Author Topic: The Survivor Thread  (Read 187948 times)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: The Survivor Thread
« Reply #1015 on: October 23, 2014, 06:41:08 AM »
I've already forgotten who even got eliminated, so I obviously didn't care. I don't mind Baylor, at least she's cute. Her mother was an idiot with the rice thing, so she can gtfo for all I care.

They'll have to swap pretty much everything they have at camp for rice, can't remember what that tribe has. They'll be lucky if Jeff doesn't kick down their shelter as part of the deal. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1016 on: October 23, 2014, 07:37:28 AM »
That would be quite entertaining, actually.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1017 on: October 23, 2014, 08:30:47 AM »
If I was Jeff, I would make them go to a tribal council for it.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1018 on: October 23, 2014, 08:32:13 AM »
That's not a bad idea. Every time these things happen, you can see the evil gears turning in Probst's head.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1019 on: October 23, 2014, 09:00:50 AM »
If I was Jeff, I would make them go to a tribal council for it.

That was my initial thought. Make em' really pay for it.

And, I don't see a thing wrong with Dale hazing Baylor's mom about the rice. I know that she is now technically part of that tribe but you don't just waltz in and start doing crap like eating all the food up. I understand why Jaquelyn and her boy toy voted the way they did...essentially choosing Baylor and her mom over the other two but I really can't stand Baylor's mom. You can kind of understand why she's had three failed marriages.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1020 on: October 23, 2014, 09:03:53 AM »
Yep.  "I don't care about your perfectly sound, reasonable, and logical argument detailing what might be best for me or us, I'm going to do what I want".  Three failed marriages, indeed.

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1021 on: October 24, 2014, 03:23:36 AM »
Yeah Baylor's mum was a moron the second she walked into camp....I hate that the other two went with Baylor.....so Kelly is out and it looks like poor Dale is on his own.

It looks like both camps will be out of rice....maybe Jeff will make each tribe send a member to exile island or better yet as suggested above go to tribal council.

I hope somehow Baylor and her Mum are the next two that go.

Is it just me or have the challenges seemed a little easy this season?  Maybe because it is early days....

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #1022 on: October 24, 2014, 03:43:31 AM »
Is this show still going on? I thought it died about 10 years ago!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1023 on: October 24, 2014, 05:56:47 AM »
Is this show still going on? I thought it died about 10 years ago!
Why would you think that?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1024 on: October 29, 2014, 11:21:40 PM »
As expected Jeff Probst took all of their luxury stuff. If anything, I expected him to go a little further and take all of their flint, maybe kick around their camp a bit. He was fair on what he took.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1025 on: October 30, 2014, 07:07:37 AM »
As expected Jeff Probst took all of their luxury stuff. If anything, I expected him to go a little further and take all of their flint, maybe kick around their camp a bit. He was fair on what he took.
Yeah. But I still would have made them have an extra tribal council.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1026 on: October 30, 2014, 08:58:09 AM »
Yeah. But I still would have made them have an extra tribal council.

That's a nice idea, although then they have to think of the logistics to keep the game running for the full 39 days when they're an extra man down. I'm sure it could be done, but for an on the spot thing, I understand why they didn't go with that option.

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1027 on: October 30, 2014, 07:13:39 PM »
For what Jeff took, he should have only given them half a bag of rice.

I felt Dale was dumb offering to make that deal at the merge with the idol...he showed he wasn't going to use it...he would've been better off making them think he would use it.

Glad the merge is happening maybe now we will see some great challenges.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1028 on: November 05, 2014, 09:12:50 PM »
Boo f'ing hoo Julie.
She quit over nothing. Nobody had even confronted her about the trail mix yet, and she couldn't even hang on another day until tribal council. Weak. She didn't have it any tougher than other people out there.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1029 on: November 05, 2014, 09:17:17 PM »
Boo f'ing hoo Julie.
She quit over nothing. Nobody had even confronted her about the trail mix yet, and she couldn't even hang on another day until tribal council. Weak. She didn't have it any tougher than other people out there.

It's annoying now that it seems each season has someone quit. I'm sure it's rough conditions and all but they have well water and food given to them and I'd bet near anything that when the camera's aren't rolling there are medical check ups and what not going on. It's not called 'Survivor' due to actually having to survive....it's the game play. And she was weak. It's just unfortunate someone...somewhere missed out on a shot to get on the show. But then again, she's only there because she's shagging John Rocker.

That may have initially been a set back for Jeremy as far as numbers and alliances go....but for him to escape possibly getting voted off was huge because he could now win immunity...and you see what a day does as far as the 'atmosphere' of camp.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1030 on: November 05, 2014, 09:36:05 PM »
It is sad to see people quite the game, but I think this has been the weakest yet. It wasn't due to a nagging injury or a huge blowup with someone, she quit just from general Survivor stuff, which everyone else manages to endure.
I'm not saying living in those conditions is easy, but as you said, they have water and food, they just had a big feast, and she had it relatively easy around camp. As far as Survivor goes, she had it just fine.

I think it says a lot about how cushy her life is outside the game that she couldn't take it. Not that I'd even do as well as her, but I'd have the sense not to sign up for Survivor and take the spot of someone with a chance.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1031 on: November 05, 2014, 09:43:15 PM »
the cold and discomfort are real...for sure and certainly drive people mad. And although they are only eating handfuls of rice a day at worst....they're getting fresh water....so, the 'hunger' is something that you should be able to deal with. I would think that if I were selected to go on that show that I'd prepare before hand not only by having the ability to start a fire without flint (which I can already do in several different methods) but I'd also be eating every insect...small mammal....and edible plant I could get my hands on. The fact that these people are never munching down on bugs drives me crazy!!! choc full of protein and energy..ready made energy pills.  :lol

Anyway...good point about Julie. There's no way she's used to that type of lifestyle and I'm sure it was hard on her to be in that element.

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1032 on: November 06, 2014, 07:07:38 PM »
The funny thing was she made no secret after the feast that she was taking the leftovers....I am trying to recall who told her to go for it.

I am sure it was hard with the merge to see family groups, loved ones together and that made her miss John even more...a few weeks prior she was crying when she was cold and wet...I thought she would quit then.

I wish she had waited for tribal council, as it would have been interesting to see if she was the one voted out for her trail mix or someone else.

I loved the challenge, I hope they have more good ones now the numbers are reducing!

The funny thing is is previous seasons I have always picked someone I wanted to win, but I can't think of any out of this group that I actually like.  Maybe Wes and his Dad....

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1033 on: November 06, 2014, 07:34:04 PM »
I loved the challenge, I hope they have more good ones now the numbers are reducing!

I always like the individual challenges more than the team ones. They still split them up into teams at this stage for the reward challenges though. The show is always better after the merge imo.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1034 on: November 06, 2014, 08:40:50 PM »
The funny thing is is previous seasons I have always picked someone I wanted to win, but I can't think of any out of this group that I actually like.  Maybe Wes and his Dad....

I have both Jaquelyn and Baylor in my office pool....either one wins and I win $100. I highly doubt that if Baylor made it to the end she'd get a vote but there's an outside chance that if Jaquelyn made it to the end she would.....she seems to be 'playing' the game and is somewhat strong in challenges. Who knows. If I am just rooting for someone it's for Wes or his Dad, I like those two....can't really stand any of the others.

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1035 on: November 07, 2014, 01:57:41 AM »
Baylor may come close only because she can hide behind Missy. Baylor seems less of a cow than her mother who I believe should be a target.

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1036 on: November 13, 2014, 05:54:37 PM »
So am I the only one who watched this last night?  :corn

Great challenges, I was shocked to see Josh get voted out, and I thought Missy would have been up before Baylor.

I can't be the only one who thinks John and his GF are playing the game God awful....I say that because soon the girls will have the numbers and start voting him and his GF out...that is my 2 cents anyway.  :smiley:

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1037 on: November 13, 2014, 06:00:37 PM »
I was surprised to see Josh voted out. Are they just voting out loved ones? There was nothing else in the episode that I recall making him a target.
I don't think that other couple are playing very well. They think they're special and controlling the game, and I was annoyed that John got an idol. They should vote the girl off.

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1038 on: November 13, 2014, 06:03:28 PM »
Hopefully next episode.  :smiley:  Or maybe they will target Wes or Keith.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1039 on: November 14, 2014, 06:57:11 AM »
I was surprised at the vote as well.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1040 on: November 14, 2014, 07:41:35 AM »
I wasn't surprised they voted John out.....I spent the entire time curious as to how Jaquelyn.....who seems fairly intelligent and is pretty hot.....could possibly be dating such a huge douche bag like John? The more and more he opens his mouth and speaks reveals what a tard' he is.

I do think that Josh was a good player and a 'threat'...so eliminating him helped everyone, but at the moment...there is no clear cut frontrunner in my eyes.

They should vote the girl off.

Noooo......I have her in our office pool!! I need her to go all the way because I have Baylor also and I don't see her having a chance to win. Jaquelyn has some sort of a shot at least.....

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1041 on: November 14, 2014, 07:44:27 AM »
All I know is that I want Jacquelyn to stay as long as possible.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1042 on: November 14, 2014, 08:59:46 AM »
Yeah, not really sure how I'm feeling about all this yet.  The guys are being kinda jerky towards the girls, but I don't know why, but Baylor just irritates me.  She just does.

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1043 on: November 15, 2014, 04:48:15 PM »
I wasn't surprised they voted John out.....I spent the entire time curious as to how Jaquelyn.....who seems fairly intelligent and is pretty hot.....could possibly be dating such a huge douche bag like John? The more and more he opens his mouth and speaks reveals what a tard' he is.

Wait a second....did the U.S. screen two episodes? Australia just saw Josh voted out on the episode where John finds the idol...now you're saying he's out as well? Damn...have to wait until Thursday night to see the episode.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 05:52:26 PM by lucky7 »

Offline Grizz

« Reply #1044 on: November 15, 2014, 06:12:41 PM »
It is sad to see people quite the game, but I think this has been the weakest yet. It wasn't due to a nagging injury or a huge blowup with someone, she quit just from general Survivor stuff, which everyone else manages to endure.
I'm not saying living in those conditions is easy, but as you said, they have water and food, they just had a big feast, and she had it relatively easy around camp. As far as Survivor goes, she had it just fine.
Osten on Pearl Islands did the same thing. Jeff knocked over his torch and expressed disgust towards it.
I was in Kindergarten when Pearl Islands aired and decided to rewatch it for a nostalgia trip, so yeah.
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1045 on: November 17, 2014, 06:23:10 AM »

Wait a second....did the U.S. screen two episodes? Australia just saw Josh voted out on the episode where John finds the idol...now you're saying he's out as well? Damn...have to wait until Thursday night to see the episode.

He misspoke.  It was Josh.

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1046 on: November 17, 2014, 05:47:00 PM »
Thanks for that... :smiley:

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1047 on: November 17, 2014, 08:38:24 PM »
He misspoke.  It was Josh.

Yep....my bad...... :loser:

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1048 on: November 19, 2014, 07:09:39 PM »
What the fuck, indeed, Natalie. I feel like Natalie and Reed are the only ones I could possibly want to win ay this point. This flip-flopping from J&J is getting irritating.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1049 on: November 19, 2014, 09:25:38 PM »
Yeah....holy cow! those two have just sealed their fate for sure.....I mean, that's (2) jury members that won't give either of them a vote. It's anyone's game other than those two. Unfortunately for me I have Jaquelyn in an office pool...(and Baylor). I don't see either of them getting the votes to win. At this point Keith and Wes could make a good argument for the $$...possibly Natalie. I don't see Reed making it much further for some reason.