Author Topic: The Survivor Thread  (Read 188042 times)

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Re: The Survivor Thread
« Reply #1085 on: December 11, 2014, 07:17:35 AM »
Well, in case nobody noticed, next week is the finale, so if they're going to do any of the usual challenges we've come to expect (auction, family visit, etc.), they will have to cram it into the finale episode, which seems unlikely.  I'm kinda glad though, because they family visits are just awful.  Fly thousands of miles to spend five minutes with your loved one, then leave.  Although since this was BvW this season, that's probably why they didn't do a family visit.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1086 on: December 11, 2014, 07:24:12 AM »
The final episode is always a double, and we've still got 5 left, so does that mean a final 3 this time, or an extra tribal to get it to a final 2? There's still room for a few more challenges. We might still get the auction, but the family thing seems redundant with blood vs water, so I agree.

Just found this, which talks a bit about Missy's injury.
https://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/11/survivor-jeff-probst-missy-injured/
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1087 on: December 11, 2014, 07:30:32 AM »
Nice.  Good info.  It was cool to hear about how the kid pitched this challenge.  The Schmergen Brawl WAS pretty brutal shit.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1088 on: December 11, 2014, 07:42:51 AM »
Jon's arrival at Pnderosa is gold, if for no other reason than Alec explaining to him that Natalie didn't screw up the vote and accidentally vote out Alec, but that she was playing Jon all along and he fell right into it.  :lol

https://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/vz82CPgwiCL4DIq7JRV_KVrfUiwNwCWA/survivor-san-juan-del-sur-jon-at-ponderosa/

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1089 on: December 11, 2014, 07:44:45 AM »
Jon's arrival at Pnderosa is gold, if for no other reason than Alec explaining to him that Natalie didn't screw up the vote and accidentally vote out Alec, but that she was playing Jon all along and he fell right into it.  :lol

https://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/vz82CPgwiCL4DIq7JRV_KVrfUiwNwCWA/survivor-san-juan-del-sur-jon-at-ponderosa/

I can't wait to watch that......(can't do it from work PC  :'( )
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1090 on: December 12, 2014, 03:34:13 PM »
Great Episode (as you have all mentioned) I just loved Jon's face when his name was revealed and then the look on Jac's face.

Keith is still in it Thank God, I hope he wins!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1091 on: December 13, 2014, 05:53:06 AM »

:tup
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1092 on: December 16, 2014, 06:56:55 AM »
So according to Jon's exit interview, the final five alliance (J&J, M&B, and Natalie) had all decided that Jaclyn and Baylor would sacrifice themselves in order for their loved ones to make final three.

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2014/12/survivor-jon-jaclyn-baylor-missy-natalie-final-three-plan/

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1093 on: December 16, 2014, 07:05:40 AM »
They probably all "agreed" upon it for show for their alliance, while secretly all having the idea to blindside everyone else to double their own chances of winning. Jon was probably the only one stupid enough to think it was genuine.
That's my theory on that. :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1094 on: December 16, 2014, 07:17:36 AM »
Probably so.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1095 on: December 17, 2014, 10:59:33 PM »
YES! NATALIE!

Jackie won at the worst possible time, but luckily she voted out Keith instead of Natalie, because voting out Natalie would have been the smarter move (although Keith would also have been in with a chance). Natalie even admitted as much.
I thought turning on Baylor and saving Jackie would turn out to be a dumb move that would backfire on her the next vote, so she was lucky. But as soon as Natalie made it to the final 3, I knew she had it in the bag.
There's always one that you know won't get a single vote, which in this case was Missy (her one vote was obviously Baylor, which doesn't count). Jackie was mostly a tagalong with Jon, and Natalie made several risky big moves that got her to the end, so she was the clear choice.

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1096 on: December 18, 2014, 05:24:43 AM »
Still watching the reunion show about the infamous Reed speech, (which was the best ever) and even how he just defended it was perfect.
I don't know what Reed does as a day job but he is a great talker.

I agree with everything you wrote Blob. And yes Congrats Natalie, she did really deserve the win.

Going over the last episode while it is fresh...at the tribal before the jury selection when Jeff asked Nat if she thought she could win and she was so confident, it was a moment for me like Keith's infamous comments a couple of weeks before..so I was sure they would vote Nat. but no they didn't...I knew then she had it in the bag as she did outwit, outlast and outplay all remaining.

The speech Reed made to Missy was pure gold...now the reunion is on he is right he judged Missy on how he saw her in the game.

