Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 484305 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #5425 on: October 25, 2019, 01:40:01 AM »
What on earth did Bethesda smoke to think that a subscription service was a good idea to introduce right now?
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #5426 on: October 25, 2019, 02:39:06 AM »
I love how much fuckups Fallout 76 has brought us.

I am glad Obsidian made a Fallout-esque title in absence of Bethesda making anything worth your money or time.

Since Obsidian is now a Microsoft studio, I assume they will get more chances at making AAA titles. If microsoft handles it properly, a Fallout-like ip can do really well I think. Because I have my sincerest doubts Fallout will bring us any form of quality in the years to come. And there are many fans longing for something similar.

On a sidenote, I do admit that I am a bit annoyed that three of my favourite studios are now xbox, perhaps I really should save money for a new pc. I hope Microsoft will handle them well on the long term, and not like Lionhead and Rare.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5427 on: October 25, 2019, 06:09:42 AM »
Read Dead for PC is almost here. We need to come up with a cool posse name!

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5428 on: October 25, 2019, 07:20:58 AM »
I can't wait. Chino, did you get your copy from the rockstar store?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5429 on: October 25, 2019, 07:37:02 AM »
I can't wait. Chino, did you get your copy from the rockstar store?

I did. I've been playing LA Noire and Max Payne 3 in the meantime.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5430 on: October 25, 2019, 07:38:34 AM »
Barstool Warriors?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5431 on: October 25, 2019, 07:51:17 AM »
I've got to get my pre purchase, probably do that this weekend when I get home. 

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #5432 on: October 25, 2019, 07:54:17 AM »
I am glad Obsidian made a Fallout-esque title in absence of Bethesda making anything worth your money or time.

Me too but I'm going to wait for a sale. The shooting mechanics don't look much better than they were in the other Fallout games.

What sucks for Herrick is I'll have to wait even longer than usual for a good Steam Sale.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5433 on: October 25, 2019, 07:55:53 AM »
Herrick, sign up for gamepass for PC, it's $1 for the first month and $5 every month afterwards if you want to try it out. It's going to be a while before it even hits stream, I think it's an Epic 1 year exclusive.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #5434 on: October 25, 2019, 07:58:24 AM »
Herrick, sign up for gamepass for PC, it's $1 for the first month and $5 every month afterwards if you want to try it out. It's going to be a while before it even hits stream, I think it's an Epic 1 year exclusive.

Ok I'll check it out.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #5435 on: October 25, 2019, 04:39:47 PM »
I can't wait! Count me in! I've already pre-ordered and impatiently waiting! :biggrin:
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5436 on: October 26, 2019, 02:25:50 PM »
I have a problem, i'm pretty tempted at the new COD mostly for the SP campaign BUT then they dumped The Outer Worlds which seems to get alot of praise right now.

Both at the same price, i'm torn....
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5437 on: October 26, 2019, 03:12:46 PM »
Go with Outer Worlds. That's what I'm getting next.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5438 on: October 26, 2019, 03:28:01 PM »
I can't wait! Count me in! I've already pre-ordered and impatiently waiting! :biggrin:

Nice, we'll all have to play together when the time comes

I have a problem, i'm pretty tempted at the new COD mostly for the SP campaign BUT then they dumped The Outer Worlds which seems to get alot of praise right now.

Both at the same price, i'm torn....

My friend has been pumping up COD for months now and has been hyping it non stop all week.  I watched some of his stream while I was away and well, doesn't make me want to buy it, at least not at full price.  I think I'm just holding out on RDR2 as my next game purchase.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5439 on: October 26, 2019, 04:31:43 PM »
Yea I think I either get TOW or wait for RDR. I think I will hold on with COD and see what the reactions are after a couple of weeks.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5440 on: October 28, 2019, 06:59:20 AM »
Thanks to all of you who have been supporting #DEATHSTRANDING!
DEATH STRANDING release on PS4 is November 8, 2019!!
Furthermore, KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS is happy to announce that DEATH STRANDING will be coming to PC in early summer of 2020!!

:tup :tup

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5441 on: October 28, 2019, 09:09:42 AM »
Oh damn, I may just hold off until the pc release. My time is completely taken up by outer worlds and I'll be replaying rdr2 soon too. I

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5442 on: October 28, 2019, 09:13:26 AM »
How is Outer Worlds?  I get the feeling like its a newer/better fallout?

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5443 on: October 28, 2019, 09:48:18 AM »
It really is excellent, its given me the feeling I havent felt in a while which is "I cant wait to get home and play this"

It is from the fallout new vegas team so it feels very much like fallout except it's much, much better. There is no Bethesda jank, it runs beautiful, it looks beautiful. The dialog is rich and well acted.

That said it feels a lot like fallout so if you're a fan of fallout you'll like this game, it's sort of a mix fallout and a little bit of bioshock infinite.

