Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 136837 times)

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #945 on: September 30, 2021, 01:14:13 PM »
Our office building was going to be replacing the hallway carpeting - building management said that they would only block one of our office suite doors at a time and the office would remain accessible at all times.  We received an email from the receptionist on Tuesday indicating Tuesday/Wednesday work.

So I make my usual Thursday commute into the city.  When the elevator door opens, there is yellow caution tape across the doorway.  I quickly duck under it and hear a guy yell WET GLUE!   I stepped right in the wet glue and was then on an island of carpet with glue all around me.  I gave the guy a little earful, wondering how I'm supposed to get to my office down the hall.   They were going to start at the elevators at 7am and didn't expect anyone to be getting off of them that early.  All six of the elevator doors were roped off with caution tape, as were BOTH of the office doors.  I pulled the tape down and went into the office, absolutely fuming about people needing to work smarter and communicate better - have the building take three elevators out of service for an hour, then do the other side of the hall - don't just rope off all six and expect people to not come out of them!

So I had really sticky glue on the bottom of my right shoe, which stuck to the floor each time I took a step.  I rubbed some hand sanitizer on it, which took care of some of the tackiness.  It dried after a while and walking wasn't an issue anymore. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #946 on: September 30, 2021, 01:17:21 PM »
There's nothing like beating your head against the wall as going to an unemployment hearing. My wife used to go to them for her company, and I've gone to a few for mine in the past. People fucking lie. At the end of the day, the state doesn't want to pay for them, so they know the company will get fucked.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #947 on: September 30, 2021, 01:23:43 PM »
There's nothing like beating your head against the wall as going to an unemployment hearing. My wife used to go to them for her company, and I've gone to a few for mine in the past. People fucking lie. At the end of the day, the state doesn't want to pay for them, so they know the company will get fucked.

We will end up winning because there was no covid talk in January and he no showed for 2 weeks in a row.  I already had to go to another hearing when he said we didn't pay him all we owed which was a lie.  He was even paid for his PTO he accrued. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #948 on: September 30, 2021, 05:03:23 PM »

We will end up winning because there was no covid talk in January and he no showed for 2 weeks in a row.  I already had to go to another hearing when he said we didn't pay him all we owed which was a lie.  He was even paid for his PTO he accrued.

Even if you win, still, what a waste of your bleeping time.  Argh.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #949 on: September 30, 2021, 05:13:45 PM »
I was pulling for the kid originally. You should have heard the conversations.   He was unbalanced and delusional.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #950 on: October 01, 2021, 06:41:38 AM »
Our office building was going to be replacing the hallway carpeting - building management said that they would only block one of our office suite doors at a time and the office would remain accessible at all times.  We received an email from the receptionist on Tuesday indicating Tuesday/Wednesday work.

So I make my usual Thursday commute into the city.  When the elevator door opens, there is yellow caution tape across the doorway.  I quickly duck under it and hear a guy yell WET GLUE!   I stepped right in the wet glue and was then on an island of carpet with glue all around me.  I gave the guy a little earful, wondering how I'm supposed to get to my office down the hall.   They were going to start at the elevators at 7am and didn't expect anyone to be getting off of them that early.  All six of the elevator doors were roped off with caution tape, as were BOTH of the office doors.  I pulled the tape down and went into the office, absolutely fuming about people needing to work smarter and communicate better - have the building take three elevators out of service for an hour, then do the other side of the hall - don't just rope off all six and expect people to not come out of them!

So I had really sticky glue on the bottom of my right shoe, which stuck to the floor each time I took a step.  I rubbed some hand sanitizer on it, which took care of some of the tackiness.  It dried after a while and walking wasn't an issue anymore.

I feel bad about the miscommunication about the doors, but at the risk of being a dick, not about your shoes:  "...there is yellow caution tape across the doorway.  I quickly duck under it..."   I get it's an inconvenience, but still.   

Offline Grappler

« Reply #951 on: October 01, 2021, 09:07:22 AM »

I feel bad about the miscommunication about the doors, but at the risk of being a dick, not about your shoes:  "...there is yellow caution tape across the doorway.  I quickly duck under it..."   I get it's an inconvenience, but still.   

To be fair, the guys doing the carpet probably didn't expect people to be getting off of the elevators at 7am, but nobody communicated that the floor would be "inaccessible" at 7am by blocking off EVERY elevator.  I'm sure they figured they could quickly do the areas in front of the elevators by 8, when people usually start to show up. 

And from my perspective, I wake up at 4:30am to get on a train so i can get into the city at 7am.  I spend 90 minutes riding the train, I'm tired and after 2 and a half hours, I'm just now getting to my office to start a ork day.  The sooner I get in, the sooner I can do my work and get home.  When you commute 50 miles and 90 minutes by train, you don't want to be told "gee, sorry, you can't come in yet." 