I think this was the best season ever....saying that as they talk on tv about next season white, blue and no collar this sounds great!!
:smiley:

Shame Keith didn't win, but CONGRATS TO NATALIE!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1097 on: December 18, 2014, 05:48:34 AM »
I just finished watching the reunion on TV, and they didn't do the audience vote, did they?

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1098 on: December 18, 2014, 05:53:15 AM »
No....did you see the hands up vote to see how many would have voted for Keith, and he would have got it.
What a shame. Nat deserved it in the end.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1099 on: December 18, 2014, 05:56:39 AM »
Natalie was right to get rid of Keith. He wasn't the smartest guy, but he was very likeable, and he did very well in the more recent challenges. I would have expected him to win if Natalie got voted out, and I would have been going for him. I don't think Keith would have won against Natalie though. She played a more well rounded game.

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1100 on: December 18, 2014, 05:59:40 AM »
I agree completely...Nat was the best game player in the end....Keith was just such a nice guy!

Has everyone else gone to bed...where are all our fellow Survivor fans around the world? (Just after Midnight Thurs. Aus. current time)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1101 on: December 18, 2014, 06:02:22 AM »
Americans are still in bed or just waking up. Surprised we didn't have anyone else last night when it aired there, although it was a long finale, so they might not have gotten to it yet.
Not sure we have any other Aussies here who watch the show.

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1102 on: December 18, 2014, 06:15:41 AM »
Usually I wait for the next day....but after that finale I had to get on here. Must try to sleep now.  ::)

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1103 on: December 18, 2014, 06:28:36 AM »
That was fantastic!  Natalie totally deserved it, she played the hell out of everyone else.  I admit, when I first heard that her and Nadiya were going to be on, I cringed, because I could NOT STAND them on TAR, but here, since they weren't together, it was different.  I was rooting for either Keith or Natalie to win also, but I figured Nat was more deserving, because of the moves she made.  Outside of winning challenges, Keith did little more than hold on to keep from getting blown away with the storm.  When she played her idol for Jaclyn, I could not believe it.  Holy crap!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1104 on: December 18, 2014, 06:31:04 AM »
That was fantastic!  Natalie totally deserved it, she played the hell out of everyone else.  I admit, when I first heard that her and Nadiya were going to be on, I cringed, because I could NOT STAND them on TAR, but here, since they weren't together, it was different.  I was rooting for either Keith or Natalie to win also, but I figured Nat was more deserving, because of the moves she made.  Outside of winning challenges, Keith did little more than hold on to keep from getting blown away with the storm.  When she played her idol for Jaclyn, I could not believe it.  Holy crap!

Man, I was yelling at my screen when she did that. She'd played such a clever, daring game, but I thought that was going to be the fatal move that would be her downfall. And if Jackie had half a brain, she would have voted Natalie out.
And I was so pissed when Jackie won that final challenge. Of all the people to be in a position of power to decide the final three......

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1105 on: December 18, 2014, 06:33:36 AM »
Exactly, I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, SHE CAN'T WIN IMMUNITY NOW!!!!"  I thought Nat was a goner for sure when Jac won immunity.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1106 on: December 18, 2014, 07:20:45 AM »
I thought Natalie's idol play for Jacklyn was one of the greatest things I've ever seen on Survivor.

Keith was the one I liked the best, but Natalie definitely played the best game, so she deserved to win.

And Jacklyn was smoking hot on the reunion show.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1107 on: December 18, 2014, 08:38:31 AM »

Man, I was yelling at my screen when she did that. She'd played such a clever, daring game, but I thought that was going to be the fatal move that would be her downfall. And if Jackie had half a brain, she would have voted Natalie out.
And I was so pissed when Jackie won that final challenge. Of all the people to be in a position of power to decide the final three......

I wasn't ticked because her coming in second place made me $45  :metal  :biggrin:  And, even though she didn't make 'huge' power moves like Natalie the fact of the matter is for better or for worse her and John did really decide who stayed and who was voted off for a large part of the game. And, if you paid any attention to any conversaition John had I have a sneaking suspicion that Jaquelyn was the 'brains' of the outfit...so....I actually think she deserved the chance to pitch her case.

But the right person won because Nat definately played a heck of a game making some great strategic moves.....like Hef said....

I thought Natalie's idol play for Jacklyn was one of the greatest things I've ever seen on Survivor.

My wife and I's jaw hit the ground.....that was made even more awesome due to the fact that I'm sure Baylor and Missy thought as she walked up that Nat was going to say it was for Missy or Baylor.....that look on EVERYONES face was priceless

and this.....

And Jacklyn was smoking hot on the reunion show.

:iagree:

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1108 on: December 18, 2014, 08:49:15 AM »
I wasn't ticked because her coming in second place made me $45  :metal  :biggrin:  And, even though she didn't make 'huge' power moves like Natalie the fact of the matter is for better or for worse her and John did really decide who stayed and who was voted off for a large part of the game. And, if you paid any attention to any conversaition John had I have a sneaking suspicion that Jaquelyn was the 'brains' of the outfit...so....I actually think she deserved the chance to pitch her case.

Congrats on the winnings! :metal
Jaclyn was obviously the smarter of the two, although I'm still not convinced they have a whole brain between the two of them. :lol
Still, her and Jon did somehow manage to get themselves into a good little position of power for much of the time after the merge, and she made it to the final 3. She was certainly more deserving than Missy.

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1109 on: December 18, 2014, 01:46:46 PM »
Missy looked completely different at the reunion show....(with some meat on her bones) Most of them including Jac. did look great.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1110 on: December 18, 2014, 11:41:21 PM »
I always like seeing the reunion show, and seeing how they scrub up. You can't recognize the dudes without their jungle beards, and the girls always look better after putting some weight back on and dressing up. I didn't even recognize Missy, and Baylor looked cute. Jaclyn still looked odd, but it was an improvement. That reminds me, I don't remember spotting that baseball dude's chick at the reunion.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1111 on: December 19, 2014, 06:37:36 AM »
She was there, they just weren't sitting together.  It looks like they were seated in the order in which they were voted out.  She was in the middle row, far left.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1112 on: December 19, 2014, 06:43:42 AM »
Ok. I just didn't notice her, since in the reunion they naturally focus more on the people who made it to the merge, because that's where the most interesting stuff happens.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1113 on: December 19, 2014, 06:59:39 AM »
I think I read that after you cut out the actual episode that ran over into the reunion hour, then cut out commercials, there was like 26 minutes of actual reunion episode.  Then he went into the audience at least once during that.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1114 on: February 25, 2015, 06:11:56 PM »
On RIGHT NOW baby. Booyah!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1115 on: February 25, 2015, 09:03:07 PM »
Good golly the white collar folk seem a bit 'slow'. I'm thrilled though that the most intelligent one is Tyler....who is one of my two office pool players this year. The other being that tattooed up chic on blue collar. I guess you reap what you sew....huh...SO? Anyway....on to a new season.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1116 on: February 26, 2015, 07:09:33 AM »
Good golly the white collar folk seem a bit 'slow'. I'm thrilled though that the most intelligent one is Tyler....who is one of my two office pool players this year. The other being that tattooed up chic on blue collar. I guess you reap what you sew....huh...SO? Anyway....on to a new season.

That tattooed chick is clearly the weak link of the blue collar tribe.

I overall like the blue collar and no collar tribes, both full of good people. The white collar team seems a bit too determined to prove their label and stab each other in the back. I could tell from the start they'd be the one team to choose the "deceive" option, especially with slicked back business dude in charge. It's a bit of a shame the hot asian (Korean?) chick got burned for it. I see that team potentially imploding.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1117 on: February 26, 2015, 07:17:36 AM »
I love the epic scale of some of these immunity challenges.  Sometimes they're really weak, but most of the time, the Survivor challenge design team comes up with really outstanding stuff.  This one was pretty good.

Featherhead Vince is already establishing himself as a major-league paranoia case.  WTF, dude?  Coconut vendor?  Chill.  I was pleased to see the blue and no choose the honesty route, knowing that it would be easier than having to come up with some pathetic story that the rest of the team would see through anyway (as they did with white).  However, it appears that some didn't even believe the guys from blue, on having been honest, which is too bad.

Big guy on blue needs to learn to STFU.  Or at the very least learn some tact.  You can't talk to people like that.  Basic decency in human interaction is KEY in this game and it will put you on the black list right away if you're a douche.  Somehow though, people still come on here, end up amidst a group of strangers, and despite their desire to stay in the game, are incapable of conversing with others tactfully when they have a disagreement.

I was quite pleased when the two from white lied to get an immunity idol clue, then the other chick still managed to find it before them.  It's always satisfying when it works out like that.

I think this is going to be a pretty good season.  Looking forward to it.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1118 on: February 26, 2015, 07:22:11 AM »
She was pretty ballsy to not play the idol too, because she could very well have gone.

Vince is a nutjob. A hug's gonna make it all better? Weirdo. Did he remind anyone else of a young James LaBrie? Or maybe just a Fabio.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1119 on: February 26, 2015, 07:28:42 AM »
It was like a five minute hug.  Everything about this guy was awkward.  He's like Coach mixed with Fabio looks-wise and Tony (cop dude from Cagayan) in the paranoia department.