Author Topic: The Survivor Thread  (Read 188086 times)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: The Survivor Thread
« Reply #1050 on: November 19, 2014, 09:38:03 PM »
What the fuck, indeed, Natalie. I feel like Natalie and Reed are the only ones I could possibly want to win ay this point. This flip-flopping from J&J is getting irritating.

I like both of them too, and I wanted to see Jeremy do well, so I was very disappointed with the vote this week.

And I was annoyed that Natalie and Jeremy both gave up their spots for J&J. I hate that couple so much, so I was glad their team lost, but then they just get the reward handed to them. I don't know how they became the defacto leaders, but I hope one of them gets knocked down next week.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1051 on: November 20, 2014, 06:49:27 AM »
Yeah, I'm not sure how they became the MVPs all of a sudden.

Although, given that they are now descending the popularity pole, it may behoove everyone else to keep them around as long as possible.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1052 on: November 20, 2014, 06:52:28 AM »
Which is exactly why I'd be no good in this game.  I'd be one of those people that when someone rubs me the wrong way, I'd just want them out at all costs.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1053 on: November 20, 2014, 07:29:43 AM »
Yeah, I'm not sure how they became the MVPs all of a sudden.

Especially when my 4 year old is more intelligent than John......
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1054 on: November 20, 2014, 07:32:56 AM »
What really burns my ass is Jeremy gave up his reward with Natalie as a sign of loyalty, in return for their vote last week.  Then Jon lies to him about the idol and votes him out.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1055 on: November 20, 2014, 07:40:57 AM »
What really burns my ass is Jeremy gave up his reward with Natalie as a sign of loyalty, in return for their vote last week.  Then Jon lies to him about the idol and votes him out.

Yeah....that move essentially guaranteed that neither of them would receive a vote from the jury, no matter who is on it. I mean, that was cold blooded....all because Jon failed to think one step ahead and realize that Jeremy would figure out that Jon had the idol?

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1056 on: November 20, 2014, 07:46:47 AM »
And had it been calculated ice cold game play, MAYBE I could've gotten behind it.  No, it was just cowardly bullshit because as you said, he couldn't think that far ahead.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1057 on: November 20, 2014, 07:53:07 AM »
And had it been calculated ice cold game play, MAYBE I could've gotten behind it.  No, it was just cowardly bullshit because as you said, he couldn't think that far ahead.

I was kind of shocked that Missy and Baylor got behind the idea...as Missy said, she and Jeremy had 'been together' since day one. I suppose they just viewed Jeremy a larger threat than John/Jaquelyn and chose to get him out then??

Talk about ballsy though....Keith not playing his idol!!?? Especially after figuring out they all new he had it!!??

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1058 on: November 20, 2014, 07:54:52 AM »
I  am always amazed when people gamble on not playing the idol.  I would suck soooooooo bad at Survivor.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1059 on: November 20, 2014, 08:05:12 AM »
I  am always amazed when people gamble on not playing the idol.  I would suck soooooooo bad at Survivor.

:lol You and me both!! I'd find that thing and play it the first council I was at....and, I think I'd be pretty bad at manner and frequency of  'lying' most of those folks do. Not that I haven't spinned a good yarn on occasion....but I think the 'outwit' part of the game is a bit overstatted and a very nice way of saying 'lie your a$$ off'.....

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1060 on: November 20, 2014, 08:07:26 AM »
That, plus the fact that if I go for a few hours without eating something, I feel like I'm on the verge of death.  :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1061 on: November 20, 2014, 08:09:36 AM »
I don't blame John per se for not revealing he had the idol.  I don't know where the concept came from that you have to tell your alliance members that you have the idol.  It's an individual idol, and I've always thought it was dumb for ANYONE to tell ANYONE that they had one, unless it was part of their strategy.

But the way this went down was not good.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1062 on: November 20, 2014, 08:54:56 AM »
I don't blame John per se for not revealing he had the idol.  I don't know where the concept came from that you have to tell your alliance members that you have the idol.  It's an individual idol, and I've always thought it was dumb for ANYONE to tell ANYONE that they had one, unless it was part of their strategy.

But the way this went down was not good.

