Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 483264 times)

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #7210 on: September 29, 2020, 03:41:33 PM »
I can't stop playing No Man's Sky. I'm loving everything about it right now.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #7211 on: September 29, 2020, 03:53:25 PM »

I know what you mean.  I'm playing NMS also and it is a bit overwhelming.  Still trying to figure out how everything works with upgrades and crafting.  Lack of inventory slots is a pain but progressing through the story helps when you get the freighter.  Still need to find exo-suit and starship upgrades for inventory slots.  There's so much to do in this game I can barely keep track of time when I'm playing.

Playing No Mans Sky, a bit overwhelmed getting used to everything and also getting to know new elements. I have already seen a good amount of new stuff though. And the nexus is nice, but does bring a PS4pro to it's knees (the pro normally runs the game around 60fps).

Have they altered heights? I crashed into something that I'd describe as a mountain during a storm, which was a surprise because I never encounter something so big.

Not sure if I've come across the Nexus yet.  Is it before or after you get the freighter?
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #7212 on: September 29, 2020, 05:12:50 PM »
You can add a new storage slot for your suit at every new space station you reach. I've added 8 or 9 at this point. It helps a lot.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #7213 on: September 29, 2020, 05:37:10 PM »
One of these days I'm going to find some time to join up with you in NMS. Life is quite busy at the moment though. :-\
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #7214 on: September 30, 2020, 04:51:01 AM »
Yeah, I am loving the game. Decided to just chill and explore and do things step by step rather than trying to juggle all old and new elements.

One thing that makes it kind of hard to figure out some stuff is that because they changed and added so much, a lot of internet advice found through google doesn't apply anymore.

I know what you mean.  I'm playing NMS also and it is a bit overwhelming.  Still trying to figure out how everything works with upgrades and crafting.  Lack of inventory slots is a pain but progressing through the story helps when you get the freighter.  Still need to find exo-suit and starship upgrades for inventory slots.  There's so much to do in this game I can barely keep track of time when I'm playing.

Playing No Mans Sky, a bit overwhelmed getting used to everything and also getting to know new elements. I have already seen a good amount of new stuff though. And the nexus is nice, but does bring a PS4pro to it's knees (the pro normally runs the game around 60fps).

Have they altered heights? I crashed into something that I'd describe as a mountain during a storm, which was a surprise because I never encounter something so big.

Not sure if I've come across the Nexus yet.  Is it before or after you get the freighter?

It used to be the small Anomally with just Nada and Polo, which would pop up every galaxy. Now I summoned it (anomally) from the summon menu and it was this big ass Nexus inside, I didn't get that memo so that was a surprise.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #7215 on: September 30, 2020, 09:58:37 AM »
Ok, yeah I've been to the initial Nexus but I have never tried to summon yet.  However, I did find the black hole and travelled through it.  I suppose summoning brings certain things to your current location?  This game is tripping me out!  :eek
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #7216 on: October 01, 2020, 09:57:47 PM »
I rarely ever post but, yes, the Fables comics are totally worth reading.
I'll make sure to get to them! I just finished the game, damn that was amazing :hefdaddy

Offline bahamutofskycon

« Reply #7217 on: October 01, 2020, 10:41:22 PM »
I rarely ever post but, yes, the Fables comics are totally worth reading.
I'll make sure to get to them! I just finished the game, damn that was amazing :hefdaddy

The comics have the same gritty feel as the game, but they don’t have the noir genre influence. The first story arc is pretty great with establishing the fairy tale characters in the modern world, but the second story arc (Animal Farm) is where it really kicks off. That second arc is where the series regular artist, Mark Buckingham, starts. His art is clean, elegant and gorgeous, especially later when he frames the pages with artistic borders. The writer, Bill Willingham, does a great job gradually unveiling more depth to characters that start out seeming like secondary characters. It’s 150 issues, but it pulls off a very satisfying final arc and has a massive final issue that brings in tons of guest artists. Highly recommend.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7218 on: October 01, 2020, 10:45:56 PM »
Regarding the Bethesda buyout - I hate it. I'm a Sony fanboy and never was interested in the Xboxes and now I'm gonna miss out on several of their games because of this. I just hope at least the next Elder Scrolls makes it to PS5.

Only thing I'd be pissed about is if they make a new Evil Within.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #7219 on: October 02, 2020, 01:27:06 AM »
Never seen this: https://youtu.be/zeMuJbn_OhA

:lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7220 on: October 03, 2020, 01:53:20 PM »
I just noticed this thread is 207 pages long. So there's a new one.

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=55774
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman