Author Topic: The Survivor Thread  (Read 189663 times)

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Re: The Survivor Thread
« Reply #1155 on: April 08, 2015, 09:37:14 PM »
So happy to see Joe win immunity again, but very irked to see Dan stay. Very irritating.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1156 on: April 08, 2015, 09:46:41 PM »
So happy to see Joe win immunity again, but very irked to see Dan stay. Very irritating.

Thought they did a poor job trying to flip the others. I mean, I bought what's her names word when she said she'd go all girl vote against Joe because of how he treated her. But they made no effort to flip anyone.

I don't see how it turns out good for Joe, Jenn and their gang now. Hopefully Joe and Jenn can at least make it to Jury so they can enjoy Ponderosa a bit.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1157 on: April 09, 2015, 12:43:17 AM »
I'm so glad Joe won immunity again, but he'll be gone as soon as he loses a challenge, unless something drastic changes in the meantime.

Is it just me or is Rodney somehow getting even more annoying? Damn, I just wanted to punch that dude in the face the entire episode. That look of entitlement he had when Joe was selecting people for the reward, and then that look after he wasn't selected was just super douchery.

And can Dan spell? That immunity challenge was embarrassing. :lol Can you read those words? No? Then you're not finished, idiot!

What's the deal with the jury? I thought usually everyone after the merge goes into the jury, but this week was the first. Is this one less jury member than usual, or did they merge a week earlier than usual, or is this how they usually do it and I'm just an idiot?
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1158 on: April 11, 2015, 06:18:44 AM »
You're just an idiot.

Yes, the future looks bleak, because none of my favored players are on the side with numbers.

I dunno WTF Will is doing.  Come on, buddy, wake up.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1159 on: April 11, 2015, 06:20:25 AM »
You're just an idiot.

Personal attack! Reported to the mods.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1160 on: April 11, 2015, 06:22:48 AM »
You're just an idiot.

Personal attack! Reported to the mods.
I'll get right on that.

*submits issue to the mod team*

OK, here's the verdict:

Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1161 on: April 11, 2015, 06:23:18 AM »
:lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1162 on: April 11, 2015, 06:25:52 AM »

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1163 on: April 11, 2015, 09:55:49 PM »
:rollin

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1164 on: April 15, 2015, 10:08:15 PM »
 :'( Sad to see Joe go....but everyone knew the second they could vote him out he was gone. Jenn went from being a favorite of mine to a dumbass. I will never understand players who want to quit....never. I get its mentally and physically exhausting but jeez.....millions of people would love to be there doing that.

Rodney's impressions were killing me  :lol they were spot on.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1165 on: April 15, 2015, 10:18:24 PM »
I was disappointed to see Joe go too, especially when you've got a player who doesn't even want to be there. You can't half-ass Survivor. We knew he'd go as soon as he lost, and he just couldn't quite pull it off tonight.

I don't think Mike bought that hidden immunity idol for a second, but it's always amusing to see people try to bluff an idol.

And did anybody else notice the Wilhelm scream sound effect when Will slid down the ramp into the water during the reward challenge? :lol

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1166 on: April 16, 2015, 07:41:35 AM »
I was also bummed to see Joe go.  With every week that goes by, Dan irritates me even more.  I will say that for as much as Rodney and his brobrobrobrobrobrobrobro has irritated the living shit out of me, his impressions last night were pretty damned good.  The chocolate reward was cool.  It does kinda irritate me when they make product placement things like this so obvious, though.  Not sure what to make of Jenn, but someone vote her out, so we don't have to listen to it anymore.  This waffling between wanting to stay and not is dumb.  It's the dream of many (as noted) to do this and you're complaining about it.  GTFO.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1167 on: April 22, 2015, 09:31:09 PM »
Much to my amazement, I'm actually rooting for Mike to win. Also, Will sucks.  He's only still there so someone else will have an easier win in the end.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1168 on: April 22, 2015, 09:46:24 PM »
I like Mike since breaking from Rodney, and as always it becomes the guy who needs immunity having to constantly chase immunity. :lol Let's count the weeks.