Oh..I agree with your stance. I've never understood announcing to anyone you had the idol....and the way Keith handled it was spot on. I think John not telling anyone in his "alliance" was OK also...where he messed up was the fact that he had no 'excuse' or story prepared for what he knew was coming, the question from Jeremy on if he had it or not....his attempt at lying about it was pretty transparent and the way he panicked and subsequently got Jeremy eliminated was not well thought out as far as 'end game' is concerned.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1063 on: November 20, 2014, 10:21:35 AM »
 :tup

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1064 on: November 20, 2014, 04:17:52 PM »
Great episode.. I agree with what so many of you have said.

Now Wes and Keith are my faves at the moment, so because they were on the challenge team with J&J, I wanted them to lose. So glad they did and then J&J are given free reward...I am like WTF, suck ups Natalie and Jeremy.

Then Jeremy going to exile island, those little crabs walking around all night would freak me out, I would come back a mess too!

Keith seemed pretty relaxed going into tribal, even after his clue paper was stolen, I figured he must have given it to Wes, but boy was I shocked to see Jeremy go, I was so sure it would be Reed.

I would be crap at this game as well..I could not lie so convincingly, the starvation would fry my brain...even that last challenge Baylor was so good to win, sounds a bit sexist but I was so sure a guy with bigger feet and toes would win not to mention their core and then Baylor beats them all...Reed came close, so close poor guy!

I hope John is the next to go, J&J have had such an easy ride in this game..I want them both gone now even more than I want Missy or Baylor out.

My top 3 would be Keith, Wes, Natalie...who was so annoying on The Amazing Race, but now is quite a strong competitor.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1065 on: November 20, 2014, 05:38:16 PM »
I'm shocked that I'm rooting for Natalie. I could not STAND them on the Amazing Race. It seems though, that when you split the two of them up, not so bad.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1066 on: November 21, 2014, 06:54:51 AM »
I still don't like Natalie.

I guess my favorite ATM is Keith.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1067 on: November 21, 2014, 08:18:01 AM »
I guess my favorite ATM is Keith.

I think I'm rooting for Keith or Wes. Not a big fan of anyone else left....other than the two I have in my office pool and they'd never get a vote anyway (Baylor/Jaquelyn)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1068 on: November 26, 2014, 09:05:16 PM »
Dangit, Keith ruined that. But at least that's both of those idols gone, and I'm perfectly fine with Wes going.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1069 on: November 26, 2014, 10:38:21 PM »
Dammit Keith.

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1070 on: November 28, 2014, 03:14:34 AM »
If only he had kept his trap shut for one more minute!! And that half arsed attempt to offer it to Wes....Damn!

I hope the shorts for next week do hold true, and there is splits in the groups...Reed did great to win that last challenge, 3hrs plus!!!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1071 on: November 28, 2014, 09:43:26 AM »
If only he had kept his trap shut for one more minute!! And that half arsed attempt to offer it to Wes....Damn!

Yeah....even my wife who rarely says anything about these shows lamented at what a tard' he was for opening his mouth! And, I know he found the idol and it was his per say...but I have kids and I'd be willing to bet that I'd have not given any one of my sons the choice on whether they were taking it or not, I'd have told them they were..

Ahhh....anyway. I think it could be anyone's Million bucks right now...it really could. There isn't a stand out player for me to be honest. Everyone left is just 'ehh' for me. But at least my office picks are still in there Jackie and Baylor....increases my odds of winning the office pool everytime they don't get voted out.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1072 on: December 03, 2014, 10:19:02 PM »
Dammit, Jon gets another immunity idol. And Keith is literally the last person I expected to win that first immunity challenge. :lol

I was annoyed that yet again Jon and Jaqueline get a reward handed to them, but I'm glad Natalie was only doing it as a tactic and wants them gone. I hope she doesn't get burned trying to do it.
Jon and Jacqueline are idiots, and she's a self centered bitch. She expected to get chosen for that first reward, and then did nothing but complain when she wasn't picked.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1073 on: December 04, 2014, 06:25:31 AM »
Then, when Natalie's first choice for blindside, Jon, wins immunity, instead of taking the next best shot, Jacqueline, she goes for Alec?  WTF?  BREAK UP THE COUPLES AT ALL COSTS!

