Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 484286 times)

Offline ErHaO

Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #5355 on: September 25, 2019, 07:49:58 AM »

Furthemore, I traded in my Switch for the new one, the battery life it a bliss.

I am loving the better life as well  :metal

I would recommend Zelda breath of the wild if you haven't gotten a chance to play it yet.

I did for a couple of hours, but then Fire Emblem happened. My first impression of Breath of the Wild was definitely good (as expected), but I wanted something more focused/plot driven at that time. But I am looking forward to fully diving into that one!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5356 on: September 25, 2019, 12:09:41 PM »
Picked up Super Mario maker 2 and its quite mental. The stuff that people come up is pretty incredible.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5357 on: September 25, 2019, 12:23:11 PM »
Picked up Super Mario maker 2 and its quite mental. The stuff that people come up is pretty incredible.

Have you ever played Little Big Planet? Some of the levels people create for that are beyond anything the devs could have dreamed of.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5358 on: September 25, 2019, 12:39:09 PM »
Yeah, Little big planet was fantastic back in the day. This totally reminds me of it.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #5359 on: September 25, 2019, 01:38:23 PM »
In that regard, I wonder how Dreams will work out. I have seen some insane levels made by people with the Beta, but wonder if the premise of "make a game of any genre, 2d or 3d or even vr" is too involved for people.

I mean, look at this for example: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w0r2xV-N1IA

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5360 on: October 01, 2019, 04:42:33 AM »
The new MSF looks absolutely amazing and the tech behind it is equally amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkMoZkGhIog
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5361 on: October 01, 2019, 05:07:59 AM »
Yea I've been obsessed since the E3 demo. I'll actually say this game is what I'm most excited about at the moment.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5362 on: October 01, 2019, 06:12:28 AM »
I want that game so bad, but I don't think my PC could handle it, even with all graphic stuff set to the medium-ish range.   

I haven't really stress tested it. It can handle Planet Coaster, Mordhau, and Saints Row IV on max settings no problem, but those aren't exactly graphic intensive.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5363 on: October 01, 2019, 06:12:55 AM »
The new MSF looks absolutely amazing and the tech behind it is equally amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkMoZkGhIog

Yea I've been obsessed since the E3 demo. I'll actually say this game is what I'm most excited about at the moment.

Best thing I've seen from the gaming world in a long time. Hopefully, they'll do another combat flight simulator after the release of this one.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5364 on: October 01, 2019, 06:13:45 AM »
My 7 year old Macbook Air certainly aint gonna run it  :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5365 on: October 01, 2019, 10:58:44 AM »
It seems the tech is alot about streaming so I guess a good internet connection is equally important or even more than top of the line hardware.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5366 on: October 02, 2019, 07:13:12 PM »
I want that game so bad, but I don't think my PC could handle it, even with all graphic stuff set to the medium-ish range.   

I haven't really stress tested it. It can handle Planet Coaster, Mordhau, and Saints Row IV on max settings no problem, but those aren't exactly graphic intensive.

I wouldn't be surprised if it could run it, and run it well. I've been watching a bunch of reviews of the demos that people saw in person. It seems they world is largely streamed in so the load is not on your machine. Think of it as what Google is doing with Stadia. If this is the case the latency you would experience would be hardly noticeable because Flight Sim isn't a game that relies on super fast reflexes like an FPS.

I did the beta for Stadia with Assassins Creed odyssey on my work laptop which is 5 years old and is largely a piece of garbage and the game run beautifully with close to max settings with minimum latency.

Also, Flight sim is coming to gamepass so if you don't have game pc for PC or Xbox you can do the demo for a month for $1, regular price is $5. You can try it and worst case you lost $5.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5367 on: October 03, 2019, 05:56:45 AM »
Is that $5 per month?

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #5368 on: October 03, 2019, 07:18:57 AM »
It is not my jam, but the new flight simulator does look really authentic. I had two housemates who studied for flight engineers and they both had these bigass, multipart flight simulator-specific controllers. I bet they are losing their minds right now looking at the new one.