I didn't like how they crammed the entire food auction into the opening segment, and skimmed over half of it. It kind of downplays it as run of the mill. An interesting twist with that first hidden item though. They didn't seem to have as many items this time, and not as interesting, or maybe it just seemed that way because they skimmed it.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1169 on: April 23, 2015, 07:59:24 AM »
And if I recall, Shirin wasn't even one of the people we saw questioning Will's honesty, at least not on screen.  Then Tyler blames Mike, Jenn, and Shirin, and Will comes back and unloads specifically on Shirin.  What a shithead.  Not cool to go off all personally like that.

I guarantee there's going to be a shithead winning it this year.  At least by my opinion of them.  :lol  I'm completely down to see Mike or Shirin win, despite how much they irritated me in the beginning.  And yep, Mike will have to fight constantly to survive now.  At least he still has the hidden immunity idol.  I just can't wrap my head around Mike voting with all the shitheads last week to get rid of joe, and now being on the outs with all of them, and NEEDING Joe's vote not, more than ever.  Again, it probably won't matter.  Mike and Shirin will be the next people out and we'll be left with a very unsatisfying winner.  The spoiler for next week seems to indicate that Tyler may flip, but I don't buy it.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1170 on: April 24, 2015, 11:26:35 AM »
According to Jenn's exit interview with John Cochran, we only saw a little bit of Will's tirade.  Apparently it was much more than what we saw.

https://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/news/1004098/season-30-s-spunkiest-player-heads-to-ponderosa-jenn-reveals-why-she-s-not-a-quitter-and-what-brings-her-to-tears/

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1171 on: April 24, 2015, 11:39:59 AM »
My DVR malfunctioned and didn't record the show so my co-worker gave me a play by play. Sounds like I missed Will being a dick and Mike ticking off his alliance. At this point I really don't like a specific player and am really only rooting for Tyler because he's who I drew in the office pool....so I guess it's 'go Tyler' for me from here on out. Jenn and Joe were my favs but they're absent now...

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1172 on: April 24, 2015, 11:48:41 AM »
If you like, you can watch the full episode on CBS' website:

https://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1173 on: April 25, 2015, 03:42:14 PM »
I don't blame Will for being upset at a false accusation, but he definitely went too far.

We'll see what happens.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1174 on: April 25, 2015, 05:28:50 PM »
I don't blame him either for being upset at a false accusation, and I can maybe understand going off at camp. To double down at TC and mock her still, when she's discussing being a victim of abuse is entirely over the limits of acceptability.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1175 on: April 25, 2015, 05:43:45 PM »
I don't blame him either for being upset at a false accusation, and I can maybe understand going off at camp. To double down at TC and mock her still, when she's discussing being a victim of abuse is entirely over the limits of acceptability.
Yep.  Doesn't sound like the Will I know, who was always sweet candy.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1176 on: April 25, 2015, 07:52:39 PM »
Yep.  Doesn't sound like the Will I know, who was always sweet candy.

My mood would probably be a bit different too if I spent a month living with minimal shelter, barely any food or sleep, and a bunch of people plotting against each other. :lol
It might have just been a straw that broke the camel's back situation. We only see what ends up on TV.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1177 on: April 25, 2015, 08:33:13 PM »
That's the.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1178 on: April 30, 2015, 01:02:15 AM »
Mike continues his winning streak for another week!

That was a hell of a tribal. I think Mike played it smart. He knew he was safe this week, but he was thinking ahead to finding the cracks in the main alliance. Showing the idol before the vote meant they had to consider voting between themselves, and they also know he has an idol for next time. Luckily the bluff didn't get Shirin offside for a final jury vote.

I can't wait for Dan to use his extra vote. At this point, he can change the game easily. Let's see if he's smart enough to use it right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1179 on: April 30, 2015, 09:11:42 AM »
At this point I'm rooting for Mike, Momma C or Tyler. Mike because I can't stand anyone else that is left.....Momma C because out of the people I can't stand she's the least bothersome and she's played a pretty good game......and Tyler because he's my office pool player and could land me $200 if he wins..

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1180 on: April 30, 2015, 09:18:08 AM »
Boy, if/when Mike goes, my interest level would drop to almost zero. As long as Rodney doesn't win it, I guess I'd be ok with almost anyone else. I can't recall Tyler doing anything to bug me, so I guess he'd be my next pick?

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1181 on: April 30, 2015, 09:40:08 AM »
Yeah, that was a crazy tribal council.  It's funny how tastes swing over time.  Initially I didn't care for Shirin as much (probably because they portrayed her as a little nuts) and Mike I just didn't really like.  Now, Mike is the only person I want to see win it.  Dan SLIGHTLY redeemed himself by apologizing to Shirin for something he had no part in...

Until it gets to his confessional interview and he pretty much says it's all her fault.

So yeah, I still can't stand Dan either.  And I could've been convinced to dismiss Will's actions as an in the moment tirade, due to frustration, exhaustion, hunger, etc., had it been confined to just that outburst.  But he doubled down on it at TC last week, and when pressed about it again this week, he is still unrepentant and refuses to apologize.

So yeah, it was really excellent to see Mike point out at the end of TC "Dan still got two votes".  Proving what he's been saying to Dan and Sierra ALL ALONG.  I wonder if they'll listen to him NOW.  It may not matter now.  Had they listened to him before, when Shirin was still around, they had a better chance.  If Dan and Sierra go with Mike, it's 4-3 (4-4 with Dan's two votes).  This indeed WILL make the use of Dan's two votes very interesting.  I can't wait to see how it goes down.  As much as I can't stand him, I really hope he does the right thing and takes out Rodney.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1182 on: April 30, 2015, 09:44:57 AM »
Anyone been watching the Ponderosa episodes? They're always neat....but this year they are 'shot' in a different way.....it has an actual 'show' feel rather than the grainy....off the cuff shooting style that they've been in the past. It looks like they are setting up shots now....really focusing in on the characters and what not. I preferred the 'old' off the cuff...behind the scenes look rather than this look they've adopted this season.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1183 on: April 30, 2015, 09:46:40 AM »
I always forget to check out the Ponderosa episodes once it gets to the jury end of the season, but I enjoy those. I haven't seen any this season, but it sounds like a shame that they changed it. I liked seeing more raw footage of them fresh out of the game.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1184 on: April 30, 2015, 10:00:05 AM »
I did check out Jenn's arrival to Ponderosa.  I loved the little shrine they set up for her arrival, complete with a bottle of Jack Daniels.  So awesome.  Watching them toast and her drink of choice was the bottle of Jack - Jenn's all right in my book.  :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1185 on: April 30, 2015, 03:07:19 PM »
Yeah....Jenn's a pretty cool chick it seems. She's funnier that sh%t  :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1186 on: May 02, 2015, 03:22:10 AM »
I don't understand what you guys like about Mike.  He's a dick, and has been all season. 

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1187 on: May 02, 2015, 03:39:05 AM »
I don't understand what you guys like about Mike.  He's a dick, and has been all season. 

Well he's against Rodney's alliance, which is a huge plus, and I guess there's the underdog factor now, and there aren't really many alternatives at this point in the game. He hasn't been so bad since splitting from Rodney's group.
Who are you liking at this point, hef?

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1188 on: May 02, 2015, 06:22:28 AM »
I think that's it. I didn't like Mike, initially. But I like Dan and Rodney less.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1189 on: May 02, 2015, 08:00:02 AM »
I didn't like Mike, initially, and none of his actions since have endeared him to me in any way.

I didn't like Dan initially, but I like him better now.

I like (and know) Will, but there's no way he wins; he doesn't seem to have plan whatsoever.

I dunno, one of the chicks, I guess.  The players I liked best are already gone (Joe & Jenn).