Author Topic: IndyCar Wacky Cruise of Placid Procrastination - Back to Biz(arro)ness.  (Read 75509 times)

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: IndyCar Wacky Races of Madness Roulette - All Is Revealed!
« Reply #1085 on: February 10, 2024, 09:23:58 AM »
I'm cool with that.

I'm not entirely sure I understand how everything works but I'm willing to try this out and see how it goes.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #1086 on: February 10, 2024, 10:03:57 AM »
So am I right in thinking the way it works is as follows.

Once results are posted I can then PM you to say who I want to overtake. As I have 6 points, then I assume I could potentially overtake anyone who is up to 6 places in front of me.

But do I only get to ACTUALLY overtake if my submission for he next round is better than the person's who I wish to overtake?

If my submission is worse then I stay where I am and lose all my overtake points?

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #1087 on: February 10, 2024, 10:33:38 AM »
I'm just going to go for someone ahead of me who I think I have a chance at scoring higher than - seems like that's all there really is to it. :lol
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1088 on: February 10, 2024, 10:54:05 AM »

Once results and the new Marching Order are posted I can then PM you to say who I want to overtake. As I have 6 points, then I assume I could potentially overtake anyone who is up to 6 places in front of me.

But do I only get to ACTUALLY overtake if my submission for he next round is better than the person's who I wish to overtake?

If my submission is worse then I stay where I am and lose all my overtake points?

That's the gist, plus the part I added in bold.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1089 on: February 10, 2024, 02:42:07 PM »

Once results and the new Marching Order are posted I can then PM you to say who I want to overtake. As I have 6 points, then I assume I could potentially overtake anyone who is up to 6 places in front of me.

AAAAANNNDDD … if the person you chose to over take got their PM to Indi in before you, and ends up overtaking THEIR target, they might end up “out of range” from your attempt to pass.

What would be cool for the participants, but a nightmare for Indi, is to be able to split overtake point to multiple targets.  :biggrin:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1090 on: February 10, 2024, 02:46:04 PM »
Oh, you can only overtake ONE player? I was going to use my three overtake points of three different people. I can't do that?

Alessandro, will you make public the targets at some point during the week?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1091 on: February 10, 2024, 02:48:13 PM »

AAAAANNNDDD … if the person you chose to over take got their PM to Indi in before you, and ends up overtaking THEIR target, they might end up “out of range” from your attempt to pass.

What would be cool for the participants, but a nightmare for Indi, is to be able to split overtake point to multiple targets.  :biggrin:

It may sound strange, but I've already forecast such an occurrance. In fact, there lies the beautiful chaos in this whole endeavour. In that case "you" will attempt to overtake the player currently positioned where your original target was. The possibilities for mayhem are endless.

Oh, you can only overtake ONE player? I was going to use my three overtake points of three different people. I can't do that?

Alessandro, will you make public the targets at some point during the week?

Only one player. I will make public the targets when I "narrate" the round, the same way I used to do in the Royal Rumble.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1092 on: February 10, 2024, 02:50:43 PM »

It may sound strange, but I've already forecast such an occurrance. In fact, there lies the beautiful chaos in this whole endeavour. In that case "you" will attempt to overtake the player currently positioned where your original target was. The possibilities for mayhem are endless.

How will you prioritize overtakes?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1093 on: February 10, 2024, 02:51:59 PM »
While I keep listening, ordering, and writing up, a little useful recap of the overall Overtake Points situation:

6 Luke, TAC
5 Elite, Evermind, Jazzo
4 ariich, jingle, lonestar, wolfking
3 Buddy, Crow, King, Lonk, Puppies, romdrums, Sacul, Stadler

Also, a little tutorial for the next round(s) couldn't hurt:

Briefly after posting the write-ups, I will establish a starting grid (Marching Order from next round onwards). At that moment you are free to send your submissions and to specify in the PM which player (ahead of you) you wish to overtake, prevented your Overtake Points can cover that distance. As already said, you don't have to use them all (you may want to target someone regardless of your maximum potential advancement, being for personal vendettas, ballsbusting, or simply because you are confident his/her song sucks) but they won't carry over: every round you'll be given 3 fresh default Overtake Points plus whatever you can scratch from Hangmama. If your submission beats your target's, you successfully manage to exchange positions.

IMPORTANT #1: Obviously, your target will be already engaged in his/her own overtake exchange(s), therefore he/she may not be in the positon you're gunning for anymore, and likewise you may not be in your original position anymore if successfully targeted. How will I rule over all this chaos? Simple, I'm queing overtake attempts and relative shifts in position on a first post first serve base. Being quick is a requirement in a racing roulette. Before your cheating souls heat up, I must specify that you can't PM your overtake intentions BEFORE I post a Marching Order. If you still do it to fock with me, I won't que it up until you PM it again when kosher.

IMPORTANT #2: Forget whatever I have written (if you happened to read it) about Car Spaces. It's stupid, complicated, and hurts the unpredictability factor. If you are currently #1, you just don't focking bother to overtake. Just send shit good enough to protect you from the horde of assailants. I hate unreachable leaderships in roulette, while I really need you all to feel like you can win this thing until my mother-in-law sings. However, there should be some kind of advantage for the race leader, therefore player #1 can submit 2 SONGS for me to pick the best from.

As always, I am here for questions and lawyering.   

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: IndyCar Wacky Races of Madness Roulette - Further Instructions, Desmond
« Reply #1094 on: February 10, 2024, 02:53:05 PM »
Oh that's brilliant. In theory then, someone could be overtaken two or three times in a single round.

This is going to be CARNAGE.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1095 on: February 10, 2024, 02:55:07 PM »

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1096 on: February 10, 2024, 02:56:03 PM »

I mean yes, that is exactly the level of scheming I expect from you.

Of course, it didn't end well for him...

I be am boner inducing.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1097 on: February 10, 2024, 02:56:41 PM »

I think he said by order of PM received.

Just so I have this straight. If such an order was this:

Joe
RJ
Tim
Kade
Me

If I target Tim, and by some miracle he’s successful in his overtake attempt of Joe, then my overtake attempt is now targeting RJ?

If so, and I’m successful, then if the next person in the listening order was targeting me, they’ll actually be targeting Kade?

Yeah, this will be carnage.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1098 on: February 10, 2024, 02:58:50 PM »
I have a headache just thinking about how you’re going to manage this.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1099 on: February 10, 2024, 02:59:50 PM »

Joe
RJ
Tim
Kade
Me

If I target Tim, and by some miracle he’s successful in his overtake attempt of Joe, then my overtake attempt is now targeting RJ?

Theorethically Joe, since Tim has forced him to exchange positions. Many variables could apply, but the funny thing is the burden's only mine.

I mean yes, that is exactly the level of scheming I expect from you.

Of course, it didn't end well for him...

Actually it hasn't ended yet.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1100 on: February 10, 2024, 03:00:11 PM »
Whoever the hell that is.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1101 on: February 10, 2024, 03:01:44 PM »
I have a headache just thinking about how you’re going to manage this.

I manage waaaaaay worst, my friend.

Shortstop for the Astros

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1102 on: February 10, 2024, 03:05:08 PM »
So you don’t just move up by overtaking someone, you actually switch positions? :lol

It seems sending late would be an advantage, especially when you are behind and have a lot of overtake points, because all the madness will happen first and then at the end, the late overtake can push you up a lot of positions easily without the fear of things happening afterwards.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1103 on: February 10, 2024, 03:05:41 PM »

Joe
RJ
Tim
Kade
Me

Theorethically Joe, since Tim has forced him to exchange positions. Many variables could apply, but the funny thing is the burden's only mine.

Ah, right … forgot, “swapping positions”. I posited just on “overtaking”.  Theoretically, if Joe targeted the person 2 spots ahead, but PM’d right after Tim …. He could end up swapping right back!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1104 on: February 10, 2024, 03:06:01 PM »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1105 on: February 10, 2024, 03:06:47 PM »
So you don’t just move up by overtaking someone, you actually switch positions? :lol

It seems sending late would be an advantage, especially when you are behind and have a lot of overtake points, because all the madness will happen first and then at the end, the late overtake can push you up a lot of positions easily without the fear of things happening afterwards.

Agreed … unless you’re close to the top, and confident in your ability to overtake.

Shortstop for the Astros

So he's a cheater!

My kinda guy!

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1106 on: February 10, 2024, 03:07:32 PM »

Indi turned your weakness into a strength.  :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1107 on: February 10, 2024, 03:19:11 PM »

:rollin :rollin

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1108 on: February 10, 2024, 03:20:38 PM »

:lol

But actually no, not necessarily. You might already have been overtaken, and the person you're targeting might therefore now be out of reach.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1109 on: February 10, 2024, 03:22:31 PM »

Not much of a difference. Yes, your move depends on your PM's timing, but you are a potential target since the first PM.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1110 on: February 10, 2024, 03:31:51 PM »

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1111 on: February 10, 2024, 03:33:29 PM »

:lol

But actually no, not necessarily. You might already have been overtaken, and the person you're targeting might therefore now be out of reach.

Oh I know, I think it's intentionally designed to blue screen of death any attempts to precisely calculate out what will happen.  If anyone has played the board game RoboRally you'll know exactly what I mean. 

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #1112 on: February 10, 2024, 03:44:41 PM »
do i need to do anything i'm kinda just chilling waiting for results ngl

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1113 on: February 10, 2024, 03:47:04 PM »

No need to break the chilling. All the stuff above starts with your next submission.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1114 on: February 10, 2024, 03:56:58 PM »
I just read all these posts and now I have to throw my brain away.  It broke.

Seeing Lotus Land a Rush tribute band tonight. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1115 on: February 10, 2024, 03:58:58 PM »

This.  I think I'll just see how it all plays out before trying to work this out beforehand.  :lol
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1116 on: February 10, 2024, 04:45:31 PM »
PM a song and target a mofo you want to overtake and flip the bird to, that's all it is.

All the nerdage discussed above is up to me.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1117 on: February 10, 2024, 05:03:25 PM »
Since I sent a song before the latest info, I'll just send you a target when the time comes.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1118 on: February 10, 2024, 05:04:30 PM »
PM a song and target a mofo you want to overtake and flip the bird to, that's all it is.

All the nerdage discussed above is up to me.

Sounds like a good game to me actually.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #1119 on: February 10, 2024, 05:05:29 PM »
what if i target myself