Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 493584 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #5530 on: November 05, 2019, 10:25:50 AM »
This is why I never play online games on opening day lol

It's not even just the online mode though. People can't even launch the game to get to the point where they can select online.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5531 on: November 05, 2019, 10:28:41 AM »
My friend said its working for him but not optimized at all.  It's playing very poorly for his rig essentially. 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #5532 on: November 05, 2019, 10:28:52 AM »

It's not even just the online mode though. People can't even launch the game to get to the point where they can select online.

That's even worse. Jesus...
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5533 on: November 05, 2019, 10:35:24 AM »

That's even worse. Jesus...

From what I've gathered so far, the majority of the issues are coming from conflicts with Windows 10's anti virus software.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #5534 on: November 05, 2019, 11:52:48 AM »
I honestly expected this to be a fairly spotless launch. Surely in a years worth of time a studio can make a decent port these days, given the PS4/Xbox are so close to a PC in terms of architecture.

It is what it is I guess, i'm not suprised. Was the console launch the same? I can't remember.

Performance issues but the game worked well. There was a persistent bug where some characters disappeared permanently from the camp though, locking you out of their dialouges in camp (which is a massive bummer). I redid about an hour of gameplay to fix that. Thankfully, I am the type that keeps as many saves as possible.

The MP launched some time later to lukewarm response. But I think it worked when it launched.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5535 on: November 05, 2019, 12:28:54 PM »
You know I don't wanna be that guy but I got in on my first try.  :biggrin:

I did as some of you mentioned refunded my Epic copy and bought through R* instead. My friend who also bought trough Epic can't launch the game and have been trying for the last couple of hours meanwhile I just got home and booted up the game on my first try, my friend is a bit bitter to say the least.  :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5536 on: November 05, 2019, 12:32:58 PM »
 :lol I wonder how many are fucked because they are using Epic launcher

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #5537 on: November 05, 2019, 02:24:10 PM »
Never had a problem with it on my PS4.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5538 on: November 05, 2019, 03:22:19 PM »
First world problem: I have to decrypt my download, and it's taking longer than I want it to. It's at about 25%. It'd be at least 35% by now if I didn't stop on the way home to vote.

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #5539 on: November 05, 2019, 04:41:18 PM »
First world problem: I have to decrypt my download, and it's taking longer than I want it to. It's at about 25%. It'd be at least 35% by now if I didn't stop on the way home to vote.
Yeah, I'm in the process of decrypting now too. We shall see if I can start the game in a few minutes...
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5540 on: November 05, 2019, 06:08:39 PM »
Well, I was able to get in to RDR 2 and play for a bit just fine. No issues here.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #5541 on: November 05, 2019, 07:01:55 PM »

That's a shame.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #5542 on: November 05, 2019, 10:10:46 PM »
I wish I could've played the first game and then played the second back to back. I haven't played the first game since it came out and I didn't remember any details from the first game or any of the characters except for John Marston.
I hadn't played the first game since it came out, so I couldn't remember very much at all while playing RDR2. After watching some YouTube videos on the topic, it's amazing how they tied everything together and it all makes sense. Like Chino said, maybe we'll get a remaster where it's a seamless transition. Actually, it would be really cool to have RDR2 lead directly into RDR1
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5543 on: November 06, 2019, 05:06:10 AM »
I played rdr2 first and played rdr1 right after finishing rdr2. It is really cool to see how everything was tied together.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5544 on: November 06, 2019, 06:04:21 AM »
I played Chapter 1 in RDR2 last night. Still great after a year.   

I'm a little bummed with my visuals though. It's weird. The game plays well. Most everything as far as graphics go is set to high, with a few ultras thrown in there. I'm averaging around 53ish fps. The game just doesn't look good though. It's like it's trying to look really good, and everything is moving very nicely, but it just seems rather blah. How much of a difference does a good monitor actually make? Mine is no great shakes. I bought it without intending to game on it. This is what I have:

https://www.newegg.com/dell-d3218hn-31-5-full-hd/p/0JC-0004-007N4?&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleKWLess&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleKWLess-_-DSA-_-CategoryPages-_-NA&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIq5GKgNLV5QIVC2yGCh1uUgC-EAAYAyAAEgJkyfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I was thinking about upgrading to this one:
https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16824025836?Description=gaming%20monitor&cm_re=gaming_monitor-_-24-025-836-_-Product

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 08:06:14 AM by Chino »

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5545 on: November 06, 2019, 08:52:29 AM »
I don't think it's your computer. It's the game not being optimized. My friend can't crack 60fps and his rig is all top of the line stuff.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5546 on: November 06, 2019, 08:58:46 AM »
I don't think it's your computer. It's the game not being optimized. My friend can't crack 60fps and his rig is all top of the line stuff.

I saw this comment on Reddit, maybe it'll help your friend.

"I've had terrible fps since launch and i've finally found the issue... MSAA. Turn it off and use TAA.
"

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5547 on: November 06, 2019, 06:51:18 PM »

I saw this comment on Reddit, maybe it'll help your friend.

"I've had terrible fps since launch and i've finally found the issue... MSAA. Turn it off and use TAA.
"
Also another thing that hits FPS hard is Water Physics Simulation.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5548 on: November 06, 2019, 06:59:15 PM »
Also I'm pretty sure I asked this earlier in the thread, but do we have a Discord server that we want to use for grouping up in Red Dead Online? If not I can make one.

Someone will also need to make our Posse in game. Again I can do this too if you would like.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5549 on: November 06, 2019, 09:18:04 PM »
Also I'm pretty sure I asked this earlier in the thread, but do we have a Discord server that we want to use for grouping up in Red Dead Online? If not I can make one.