And Missy, STFU.  Your kid IS a brat.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1074 on: December 04, 2014, 06:35:12 AM »
I was surprised they didn't go for Jacqueline next too, but I figure they think Jon alone is still a big enough leader to have the pull to have control, whereas Jacqueline alone isn't as much of a threat.
How they got into this position of apparent power, I don't know, because they've only got half a brain between them.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1075 on: December 04, 2014, 06:36:39 AM »
My respect for Natalie went up a little bit.

But I can't stand Missy.  I'm waiting for Baylor to go in with a blindside against her Mom.

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1076 on: December 04, 2014, 02:14:29 PM »
I am glad Keith is still in the game.

I am curious why Natalie is so obsessed with removing Jon now when in the not too distant past she was the one (or first one) to tell him to play his idol...if she had shut up, he would've been gone then.

Jon was smart telling them to send him to exile island, knowing again he would get the opportunity to find an idol.
I was so hoping he would not find the thing, I am sure I am not the only one.

The funny thing is go back a little bit and I wanted Missy and Baylor out, now it is J&J, I did't understand why they didn't target Jac after Jon won immunity, it was their one opportunity to break the two up.

I just want Keith to win now, he was so close with that challenge last night...he just needs to win every immunity from here on out

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1077 on: December 04, 2014, 02:49:38 PM »
I would love it if Keith won.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1078 on: December 04, 2014, 03:03:45 PM »
Me too. Keith or Natalie are my favorites at this point.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1079 on: December 04, 2014, 06:56:00 PM »
I like Keith as a person, but he's such a dolt. He's done well in recent challenges, but I don't think he'd really deserve to win. I wouldn't mind him winning though, especially over some of the alternatives. I'm with Natalie. That's if she can get out Jon/Jacqueline before they get rid of her.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1080 on: December 10, 2014, 09:17:57 PM »
Go Natalie! This was her episode. She did a great job convincing those two idiots that she was misinformed for the vote, and with the immunity challenge coming down to Jon and herself, that was the make or break moment, so I was hoping so badly she'd win.

I was worried Missy was going to screw the whole thing up and reveal the plan to Jon, but at least she kept her mouth shut. That was a crazy tribal council, and luckily Jon was too stupid to catch on to the blindside.

I don't think any episode has made me happier this season.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1081 on: December 11, 2014, 06:41:46 AM »
Oh, no shit.  That was absolutely beautifully played by Natalie.  Jac is SUPER pissed.  Go ahead and get pissed that they voted Jon off.  Nobody there is playing for Jon except you and Jon.  It isn't up to anyone else to save his ass, so piss off.

Great episode.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1082 on: December 11, 2014, 06:53:02 AM »
I agree, best episode of the season thus far.  I still don't WANT to like Natalie, but I am starting to do so.

Also, screw Missy.  I think that she should be removed if she is physically unable to participate in challenges.  And also because I can't stand her.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1083 on: December 11, 2014, 07:00:38 AM »
After Jon gave away his reward to Baylor last night, I saw someone on Twitter suggest that had he won the million at the end, he'd probably have given that to Baylor or Natalie also.

Yeah, Missy was TRYING to be honorable and keep her word to Jon, but it's one of the few times I've given a shit about Baylor, who clearly had to remind Missy "YOU AREN'T PLAYING FOR JON, YOU'RE PLAYING FOR YOU AND I, DUMBASS".

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1084 on: December 11, 2014, 07:07:03 AM »
After Jon gave away his reward to Baylor last night, I saw someone on Twitter suggest that had he won the million at the end, he'd probably have given that to Baylor or Natalie also.

Yeah, Missy was TRYING to be honorable and keep her word to Jon, but it's one of the few times I've given a shit about Baylor, who clearly had to remind Missy "YOU AREN'T PLAYING FOR JON, YOU'RE PLAYING FOR YOU AND I, DUMBASS".

Honor and loyalty is all well and good, but she needs to remember this isn't real life, it's a game, and everyone's goal is to backstab you before you backstab them, for the purpose of profit. If you're not there to win the money, go home. :facepalm:

We're probably at the point where the reward challenges are individual now (we've still got the obligatory food auction and maybe the people from home if that's necessary), so it might be possible for Missy to theoretically finish the game with an injured foot. Of course, she's a worthless player who would get voted out long before that anyway, so unless she can compete and win immunity, that's probably a moot point.