Author Topic: The Survivor Thread  (Read 188050 times)

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Re: The Survivor Thread
« Reply #1365 on: December 17, 2015, 06:32:56 AM »
Indeed, quite pleased to see Jeremy win it.  Spencer was mostly okay throughout, but towards the end of the season, he started to get a little arrogant and/or cocky.  I don't think his pushback on Jeremy at the final TC did him any favors, but I truly do think that Jeremy's final statement, the final thing the jury heard (at least as far as the editing showed) helped him win it just as much as anything he did in the game.

And WOW, next season looks insane!  Starts in February.  I'm always bummed when Survivor ends.  That and Amazing Race both end within a week of each other and I wasn't particularly pleased with how TAR ended.  Oh well.

At least in January, the final season of American Idol starts as well as the new season of The Bachelor.  Mrs. C. has always watched that and I got brought on board, because it's a spectacular trainwreck to watch.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1366 on: December 17, 2015, 07:24:45 AM »
My reality viewing starts and ends with Survivor these days. :lol

The preview looked really good, but I often don't think much of their groups in the themed seasons. Remember the trainwreck that was last time's brains tribe? :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1367 on: December 17, 2015, 07:28:17 AM »
Oh, do I ever.  That was also the season that spawned the nickname "Boobs McGee".  :lol

If any of you watch Big Brother, Caleb, the stalker-y douche from the 2014 season is going to be on the new season of Survivor.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1368 on: December 17, 2015, 07:58:55 AM »
In other news, I just finished the last three Ponderosa episodes.  G, I get what you mean about them feeling over-produced, almost like part of the show.  I will say that Keith's Ponderosa video is probably my favorite.  It really cements the fact that he's your typical unassuming nice guy that you absolutely cannot help but really like.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1369 on: December 17, 2015, 08:21:47 AM »
In other news, I just finished the last three Ponderosa episodes.  G, I get what you mean about them feeling over-produced, almost like part of the show.  I will say that Keith's Ponderosa video is probably my favorite.  It really cements the fact that he's your typical unassuming nice guy that you absolutely cannot help but really like.

I haven't watched Keith's or Wentworth's yet. but to the 'produced' feel.....I personally liked the Ponderosa episodes better when it had that 'home movie' vibe. I still find them neat to watch but like you said, it's just a part of the show now as far as production level and almost 'scripted' settings/interviews.

My reality viewing starts and ends with Survivor these days.

Other than 'Deadliest Catch'.....Survivor is the only other Reality TV I'll watch...
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1370 on: January 21, 2016, 08:03:05 AM »
February 17th, Survivor is back!  Here's a preview of the contestants:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djSmqznIOfs

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1371 on: January 21, 2016, 08:33:01 AM »
 :metal
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1372 on: January 21, 2016, 09:30:49 AM »
This next seasons previews make it out to be a blood bath of injuries!! looks crazy. I think last season was one of the best seasons ever if not the best since season 1....so this one has a lot to live up to and match.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1373 on: January 21, 2016, 09:58:37 AM »
That seems to be the consensus, that last season was really good.

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1374 on: February 14, 2016, 11:12:22 PM »
Few more days until the premiere!  :corn

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1375 on: February 16, 2016, 08:44:49 AM »
Hour and a half premiere.  Looks like it's going to be excellent.  Although the previews are focusing a WHOLE lot on injuries and medevacs, so I'm hoping that's not their way of trying to draw people in because the rest of the season's going to suck otherwise.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1376 on: February 18, 2016, 05:45:55 AM »
Seems like a pretty good mix of characters so far. Like last time they did the 3B thing, the teams felt like a bit of a stretch to match the concept. At least the brain tribe isn't off to the epic losing streak of last time. :lol
I kind of like the idea of having the choice of challenge and choosing what fits your strengths, but at the same time, I felt the entire point was supposed to be to see which trait would work best to compensate for weaknesses in other areas.

And oh god, that ear bug. That was hard to even watch, I couldn't have stood by and watched that in person. I was having visions of The Wrath of Khan. I was also worried at the end that the little thing that came out was just one of a thousand little bugs that the mama bug laid in her ear canal after it burrowed deeply inside.

Sweet dreams tonight.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1377 on: February 18, 2016, 06:36:36 AM »
Yeah, it does seem a bit of a stretch to make these people fit the dialog that's been given to them sometimes, but they almost lost that challenge.  And that was a hell of a challenge.  They were f*cking exhausted!

I also thought of TWOK.  Awful.  Absolutely awful.

It's always an exciting night when the Survivor premiere comes on!

EDIT:  No, wait, it was beauty who almost lost the challenge.  Never mind.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 06:43:30 AM by Sir GuitarCozmo »

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1378 on: February 18, 2016, 06:45:18 AM »
At least the Asian dude knew he had no place on that tribe. :lol They did the best they could to stretch it with the inner beauty crap, but it was hard to buy the loving every creature and plant thing when he was furiously ripping up random trees because he thought there was an idol buried under one of them. :lol

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1379 on: February 18, 2016, 06:51:26 AM »
Stephen Fishbach on Twitter last night:

Tai, getting caught looking for idols on day 1 is a terrible mistake that nobody, should, uhm....nevermind.

:rollin

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1380 on: February 18, 2016, 07:43:03 AM »
At least the Asian dude knew he had no place on that tribe. :lol They did the best they could to stretch it with the inner beauty crap, but it was hard to buy the loving every creature and plant thing when he was furiously ripping up random trees because he thought there was an idol buried under one of them. :lol

no kidding. for all the talk he was the one ripping up trees....chopping off limbs.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1381 on: February 18, 2016, 09:02:05 AM »
I enjoyed the first episode, but I thought they voted off the wrong person.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1382 on: February 18, 2016, 09:05:56 AM »
Agreed, I think it wasn't a real smart play.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1383 on: February 18, 2016, 09:12:44 AM »
I enjoyed the first episode, but I thought they voted off the wrong person.

Agreed, I think it wasn't a real smart play.

Yeah....even though that's the chic I am stuck with in our office pool.....I don't see how she will benefit anyone at any point in the game.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1384 on: February 18, 2016, 09:15:37 AM »
And OH MY GOD, WTF is wrong with her??  They basically said "We think Darnell has an idol and we're TRYING to keep you around, if you'll just play along and STFU.  BTW, you don't have an idol, do you?"

Then she f*cking plays around with them like she may have one?  Why the hell would you do that, when they're clearly trying to throw you a life preserver?

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1385 on: February 19, 2016, 03:37:43 PM »
I wish she had gone home, maybe next week.

That ear bug thing, you wouldn't wish that on anyone, I couldn't understand why the medics weren't called straight away, thank god it left her ear, Gross!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1386 on: February 24, 2016, 11:34:52 PM »
Jenny threw herself under the bus this week. Idiot. The brawn tribe is not off to a great start. I thought last year was getting tough with the idols, but this season is another level. Not a lot of people would be physically capable of climbing that tree to get it.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1387 on: February 26, 2016, 08:09:47 AM »
Yeah, this was an abysmally bad move.  All she had to do was keep her mouth shut, but she goes to TC and immediately starts blabbing.  People don't like a loose cannon.  I'm not shocked that she went home after basically saying out loud "I may not be sticking with my alliance" then trying to backtrack and ask them to please trust her that everything is fine.  WTF?

Also, I was quite pleased to see the lengths they've gone to to make the HII difficult to get to.  Holy crap that was nuts!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1388 on: February 26, 2016, 08:59:55 AM »
Also, I was quite pleased to see the lengths they've gone to to make the HII difficult to get to.  Holy crap that was nuts!

Was it though? I mean, it's 35 foot up a tree...is that really difficult to get to? I personally don't think it'd be that tough to get. Maybe a few of the contestants wouldn't be able to get up there but I'd be willing to be half of them could scramble up that tree and back down in no time. I'm not a Ninja Warrior by any means but I know for a fact I could get up to that idol and back down within a minute or two.

Then again I'm just cool like that  :hat      :lol

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1389 on: February 26, 2016, 09:03:26 AM »
Well, to be fair, we did see Tai climbing trees in the first episode, without much trouble, if I remember right, but then when he tried to get up this one, he had considerable trouble, so I don't know.  I doubt I could have done it.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1390 on: February 26, 2016, 09:05:32 AM »
Also, annoying Debbie got busting for falsifying Katrina water testing results:

https://www.tmz.com/2016/02/26/survivor-contestant-guilty-crime-katrina-water/

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1391 on: February 26, 2016, 09:06:24 AM »
Give it a few days of no food, no sleep, and challenges, and I doubt many at all could climb that tree.