Someone will also need to make our Posse in game. Again I can do this too if you would like.

I'm in for a discord if you want to set that up. I wouldn't mind running a posse when the time comes. Can we be called Barstool Warriors?   

Sidebar: There was a 2.6GBish update today. I managed to get my texture settings to ultra and the game is looking pretty decent. I still attribute some of the shittiness to my monitor though. Anyway, I've been messing around with photo mode and it's the tits.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5550 on: November 06, 2019, 09:39:30 PM »

I'm in for a discord if you want to set that up. I wouldn't mind running a posse when the time comes. Can we be called Barstool Warriors?   

Sidebar: There was a 2.6GBish update today. I managed to get my texture settings to ultra and the game is looking pretty decent. I still attribute some of the shittiness to my monitor though. Anyway, I've been messing around with photo mode and it's the tits.

That's a nice shot. I'm working on a Discord Server now. It can be an unofficial official DTF gaming discord server!  :)

I'll send out invites to the server you will just have to PM me your discord usernames I believe.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #5551 on: November 07, 2019, 01:41:20 AM »

In my opinion, a screen can have massive impact on a games graphics. I will never forget the time I got my Dad's tv back in the PS3 days. I gamed on a 300 dollar full HD lcd Samsung tv and my dad's was also a full HD lcd, but one from Sony cost like a thousand bucks, bought at the same time. The difference was really big. And that screen (still kicking in my bedroom) looks better than the cheaper 4k tv's I see around me running PS4. It is not just all about resolution/screen refreshment rates. The quality of coloring is hugely important in my view.

Good HDR can also be a bliss, but there are unfortunately a lot of variations between games. RDR2's HDR used to be garbage (not sure how it is now).

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5552 on: November 07, 2019, 10:52:44 AM »
That's a nice shot. I'm working on a Discord Server now. It can be an unofficial official DTF gaming discord server!  :)

I'll send out invites to the server you will just have to PM me your discord usernames I believe.

There actually is DTF discord server, although not for gaming.  I'm seemingly not able to log into their website to get links but I game with friends (and Chino on occasion) in a server already if you wanted to use that as well.  I'll be on Saturday afternoon (after the PSU game at noon, or maybe before in the morning if I get the update all set up). 

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5553 on: November 07, 2019, 11:19:17 AM »
I'm out of work at 5:30 on Saturday and intend to be on in the evening.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5554 on: November 07, 2019, 11:29:38 AM »
I'm pretty tired and other than wanting to watch that colllege football game saturday, I have a clean slate for the weekend and honestly don't want to leave my house.  Also realizing I have no friday night makes me want to do that even more.  Ive got some edibles back home and I just want to veg and play this game.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5555 on: November 07, 2019, 11:54:13 AM »
Just an FYI for first time players... you can't play online until you reach a certain point in the campaign.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5556 on: November 07, 2019, 11:59:45 AM »
Just an FYI for first time players... you can't play online until you reach a certain point in the campaign.

Not a huge deal as I do want to play through the campaign and I've got to learn the ropes, but how long does it take to get there roughly?  Just so I know what to expect

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5557 on: November 07, 2019, 12:27:50 PM »

Not a huge deal as I do want to play through the campaign and I've got to learn the ropes, but how long does it take to get there roughly?  Just so I know what to expect

I just Googled it. I think I might be completely misremembering from when I played it like a year ago. I looks like there's a short mission/story you have to complete online before it lets you just roam the world.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5558 on: November 07, 2019, 03:32:09 PM »
I did a little side mission trying to save a runaway horse and as I was about to calm it down I accidently hit the horse instead and scared it away....mission failed!  :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5559 on: November 07, 2019, 04:13:42 PM »

There actually is DTF discord server, although not for gaming.  I'm seemingly not able to log into their website to get links but I game with friends (and Chino on occasion) in a server already if you wanted to use that as well.  I'll be on Saturday afternoon (after the PSU game at noon, or maybe before in the morning if I get the update all set up).
I actually made up a Discord server last night called The Barstool Warriors specifically for DTF Gaming, if we want to use that. I can send out invites to whoever wants to use it.

And I'm home now, if anyone wants to jump in some Red Dead Online.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5560 on: November 07, 2019, 04:39:10 PM »
yea ill join this weekend, you are in the US?  I think thats my only concern is lag if any of the DTFers are overseas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5561 on: November 07, 2019, 04:41:06 PM »
yea ill join this weekend, you are in the US?  I think thats my only concern is lag if any of the DTFers are overseas
Yeah, I'm in the US
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5562 on: November 08, 2019, 06:06:08 AM »

I actually made up a Discord server last night called The Barstool Warriors specifically for DTF Gaming, if we want to use that. I can send out invites to whoever wants to use it.

Damn. I was online all last night . I didn't see this post. I ended up hooking up with a few guys in a posse last night and we had a really good time playing. The game seems to run much better online than in the campaign. There must be less stuff going on or something.   

I should be on tonight too.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5563 on: November 08, 2019, 08:18:30 AM »

Damn. I was online all last night . I didn't see this post. I ended up hooking up with a few guys in a posse last night and we had a really good time playing. The game seems to run much better online than in the campaign. There must be less stuff going on or something.   

I should be on tonight too.
I should be around for a bit tonight. I'll PM you an invite to the discord server I made.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5564 on: November 08, 2019, 09:00:10 AM »
Looks like shit came up tomorrow, I might not be on much at all now until Sunday.