Not my problem.  I woke up super early and I'm here.  I'm not going to waste time hanging in the building lobby for an hour that will cause me to go home later than I need to be (my daughter had an appointment right after school, so I can't just wait and take a later train - I'm on a strict schedule.  If you want to start by the elevators, tell the building manager that so they can communicate and tell people not to come in early.  We received an email stating that they would be working on Tuesday or maybe Wednesday, so I wasn't expecting anything to be blocked off on Thursday.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #952 on: October 01, 2021, 09:21:15 AM »
Ticketmaster will not show you the prices for tickets anymore until you're already in the purchase stage. They don't want you to actually see the prices until you're under immense pressure to act because you're racing against bots and scalpers, and of course they don't include the 40% surcharges. That's an all around dick move on their part. I've typically defended TM because the reality is that they do a pretty decent job of a near impossible task. The fees are a gyp, but so are every other ticketing agency, and they're almost always inferior. This is really crooked, though. Eh, what are you gonna do. FUCK YEAH! CAPITALISM!
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #953 on: October 01, 2021, 09:25:41 AM »
Ticketmaster will not show you the prices for tickets anymore until you're already in the purchase stage. They don't want you to actually see the prices until you're under immense pressure to act because you're racing against bots and scalpers, and of course they don't include the 40% surcharges. That's an all around dick move on their part. I've typically defended TM because the reality is that they do a pretty decent job of a near impossible task. The fees are a gyp, but so are every other ticketing agency, and they're almost always inferior. This is really crooked, though. Eh, what are you gonna do. FUCK YEAH! CAPITALISM!

And those bastards are a monopoly as well. 

Offline Grappler

« Reply #954 on: October 01, 2021, 09:28:01 AM »

I was looking into tickets for Volbeat/Ghost and there was a disclaimer about surge pricing.  That really makes me mad - now they'll adjust prices on the fly if there is high demand.  I was playing around on the site and was seeing $85 for GA floor tickets and $95 for the first level of seating above the floor.  More people were buying the actual seats instead of the floor tickets, so they probably bumped up the pricing on the seats.   >:(

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #955 on: October 01, 2021, 09:33:19 AM »

What annoys me the most about TM is their "Official Platinum" sale. They take regular tickets and inflate the price simply because they can (sometimes more than double the regular price).
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #956 on: October 01, 2021, 09:35:00 AM »

I was looking into tickets for Volbeat/Ghost and there was a disclaimer about surge pricing.  That really makes me mad - now they'll adjust prices on the fly if there is high demand.  I was playing around on the site and was seeing $85 for GA floor tickets and $95 for the first level of seating above the floor.  More people were buying the actual seats instead of the floor tickets, so they probably bumped up the pricing on the seats.   >:(
Now that's interesting. I've not seen price surging down here. It makes sense, though. In the end TM exists to bleed us dry, and the market will support whatever kind of bullshit they want to throw out at us.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #957 on: October 01, 2021, 02:53:53 PM »
I discovered surge pricing when they did it for the Jinjer show at the HoB in Chicago. When I first looked, tix were $25 for the floor. Then a month or so later, they are $50 and the surge explanation is given. Ended up not buying tix and now it is sold out. I thought $50 was a bit high, regardless of how awesome I think Jinjer is.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #958 on: October 01, 2021, 02:56:30 PM »
$25 is too high for Jinjer.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #959 on: October 01, 2021, 02:58:32 PM »

Blasphemy!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #960 on: October 01, 2021, 03:39:28 PM »

Get out of the way Grandpa.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #961 on: October 01, 2021, 03:40:36 PM »
It's actually $25 too high.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #962 on: October 04, 2021, 10:35:41 AM »

What annoys me the most about TM is their "Official Platinum" sale. They take regular tickets and inflate the price simply because they can (sometimes more than double the regular price).

I've never paid for an Official Platinum ticket.  If there's a lot of those unsold, usually the day of or before the show those tickets get reset back to the "Standard ticket" price and I'll but them then.  That's how I got in the 5th row center for Coheed and Cambria without paying anything more than the standard price (and even less fees since i bought it at the box office, not online).

The local Ghost concert isn't really selling crazy so I will wait until the day of or closer to buy the ticket either for the standard price or second hand discount when people can't offload them because the concert isn't close to selling out. 

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #963 on: October 04, 2021, 12:55:58 PM »
I've never paid for an Official Platinum ticket.  If there's a lot of those unsold, usually the day of or before the show those tickets get reset back to the "Standard ticket" price and I'll but them then.  That's how I got in the 5th row center for Coheed and Cambria without paying anything more than the standard price (and even less fees since i bought it at the box office, not online).

Bingo... I got front row for DT on the Dramatic Tour in 2011, right in front of JM.  During JR's Keytar solo, I literally could've reached out and touched the keys myself if I'd wanted to - the stage was only elevated like 3-4 feet, and there wasn't any security in the small theater in Mesa.  One of the best shows ever.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #964 on: October 08, 2021, 03:50:18 PM »
A new punk staff member who has missed his second shift running.  Not turning up on a Saturday morning and his phone is off.  He must know I'm trying to call to abuse him.  He's time with me is over.  Fuck off dickhead.

