Author Topic: Re: DT16 Timeline Thread - John finished recording guitar parts  (Read 123429 times)

HOF (+ 1 Hidden) and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline EPIC Outro

They can do a sequel to Pull Me Under called Push You Over.

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
Push You Ova!
Push You Ova!
Push You Ova, and trim my beard!!
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline jimgolf

Push Me Over, Push Me Over, Push Me Over till I fall. All that I feel is aches and pain, All I can do is take Aleve.

Offline gzarruk

Lol. JP is in full EBMM marketing mode.

And he just posted about the new Nebula Eau De Parfum :lol
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
I can see it now. The next DT album cover will be... An EBMM guitar lathered in beard oil...
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
They can do a sequel to Pull Me Under called Push You Over.

"Pull my finger, I'm not afraid!"
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Kocak

I can see it now. The next DT album cover will be... An EBMM guitar lathered in beard oil...

The booklet can have Tonemission IR collection preset codes, a JP guitar strap handle and the entire thing could smell like the Rock the Barrel bourbon.

Offline Wim Kruithof

• Official Guardian of The Shattered Fortress
With that Petrucci pic, he somehow brings two very different worlds together, metal and gnome.
Wim pointed out something I don't see mentioned very often...

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
And he just posted about the new Nebula Eau De Parfum :lol

I'm curious how it smells.

Offline gborland

I'm curious how it smells.

Much like the beard oil, I expect.

Popcorny. It makes me want to lick my whiskers.
Graham Borland

Offline gzarruk

Not really familiar with how long these things usually take for them, but it seems like they're taking a lot of time for recording, doesn't it? And Jordan is on tour for about a month with the Dregs, so he probably won't be recording anything until late May at best?
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline fadetoblackdude7

Not really familiar with how long these things usually take for them, but it seems like they're taking a lot of time for recording, doesn't it? And Jordan is on tour for about a month with the Dregs, so he probably won't be recording anything until late May at best?
Most likely….plenty of time for JP and JM to lay down their parts.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
With that Petrucci pic, he somehow brings two very different worlds together, metal and gnome.
There went that coffee I was drinking up my nose :lol

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
"It's calling me back to my gnooome"
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
"It's calling me back to my gnooome"

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Setlist Scotty

There went that coffee I was drinking up my nose :lol
You drink coffee through your nose?!?!  :omg:
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline dparrott

Thanks. Very ZZ Top.

Actually, with MP back, they have 3 beards!
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
You drink coffee through your nose?!?!  :omg:
You don't snort the beans????

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline illusionist

Most likely….plenty of time for JP and JM to lay down their parts.

Writing lyrics may be a bigger deal for them at this point.

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
I would really like to see lyrics and vocal melodies become a priority again. DT12 was the last album that felt really strong for me in the vocal department. I know a lot of effort went into The Astonishing on that front, but that is kind of its own thing.
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
JP and Rena were at the Judas Priest concert last night (I was too!) and Rena shared this, to put to rest any idea that JP cut his hair  :metal

Offline TheBarstoolWarrior

• PR permission
The facial hair color is really making him look a lot older than he is. He is still a beautiful man though.
Disclaimer: All opinions stated are my own unless otherwise specified. I don't personally know any present or former members of Dream Theater. From time to time where the context is obvious, I may state an opinion without clearly labeling every single part of it as such. I cannot predict the future.

Online HOF

Santa Petrucci.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Jerry Petrucci.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
His forehead is bigger than Rob's.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gzarruk

His forehead is bigger than Rob's.

:lol :lol :lol

Offline Dream Team

On DT16 I hope JP delivers the riffs like Faulkner did on Invincible Shield. For me, something definitely missing from View which had way too many simplistic chugs.

Offline TheBarstoolWarrior

• PR permission
On DT16 I hope JP delivers the riffs like Faulkner did on Invincible Shield. For me, something definitely missing from View which had way too many simplistic chugs.

I agree with that. I am not sure why it came out the way it did but I hope JP is going to bring something a bit more interesting. The amount of time being put into the record gives me a lot of hope this is going to be a good one.
Disclaimer: All opinions stated are my own unless otherwise specified. I don't personally know any present or former members of Dream Theater. From time to time where the context is obvious, I may state an opinion without clearly labeling every single part of it as such. I cannot predict the future.

Offline Arkarian

Santa Petrucci.

That’s what I thought! Did he shove Tim Allen down a roof?

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
Somewhat confused about the notion people have about this album taking a long time to produce. To me, the writing flew by in an instance. Maybe that's because my impression of bands in general don't normally write things this quickly, but it's still a long time for DT specifically. I might be able to put together something like a DT album, but it might also take me a year, if I could even do it at all.

Offline JediKnight1969

• Andrés
JP and Rena were at the Judas Priest concert last night (I was too!) and Rena shared this, to put to rest any idea that JP cut his hair  :metal

Gettin' closer...  ;)

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=43071.msg1949836#msg1949836
A daily dose of eMpTyV will flush your mind right down the drain...

Offline EPIC Outro

It's crazy how much someone can change in just twenty years. He looked like a totally different person in the Train of Thought era.

Offline JLa

DT16 - When Hair and Beard Unite

Offline evilasiojr

Yeah, age got to the man, but he still looks happy and lively, that's what matter the most  :tup

I think it's only recent that we've been able to notice a big difference in JP, but again, it's part of life and I'm on the team that prefers them embracing the age, like going gray and stuff. They'll still be able to rock no matter how they look!