Author Topic: Westworld  (Read 74839 times)

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Westworld
« Reply #630 on: April 20, 2020, 09:02:24 AM »
Great episode. Really great. I only had one complaint, which applies to most shows/movies..............but you have an elite team of trained mercenaries and they can't shoot a damn person?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #631 on: April 20, 2020, 09:04:52 AM »
Great episode. Really great. I only had one complaint, which applies to most shows/movies..............but you have an elite team of trained mercenaries and they can't shoot a damn person?

Right? And how about those two idiots who tried shooting the riot control robot after it flung a guy 20 feet into the air   :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Adami

« Reply #632 on: April 20, 2020, 09:07:18 AM »

Right? And how about those two idiots who tried shooting the riot control robot after it flung a guy 20 feet into the air   :lol

I mean, I get they need her to get away, and they run into the problem that she couldn't realistically do that in that situation. Though blowing up her car was a pretty dope move.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #633 on: April 20, 2020, 09:14:06 AM »
which applies to most shows/movies..............but you have an elite team of trained mercenaries and they can't shoot a damn person?

This is pretty annoying because it happens all the time.

Or, like in Season 2 of Jack Ryan on AMAZON he basically turned into John Wick and couldn't miss a shot......while every other 'bad guy' couldn't shoot. I get why Hale/Dolores shot well.....she's a finely tuned machine. You can 'explain' her accuracy away.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline faizoff

« Reply #634 on: April 20, 2020, 09:41:18 AM »
Everywhere I read that is the biggest complaint, some people were suggesting they just not film any more shootings lol. The shooting setups are definitely a huge problem, the show excels in the reveals of surprise plot points and dialogues etc... but anytime they have a shootout, better be ready for convenient plot armor bullet dogding and storm tropper aim.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 09:47:18 AM by faizoff »
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #635 on: April 20, 2020, 09:55:59 AM »
Everywhere I read that is the biggest complaint, some people were suggesting they just not film any more shootings lol. The shooting setups are definitely a huge problem, the show excels in the reveals of surprise plot points and dialogues etc... but anytime they have a shootout, better be ready for convenient plot armor bullet dogding and storm tropper aim.

And unless a bullet hits a host square in the 'brain'.....or maybe blows their heart out....they aren't dying. Dolores got shot multiple times this season and she's perfectly fine.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #636 on: April 20, 2020, 09:57:03 AM »
Was the blood test that came back as an anomaly for William confirmation that he is a host? Or, did that have to do with Dolores pricking his neck?

Offline Adami

« Reply #637 on: April 20, 2020, 09:58:17 AM »

And unless a bullet hits a host square in the 'brain'.....or maybe blows their heart out....they aren't dying. Dolores got shot multiple times this season and she's perfectly fine.

I was always confused about this until this episode. They're robots. They can survive all of that stuff but never do. So I just assumed it was programmed into them to react the way a human would and that Dolores programmed it out of her clone people. Even after that car explosion she was limping but didn't seem in any pain at all.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Adami

« Reply #638 on: April 20, 2020, 09:58:32 AM »
Was the blood test that came back as an anomaly for William confirmation that he is a host? Or, did that have to do with Dolores pricking his neck?

I missed this. What happened?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline faizoff

« Reply #639 on: April 20, 2020, 10:10:05 AM »

I was always confused about this until this episode. They're robots. They can survive all of that stuff but never do. So I just assumed it was programmed into them to react the way a human would and that Dolores programmed it out of her clone people. Even after that car explosion she was limping but didn't seem in any pain at all.

In my rewatch I was wondering about this. It appears very arbitrary on how the hosts die during shootouts.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #640 on: April 20, 2020, 10:22:14 AM »

The therapist took Williams blood sample then sent it to that Lab. The technicians put it on the computer to 'read' it.....as preparation for that 'AR' test.....and while the screen was reading it the screen glitched and said 'anomaly detected'

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #641 on: April 20, 2020, 10:24:23 AM »

In contrast to Maeve who....Dolores 'only' stabbed her through the gut. Not the lungs or the heart or the brain.....just through the gut where there's seemingly zero vital 'organs' so to speak for a host to survive. Unless her death was based on blood loss alone?