Sorry, carry on.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #965 on: October 12, 2021, 02:53:33 PM »
What didn't piss me off today?  That list is a lot shorter.  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #966 on: October 12, 2021, 04:57:48 PM »
A new punk staff member who has missed his second shift running.  Not turning up on a Saturday morning and his phone is off.  He must know I'm trying to call to abuse him.  He's time with me is over.  Fuck off dickhead.

Sorry, carry on.

I can't be doing with team members who are constantly off work or really late and let everyone down. I am the type of guy who gets embarrassed when i'm legitimately sick and have to call in to say

I can't come in. I've had three sick days this whole year and that's a record for me. Usually it's one or none.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #967 on: October 13, 2021, 08:30:27 AM »
Seems like everything is pissing me off lately.  Must be that time of year....  :) :)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #968 on: October 13, 2021, 08:32:28 AM »
Seems like everything is pissing me off lately.  Must be that time of year....  :) :)

But it's beautiful outside every day now. Maybe you're a psycho?

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #969 on: October 13, 2021, 08:34:31 AM »

No, it's because the culture of society is eroding beneath us.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #970 on: October 13, 2021, 09:40:35 AM »

But it's beautiful outside every day now. Maybe you're a psycho?

Yeah, that must be it!  :) :) :)

I will say this, though:  you are right.  The weather around us has been exquisite over the last couple weeks.  The other night - about 7 pm I'd guess - I went outside, and just stood in my driveway looking out and the moon had just come up and it was BREATHTAKING.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #971 on: February 04, 2022, 11:32:25 AM »
Stories like this piss me off. I 'get' it I suppose. So this creature was eating some livestock through the years. But.....it's in its natural habitat. It's not its fault you're providing it a dinner menu 24/7.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10476983/Mississippi-hunter-catches-largest-alligator-state-trapper-Florida.html 

Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #972 on: February 06, 2022, 07:07:35 PM »
I was responding to something a friend of mine said to me and another kid who was there was like “hey, nobody cares”. And my friends didn’t even defend me.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #973 on: February 06, 2022, 07:15:23 PM »
Stories like this piss me off. I 'get' it I suppose. So this creature was eating some livestock through the years. But.....it's in its natural habitat. It's not its fault you're providing it a dinner menu 24/7.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10476983/Mississippi-hunter-catches-largest-alligator-state-trapper-Florida.html

I saw the story the other day, but I hadn't considered that POV. That's legit.

My issue with it is that...anyone can shoot a gun, right? I would be more impressed if he wrangled it Steve Irwin style. All the guy did was put a gun to its head. What a tough guy.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #974 on: February 06, 2022, 08:56:27 PM »

I saw the story the other day, but I hadn't considered that POV. That's legit.

My issue with it is that...anyone can shoot a gun, right? I would be more impressed if he wrangled it Steve Irwin style. All the guy did was put a gun to its head. What a tough guy.

The act itself aside, I chuckled at the part in the article that said the guy grabbed the alligator out of the bottom of the lake.  Uh, I am pretty sure you don't just grab a 900 lb alligator.  :lol :lol :lol

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #975 on: February 09, 2022, 10:32:27 AM »
Anything related to junk Microsoft applications usually pisses me off on a daily basis.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #976 on: February 09, 2022, 05:47:03 PM »

I agree.  Fuck this piece of shit.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #977 on: March 09, 2022, 09:26:03 AM »
I need to get a new phone because mine will no longer charge. I just can't seem to get the cord to plug in and hit the right connections to charge. Perfectly functional otherwise. This is my third phone in a row that I have to replace for this reason. Each lasted about 2 years, so not horrible, but it's an annoying reason to have to replace a phone that is otherwise in great shape. Apparently I am hard on the port. I'm going to get one with wireless charging this time.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #978 on: March 09, 2022, 09:44:11 AM »
I need to get a new phone because mine will no longer charge. I just can't seem to get the cord to plug in and hit the right connections to charge. Perfectly functional otherwise. This is my third phone in a row that I have to replace for this reason. Each lasted about 2 years, so not horrible, but it's an annoying reason to have to replace a phone that is otherwise in great shape. Apparently I am hard on the port. I'm going to get one with wireless charging this time.

I had this issue.  Apparently it's quite comment with lint getting into the charger port from being in your pocket.  I tried and tried and tried to get it out and just couldn't.  I ended up relying on using a wireless charger for a few months before someone actually stole my phone.  For which, I'm sure they weren't happy when they couldn't charge it  :lol

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #979 on: March 09, 2022, 09:47:27 AM »
That happened to me and I cleaned mine out with a toothpick. Probably not the best thing to do, but it got the job done and my phone charges now.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD