Author Topic: ProgPower USA XX, Sept 4-7 2019 - Pretty Maids-Evergrey-Seventh Wonder-Dem&Wiz+  (Read 37552 times)

Offline Lethean

Cramx, when I clicked on your day 4 video it took me right to the beginning of the Threshold footage. :)

Glad you enjoyed them, despite your incredibly bad timing with leaving early. :P 

I had no idea what Jim Grey was singing during that mic check - but I'm glad you got a nice bonding moment out of it at the signing table.  I didn't run into anyone from Caligula's Horse during the weekend but heard some people say that they were very nice.  It's really too bad jingle didn't get to catch that set because it was so awesome.

If you had to miss a band Saturday, I think you picked the right one.  Jag Panzer was fine, but the rest was better. 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Hard disagree there. Jag Panzer lit that damn venue on fire and tore the roof off the joint. One of the most fun sets of the whole fest.

Also, props to Lethean for the heads up, I'll be staying at the Artmore next year if all goes to plan :2metal:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 08:11:53 AM by Kattelox »
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Day 2 however is fantastic and I got maybe my favorite clip of the entire festival which was a brief 3 second chat between Jingle and Tom during Evergrey's set  :rollin I'm not sure I want to spoil what he says but it's so funny and innapropriate plus Tom's quick non reaction  :rollin

Oh fuck... you got that!?!?!   :rollin :rollin

I guess no one found this hidden gem..... https://youtu.be/LZj0u6JiFYU?t=2986  :rollin don't play with your volume loud in public

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Way to go, Chad  :rollin
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
 :lol if only Chad wasn't sick the last night for more moments like that

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
:lol if only Chad wasn't sick the last night for more moments like that

Rite!?!?!?  lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Did he say pussy by the note? WTF does that even mean.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Did he say pussy by the note? WTF does that even mean.

I'm also going to need some Canadian to English translation on this

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
I forget what Tom was talking about leading up to that comment  :lol but I think it made sense in context

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I wouldn't think that would ever make sense in any context. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Well that's ProgPower for you, somehow that shit made sense  :rollin or maybe I was too drunk to understand, Tom didn't seem to understand

Offline Lethean

Cramx, your video of Graves is really cool.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
I got a great photo with a friend of mine but on the left side Chad was moving and he's blurry and looks like he's painfully fading in and out of existence.  :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

:metal

I got a LOT of footage of Caligula's Horse.  Since I ended up sitting with a decent view, just figured I'd let the camera roll as I drank my vodka club and enjoyed the show.  I figured people would really enjoy seeing that song as long as it is to record  :lol  It certainly was one of the best, if not the best, single song of the festival.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I believed I commented on all of this already.  3 years ago, Evergrey was at PPUSA to do a listening party for the release of The Storm.  All weekend, Henrik (guitar player) was on the prowl for some tang everywhere and with anyone.  So, after he did his solo, and shredded for quite a bit of it (on Cram's vid), and Tom commented that "he thinks he's getting paid by the note", I shouted out he was getting "pussy by the note".  And, later in the evening at the Artmore after party, he was chattin up a few of the finer ladies.

So, all in proper context.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Nothing like shouting out an inside joke at a venue with 1000 people crammed into it  :rollin

Offline 1upmushroom

Thanks for the writeup - I'm a longtime fan of both Blind Guardian and Iced Earth, loved seeing them live but never got a chance to see D&W. "Heaven Denies" happens to be one of my favorites.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Nothing like shouting out an inside joke at a venue with 1000 people crammed into it  :rollin

Pretty sure most people at PPUSA knows Henrik is a hound.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni

Pretty sure most people at PPUSA knows Henrik is a hound.

I don't follow them 'cause Evergrey's boring :neverusethis: although I did see Tom trudging around last year. Is he ever not drunk?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
I believed I commented on all of this already.  3 years ago, Evergrey was at PPUSA to do a listening party for the release of The Storm.  All weekend, Henrik (guitar player) was on the prowl for some tang everywhere and with anyone.  So, after he did his solo, and shredded for quite a bit of it (on Cram's vid), and Tom commented that "he thinks he's getting paid by the note", I shouted out he was getting "pussy by the note".  And, later in the evening at the Artmore after party, he was chattin up a few of the finer ladies.

So, all in proper context.

ah yes, I knew there was meaningful context to this and you have explained this to me before :rollin

cramx3 style  :lol

Offline Lethean

I got a LOT of footage of Caligula's Horse.  Since I ended up sitting with a decent view, just figured I'd let the camera roll as I drank my vodka club and enjoyed the show.  I figured people would really enjoy seeing that song as long as it is to record  :lol  It certainly was one of the best, if not the best, single song of the festival.

It's certainly in the running.  I'm so glad the audience responded to them as well as they did.  I felt like it could have gone either way but they tore it up and the audience appreciated it.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
And the inevitable is official, PPUSA XXI is moved to 2021

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
 :sadpanda:

That was hard to watch Glenn's video.  Feel terrible for them all.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
:sadpanda:

That was hard to watch Glenn's video.  Feel terrible for them all.

Didnt' see the video yet, not sure I want to. Saw the news from a friend. And yeah, it sucks for them all, such a good, tight knit community.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
I've been waiting for this announcement for over a month, I'm glad it came early. And 19/21 bands coming back, that's awesome.

I just hope Power Quest, NFO, NorthTale, Stratovarius, and Witherfall are all coming back. I plan on sponsoring Power Quest and maybe NorthTale if I can manage it. As long as I get those five, I'm good.

EDIT: Yay, tickets are still good for next year! Just have to confirm sponsorship status now.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 02:52:19 PM by Kattelox »

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Yea, I feel bad for Glenn and that he has to set a gofundme so next year can even happen.  It's unfortunate but honestly expected and the best solution given the situation.  Also the fact that it's mostly going to be all the same bands, I'm still excited because I really wanted to see some of them.  Also sucks to miss out on the PP community hanging together, that's a huge loss as well.  I expect to be keeping my tickets, that's another way to continue your support.

Offline Lethean

I'm also glad the announcement came, but sad for the festival.  I'll absolutely be keeping my tickets for next year and chipping in when the Go Fund Me is set up. 

It sounds like Mindmaze and Darkwater are in for next year based on Facebook posts.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
I'm also glad the announcement came, but sad for the festival.  I'll absolutely be keeping my tickets for next year and chipping in when the Go Fund Me is set up. 

It sounds like Mindmaze and Darkwater are in for next year based on Facebook posts.

You'd have to lock Mindmaze out of the arena to stop them from opening PPUSA.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Yeah this roster is far and away the coolest I've ever seen for Progpower (that I can get to) so I'm so excited most of the bands are coming back. Let's just hope the visa process doesn't jinx some of them...

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
https://www.gofundme.com/f/progpower-usa-visa-cost-recovery-due-to-covid19

I just donated, I love this festival too much to not help out

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef

Tossed it a few bucks too, wanna make sure it's around whenever I decide to get off my ass and make the trip.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

Tossed it a few bucks too, wanna make sure it's around whenever I decide to get off my ass and make the trip.

2021? Would be awesome if you made it out, and while it's a bit more of a party scene than progstock, I think you'd still have a blast

Offline Lethean

Donated.  I actually donated a little less than I'd thought - they're already getting close to the goal being met, which is awesome.  :)

Offline Lethean

And now the goal has been met!!  :)

That's amazing.  Makes me really happy as ProgPower has been really important to me over the years.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
Just over an hour, unbelievable!!!