Offline faizoff

« Reply #642 on: April 20, 2020, 10:43:30 AM »

The therapist took Williams blood sample then sent it to that Lab. The technicians put it on the computer to 'read' it.....as preparation for that 'AR' test.....and while the screen was reading it the screen glitched and said 'anomaly detected'

So I just looked at that scene again and it says Unknown protein detected for William, the screen then glitches and shows that data was transmitted to Sonora, Mexico.

I wonder if in the previous episode Charlotte injects him with that protein as a marker for William to be found by Bernard.

Will have to wait for the next two episodes and then begin a rewatch of Season 3 to see what all I missed.

Offline Adami

« Reply #643 on: April 20, 2020, 10:48:23 AM »
Yea, if there's anything in William's blood, I assume it's what Charlotte put in him.

I doubt a host would be capable of 1) being drugged like that in the hospital  or 2) Having those kinds of mental issues.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #644 on: April 20, 2020, 10:48:52 AM »

So I just looked at that scene again and it says Unknown protein detected for William, the screen then glitches and shows that data was transmitted to Sonora, Mexico.

I wonder if in the previous episode Charlotte injects him with that protein as a marker for William to be found by Bernard.

Will have to wait for the next two episodes and then begin a rewatch of Season 3 to see what all I missed.

Cool  :tup    It would seem that neck prick has something to do with it. It has to.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #645 on: April 20, 2020, 10:50:03 AM »
Having those kinds of mental issues.

So, as a Therapist.....do you agree with that manner of treatment  :lol   Pretty immersive.

Offline Adami

« Reply #646 on: April 20, 2020, 10:53:17 AM »
Having those kinds of mental issues.

So, as a Therapist.....do you agree with that manner of treatment  :lol   Pretty immersive.

Honestly, that was a really interesting form of treatment. Obviously I disagree with it being used without consent, but I think there is some real potential for something LIKE that if it were to ever be real. Granted I would want the therapist in there and not just watching data readouts in another room.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #647 on: April 20, 2020, 10:57:00 AM »
I'm of the belief that whatever Dolores pricked him with is some kind of substance that allows Dolores to track William.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #648 on: April 20, 2020, 12:57:00 PM »
I didn't understand the point of Maeve kicking Nazi butt. What did that accomplish?

Offline Adami

« Reply #649 on: April 20, 2020, 12:59:20 PM »
I didn't understand the point of Maeve kicking Nazi butt. What did that accomplish?

Sometimes you just gotta kick some Nazi butt.

She had just "died" in the real world, and maybe just needed to vent some frustration in a harmless way as she knew they were going to print her a new body anyway and she just needed to hang out until then.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #650 on: April 21, 2020, 07:02:25 AM »

Sometimes you just gotta kick some Nazi butt.

She had just "died" in the real world, and maybe just needed to vent some frustration in a harmless way as she knew they were going to print her a new body anyway and she just needed to hang out until then.

I'm all for kicking Nazi butt, but they didn't even use it as an action sequence. They cut away to another story line and then back to show all the Nazi's down. I'm just not getting what any of it was for.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #651 on: April 22, 2020, 08:26:13 AM »
I'm listening to Recappables: Westworld on Spotify because I am an info sponge when it comes to this show, and someone's pointed out that, at the end of the last episode, when Maeve is bringing a host to life in the facility... the serial number shown there matches Clementine's serial number from a season 1 screencap. Some of these fans are on another level with picking out these nuggets. So I really hope Clementine comes back. We never saw her get got for good, I don't think, and she was more or less the angel of death - I can't wait to see if this is true and if it is what Clementine will do going forward.

I need to watch this episode again but at one point didn't it show William with fingers on his hand that got the fingers blown off?

Offline faizoff

« Reply #652 on: April 22, 2020, 09:35:13 AM »

I need to watch this episode again but at one point didn't it show William with fingers on his hand that got the fingers blown off?