And I'm not believing anyone here could do it without video proof. :lol

BlobVanDam is not responsible for any personal injury due to attempting to climb trees. But still upload the result for me to watch.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1392 on: February 26, 2016, 09:08:48 AM »
Give it a few days of no food, no sleep, and challenges, and I doubt many at all could climb that tree.

BlobVanDam is not responsible for any personal injury due to attempting to climb trees. But still upload the result for me to watch.

I am going to provide video proof....because I can do it. Just need to locate a tree with no branches for 35 foot or so, stay tuned.

And, good point about the lack of food/water/sleep....but still, get up that  :censored tree, it's immunity!!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1393 on: February 26, 2016, 09:11:22 AM »

I am going to provide video proof....because I can do it. Just need to locate a tree with no branches for 35 foot or so, stay tuned.

And, good point about the lack of food/water/sleep....but still, get up that  :censored tree, it's immunity!!

You realize of course, that if/when you do it, I'll make you do it again after a couple of days of eating nothing but a cup of rice a day in the scorching heat. :biggrin: All in the name of science, you understand.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1394 on: February 26, 2016, 10:13:08 AM »

You realize of course, that if/when you do it, I'll make you do it again after a couple of days of eating nothing but a cup of rice a day in the scorching heat. :biggrin: All in the name of science, you understand.

Of course....in the name of science.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1395 on: March 02, 2016, 10:40:26 PM »
So, super idol. Another interesting twist for the season. I like it. It encourages people to trust each other and work together, and encourages people to hunt harder for more idols knowing how powerful it is. I much prefer this to the similar idol they had a few seasons ago, which I don' think got played?
I was a little disappointed that they voted out the cute girl, but Liz and Pete were being pretty thick at tribal council with their talk about having thought of everything and being so smart, so they deserved the votes they got. It felt a bit laid on, so I don't know whether that was put on for good TV, or whether they were just dense.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1396 on: March 03, 2016, 06:29:13 AM »
Yeah, that was a complete waste of a vote.  I'm REALLY shocked that Pete didn't go home.  At one point they showed Debbie on screen cackling in a side interview and we were both like "Wicked Witch of the West!"  :lol

The super idol is pretty cool, but I suspect that it will be a real non-issue.  Nobody is likely to want to sacrifice their immunity for something like this.  Sure, people have given away immunity idols before, but it just doesn't seem like good sense.  And as I mentioned, the f*cking hoops you have to jump through to GET an idol now?  I like it.

Caleb was super-creep on Big Brother, but he's really making me like him on Survivor.  He's been super useful at challenges and hasn't been all creepy (at least what they've shown, anyway).

Next week's episode looks like it's gonna be f*cking BR00TAL.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1397 on: March 09, 2016, 07:14:23 PM »
DAMMIT, man. Caleb redeemed himself in spectacular fashion and I was so hoping to see him continue to be awesome. Fucking warrior. Beast Mode Cowboy, indeed.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1398 on: March 09, 2016, 10:30:16 PM »
When the first person collapsed I thought the ad had exaggerated the medical issues for this week, but then two more dropped. Damn! 45+ minutes of physical activity in the sun like that with little food or sleep would wipe you out.
Given that someone got evacuated and they were near the end of the episode, I thought they were going to skip tribal council this week, but then it just turned out it was cut and dried enough to just quickly get it over and done with. :lol

Alecia had no place on that tribe, so they made the right call. The basketball player is still a jerk though.
And next week new tribes. Huzzah!

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1399 on: March 10, 2016, 06:27:59 AM »
Yeah, I guess if you hadn't seen Caleb on Big Brother, it would be hard to see him as anything other than a guy that came across fairly likeable and strong and determined.  He was a total creeper on Big Brother, so it was nice to see him in a new and more likeable light on Survivor.  I understand that you take it upon yourself to risk your health for this game, but in those conditions, they should VERY well have known that it was dangerous.  They should have stopped the clock and given everybody some water or something.  I really feel like this went too far this time.  It was almost uncomfortable to see this happening.

Yeah, bball guy is a major douche, but Alecia was absolutely no brawn character, whatsoever.  No idea why she was there.