Author Topic: Westworld  (Read 74663 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Westworld
« Reply #805 on: December 02, 2022, 07:39:27 AM »
Well, it was good, but the magic was gone. It was not bad, but knowing it was the end and probably we wouldn't get any satisfying ending I just went along for the ride. This is the equivalent of a band past her prime putting out an ok album. You don't dislike it, you can't find songs to point out as really bad, but in the end, the album comes and goes and you just forget about it. I watched it to complete the story,  but as I previously said, nothing will ever come remotely close to season 1.

Agreed....said something similar about the season as a whole as well. Fun ride but it's definitely time to get off of it.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline faizoff

« Reply #806 on: December 02, 2022, 07:58:05 AM »
The problem they ran into I feel in the end was they constantly wanted this big giant reveal of how everything was not what it seemed like. Which just made everything so fucking confusing for the sake of being confusing. Season 4 was really good until the end when they again just had to pull this rug of lets make it more of everything is fake and I knew it all along but couldn't remember type of bullshit trope.

All that being said I strangely still enjoyed the show overall. Was also the first show I ever got on 4k Bluray. Will get the final season to complete the set.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #807 on: December 02, 2022, 11:18:43 AM »
The problem they ran into I feel in the end was they constantly wanted this big giant reveal of how everything was not what it seemed like. Which just made everything so fucking confusing for the sake of being confusing. Season 4 was really good until the end when they again just had to pull this rug of lets make it more of everything is fake and I knew it all along but couldn't remember type of bullshit trope.

All that being said I strangely still enjoyed the show overall. Was also the first show I ever got on 4k Bluray. Will get the final season to complete the set.

Yep. I said it earlier in the thread.....they tried too hard to be too clever. Sometimes it's "OK" to let something just be what it is. Not every storyline has to be a 180 surprise reveal or some false flag.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #808 on: December 03, 2022, 07:38:26 PM »
I felt they started to do that in Season 2.

Whose a host, whose not? Will they die?..is there a Host civil war? What is reality, what is a dream?

It became a bit too self-indulgent, much like Lost was, and of course JJ Abrams also produced this show.