Author Topic: Westworld  (Read 75750 times)

Offline faizoff

Re: Westworld
« Reply #735 on: June 26, 2022, 07:24:22 PM »
I love the show and season 3 had an amazing story, the only thing I didn't care about was the fight and action scenes and the way it was shot was terrible at times. Other than those small gripes it was a fantastic season and can't wait for the new season tonight.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #736 on: June 28, 2022, 06:55:40 AM »
Watched the first Episode of S4 last night. Interesting beginning, definitely a 'foundational' episode....nothing real shocking or major happening just yet.....looks like their just putting some pieces into place prior to really getting going.

If I had to guess I'd say 'Dolores' is still in the park....just at a different version of it. I'd say her 'date' was just a rich guy who's paid to come to the park.....the dude who killed himself was a host that's figuring it out or whatever.....but, I don't think she's out in the 'real world'
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline faizoff

« Reply #737 on: June 28, 2022, 07:21:18 AM »
Watched the first Episode of S4 last night. Interesting beginning, definitely a 'foundational' episode....nothing real shocking or major happening just yet.....looks like their just putting some pieces into place prior to really getting going.

If I had to guess I'd say 'Dolores' is still in the park....just at a different version of it. I'd say her 'date' was just a rich guy who's paid to come to the park.....the dude who killed himself was a host that's figuring it out or whatever.....but, I don't think she's out in the 'real world'

It also could be that she's in a video game. There were very strong hints to it being a video game, from her career as a story writer for NPCs plus the episode ended with a piano cover version of Lana Del Ray's 'Video Games'
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #738 on: June 28, 2022, 07:26:38 AM »

It also could be that she's in a video game. There were very strong hints to it being a video game, from her career as a story writer for NPCs plus the episode ended with a piano cover version of Lana Del Ray's 'Video Games'

Interesting.....not familiar with Lana Del Ray so that reference flew over my head.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #739 on: June 28, 2022, 08:52:15 AM »
I didn't even think about that...

Offline faizoff

« Reply #740 on: June 28, 2022, 09:15:02 AM »

Interesting.....not familiar with Lana Del Ray so that reference flew over my head.

Well I'm very familiar with most of her music but I do like that one album of hers and it just happened to be on that episode.  :biggrin:

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #741 on: June 29, 2022, 08:14:32 AM »
Loved the first episode of the new season.  I like how the last season finale ended on the brink of war, and this episode starts 7 years later, after the war.

Can't wait to see how it unfolds.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #742 on: June 29, 2022, 08:25:52 AM »
Another fan of episode 1 here.

While there's been an element of reinvention at work with every season of Westworld, I truly feel that this past episode represents a perfect 'jumping-on' point for anyone who's interested in checking out the show but doesn't have 30 hours to invest in seasons 1-3.

I get that the show has been a bit polarizing over its run, but for my money, Westworld is one of the best sci-fi stories I've seen. The brazen, all-in approach of the creative team is a key contributing factor to my assessment.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #743 on: July 01, 2022, 08:08:49 PM »
Good first episode. It did it’s job of setting up intrigue. Few quibbles with the writing but nothing huge

However, and I doubt they’ll explain this, but what the hell happened to the cartel guy? He saw flies and then killed everyone and himself? What?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline faizoff

« Reply #744 on: July 04, 2022, 06:42:26 AM »
Interesting episode last night, I think the flies are some kind of conversion tool to make a human into a host. As intriguing as Dolores's plot line is, I really hope it doesn't get stretched to the last episode of the season.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #745 on: July 04, 2022, 06:54:11 AM »
Definitely what I'm thinking about the flies as well.

Also, are we headed to gangster land and the roaring 20s?

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #746 on: July 05, 2022, 09:01:50 PM »
are they ever going to introduce Futureworld?

also I'd like to see Aaron Stanford and Aaron Paul in the same scene. The 2 actors are similar/have played similar types of characters. They could play brothers.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #747 on: July 10, 2022, 09:53:04 PM »
Holeeeeeeeee shit  :omg:

This show just went to 11 really fucking quick.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #748 on: July 11, 2022, 10:46:59 AM »

Yeah....couldn't help feel bad for Caleb there at the end  :omg:

SPOILERY STUFF

Given that Bernard was 'asleep' for quite a while I'm wondering if that young woman that he and Stubbs met up with isn't Caleb's daughter?? Just an older version? 

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #749 on: July 11, 2022, 12:41:00 PM »

SPOILERY STUFF

Given that Bernard was 'asleep' for quite a while I'm wondering if that young woman that he and Stubbs met up with isn't Caleb's daughter?? Just an older version? 

That was my husband's guess as well. Falls in line with the time jumps we're used to.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #750 on: July 11, 2022, 12:48:35 PM »

SPOILERY STUFF

That was my husband's guess as well. Falls in line with the time jumps we're used to.

Funnily enough as soon as I saw her meeting Bernard, I immediately thought that it must be her in the future. Great episode, kinda wished I binged this instead of waiting week to week. I'm becoming too impatient.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #751 on: July 11, 2022, 12:51:13 PM »
That enter sandman cover was dope though.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #752 on: July 11, 2022, 12:53:55 PM »
kinda wished I binged this instead of waiting week to week. I'm becoming too impatient.

Yep....I feel exactly the same. I get that there's a certain 'appreciation' to be had by waiting week to week but streaming/binging has spoiled/ruined me in the aspect of I'd rather just knock out a season of 'blank' show in a couple days and be done with it. I'm conditioned for it now.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #753 on: July 11, 2022, 12:58:57 PM »

Yeah it was.  Metallica is having a good week!  :metal

I'm a big fan of the 1920's gangster/prohibition era mafia stuff, so the new theme park is awesome. 

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #754 on: July 11, 2022, 12:59:56 PM »

Dude right? So good!!

SPOILERY STUFF

Funnily enough as soon as I saw her meeting Bernard, I immediately thought that it must be her in the future. Great episode, kinda wished I binged this instead of waiting week to week. I'm becoming too impatient.

Didnt' even think about that, but very damn intriguing for sure.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #755 on: July 13, 2022, 05:59:33 AM »
I watched the first three episodes last night. I was a bit tired and started nodding in and out in the second half of the third episode. I am sooooo fucking lost. Even the first two episodes were tough for me to follow. I know that's kind of this show's shtick, and I've loved the first three seasons because of it, but I'm going to have to restart this season. I'm missing something important because basically nothing makes any kind of sense to me right now.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #756 on: July 13, 2022, 06:42:49 AM »
Definitely can't watch this show when tired. I had completed a rewatch of season 3 so I think I kinda know where the plots are going. Truth be told the seasons are much better to binge, they have so many plot lines going that at times it's hard to recall who was doing what. It's been a little straightforward for me to follow but I can see how lost people can get.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #757 on: July 13, 2022, 08:22:30 AM »
I've gotten into a pattern of watching it on Sunday, watching a recap video on Wed, then watching it again on Saturday to prep for the next episode.

And yeah, no way you can watch this show distracted or tired.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #758 on: July 18, 2022, 11:23:52 PM »
Damn I need to watch that episode again, so much to take in.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #759 on: July 19, 2022, 03:02:24 PM »
Damn I need to watch that episode again, so much to take in.

Same. They went the extra mile on that one  :lol

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #760 on: July 20, 2022, 09:33:17 PM »
Finally got time and was in the right mindset to watch it.

I'm speechless, so, so good. I'm shocked at how consistently outstanding this show is. I swear I watched that last half hour with my jaw on the floor, kind of knowing what was coming, but not even being prepared for how huge a change it would be. Talk about fucking dark.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #761 on: July 23, 2022, 12:58:01 PM »
Just saw that the original flick is on HBO MAX, giving it a whirl, haven't seen it since the early 80s.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #762 on: July 23, 2022, 03:29:58 PM »
Goddamn this show.

I love being along for the ride. It helped a little that I watched eps 3 and 4 back to back so didn't have time to reflect/speculate. But time jumps and different timelines featuring the same character at different points have been an iconic part of the show since season 1, and yet I still hadn't guessed that C could be Frankie and all of it was happening two decades on until the moment Bernard referred to Caleb and it all clicked into place.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #763 on: July 24, 2022, 10:38:36 PM »
Goddamn this show indeed. Another fantastic episode and its completely throwing me for a loop! Season 3 was fairly straightforward relatively speaking but this season has gone back to screwy timelines that are sorta converging. Don't know where Caleb is compared to the rest but I think Bernard and Dolores might be in the same spot right now. Either way Goddamn!

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #764 on: July 25, 2022, 07:39:15 PM »
Got to episode 5....wow. Not as strong as 4,but very strong. The narratives are definitely on a crash course.

The shot of the guy playing the piano with raw fingers though.. So simple, so fucking effective.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #765 on: July 25, 2022, 11:00:36 PM »
Wasn't too far off with the below postulation after episode one....and, as the subsequent episodes came and went you kind of knew that Chrissy's world was 'fake' and that she was one of the one's pulling the strings on the stories. Only question is, is her roommate a human or host? Maybe she's just close to becoming an outlier and then Chrissy will be forced to choose to help her setting up a battle against her old 'self' Dolores/Hale

Curious as to what the cloned version of the MIB is going to do next? He seems a bit pissy at this point as well with Hale.....seemed like he was kind of disgusted with her for being 'bored'.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #766 on: July 25, 2022, 11:03:55 PM »
You guys have been spot on a few of your predictions, someone else nailed it that the older girl was Caleb's kid grown up right away. I personally suck at guessing such things, I think it adds to the wonder for me tbh. :lol

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #767 on: July 26, 2022, 07:17:41 AM »
You guys have been spot on a few of your predictions, someone else nailed it that the older girl was Caleb's kid grown up right away. I personally suck at guessing such things, I think it adds to the wonder for me tbh. :lol

Yeah…I made that guess also. But, I thought they set that one up pretty good with that episode for us to make that connection.

By no means do I think I know what’s going on…..but these writers do follow a bit of a pattern it seems.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #768 on: August 07, 2022, 09:48:34 PM »
I'm loving this season so far, the layers unraveling in each episode should make for an epic finale next weekend. I'm really looking forward to re-watching the season again as well.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #769 on: August 10, 2022, 07:09:55 AM »
Pretty good episode.....however.....I'm struggling to see just 'why' Bernard needed to find Maeve and reanimate her. She literally did nothing after he woke her up and repaired her other than die. Sure, the distraction to allow him to go up in the tower was 'something' and I guess until we see what that payoff was 'maybe' there was a point for her to be there....but, she was largely useless and not needed.

And, I love how the MIB convinced 'himself' to basically 'man up' and get back in the game. Ruthless.....