Also, Sony seems to become more competitive with streaming as well. PSnow is 60 dollars a year (or 10 per month) now and has more recent titles. This means you can soon play God of War, Uncharted 4 etc. on PC, for the non-console folks. Furthermore, those with a PS4 can download PS4 games to their PS4 and play without always online.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5369 on: October 03, 2019, 04:27:52 PM »
can you explain how you can play God of War on PC?

Also, Flight Simulator is not for me either but it looks amazing and I'm sure if you are into it, you are drooling.  My brother enjoys that stuff, it looks cool, but it's so realistic that it's not the type of "fun" I look for in a game, but if you want to learn to fly its probably awesome.

I forgot the youtube channel, but there was a guy who would troll the airtraffic controllers in flight simulator and it was gold.  I think it was on one of those servers where everyone is super serious and realistic.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5370 on: October 03, 2019, 05:43:34 PM »
Is that $5 per month?

Yup $5 a month, search for xbox in the start menu and you can sign up right there. I go sailing on sea of thieves every once in a while with gamepass.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #5371 on: October 04, 2019, 01:54:34 AM »
can you explain how you can play God of War on PC?

Also, Flight Simulator is not for me either but it looks amazing and I'm sure if you are into it, you are drooling.  My brother enjoys that stuff, it looks cool, but it's so realistic that it's not the type of "fun" I look for in a game, but if you want to learn to fly its probably awesome.

I forgot the youtube channel, but there was a guy who would troll the airtraffic controllers in flight simulator and it was gold.  I think it was on one of those servers where everyone is super serious and realistic.

PSnow is a streaming service. If you have good internet, you can play the entire library on PC. If you own a PS4, you xan download the PS4 games to your console. PSnow is kind of a hybrid between Stadia and Gamepass and it seems Sony is going to be more competitive going forward.

https://www.thegamer.com/play-god-of-war-pc/

Keep in mind that for now God of War is on there only until January. So if you want to play it (and perhaps Uncharted 4), now seems to be the time. It seems Sony wants to rotate streaming their major exclusives.

You will need a compatible controller though. I have seen people using xbox controllers, but am not sure if this is without additional software/tinkering.

Anyways, there is a free 7 day trail, so you can check it out.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 02:06:07 AM by ErHaO »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5372 on: October 04, 2019, 07:51:52 AM »
But you need to have a ps4 then? I wasnt sure if that was required (I dont have one) but if there were a now to buy psnow without owning the console and game on the pc, that could be cool for me so I could play those PS exclusives.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #5373 on: October 04, 2019, 09:19:26 AM »
But you need to have a ps4 then? I wasnt sure if that was required (I dont have one) but if there were a now to buy psnow without owning the console and game on the pc, that could be cool for me so I could play those PS exclusives.

No, you don't need a PS4. PSnow is intended as a seperate platform that streams PS2-PS4 games and has existed for several years (Sony bought Gaikai all those years ago).

Officially offcourse it only supports dualshock 4 controllers, but that is because some games use Dualshock 4 specific features, but to my recollection GoW and UC4 don't really have that. But you can do a 7 day trail to see if it works for you. 

Also, Bloodborne is on there for Souls fans, I think it is one of the best games ever made.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5374 on: October 04, 2019, 09:26:07 AM »
Oh, maybe I''ll check it out sometime

In other news...

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/10/04/red-dead-redemption-2-officially-announced-for-pc

YES YES YES FINALLY!  November 5th  :metal

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5375 on: October 04, 2019, 10:51:45 AM »
FIN-A-LLY!!  :tup :tup Hoenstly, I was about to give up, even though I know R* very well after all these years.

A bit meh of R* but i'm not suprised:
Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC will also be available to purchase on Steam this December.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5376 on: October 04, 2019, 11:25:11 AM »
Yea, thats so annoying.  Also, I kind of forgot about RDR2 so the news was a very nice surprise

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5377 on: October 04, 2019, 11:54:38 AM »
Yea, thats so annoying.  Also, I kind of forgot about RDR2 so the news was a very nice surprise
Yea it's all about milking that money. Yea me too in a way, a nice surprise.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #5378 on: October 04, 2019, 12:02:37 PM »
Red Dead 2 maxed out will be a sight to behold I am sure. That game has such ridiculous production values and so many jaw dropping setpieces and little details.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #5379 on: October 04, 2019, 04:35:10 PM »
It would be so nice to play RDR2 with the glorious gyro-aiming on the Steam Controller. And I pray to the gods someone makes a mod giving Arthur the camp walking speed outside of fucking camp.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #5380 on: October 04, 2019, 04:39:37 PM »
... well, looks like I need to figure out plans for another gaming rig. New this would be announced eventually but honestly didn't expect it for another year or so given the company's history
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5381 on: October 04, 2019, 05:53:41 PM »
Also my understanding was RDR online was garbage, I'm expecting it to be much better on PC, similar to how GTA5 online was great on PC compared to the initial rollout on console.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5382 on: October 04, 2019, 08:30:50 PM »
PRetty pumped to play RDR2 on PC. Time to put this i9 2080 to the test.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5383 on: October 07, 2019, 06:32:25 AM »
... well, looks like I need to figure out plans for another gaming rig. New this would be announced eventually but honestly didn't expect it for another year or so given the company's history

I didn't expect it until the remaster on the next gen.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5384 on: October 07, 2019, 06:33:09 AM »
I didn't think I'd care about gaming a whole lot when I bought my PC, but now I'm kind of pissed I didn't drop another $500 or $600 to make something really beef cake.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5385 on: October 07, 2019, 12:41:17 PM »
I love Frostpunk, been playing quite a bit this weekend. It's funny because I struggled quite a bit in the beginning but once you get a good grasp on the mechanics it becomes alot easier although stilla good challenge especially at harder settings.
I did a casual session in Endless mode with everything turned to easy and at the moment i'm at +150k in coal, 15k in wood and 5k in steel and everything researched so it's a bit of a smooth ride atm, whatever nasty storm the game tries to throw at me, I can handle it with ease.  :lol

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #5386 on: October 07, 2019, 02:30:41 PM »
I'm still sitting pretty with my 1080 and i7-7700k OC'd a few MHz.

I'm hoping it's not too hardware stressful of a game, it'd be a good one to max out. In the next year or so I'm sure I'll see my poor lil guy not being able to max out games (I'm still on a 1920x1080 and sometimes playing at 1440, both at 144 fps limit).

Then again I'm still getting halfway through (if that) games that are two, three years old soo...  :laugh:

All my friends are all "Wow, Borderlands 3 was a great game!" and I'm like "Uhhh I'm really excited to reach level 20 soon!" :lol

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5387 on: October 07, 2019, 05:53:37 PM »
I love Frostpunk, been playing quite a bit this weekend. It's funny because I struggled quite a bit in the beginning but once you get a good grasp on the mechanics it becomes alot easier although stilla good challenge especially at harder settings.
I did a casual session in Endless mode with everything turned to easy and at the moment i'm at +150k in coal, 15k in wood and 5k in steel and everything researched so it's a bit of a smooth ride atm, whatever nasty storm the game tries to throw at me, I can handle it with ease.  :lol

Frostpunk is one of the best games I've played in the past few years. I play a few rounds every few months.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5388 on: October 07, 2019, 09:38:41 PM »
I didn't think I'd care about gaming a whole lot when I bought my PC, but now I'm kind of pissed I didn't drop another $500 or $600 to make something really beef cake.

I dont see why you still couldnt although maybe it's best to just wait until next cycle since you it's still new. You're enjoying what you got now so theres nothing wrong with that and leaving plenty of wiggle room to improve your rig in the future.

I'm starting to fall behind with my 1080 and i7 6700 but that's falling behind the latest and greatest, I can still play and record my gameplay with green screen just fine.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5389 on: October 08, 2019, 01:12:04 AM »

Frostpunk is one of the best games I've played in the past few years. I play a few rounds every few months.
Yea it's great, actually not typically the kind of game I play but I really enjoy this one. I got the DLC recently also.

I dont see why you still couldnt although maybe it's best to just wait until next cycle since you it's still new. You're enjoying what you got now so theres nothing wrong with that and leaving plenty of wiggle room to improve your rig in the future.

I'm starting to fall behind with my 1080 and i7 6700 but that's falling behind the latest and greatest, I can still play and record my gameplay with green screen just fine.
I also have a 1080 and it's still going strong. We'll see how it handles next years games and if I might upgrade then.