Author Topic: The Survivor Thread  (Read 189452 times)

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Re: The Survivor Thread
« Reply #1190 on: May 06, 2015, 07:10:56 PM »
I really didn't see that coming. Thought for certain Dan was going home.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1191 on: May 06, 2015, 10:42:13 PM »
They probably figured Tyler was more of a legitimate continual threat, while Dan's only a threat because he bought a vote, and he seems less likely to make a big move.
And god, Rodney is such a self entitled child. Throwing a tantrum and getting pissy because he wasn't handed the reward BECAUSE IT WAS HIS BIRTHDAY. Grow the fuck up, idiot.

I love the idea of fans voting on who returns for a second chance season, but as there are multiple people from this season on the list, isn't that a spoiler for who isn't winning?
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1192 on: May 07, 2015, 07:09:12 AM »
Here's an idea Rodney - you haven't received a reward because you haven't WON one.  You aren't entitled to jack shit, moron.

So now, it will get really interesting.  Now is when Dan can use his advantage to considerable power, since Rodney's alliance appears to now be lower in numbers (given that Carolyn and Sierra voted for Tyler).  Now of course that could all change by next week.  It's one of the things that makes Survivor such a dynamic and interesting show.  You can always speculate what could happen or what should happen, but shit changes from minute to minute.

I checked out the contestants to vote for.  I couldn't remember at least half of them.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 07:36:05 AM by Sir GuitarCozmo »

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1193 on: May 07, 2015, 07:32:06 AM »
I checked out the contestants to vote for.  I couldn't remember at least half of them.

Neither could I, although I went many years without watching the show.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1194 on: May 07, 2015, 07:33:01 AM »
I started watching in 2006, so some of these people I most definitely saw and still have no clue who they are.  :lol

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1195 on: May 07, 2015, 07:35:07 AM »
So, my DVR didn't record again....I'm gathering Tyler was sent home?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1196 on: May 07, 2015, 07:40:44 AM »
Rodney's team didn't win reward challenge.  It was his birthday and he got all pissy that nobody would give their reward to him, when he hasn't had one yet.  He talked about it the whole episode.

Rodney wanted to "blindside" Mike by insisting he was done and wanted to be voted out, etc.  Thinking it would make Mike feel safe and not play his idol.  Mike saw through this immediately and told Rodney he wasn't writing his name down.  Mike ALMOST won the immunity challenge, but in the end, Carolyn won.  The idea was for 4 of the alliance to vote Mike out, to get rid of his II, two to vote Dan, who would leave, thereby getting rid of his two vote advantage without it being used against them.  Somehow, Mike managed to convince Carolyn and Sierra that this was the perfect time to get rid of Tyler.

With that, if you do wanna watch it, you can see it here:

https://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1197 on: May 07, 2015, 07:42:39 AM »
Rodney's team didn't win reward challenge.  It was his birthday and he got all pissy that nobody would give their reward to him, when he hasn't had one yet.  He talked about it the whole episode.

Rodney wanted to "blindside" Mike by insisting he was done and wanted to be voted out, etc.  Thinking it would make Mike feel safe and not play his idol.  Mike saw through this immediately and told Rodney he wasn't writing his name down.  Mike ALMOST won the immunity challenge, but in the end, Carolyn won.  The idea was for 4 of the alliance to vote Mike out, to get rid of his II, two to vote Dan, who would leave, thereby getting rid of his two vote advantage without it being used against them.  Somehow, Mike managed to convince Carolyn and Sierra that this was the perfect time to get rid of Tyler.

With that, if you do wanna watch it, you can see it here:

https://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/

Ahh...bummer in the aspect of my office pool player is out now. In my mind that puts Momma C in the drivers seat to win the game.....her or Mike??

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1198 on: May 07, 2015, 07:44:31 AM »
I don't foresee any way Mike gets to the end unless he wins immunity or finds more idols.  I feel like this week was a fluke.  Everybody is still threatened by him.  As I said earlier, he really irritated me in the beginning, but for some reason, he's the only person I want to see win, now.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1199 on: May 07, 2015, 07:49:53 AM »
I don't foresee any way Mike gets to the end unless he wins immunity or finds more idols.  I feel like this week was a fluke.  Everybody is still threatened by him.  As I said earlier, he really irritated me in the beginning, but for some reason, he's the only person I want to see win, now.

It's the 'underdog' effect.  :lol  For me, when I see one person being ganged up on by everyone I start to root for them....plus, he kind of 'puts up' when the challenges come around and really gives max effort to win.

I really don't have a clear cut person I'm rooting for now.....

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1200 on: May 07, 2015, 07:55:11 AM »
I'm sure that has a lot to do with it, but I suspect an equal amount of it has more to do with how much MORE I dislike Rodney and Dan.  :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1201 on: May 07, 2015, 07:57:15 AM »

With the central alliance starting to weaken, it's not impossible for Mike to survive a little longer. As you said earlier, the game can change so quickly, and it doesn't take much for someone else to become the immediate target (like Dan with the extra vote).
Mike is good in challenges, so it's not impossible that he could win more, I think this week's challenge just favoured the smaller competitors given that they've probably lost some muscle and had to support their own weight. No surprise the big guys went first.