I think that was when he was in his therapy session and he sees his full self and then walks around and sees his younger self. I'll have to rewatch the episode.

I too read the Clementine speculation, and it sure does look that way. I think there was a quick screen shot of her face somewhere in the episode if I'm not mistaken.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #653 on: April 22, 2020, 10:19:02 AM »
I also want to add that Clementine Pennyfeather is a hot name. Am I alone?  :lol

Offline Adami

« Reply #654 on: April 22, 2020, 10:20:55 AM »
Speaking of hot (shut it) I'm a little sad Pom got killed off so quickly. Why was she in the show? She isn't a huge name, but she's definitely too big a name to play a person with a few lines at most that accomplishes nothing and then dies.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #655 on: April 22, 2020, 10:26:06 AM »
That was a FANTASTIC episode.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #656 on: April 22, 2020, 10:33:39 AM »
Speaking of hot (shut it) I'm a little sad Pom got killed off so quickly. Why was she in the show? She isn't a huge name, but she's definitely too big a name to play a person with a few lines at most that accomplishes nothing and then dies.

Is she? Other than the MCU (and she wasn't a major player there, Thanos subduing aside) I've never seen her in anything or even heard of her. I only caught her in Westworld 'cause her name popped up in the credits so I went back to look. It is weird she's in for such a small role. Maybe Dolores or Maeve will manage to bring her back to deceive and bring down Serac? I wouldn't put anything past this show.

That's a serious question btw, if she's really good in something that nobody's been talking about (which seems to be everything prior to her MCU appearances) then I'm down for checking it out, I want to see her emote and act without antennas. She's damn cute :)

Offline Adami

« Reply #657 on: April 22, 2020, 10:52:51 AM »
She's not THAT big of a name, but she's been in a few things I've seen. But her Marvel roles would give her a decent paycheck. Not sure why they'd pay that if they can just get a total unknown for the same role and nothing would be different.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #658 on: April 22, 2020, 10:56:00 AM »
I could be totally wrong but I think you're overstating how big she is:

https://www.celebworth.net/2018/08/how-much-money-does-pom-klementieff.html

Granted I have no idea how accurate that site is, but even ERW is over double her net worth, and Aaron Paul is even over double ERW's, so I bet they could easily afford Pom.

But, maybe she will come back! I hope she does. :)

Offline Adami

« Reply #659 on: April 22, 2020, 10:58:32 AM »
I could be totally wrong but I think you're overstating how big she is:

https://www.celebworth.net/2018/08/how-much-money-does-pom-klementieff.html

Granted I have no idea how accurate that site is, but even ERW is over double her net worth, and Aaron Paul is even over double ERW's, so I bet they could easily afford Pom.

But, maybe she will come back! I hope she does. :)

Oh she's not huge. But Aaron Paul is a huge role on the show. I just know whatever she's getting paid is considerably more than if they just got an unknown. And given that, I have no idea why they didn't.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #660 on: April 22, 2020, 11:22:32 AM »
I want to know the series of events that led to them getting Kid Cudi and Marshawn Lynch, since we're on this subject!

Offline faizoff

« Reply #661 on: April 22, 2020, 12:51:12 PM »
Finished season 2 rewatch today and I'm lost on a few things lol.
Man the twists and turns the finale episode took, I'm still kinda confused on some things in Bernards's timeline. Might have to do a rewatch of the rewatch.

The potential that some of the scenes in season 2 are way out in the future and not even in season 3 timeline makes my head hurt.

And then the gap between end of season 2 with the beginning of season 3 is another head-scratcher. It's probably going to take like 50 rewatches to get the timelines all lined up.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #662 on: April 22, 2020, 07:28:30 PM »

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #663 on: April 22, 2020, 07:29:15 PM »
 :heart :heart :heart

Offline faizoff

« Reply #664 on: April 22, 2020, 07:46:40 PM »
The Hollywood reporter apparently says that there are plans for six seasons.

While the married showrunners will create new projects for Amazon, the deal included upfront payment for their services as showrunners on Westworld for what sources say could be up to season six.