Also I've stated it a bunch but you can try it out for $5 on pc gamepass.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5444 on: October 28, 2019, 09:53:42 AM »
Oh a mix with Bioshock??? Even better.  Now I'm tempted.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5445 on: October 28, 2019, 10:12:18 AM »
From what I've seen so far, it looks like Outer worlds has really captured the Fallout vibe pretty well. Gonna have to pick that up at some point.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #5446 on: October 28, 2019, 10:41:46 AM »
It really is excellent, its given me the feeling I havent felt in a while which is "I cant wait to get home and play this"

It is from the fallout new vegas team so it feels very much like fallout except it's much, much better. There is no Bethesda jank, it runs beautiful, it looks beautiful. The dialog is rich and well acted.

That said it feels a lot like fallout so if you're a fan of fallout you'll like this game, it's sort of a mix fallout and a little bit of bioshock infinite.

Also I've stated it a bunch but you can try it out for $5 on pc gamepass.

Fallout New Vegas is one of my favourite games of all time so this one is eventually a no brainer. But since I am busy with Fire Emblem, the classics PS1 Final Fantasies, and Baldur's Gate on the Switch, I won't buy another RPG for many months to come (and as I need to travel a lot the coming months, I thankfully will have plenty of time for those Switch games).

That said, apparenly Outer Worlds will also release on the Switch. If it works as well as the Witcher, I will probably go for that version.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #5447 on: October 28, 2019, 11:18:24 AM »
Playing Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age. Haven't played this in a long time. My disc scratched and I lost my memory card.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline earlilano

« Reply #5448 on: October 29, 2019, 07:14:15 PM »
For people interested in Outer Worlds, you can subscribe for the xbox pc game pass for $ 1.00 for the first month then just unsubscribe. Outer Worlds is included. If you have an alienware gaming account you could possibly get a 2nd month free if your eligible for a key.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5449 on: October 30, 2019, 08:07:09 AM »
For people interested in Outer Worlds, you can subscribe for the xbox pc game pass for $ 1.00 for the first month then just unsubscribe. Outer Worlds is included. If you have an alienware gaming account you could possibly get a 2nd month free if your eligible for a key.

If its like Fallout, I'm going to want to play for more than a month.  But seriously, game sounds cool based on just reading that it's like a newer better fallout.  I'm not really gaming much this week, then travel next week and when I get back RDR2 will be out and will consume me I think.  Once that's over, I'm hoping Outer Worlds will be cheaper and I can just scoop it up and play at my leisure.  Or maybe just try the game pass then.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5450 on: October 30, 2019, 08:29:38 AM »
It may have been said already, but Outer worlds was made by the same people that made Fallout New Vegas, so anyone that digs that game would probably like outer worlds.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #5451 on: October 30, 2019, 08:50:24 AM »
It may have been said already, but Outer worlds was made by the same people that made Fallout New Vegas, so anyone that digs that game would probably like outer worlds.
And the same creators of the original Fallout. I'm really looking forward to playing this game, looks so rad :metal

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #5452 on: October 30, 2019, 09:03:26 AM »
Does anybody here play Fallout 76? Better yet does anybody even have any faith in Bethesda at this point? The last year has been a hilarious shitshow of epic proportions and it seems like Obsidian is moving right in to fill the void Bethesda made by screwing up the Fallout series so badly and torpedoing all good will with their fanbase.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5453 on: October 30, 2019, 09:17:20 AM »
Pre-install for RDR2 is live!

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #5454 on: October 30, 2019, 09:26:59 AM »

Not exactly sure what that means.  Can you elaborate please?  Thank you.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5455 on: October 30, 2019, 09:31:18 AM »

You can download the game early and it will unlock as soon as the game launches. If you have a slow internet connection, it means you can download it in the days leading up to release, instead of waiting for release day and then waiting even longer for it to download.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5456 on: October 30, 2019, 09:33:02 AM »
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5457 on: October 30, 2019, 09:39:44 AM »
 :lol I should just prepurchase tonight and let the download go so I'll be ready as soon as I get home from LA next friday night  :hat

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #5458 on: October 30, 2019, 10:32:34 AM »

You can download the game early and it will unlock as soon as the game launches. If you have a slow internet connection, it means you can download it in the days leading up to release, instead of waiting for release day and then waiting even longer for it to download.

Oh, I guess you meant to say RDR2 for PC.  I bought and finished it months ago on PS4.  PC gamers are just now getting it?  Geez!!  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5459 on: October 30, 2019, 10:34:08 AM »
Yea sucks it took so long, but it may be worth the wait.  The PC version has improved graphics and I can only imagine the online play will be significantly better.  I mean, GTAV on PC is still one of the most viewed live streamed games.  RDR2 is going to be big on PC.