Author Topic: The Survivor Thread  (Read 187620 times)

Offline pg1067

Re: The Survivor Thread
« Reply #1785 on: May 13, 2020, 12:51:17 PM »
Here's the problem.

You have 19 of the 20 contestants still in contention to win.  Nearly half of those contestants have spent more than half of their time not playing the game (or, if you prefer, playing a very different game).  One theory is that whoever comes back from "the Edge" will get most or all of the votes from the other persons who were on "the Edge."  On the other hand, let's say Natalie or Amber comes back.  What has she done to deserve a win?  Well...I got voted out REALLY early, I won a single challenge to get back into the game and survived a couple votes (all the while having umpteen advantages that I bought with all of my fire tokens), and here I am.  That person won't have made any enemies but also won't have made any "big moves."  It's really quite absurd, and I'm also envisioning some sort of technical glitch with live reunion show.

One thing I just read is that, in September 2018 (less than a year before this season was recorded), Probst poo-pooed the idea of an all-winners season, saying, "We have 10 great winners that you’d want to see play again.  We don’t have 20.  We don’t have 18."  Interesting that he changed his mind so quickly.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1786 on: May 13, 2020, 12:58:44 PM »
That was why it was SO dissatisfying to so many when Chris one the original EoE season.  He didn't have to suffer blindsiding people, and agonizing over who to vote out, or the repercussions of voting someone out or ANY of those elements.  He comes back in at the end and makes fire and wins.  It's like competing in a marathon and after the first mile, someone drives you to a bar near the finish line.  You go in and buy everybody three rounds of drinks, then leave, and cross the finish line to win.  Everyone in the bar says "Yep, good enough for us".

Offline T-ski

« Reply #1787 on: May 14, 2020, 07:40:03 AM »
Tony absolutely deserved to win, he totally outplayed everyone.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1788 on: May 14, 2020, 11:27:26 AM »
Hell yes.  Sure, Natalie DID have a ton of influence on the game from EoE, but the first person voted out should never ever win.  Tony fucking deserved the hell out of that win!