literally, 10 minutes after the set, he was.  :lmao:

That line had me roaring with laughter

I ran into Chris Petersen from Cellador aaaand he was in a very strange dark place and all he wanted was cocaine and titty bars

In the ATL, at least when I was living there, "cocaine and titty bars" wasn't "a dark place", it was "Tuesday night".   Then again, I was working construction back then.   :)

Man. First and only case so far of "never meet your heroes." Fucking ruined my night last night because he was at it again and being a giant asshole to people. What a huge bummer. I'm so conflicted now. Oh well.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Lethean

Still 2 days, with Day one in the loft (as Cram referenced).

True... but with Road of Bones being on the heavier/darker side, a new album this year, and (as you suggest) possibly an already available visa, maybe this is the year.

Never deprive anyone of hope!

It's not that any of those bands are too prog.  At least half the audience likes prog.  It's that they aren't metal enough.  ProgPower is a metal festival.  Doesn't mean IQ won't play.
Spock's Beard played. Enchant played and went over really well.  But the focus is on metal so it's not at all surprising that you won't see many prog rock bands, especially those that are less energetic than a band like Enchant.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Theocracy's whole set is up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HdrdeYCmUE

Laying The Demon To Rest :metal
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Marc, watched your video of Japovarius, er..I mean Galneryus. Great shot!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
No IQ folks... And the lineup isn't worthy of a trip for me...

ProgPower USA 2020:
Day 3:
Shattered Skies
Witherfall
Eternal Tears of Sorrow
The Night Flight Orchestra
Jeff Scott Soto (Queen tribute)
Conception

Day 4:
Arion
Thank You Scientist
Beast in Black
The Gathering
Ihsahn
Turilli/Lione Rhapsody

Offline T-ski

No IQ folks... And the lineup isn't worthy of a trip for me...

ProgPower USA 2020:
Day 3:
Shattered Skies
Witherfall
Eternal Tears of Sorrow
The Night Flight Orchestra
Jeff Scott Soto (Queen tribute)
Conception

Day 4:
Arion
Thank You Scientist
Beast in Black
The Gathering
Ihsahn
Turilli/Lione Rhapsody

Only Night Flight Orchestra and Conception would interest me. 
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Not too bad. Shattered Skies and The Gathering are neat surprises.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline SoundscapeMN

Thank You Scientist?..kind of an odd choice.

Also The Gathering? it's been quite awhile since they were on the radar. Afterwords came out in 2013.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 09:45:05 PM by SoundscapeMN »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Friday looks pretty cool overall.  But other than Arion, nothing on Saturday captivates me.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
2020 lineup looks absolutely fantastic to me. Fucking killer roster right there

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
This is probably the easiest lineup to skip since I've been following ProgPower.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
It's amazing the polarity of opinions ... I'm seeing lots of posts on FB saying this is the most amazing lineup evar.  And other than Katt, it's seemingly universal here that this is a big bucket of meh (at best).

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah. I was constantly amazed or at least impressed by ProgPower lineups in the past. This one I'm not really interested in for the first time in a few years.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Line up doesn't blow me away, but it's solid.  I expect to be back, but first lets finish this year off with one more day.  Surprisingly feeling pretty good today too (yesterday I was hobbling and hung over)  :yarr

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

I spot a jingle

Offline Ben_Jamin

It's amazing the polarity of opinions ... I'm seeing lots of posts on FB saying this is the most amazing lineup evar.  And other than Katt, it's seemingly universal here that this is a big bucket of meh (at best).

I think its a great lineup. The Night Flight Orchestra should be fun. Hopefully no Visa issues.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline ErHaO

Something like this year's lineup would make me consider planning a holiday around it. But next year, where going to the USA is in the cards for me, the linup does too little to make me consider that.

Offline Ben_Jamin

I think the odd one is JSS.  I wouldn't mind Soto, but its a Queen tribute...umm ok.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

I spot a jingle

Taking a selfie no doubt.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
JSS wrote:

Proud to announce I am returning yet AGAIN to the mighty ProgPower USA in 2020 with my own special Queen tribute performance. In tow will be SOTO members Edu Cominato (drums) and Behjae Behjae (guitars/vox) along with 2 other killer musicians from Brazil I have done many shows with, Leo Mancini (Shaman) on guitar and Henrique Canale on bass. This is gonna be fun in front of this amazing crowd and setting, SO looking forward to it!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Does anyone really give a fuck that Jeff Scott Soto is going to show up and do a Queen tribute. It can only blow.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Does anyone really give a fuck that Jeff Scott Soto is going to show up and do a Queen tribute. It can only blow.

That's the only announcement I'm not excited about, but it's Queen and guaranteed to be fun for the audience. Also you think everything blows.  :lol

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
 :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
I just met Hansi and Jon, the fun never ends here

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Also you think everything blows.  :lol

I just met Hansi and Jon, the fun never ends here

THAT doesn't blow.

Don't get too excited Cram. Jon will be bad mouthing you soon enough. ;D