Mike really is the only person left I'm remotely interested in seeing win it now. Once he's gone, I'm mostly indifferent to the rest of the season.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1202 on: May 07, 2015, 07:58:58 AM »
I dislike Rodney and Dan.

Both are annoying....certainly. I'm always weary of the way these shows are edited and how they choose to portray these guys on TV....but man, I don't know if it'd matter with those two....they are just something.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1203 on: May 07, 2015, 08:00:47 AM »
Dan doesn't seem to realize that the sooner he uses his advantage, the sooner he stops being a target.

Both are annoying....certainly. I'm always weary of the way these shows are edited and how they choose to portray these guys on TV....but man, I don't know if it'd matter with those two....they are just something.

Sure, I have no doubt that editing does a number on these people.  Look at how they portrayed Shirin as bat-shit crazy at the beginning, then it changed and we didn't seem to be as easily irritated by her.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1204 on: May 07, 2015, 08:26:49 AM »
Sure, I have no doubt that editing does a number on these people.  Look at how they portrayed Shirin as bat-shit crazy at the beginning, then it changed and we didn't seem to be as easily irritated by her.

I'm pretty sure it's not editing that made her appear to walk around pantsless. :P

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1205 on: May 07, 2015, 08:31:31 AM »
Well, yeah, there was that, but she did explain that in her Ponderosa interviews.  I think it was something along the lines of Her underpants needing cleaned, she boiled them, and what was she supposed to do in the meantime?  Something like that.  But she was also just portrayed as generally annoying overall, talking about the animals mating and making a big deal out of it and never shutting up, etc.

Which reminds me, I need to go watch Tyler's arrival at Ponderosa.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1206 on: May 13, 2015, 08:05:36 AM »
I'm not sure what's going to happen.  I don't like Mike, but I admire the way he is playing.

Most of the rest, I just don't like.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rodney and/or Will make it to the finals.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1207 on: May 13, 2015, 09:15:49 PM »
THAT WAS FUCKING GLORIOUS!!

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1208 on: May 13, 2015, 09:47:28 PM »
THAT WAS FUCKING GLORIOUS!!

For sure! This season...more than any other, has yielded (2) awesome immunity idol plays. They've been played how I envision they were 'meant' to be played.....just utterly ruining a vote and turning it upside down. That was fantastic!

Out of the remaining players I'd like to see Mike or Momma C win it.....not really a fan of any of the rest of them. I don't think Hef's boy Will has done Jack squat to earn the 'W'....he's just been along for the ride trying to make it to the end....Rodney's a D Bag......that other chic hasn't done much. Mike and Momma C are the only two left who've 'done' anything. The others are just bodies to take to the end.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1209 on: May 13, 2015, 10:41:52 PM »
Yes, another idol played perfectly. So fitting for Dan to accomplish nothing with his extra vote. I loved the head shake when he realized he'd basically wasted it.
And Carolyn is officially done with that alliance after trying to vote her out.

Again Rodney was a total douchebag. He keeps dropping blatant hints that he wants to get handed a reward because he hasn't been good enough to win one, and then when Carolyn doesn't hand it to him, he vows revenge. wtf? Taking revenge on someone for not giving you something you didn't earn or deserve is the height of self centered arrogance.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1210 on: May 14, 2015, 06:32:10 AM »
I find it baffling that people 'expect' for someone who's won a reward to hand it over to them? I mean....WTF? When did that become an obligation that someone has to swap out and hand their reward over? It's crazy to think that people can get upset because someone didn't hand their reward over to them....

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1211 on: May 14, 2015, 07:04:56 AM »
Most of this season has sucked.  The two big in your face HII plays were the only moments that made me want to jump up and down like "Yes, this is the kind of season it should have been all along!!"  I hope when Dan watched all of this back he realized what a condescending piece of shit he'd been.  THE UNMITIGATED GALL.  Dick.  He was all burned up that Mike had the gall to suggest that he could save him and that Mike was being condescending.  DAN CALLED MIKE CONDESCENDING.  Think about that.  WTF, dude?

And Rodney is a complete nutjob.  In other seasons, people have given up their rewards for strategic reasons, to gain favor with others in the event they needed their vote in the end.  Never has this entitlement been such an issue as with Rodney.  Mike was like "Um, you want a reward?  Then win it."  Damn straight.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1212 on: May 14, 2015, 07:34:02 AM »
Yep, there's no strategy to his whining, it's nothing but self entitlement. The only reason he gets away with it is because he's surrounded by deadbeats in this season.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1213 on: May 14, 2015, 07:36:45 AM »
Deadbeats who seem happy to allow him to coast along and go right to the end and win.

Also, good riddance Dan.  I can't say it enough.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1214 on: May 14, 2015, 07:47:51 AM »
Dan's Ponderosa:

https://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/Vpm9aDwYuj8nJkOq5cHdNFddUyRRCRjf/survivor-ponderosa-dan/

Among other things, he calls himself a hero, says that calling him stubborn is a mis-characterization, says maybe he should've been more of a jerk, and considers himself very self-aware.  Wow.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1215 on: May 14, 2015, 09:12:54 PM »
Dan's Ponderosa:

https://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/Vpm9aDwYuj8nJkOq5cHdNFddUyRRCRjf/survivor-ponderosa-dan/

Among other things, he calls himself a hero, says that calling him stubborn is a mis-characterization, says maybe he should've been more of a jerk, and considers himself very self-aware.  Wow.

That dude is insane! How wrong can you be about yourself? Wow says it all.....

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1216 on: May 18, 2015, 07:39:24 AM »
Finally caught this yesterday.

LOL

I don't want to like Mike, based on how he played earlier in the game, but he is playing incredibly well.  And that tribal council was awesome.

I think Will and/or Rodney are both good choices to take to the finals, because there is no way in hell either of them wins the prize (dammit Will).

We'll see what happens.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1217 on: May 18, 2015, 09:19:40 AM »
Right, that seems to be a common theme.  No love for Mike early on, but a combination of underdog syndrome and the fact that he's doing VERY well now make it hard NOT to want him to win.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1218 on: May 18, 2015, 09:27:28 AM »
Right, that seems to be a common theme.  No love for Mike early on, but a combination of underdog syndrome and the fact that he's doing VERY well now make it hard NOT to want him to win.

Not only that....but the reasons everyone is calling him a 'psycho' are for him telling all of them what's going on in the game....who's doing what....and they think he's 'crazy' but he actually has been nailing it head on.

At this point for me it'd be a disappointment for him NOT to win. Sure Momma C has played a good game as well.....but I'd rather see Mike win given the odds he's had to overcome with them wanting him out for so long. It's one of those two who will win because it's between those two on the immunity challenges.....the others left suck both physically and mentally.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1219 on: May 20, 2015, 09:10:38 PM »
Very satisfying outcome although I thought Mike was an idiot for taking Momma C to the end. I'm surprised at the lack of votes she garnered. But, I think the right person won.

And, the second chance seaso is STACKED! Fighter Pilot Terry baby  :metal the single worst tragedy ever on Survivor was Aras winning that season and not Fighter Pilot Terry. He dominated everyone the entire time only to be screwed by a water balance challenge designed for an 80 pound woman. Can't wait to watch next season.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1220 on: May 21, 2015, 02:54:06 AM »
I haven't watched the reunion yet, but I'm so glad Mike won! He thoroughly deserved it for playing so hard. I don't blame him for his social game suffering towards the end, because that was largely on the alliance. He would not have won if he hadn't won both of those immunity challenges, so it was sooooo good to see him win those.

Not one of the better final tribals, but they voted the right way. I was starting to worry near the end there that maybe Mike wasn't a shoe-in, but luckily he still won quite easily. There's always one who doesn't have a chance (Will), then one who has a slight chance, and the one who is the obvious winner.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1221 on: May 21, 2015, 06:30:33 AM »
That was satisfying.  Watching the look on Dan's face at the last couple TCs was awesome.  He was pouty and pissed off.  What a jerk.  Hell, they should've given Jenn a million for calling the jury out on being bitter sour-grapes assholes (well, some of them anyway).  That was a great speech.  Mike was just absolutely unstoppable and it was fantastic to see in a fairly ho-hum season full of awful people.  Dan, Will, and Rodney were (for me) awful television.  I wanted to punch Dan in the mouth from the first episode and I never stopped feeling that way.  He was a dick from the minute they hit the beach.

That final immunity challenge was bad ass.  I mean all of them were completely wiped the fuck OUT by the end.  That staircase was BRUTAL.  Then there was the absolutely ridiculously awesome art design on the compass maze challenge.  Their challenge design department, while they sometimes recycle challenges or come up with a clunker here and there, are usually completely on fire.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1222 on: May 21, 2015, 06:34:28 AM »
That maze looked epic from above. The bit with the stairs was largely recycled, but it was still a good challlenge.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1223 on: May 21, 2015, 07:13:30 AM »
I thought it was a pretty great finale for a somewhat ho-hum season (although there were moments of awesomeness that rivaled anything I've seen before on the show).  Mike was definitely the most deserving, and I agree, Cozmo, Jenn's speech was wonderful.

Holy crap, that season of returning players will be awesome.  So glad they let the fans select who got to participate.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1224 on: May 21, 2015, 07:24:39 AM »
One such moment of unforgettable awesomeness was Mike's immunity win, coupled with Carolyn's II play, that sent Dan out the door.  I'm still loving that one.